Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not being disclosed to the public how many people were at the party so gossip is rampant why the town has decided that "everyone has it" so no point in contact tracking from the party because the only purpose would be to vilify the party host and his or her guests who have remained quiet.

This is contrary to the first steps taken by any epidemiologist: trace contact of ground zero patient.

That ground zero patient from Johannesburg had a conscience. Due to inaction in Westport, IMO, Mr. Ground Zero reported his positive test to the Sunday Times, a large newspaper in Johannesburg, of his attendance at a private party in Westport, CT on March 5. The number of partygoers, including children, is estimated to be between 40 (initial report) and 2 to 300 at a private residence in Westport, CT. Thank you, Mr. Ground Zero. Westport is now coming clean, finally.

The Manhattan lawyer and his family from New Rochelle is a hero as well for letting the press know where his children went to school. Immediately.

Cheryl Chutter, Stamford, CT, attended the party in Westport. She went to Time magazine to report and was photographed on the cover in quarantine. She is a hero too.

Behind the Covers of TIME's Special Coronavirus Issue

Joburg businessman who tested positive for coronavirus speaks out

WESTPORT, CT — Hundreds of Westporters were likely infected with the new coronavirus (COVID-19) in early March before local health officials learned that there was a potential outbreak of the virus in town, according to Westport Weston Health District Director Mark Cooper.

Health officials first learned on March 11 of the potential that 40 people from a March 5 private party in town may have exposed to the virus, but soon discovered that significantly more people were at the event and potentially exposed.

"As the situation unfolded, it quickly became clear that there were more than only 40 people involved," Cooper wrote on the health district's website. "The initial round of testing on March 12th did not capture everyone on the initial list of people, so, in an effort to get ahead of the virus, WWHD scheduled a second round of testing. This round was completed on March 18, 2020. Those tested will be contacted by WWHD clinical staff once results are back from the lab."

As of Thursday, 42 people in Westport have tested positive for COVID-19, according to First Selectman Jim Marpe, and he expects the number to rise. It more than doubled from March 16 to March 19.

Added Cooper, "Potential exposures were many hundreds before it was even reported to the WWHD. Although our efforts could not contain the virus, the information obtained (20 initial positive test results from March 12th testing) was important because it demonstrated that the virus was, in fact, in our community."

Because more testing is still needed, local officials have arranged for additional community testing exclusively for residents of Westport and Weston.

Murphy Medical Associates, a private company, will offer drive-thru test collection on the following dates/times:

Tuesday, March 24, 2000
8:30AM – 12:00PM
Bedford Middle School
88 North Ave.
Westport, CT

Tuesday March 31, 2020
8:30AM to 12:00PM
Bedford Middle School
88 North Ave.
Westport, CT

Tuesday, April 7, 2020
8:30AM – 12:00PM
Bedford Middle School
88 North Ave.
Westport, CT

"These will be in car testing," officials said. "Everyone must stay in their cars. Pre-registration is required. Visit www.coronatestct.com or call 203-658-6051 to learn more and begin the screening process."

Additionally, there are also other testing opportunities around the state, some of which are listed below.

"People can learn more about the screening process, and if appropriate, testing will be arranged."

• Yale New Haven Health system COVID-19 Call Center 1-833-275-9644
• Hartford Health Care hotline 1-833-621-0600
• Stamford Health COVID hotline 1-203-276-4111
• Connecticut Children's Hospital 1-833-226-2362
• DOCS Urgent Care Connecticut Telemedicine Services | DOCS Medical Group

Coronavirus Westport: 'Many Hundreds' Exposed To Virus

The United States and South Korea each reported their first confirmed case of the coronavirus to the World Health Organization on Jan. 20.

Two months later, the U.S. has nearly 9,000 more confirmed cases than South Korea, according to Johns Hopkins University. And while cases in South Korea are on the decline, the number of cases in the U.S. is growing at a faster rate than any other country in the world as of March 19, according to Hopkins’ research.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/coronavirus/article241386441.html#storylink=cpy

LOOKS LIKE SWORDS STILL AFLYING....

