Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Rather curious a missing person case would have her home's search warrant sealed.
But at least that's the first LE confirmation I'm aware that admits it was a search, with a warrant.
I expect it's sealed in order to protect the continuing investigation, and perhaps also not to alert a potential suspect.

I think it depends on the person. I live in a remote area on 200 acres and have no problem staying at home alone when the kids and hubby are away.
jmo
I live alone in a remote area as well. However ,I have dogs,guns and an alarm system. Without those I don't think I could live here alone. Not saying any of those could have prevented what happened to SM but they couldn't hurt.

RSBM

Rather curious a missing person case would have her home's search warrant sealed.
But at least that's the first LE confirmation I'm aware that admits it was a search, with a warrant.

In some areas, it's routine to keep warrants sealed until an arrest is made, or even later. That's what they usually do around here.

Posters are speculating on firefighter related training that he MAY have been attending. There is no source to substantiate any specific training (calendar or otherwise) or venue other than it is said he was in Denver.

Instead of tunnel vision, perhaps members could be productive in finding some other courses that he MAY have attended that just might support such a claim rather than simply posting negative speculation.

Any more derogatory posts about a persons physical or psychological characteristics are not victim friendly will result in a permanent thread ban.

While Mods and Admins are having to spend so much time moderating this thread due to TOS violations, other active and important threads are being neglected. Members who make posts knowing full well they are against TOS and laughing that their post may be removed by Moderators may just find they lose their WS posting privileges permanently.

I had a thought (admittedly unlikely), that LE is keeping BM away from the investigation because they think it would be a bad idea for him to know who any suspect might be before they have that person in custody.

Very much MOO.

The caption says "Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished. The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana. Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday."

So I guess it's the house's driveway or the street/road in front.
I'm confused? He was on the property right before CSI came to search? Protocol? Even with the house cordoned off?

Trouble posting quote on previous post - assume mean 2020 (not 2021) fire fighter tryouts were cancelled for May 9th in Denver ...now these are 'tryouts'......

BM was already a volunteer firefighter - maybe he was attending other trainings not designed for those seeking to become one (or maybe the volunteers need to train to be permanent firefighters?)

Either way - great find bakersgonnabake & thanks for sharing :)
As I understand it, the calendar tryouts were being held on May 9th, 2020 to appear in the 2021 calendar. I'm not sure the calendar tryouts is the "training" BM refers to. MOO

The more I watch the plea BM made, the more I get the feeling that someone may have threatened him prior to this, with this very scenario. He seems to be speaking to someone and almost saying...ok you win, I'll pay you, give me my wife back.

Posters are speculating on firefighter related training that he MAY have been attending. There is no source to substantiate any specific training (calendar or otherwise) or venue other than it is said he was in Denver.

Instead of tunnel vision, perhaps members could be productive in finding some other courses that he MAY have attended that just might support such a claim rather than simply posting negative speculation.

I tried that for a while last night and today. I looked up 10-15 maybe different fire training sites that have (or have links to) courses, events, conferences, seminars, etc.
Without exception, not one of them had anything on the calendar for Mother's Day weekend.
Obviously this doesn't mean a course or event doesn't exist, it just means I couldn't find one in the hour or so I spent looking.
Either way, LE will definitely either confirm it or not, eventually.

I know it's not looking too good as far as BM looking Sketchy so far,but I remember the Heidi Broussard case. I thought he seemed genuine in the pressers, I feel the same about BM but then the purse in the appt/in the car made me question. Then when Heidi's 'friends' started in with their abuse accusations I started to sway. I even thought those who said it could be a baby obsessed woman Were completely whacko nutters. I was blown away to find they were spot on. I'm just not sure how this case is going turn out. MOO

I don't think it's a business deal gone bad or and abduction.

Sometimes people are acting and only make videos/pleas because it's an expectation. I hope that's not how this one turns out, but it happens all too often.
jmo
I found the video confusing, wasnt sure if he was appealing to Suzanne or a kidnapper.
Seemed very half hearted, even his first words “oh Suzanne” struck me as odd.
If sincere wouldnt you want to appeal to more people than just fb readers.

Remember the nephew in msm said that members of the public should ask LE about the "condition of the bike".
Why didn't the nephew just ask BM himself ?
Not on good terms ?
Families can be complicated.
I could be wrong, but my take on it was that nephew already knew 'the condition' of the bike.
But he wanted the public to know also, possibly to put some pressure on someone?

Her family said she was very happy in colorado. Where does it say she wasn't?
I apologize. I honestly thought I read in someone’s post that it said she wasn’t happy. I went back to try and find the post but couldn’t find it. I sincerely apologize. So please disregard my comments pertaining to that.

I'm confused? He was on the property right before CSI came to search? Protocol? Even with the house cordoned off?

BLM is staying at the property of a friend which is nearby to BLM's own home. He and his friend were "seen leaving the property" as the CSI team arrived. I think the (unclear) meaning could be that BLM and his friend were seen leaving the friend's property as the CSI team arrived at BLM's home.

Hmmm. Maybe. I can do that from my phone, fwiw.
The DM article says LE has his phone, as well as his car.

"But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver. Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend GD, 33."
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member