Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM-@seattle1 answered the questions.

Last edited:
Not sure if the link holds, $1,575,000 (sale price). The home was originally held in a trust, transferred to a LLC at sale. That LLC is not in good standing with the CO SOS at current.
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

The Sales link is accurate -- you have to follow the Buyers name at the link for the sales price at $1,575,000. The warranty deed was also recorded for the same but I didn't see any public information about a Mortgage.

The Seller's Quit Claim transactions from Trust to LLC should be ignored because it has nothing to do with the Buyer. It appears the Sales Agreement noted the LLC as the Seller and when the recorded information did not match it was quickly corrected by Quit Claim and Seller presented affidavit for good title at closing.

Google says the map data is from 2020, but I'm not a map expert. I count only 3-4 homes on acreage and a RV park, which are near her home. LE was searching the Monarch Pass area yesterday. Due to the limited info from LE we have no idea which path she took. If she headed towards Monarch, she could have went Hwy 225 or it looks like the Colorado trail heads that way past Foose Lake.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
You're reading those maps right! I was too focused on the value of the neighboring houses (my mind keeps "sticking" on the value of her new house). Zoomed out, this area is very sparsely populated. So sparsely populated that she might not have passed any video cameras at all. I wish we knew more about her route - if she passed any houses - and it makes me even more curious how a neighbor knew she was missing. Do we know what her bike looked like (mountain or road)? We could better guess whether it was a trail ride or a road ride - the roads look like they would not have much traffic.

LE must know something, looks like urgent activity/big reward not in proportion to the few facts that are out there. So few facts. Even in sources not shareable due to TOS. Except the Instagram tidbit from @cluehunter (good sleuthing).

ETA - @AmandaSkis - you beat me to it - road bike vs. trail bike - so much info could be gleaned. The fact that this basic info isn't being released must mean something too. But I can't figure out what they know - I did notice this from the linked article: "reportedly gone for a bike ride" BBM

Woman goes missing after going on bike ride in Chaffee County

Last edited:
The Sales link is accurate -- you have to follow the Buyers name at the link for the sales price at $1,575,000. The warranty deed was also recorded for the same but I didn't see any public information about a Mortgage.

The Seller's Quit Claim transactions from Trust to LLC should be ignored because it has nothing to do with the Buyer. It appears the Sales Agreement noted the LLC as the Seller and when the recorded information did not match it was quickly corrected by Quit Claim and Seller presented affidavit for good title at closing.
good sleuthing - so an all cash purchase? mortgages have to be recorded in CO - we discovered that in Kelseys condo purchase. hmmm
JMO

Questions I have:
  • When was the last verified independent sighting of SM?
  • Where was her husband last weekend?
  • What's her current marital status, i.e, married, separated, living together or separately, etc.?
  • Was SM's cell phone found at the home or not?
"A friend" and I were talking about this case yesterday.

We, too, noted the substantial cost increase b/t the last home in IN and the CO house.

As another poster noted, that can often be an indication of a party receiving an inheritance.
Another possibility would be increased income d/t job promotion or career advancement.
There may also have been some lucrative stock market investments.

Or, it could be a case of people's eyes being bigger than their wallets.
Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

The charitable foundation is also a bit eyebrow-raising, for various reasons, not the least of which is the relatively small income listed on the foundation's filed tax returns, and by relatively small, I mean 4 figures.

Taken individually, the facts surrounding SM's disappearance don't in and of themselves signal foul play.

Taken collectively, the facts are extremely concerning.

I'm seeing red flags littered all over the field on this one.

JMO.

Last edited:
Searched for an update after reading this thread and saw this article posted today, 5/13/20.
Interesting tidbits:
Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe there’s foul play involved.

“This is an open criminal investigation,” Spezze said during a brief interview.

Searched for an update after reading this thread and saw this article posted today, 5/13/20.
Interesting tidbits:
Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe there’s foul play involved.

BBM:

Crud.

There it is.

The Sheriff just said it all without saying a word.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/colorado-woman-missing-after-going-on-mothers-day-bike-ride/

Well there you go ... straight from the Sheriff's mouth.

JMO
Been reading through this thread from the beginning and I think the way the Sheriff is calling it a "criminal investigation" is very telling.

We can glean from that, that this case is not a simple case of someone going missing. There must be a criminal element to it if they are calling it a criminal investigation now.

The main question I have that I havent seen answered is what day and what time exactly did she leave her house to go on this alleged bike ride?

Wherever the bike ride story came from may have a clue on the date and time she was last seen.

There may have never been any bike ride until we can get more facts about who saw her leave the house last. For example, someone may have just told this neighbor she went on a bike ride so the neighbor may or may not have a clue when she was last seen at her house.

This doesnt sound good at all. I am hoping she is able to be returned safely.

This one raises so many red flags for me. No messages from husband or children. Only a neighbor that saw her leave on her bike. They recently bought a house almost a million dollars more than their last home. No picture of the husband on Facebook since 2017 but lots of pictures of her two daughters. Why are they not speaking out. There's almost ZERO media attention on this case. IMO there's stuff going on here they are not releasing.

It feels like they know or have a idea of what may have happened. It seems LE has told everyone to be quiet. I do not think she is still alive based of the 100K being offered so fast. Seems like that was made in hopes of catching someone before something bad happened. I am leaning towards business dealings gone wrong or made with the wrong people. IMO

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/colorado-woman-missing-after-going-on-mothers-day-bike-ride/

May 13, 2020

A Colorado woman went for a bike ride on Mother’s Day, and hasn’t been seen since, authorities said.

Suzanne Morphew, a 49-year-old married mother of two, was reported missing Sunday by a neighbor after she did not return from a bike ride near County Road 225 and West Highway 50 in Chaffee County, sheriff officials announced Monday.

A search for Morphew, of Maysville, involving more than 100 law enforcement officials — including some with tracking dogs — “began immediately,” but no sign of the woman was found.

She remained missing as of early Wednesday, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Post.

Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe foul play was involved.

I'm looking for Sheriff John Spezze's brief interview!

ETA: Something's not right here.
There's been no local news today and the only quote of Sheriff JS is coming from the NY Post? :eek:

Last edited:
Colorado woman missing after leaving for bike ride on Mother’s Day - Independente Eagle

May 13, 2020

She [Suzanne Morphew] remains missing as of early Wednesday, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Post.

Anyone with information about Morphew’s whereabouts is asked to contact sheriff officials at (719) 207-3199.

May 13, 2020

A Colorado woman went for a bike ride on Mother’s Day, and hasn’t been seen since, authorities said.

Suzanne Morphew, a 49-year-old married mother of two, was reported missing Sunday by a neighbor after she did not return from a bike ride near County Road 225 and West Highway 50 in Chaffee County, sheriff officials announced Monday.

A search for Morphew, of Maysville, involving more than 100 law enforcement officials — including some with tracking dogs — “began immediately,” but no sign of the woman was found.

She remained missing as of early Wednesday, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Post.

Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe foul play was involved.

BBM:

And at this point, I'm wondering whether or not anyone at all observed her out riding her bike on Sunday.

Has LE stated they have footage or eyewitness accounts of her leaving the house or anywhere out on a ride that day?

It would be relatively easy for someone to drive out to a remote location and toss her bike off a trail or side of the road in an effort to misdirect investigators.

I'm not assuming a Sunday bike ride ever occurred.

Just saying.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads