CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why DN is on Tim's murder thread. Regardless, DN was shipped away from the regular barracks of Marines to Parris Island where he was under guard watch 24/7 while the military got his dishonorable discharge papers in order. Keep in mind, the military never issues dishonorable discharges easily. An enlistee must perform some egregious acts to be kicked out of the barracks and moved into quarantine at PI. Once a soldier has a dishonorable discharge, it follows the person the rest of their life. It makes it tough for DD to acquire good jobs, for one major reason. Look where DN ended up. Living out of a car with two children and a wife with a broken car with outdated licensed plates.

I find it incredibly sad when compared to most lives led after military service. DN being DD from the Marines, ended any dreams he had at future success because, let's face it, he wasn't the sharpest kid on the block.

Now, please tell me why DN is the talk of the thread since he is in Indiana now?

And who is ML? Is she the lady who committed suicide and her family and friends held a life celebration for her last October?

The ABHAN charge, per Daey's link, was dismissed.
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dil...376103556956101112115117101120117788811279119

We are each faced with making decisions every single moment. DN has proven that he is not capable of doing that. The military tried to give him life skills - they take those DD's very, very seriously as it looks like they did not do their job - but over and over again DN could not, would not conform.

Yes, he has ruined his own life. I feel bad that situations he found himself in/doing are in MSM for all to see, but if he did any of these crimes, I will be glad he is behind bars.

The neighbors across the street from my childhood home in Virginia were much older than the other neighbors on our street. Around the time that I graduated from high school, the husband died of natural causes as far as I know. After a year or so, the wife moved away to move in with some family friends of hers and was murdered at that house at age 72 with the lady there. This was a long time ago but I was able to find an article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...3ce-a7c2-ba7ea953a49b/?utm_term=.daf222299b15

That is such a sad story! Thank you for sharing.

Yes, that would be the strongest tie between the two cases that I can see. If they can place the car in Delphi, well ....nothing left to say. my opinion only

About the "gag order" - it was requested by DN's attorney not the prosecution. I've seen no indication there was an order issued.

BTW: MSM is reporting ISP has stated he's "not on the radar for the Delphi murders". See the media thread for A&L for the link.

moo

About the "gag order" - it was requested by DN's attorney not the prosecution. I've seen no indication there was an order issued.

BTW: MSM is reporting ISP has stated he's "not on the radar for the Delphi murders". See the media thread for A&L for the link.

moo

What about TW? Do Co still have their car, belongings, hatchet and .22 or has KN picked them up? Will check out the link. Is the main thread still closed? Who requested the Co similarities be withheld? Is that still in effect?

What about TW? Do Co still have their car, belongings, hatchet and .22 or has KN picked them up? Will check out the link. Is the main thread still closed?

Yes, the thread is still closed, dang it!

As far as TW goes...no word out of Colorado. Back to the drawing board for LE on the case? I'm afraid it may be a cold case and never be solved.

moo

Yes, the thread is still closed, dang it!

As far as DN goes...no word out of Colorado. Back to the drawing board for LE on the TW case? I'm afraid it may be a cold case and never be solved.

moo

I just checked that latest link. "A source inside ISP ...." stated that so I think I'll wait for the press release when we may officially have someone who puts their name to any update.

How is a case cold after only 4 months and no apparent investigations so far?

It hasn't even warmed up yet imo.

I just checked that latest link. "A source inside ISP ...." stated that so I think I'll wait for the press release when we may officially have someone who puts their name to any update.

How is a case cold after only 4 months and no apparent investigations so far?

Tunnel vision and it didn't work out? moo

I'd like to know where that hatchet and rifle are right now.

Interesting question. After testing would they be returned to his wife? I don't have a clue; maybe someone with LE or legal experience will know?