The Republican plan for a one-time check of $1200 won’t cut it.
We're proposing at least $4600 for each family, along with critical support programs like paid sick time, expanded unemployment insurance, and rental assistance.
We cannot leave anyone behind in this crisis.

Ed Markey on Twitter

#SouthKorea reporting 147 new #Covid19 cases/ 8 new deaths today. (CFR drifting up to 1.2%) Testing only 10K/day lately: unsure if this is due to fatigue, access, other factors. While they remain a model for the world, also a reminder that this is a marathon, not a sprint. (((Howard Forman))) on Twitter
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_104644.jpg
    IMG_20200321_104644.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
Why post it then lol? Much Twitter discourse being presented here and much of it can be considered 'political'. Just sayin'......
I’m impressed the gov’t is supposedly able to get the stimulus rolling as fast as we are led to believe. I would think there’s a lot of internal stuff to work out. A big share did not suffer financial loss & won’t, as far as monthly income. SSA will continue to pay normal amounts, I assume private retirement funds will do the same. Moo

Knowledge is power.....dont count on any money in the near future is what I read here....
Lol, jumping around reading many dif’ sites, I reached a conclusion a lot of people are cool with this pandemic, as long as they’ll get money, and a respite from work. Go figure. I never realized how many hate their work. Sad.

Translated by google translate

Africa

Contrary to an idea spread by European TV platform experts, the # covid19 infections did not arrive on the continent by arrivals from China (no case recorded).
They come from European countries, France in the lead.

via @OMS_Afrique #nCoVAfrica CoViD19-ΛFЯICΛ on Twitter

CoViD19-ΛFЯICΛ on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_105259.png
    IMG_20200321_105259.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 9
I have seen countless comments by people on numerous social media platforms saying that we need more ventilators, more ICU beds, more ECMO machines and that our government is failing us by not getting this done immediately. What people don't understand is the level of skill and experience required to properly run and monitor these machines. It's not something you learn in a week, or even a month. They are only useful if there is staff that has the knowledge and experience to handle these machines. You can make 1,000,000 new ventilators and ECMOs but if you don't have enough staff to properly care for patients attached to them, they are useless. And we don't have the staff, especially if health care professionals start to get sick themselves.

Therefore, the focus should be on trying not to be exposed to the virus if at all possible in the first place.

Not to down play the ventilator shortage...

Ventilators are compressors, that deliver a preset "volume" of air, at a "rate" (# of times delivered)

Today's hospitals "vents" are very sophisticated, lots of extra bells and whistles. But any ventilator can help keep a person breathing.

I just googled used ventilaotrs for sale and found hundreds, right here in the US and many in CA.
Yes, they may not be the latest in the market but all were within 5 years.

There are thousands of long term ventilator patients at home, today. Many are active, strap the vent on the wheelchair, and are active in their home or community.

We have home care companies with lots of older home vents sitting on shelves, These are usually brokers off to a third party and shipped over seas.

We have wonderful success with CPAP and BIPAP machines, which can be used in the early stages of ventilation. There are thousands of these on shelves waiting for new patients to have sleep studies.

I come from"old school" and dealing with national disasters. Its amazing what we CAN use, when push comes to shove.

Lets tapped in our older Respiratory Therapist for creative ideas. These folks remember when all we had were the basics.

Moo....

SEOUL

A scene from a Saturday in Seoul. Many queued at this pharmacy to get masks - there are no restrictions on who can purchase them on weekends.
I passed by this pharmacy again about 30 minutes later (following a trip to the vet for my canine master) and there still was a line. Vincent Lee on Twitter
Vincent Lee on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_105709.jpg
    IMG_20200321_105709.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 12
Just got a call from our very, very busy vet's office reminding me of a previously scheduled annual appointment for one of our puppers. We are to park, call, and a tech will come out to the car and take the pup. They asked if I wanted to refill everything, just in case, and I asked them to. I have one pup with no problems, one with just skin problems who could go without meds but he'd look funny and be cold, and one who would literally die without meds 4 times a day, who was a puppy mill puppy with an inoperable liver shunt and one working but damaged lung. I'm so grateful they are still working, but they told me they don't know how long it will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..