Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those infection rates include individuals who take part in protests (post George Floyd) across the country?

I assume so, although the OP's article does not mention protests. It would be interesting to know the relative contribution of the protests versus people just socializing without taking any precautions in bars, parties, on the beaches, etc. I guess there would be some overlap between those groups.

Awesome. I'll have to check one out. I removed towels from the guest bathroom and have a roll of paper towel on the counter. Great idea.
Yikes...as careful as I've been, I never thought to do this. I think I'm probably just being stingy with our paper towels. Also, it's not like we have any guests.

When DH was sick, and even now and even before, we use different bathrooms. I have preferred that for quite a few years.

Sure wish we had a crystal ball. Where will we all be say even just a year from now.

Same place as today, probably, only with more of us having had CoVid and since Websleuths is not exactly centered around the 18-25 demographic, some of us will have gotten quite ill. Some of us are already ill, so I don't see how that's going to change. The non mask-wearers are the ones who are likely to get it, of course.

But there are essential workers here, too. And there will be stressors galore as everyone goes back to work in this environment.

Unless something dramatic changes, we will have at least as many deaths daily as we're having right now.

By this time next year, I do think several vaccines will be in play, but there will not be one generally-agreed upon method of vaccination yet. Many will resist the vaccine until others have had it.

Of course, the business and public landscapes will both be dramatically reshaped. Will Vegas still be a relative ghost town, compared to what it was?

I wanted to tell you, @Bravo that I love your posts, I feel as if I know you. Somehow, you're a beacon of support and common sense in all of this, and it makes my day to see you here.

I just hope we will all still be alive and healthy enough to come here and carry on discussing COVID!

I hope so too. And I hope everyone's loved ones are alive and well, too. Preferably not having had CoVId at all.

I am steeled, now, for the inevitable "first case" among my local family. My dear cousin is already quite ill in Colorado (works in a higher risk job). We think he's going to make it (no underlying conditions except age - he's 69, almost 70).

I doubt we will ever know that IMO. I think it's a combination of things, protests, rally's, younger folk mingling, folks gathering and no distancing, no masks, opening up to soon etc. etc.

Bravo, your answer was better than mine... it's also people going back to work, etc. Lots of things contributing.

I don't have a link but CBS evening news just said that Disney is reversing their decision to open??? I HOPE that's true. Has anyone else heard this?
haven't heard that locally here in Orlando.
Universal opened partially a week ago and is now laying off hundreds of workers due to poor attendance.

I really don't care what WHO's advice is. US is supposed to be
Thanks for posting WHO mask guidance @tresir2012. In the U.S. our CDC mask guidance is that everyone wear a mask in public:

However, the CDC still recommends that everyone in public should wear a mask. The U.S. agency said that scientific evidence suggests that masks help curb the spread from people who are asymptomatic.

World Health Organization, CDC disagree on mask use in public
Everyone in public in the US ?

(The link is not Europe friendly.)

Last edited:
haven't heard that locally here in Orlando.
Universal opened partially a week ago and is now laying off hundreds of workers due to poor attendance.
I think it might just be in California . Sigh.

My anxiety is going through the roof again. Come on people. Please use your brains and stay home. And if you absolutely can't. Wear a mask. Social distance. I'm begging you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia