Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find! That would make the other classroom this one. And, she was has been teaching for 23 years. Wonder if AL had her as a teacher while he was there?

Below is the link to the last newsletter the teacher sent out. It makes me feel like vomiting to read this... Gingerbread houses and a class memory book. :(

http://myschooldesk.net/newtown/teachersite.aspx#site.7399_pid.31545_mid.166389

Construction is set for Friday morning December 14th at 9:45 in our classroom and should last for about an hour and a half.

From your link. So the time was changed on the ginger bread house construction and just imagine if it hadn't been. All the parents that would have been there at that time too!

Well now I just saw on breaking news on CNN that reports that Lanza was involved in an altercation at the school the day before were inaccurate and that didn't happen. I understand the news being wrong in the day of the event with all the new information coming in, but now it's just starting to get ridiculous!

There was a Lanza family friend on CNN just now. He said that Nancy told Adam's brother and others who might be watching him to never leave him alone in a room, not even to go to the bathroom.

If Adam needed that much supervision, it seems to me that she really should have kept those firearms somewhere locked up where he couldn't get to them, like in a gun safe.

I'll go a step further and say that if Adam was that bad off even as a young boy (the man said Adam was 10 at the time) then he should have been institutionalized. It's not like they didn't have the money to do this. His older brother and this man (who looks young himself) should not have shouldered the responsibility of having to watch him if he needed this much supervision.

MOO

Why would he have been in an altercation trying to gain access to the school the day prior? He obviously didn't have weapons then or people probably would have been killed then?? Was he trying to get to a child? To kidnap? What in the would was he doing?

That is one of the questions I hope is answered. What on earth could he have against someone at the school bad enough to do that? What could have set him off so bad?

Why would he have been in an altercation trying to gain access to the school the day prior? He obviously didn't have weapons then or people probably would have been killed then?? Was he trying to get to a child? To kidnap? What in the would was he doing?

A "dry run" so to speak? Gauging what would be necessary to gain access to the classrooms?

Great find! That would make the other classroom this one. And, she was has been teaching for 23 years. Wonder if AL had her as a teacher while he was there?

Below is the link to the last newsletter the teacher sent out. It makes me feel like vomiting to read this... Gingerbread houses and a class memory book. :(

From the newsletter : Ingredients for our gingerbread houses have started to come in. Thank you! Don’t forget – everything is due this coming Monday, Dec. 10th. This will allow enough time for me to make individual kits for the children. Construction is set for Friday morning December 14th at 9:45 in our classroom and should last for about an hour and a half.

BBM. So the children were gathered in anticipation of building their gingerbread houses and then this happened instead.

I speak as a former first grade teacher and this is just heartbreaking.

CNN is now saying that LE cannot confirm that this actually happened.

I still think it's significant that the shooter had his brother's ID on his person at the time of the shooting. Regardless of his motives for initially acquiring it, I believe that having his brother's ID found on his body was part of the plan.

The shooter's father and brother were both successful in their careers and had little contact with him in recent years. Perhaps his dad had been distant for longer than that. The shooter, on the other hand, had at one time been pulled out of school by his mother and didn't graduate. Maybe he blamed his mother and the school system for his lack of success as an adult and isolation from the men in his family.

Obviously, there's no rational way to make sense of this, but a picture is emerging of a family that is not particularly close. It doesn't seem that the shooter or his mother had much of a support system within their family.

This whole thing makes me sick, my heart is broken!
I do not believe mental illness caused this, he is pure evil....he was raised to know right and wrong, again another white male we do not hear this with blacks or hispanic!
I have a mentally ill daughter, and a husband and grandson with a TBI, with guns in all our homes that would never kill children, our daughter is a danger to us, but now one else!
Per cap there are thousands of mentally ill in this country that have never killed anyone!
By the way a glock is a simi-automatic gun, it only take me a second to put a nother magazine in holding 19 bullets! I have 8 mgazine's....the damage would be the same!

:( thats so sad the class memory book. AL could have had her for a teacher, It seems like he targeted Victoria Soto's room, in a way but I think he was there to do harm to anyone who was near.

There was a Lanza family friend on CNN just now. He said that Nancy told Adam's brother and others who might be watching him to never leave him alone in a room, not even to go to the bathroom.

If Adam needed that much supervision, it seems to me that she really should have kept those firearms somewhere locked up where he couldn't get to them, like in a gun safe.

Don't know if this can get any worse!

Hartford Courant ‏@hartfordcourant
President Obama to appear at interfaith vigil Sunday at 7 p.m. in Newtown, White House announces #newtown #ctshooting #sandyhook

I'm curious about this, too. I know people with locked gun "cases" where you can't see what's in them. But, I know a lot of people who, like NL according to reports so far, are collectors and keep guns in a locked case that has a glass pane on it, for display.

Growing up, my siblings and I pretty much knew where keys to anything were - even the things I'm sure my parents didn't want us to know. We were just normal kids who liked to snoop around sometimes (early sleuthers...ha).

How do you completely secure a gun safe? What's the most common method?

Is it possible AL's mother was killed the day before the school shooting? It would seem if he needed so much supervision he would not have been able to leave the home to go to the school the day before the massacre. Wonder what transportation AL used to get to the schoool the day before (the day of the altercation).

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/339135
So, according to the above link it does IMO tell about as much info as we are going to get at this point in time WRT the altercation the day prior that involved the shooter..

They are still uncovering what the nature and context was of the altercation, but it does say that it was an altercation that did occur at the school and was between the shooter and 4 staff members of Sandy Hook Elementary..3 of those 4 staff members were murdered in the shooting with the only reason for the 4th staff member to survive was due to the fact THAT SHE WAS NOT AT THE SCHOOL YESTERDAY WHEN THE SHOOTING TOOK PLACE.