ETA: I'm guessing they'd be returned since they are their property and no charges were filed.

moo

Thats a good question DeDee! There seems to be a gag order in CO and all LE has said with regard to whether the trails are safe is "Mr Nations is in custody", as if he is their only suspect in TW murder. It is unclear if they have ballistics work done or not, or whether the gun DN had at the time of arrest is even the same as what he had earlier in Sept. LE has not made any comment after saying they expect more charges for DN. The most compelling thing that I suppose makes it difficult for me to let go of DN is the timing of TW's murder coincides perhaps even to the hour of when DNs' brothers killer was sentenced, quite a coincidence. For sure it seems if they were going to charge him they would have done it before they let him go but as you know sometimes the evidence does not line up at first. And he still has a pending charge left in CO as well as child custody.

ML is the woman who may have committed suicide. You know one thing that bothers me about the search for her is that the reports describe when it was called off that the search dogs did not detect any trace of her scent in the area where her vehicle was found. And they stated they wanted to talk to anyone who saw her vehicle in the days between when she went missing and before it was found at the Catamount campground. It was stated like they thought she did not leave it there. I know her friends know her but depressed people can still be murdered. Do you know she went missing a day before DN showed up in Woodland Park just 5 miles away from where her car was found. Maybe just another coincidence i guess.

ocgrad, you and I have worked on cases before. Just so you know, I hold your sleuthing abilities at the highest level. When you post, I listen.

That was back in March, a couple weeks after the murders and 6 months before DN came onto the radar. Of all the vehicle colors out there, and the even smaller percentage with paper plates (temp tags), it's the combination of red + paper plates mentioned. What are the odds...? MOO

I will never understand why DNs wife purchased a gun while knowing how violent he is toward her. I can't imagine someone putting their strong hands around my neck in an effort to snuff out my life. Crystal McDowell's strangulation, at the hands of her own husband, comes to mind. He could have stopped at any time but chose not to do so. Consequently, Crystal's two children will live without their beautiful and successful mother while visiting their father in a TX prison, if they so choose.

DN chose, by making a very good decision, to stop choking KN. He can stop himself. He is not fully out of control. However, I do believe him to be a bit scattered as he has personally experienced much trauma in his life. At the same time, I cannot understand his will to shake a hatchet at anyone unless he has a death wish for his own life to end. IE, shake an axe at me and you'll find yourself with at least seven gunshot puncture wounds. Bullseye Shooter here!

As for ML, I cannot understand why the K9s did not track her presence. I trust K9s more than I do people, most often. Did it rain or snow after she went missing? I have not verified the climate during that time period. How many search efforts were performed to find her? I discovered yesterday that Indy has an electronics sniffing dog. Give the K9 five minutes in a room and he'll show you where hidden equipment discs, cards, etc are hidden. He can smell electronics whereas we cannot. That is not fresh news as the sniffing electronics K9 was used in the Subway guy's *advertiser censored* investigation.

Kizzykat, I have stated many times on WSs that there are no coincidences in murder investigations. I will say the same for missing persons. Coincidences are clues. Those clues are part of the puzzle until they don't fit together. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." Not every clue in an investigation will make sense to us. However, we shouldn't cast them away until they prove to be of no value.

Boxer, it troubles me anytime a murder occurs when no reward is offered. When TW was reported as missing, even Crime Stoppers, should have stepped in to offer a reward for his whereabouts. I've called the FBI, on other cases, to ascertain why a reward is not being offered. A standard reply is, "We are considering it." If I'm not mistaken, it was Indiana authorities who requested that a gag order to be placed, in order, for them to visit and interview with DN.

There is no reason for the gag not to be lifted now, with DN back in IN. In six more days, Abby and Libby's murders will see the one year anniversary. LE has all test reports back by now. Yet, LE is continuing to ask the public for assistance on IDing BG. If it was DN, LE would know that by now.

Also, Colorado is my father's favorite state in the Union. Therefore, since I could walk, I've been to CO so often that I have lost count. We spent over a week in Boulder's Historic Chautauqua Park in 2014. CO is unique. Almost every road has a bike lane. Where there isn't one, cyclists may take an entire lane. Residents march to their own drum which is reflected by their governing laws. It is one of the most laid back states I've personally visited. The Denver airport is a marvel to me. I actually find it almost terrifying whereas, my SIL, the architect, sees the artistic beauty, when I read the art, on the interior's tiles, on a deeper level, I suppose. I don't have the stats handy but I would gander to claim that CO is one of our countries' states with the highest level of education. They work hard then, relax completely. All of that data is from my personal experiences, at no charge.

mustang.jpg

http://blogs.denverpost.com/eletter...ue-horse-love-it-or-hate-it-11-letters/21227/

The gag order was requested by DN's Colorado attorney. Indiana LE made an informal request of Colorado authorities to not release info.

moo

moo

Hiya, Jax. Everytime I see you're username, I think of playing with a ball and jacks as a child. I would occupy myself with that game for hours on end!

It was my impression that the gag order was requested by IN LE before they went to CO. Your clarification is appreciated.

Hiya, Jax. Everytime I see you're username, I think of playing with a ball and jacks as a child. I would occupy myself with that game for hours on end!

It was my impression that the gag order was requested by IN LE before they went to CO. Your clarification is appreciated.

It all gets confusing, especially following so many cases. Sad to say I think TW's murder case has gone cold. They had one suspect and for some reason couldn't make a case, imho.

LOL, your jacks comment brought back all kinds of memories. Hours and hours playing. Totally absorbed.

moo

Interesting question. After testing would they be returned to his wife? I don't have a clue; maybe someone with LE or legal experience will know?

ETA: I'm guessing they'd be returned since they are their property and no charges were filed.

moo
I can only relate how it would be in Uk. Someone convicted of using a normally innocent tool (e.g. a hatchet) as an offensive weapon by threatening people with it would not have it returned - it would be destroyed. It would first be bagged as evidence for any possible trial. If there was any suspicion it had also been used in other crimes it would not be destroyed but kept. So I would think it would be similar. Regarding the rifle, presumably it would be returned to KN unless as above. Depending what has happened to those weapons could be significant therefore imo. Same with the car and belongings. This isn't over yet AFAICS.

I can only relate how it would be in Uk. Someone convicted of using a normally innocent tool (e.g. a hatchet) as an offensive weapon by threatening people with it would not have it returned - it would be destroyed. It would first be bagged as evidence for any possible trial. If there was any suspicion it had also been used in other crimes it would not be destroyed but kept. So I would think it would be similar. Regarding the rifle, presumably it would be returned to KN unless as above. Depending what has happened to those weapons could be significant therefore imo. Same with the car and belongings. This isn't over yet AFAICS.

Thank you - I misspoke about the hatchet (forgot his plea deal included admitting making threats with it). I'd think our laws would play out about the same as you describe.

I do respectfully disagree about it being over. Tests should be done long ago and he's sitting in jail in another state on low level charges. New evidence could be discovered in Colorado that will change his situation, of course but as it stands now, it is over. IMHO

off the radar - to no longer be noticed or important

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/to-be-off-the-radar

Thank you - I misspoke about the hatchet (forgot his plea deal included admitting making threats with it). I'd think our laws would play out about the same as you describe.

I do respectfully disagree about it being over. Tests should be done long ago and he's sitting in jail in another state on low level charges. New evidence could be discovered in Colorado that will change his situation, of course but as it stands now, it is over. IMHO

off the radar - to no longer be noticed or important

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/to-be-off-the-radar

I don't think his JoCo charges are minor and neither were the Co ones. I'm happy to disagree - I think LE want it all to die down so that any defence cannot argue it was prejudicial. Also, if that radar comment was official there would be a name attached to it. It's like for 4 months they have ramped up DN, got max publicity, maybe even got some valuable tips eventually. Now what? Still 3 unsolved murders but still many, many coincidences and similarities for me ATM.
On the testing, we have seen a lot longer than 4 months on some cases so I am not confident that is completed either. So I am :waiting: and
:cow:ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member