It goes on to say that they are thoroughly interviewing this surviving member of faculty so as to put together a clearer picture of possibly what was the entire motivating factor for his choosing to return to the school and retaliate by murdering those individuals along with 2 dozen other innocent people(mostly children)..

Also at this link you will find a little more information on the guns.. its now been established that the mother was in fact an avid gun collector who regularly enjoyed target shooting with her kids(will address this further on down in the post)..

The article has quotes from a local landscaper that Nancy Lanza used and had actually used within just days prior to the shooting in having this landscaper assist with her outdoor Christmas decor and lighting. He goes on to say that Nancy actually had spoken about her love of many different types of guns of which she collected.. including specifically telling the landscaper of a particular "very nice high-end rifle she had purchased".

So, for me I now see that this mother was actually an avid gun collector who in and of itself I do not find unusual, nor do I have any issue with. ...but what I do take extreme issue with is the obvious fact that her adult son with whom she shared her home with was severely mentally unstable...and the fact that according to this article we have people who know her who say that she even spoke of her love of the guns ALONG WITH HER LOVE OF GOING AND SHOOTING THE GUNS WITH HER KIDS!..one of those kids being, AL, who by all accounts thus far was undoubtedly known to have several, severe issues WRT mental illness and instability.. mom's open speaking of enjoying taking this son shooting at the range with her IMO greatly lends credence to some of the early on speculation of mom being in denial when it came to her youngest sons mental stability and the obvious issues that he had long since struggled with and was known by any/all who knew him or the family... Mom's words and actions speak volumes IMO and are basically screaming "I AM IN FULL DENIAL" about my youngest son's severe issues..jmo, tho..

But at that same time while those words and actions IMO speak so very crystal clear that mom was in some degree of denial in her openly, and without hesitation not only keeping weapons that are 100% deadly and IMO most would understand that these type weapons should not be even accessible by those suffering from such severe mental disturbances...BUT MORE SO IN HER ENJOYING ACTUALLY TAKING THE MENTALLY UNSTABLE SON SHOOTING THESE EXYTREMELY DANGEROUS WEAPONS..<---That screams denial IMO...but just the exact opposite we also have other documented proof that Nancy had openly stated to people she knew, that the reason she had left behind her career..her employment..was to focus 100% on her youngest son's needs who she said she felt needed to have her full attention, full time.<---This IMO quite obviously indicating her absolute awareness of her son's instability and great need for help/assistance..

So, I'm really left even more dumbstruck than if there were just only indicators of denial..at least that would be consistent and tho, extremely sad and unfortunate nonetheless it would somewhat better explain why she kept such an artillery/ammo in the home with her unstable son...but to know that there was awareness and even IMO drastic behaviors indicating she knew the voracity of the issues WRT her youngest son's mental illness(her quitting work all together for the sole purpose of giving her son her full attention, full time)...well..

I don't know I just very much come away very confused with what this mother's mindset was..:waitasec:

Does anyone have a different take on this issue that possibly sheds better light or possibly better makes sense of such contradictions within this mom's words and behaviors??

TIA for any who have a bit of a different view or opinion on this particular aspect.

Thank you, JodyMT, for your post of a Lanza Family friend's statement.

If the statement is accurate, Nancy's instructions to "never leave Adam alone", suggests that she did, indeed, feel that Adam would harm himself. Some may want to differentiate "harm" from violent behavior; feeling that the words 'violent behavior' is too strong. Violent behavior can be directed inward or outward. Roll the dice. Important that we learn from this situation.

Watching the vigil! I'm not sure I can keep it up!
ALL the sobbing in the background... my &#9829; is breaking!

In regards to whether there was an altercation the prev day with AL

CNN says

http://blog.ctnews.com/newtownshooting/2012/12/15/report/

NBC News is reporting that Adam Lanza, the alleged Newtown school shooter, had an “altercation” at Sandy Hook Elementary on Thursday, the day before the shooting.

Law enforcement sources told NBC News that Lanza, 20, had the “altercation” with four staff members. Details of the altercation were not known.

Sources told NBC News that three of the four staff members involved in the altercation were killed Friday. The fourth staff member involved in the incident Thursday was not at the school that day, and is being interviewed by state and federal investigators, according to the report by NBC News’ Pete Williams.

NBC says;

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...an-forced-his-way-into-school-police-say?lite

The motive for the mass killing was unknown, but officials told NBC's Pete Williams that they were investigating a report that someone had an "altercation" with four staff members at the school on Thursday – three of whom were killed the next day.

:waitasec: So I don't think there is a clear answer. They're saying there was an altercation the day before per officials but they do not specifically say it was AL involved in the altercation. :waitasec: Do they have other people coming to the school having altercations???

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THE W**BAPTISTS ONE MOMENT OF AIR TIME ON THIS THREAD.

Thanks.

if you post about them before you see this post- please go back and remove your post. thank you.

bumpity bump

this happened in my state i live in the central part of the state this was in the western part i used to live 2 towns over from where this happened but moved away when i was only 6. the whole state is in shock numbness, sadness, this person took innocent lives children who will never feel real emotion, middle and high school prom first car first date going off to college maybe to be just a office person or someone who wants to be the next super scientist. they will never get the chance to fall in love and get married have children of there own. parents and siblings Christmas will not be the same for them. we saw the presidential planes fly over my house this afternoon.

what is this world coming to i don't have kids but a few of my cousins have kids and one of them is in kindergarten. parents are thinking hey off to school see u in the afternoon not a phone call a few hours later saying get down to the school something bad has happened.

my heart is breaking for the families for the people who lived in newtown <3 RIP to all the angels who went to heaven yesterday way to soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid