Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #12 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy both of your posts but I hope we don't veer too far into entertainment. It's really horrific and heartbreaking, I know we all agree, it just becomes a little distasteful to me when it starts to feel like fodder. I do appreciate the sarcasm and great way with words, I just feel this tragedy of human beings not Lifetime movie caricatures. Nothing fun about it.
I just reported my earlier post and asked that it be deleted as I am unable to do so personally and based on your feedback. Thanks again and I apologize for my insensitivity and thank you for your accurate, relevant, and constructive feedback @AbbyG !

Just watched, and thank you for posting. So I see his hair is growing back in. This is one hollow bunny. I wonder how many times that interview was rehearsed to get that flat response? I do not see the charm at all. Learned one new thing. There was blood on the garage door. Creepy dude.
Love "one hollow bunny". What a great description, spaz!

Fotis is a Rorschach Test? Ummmm, his inkblots look a helluva lot like JD's blood to me, and probably to almost everyone else. There is nothing that will soften his image for me, nor hopefully, for any potential jurors.

Yes, strange analogy from Pattis.

No he didn’t say he didn’t do it. Which again is bizarre. If you go on air the last thing you want to do is pull a Scott Peterson interview. You need to say unequivocally that you didn’t kill JD. The fact that he was so weird about it should be a warning signal. He said wishes her no ill will. It leaves it open for s self defense case or anyone else did it but me case.

It's easy to say you wish your wife no ill will when you know she's dead.

We have to keep noting what FD is able to say with a straight face and what he is unable to say - "I did not kill my wife."

It's easy to say you wish your wife no ill will when you know she's dead.

We have to keep noting what FD is able to say with a straight face and what he is unable to say - "I did not kill my wife."

Yes, in the video I posted up thread the criminal analyst or attorney said sometimes it's not what you say but what you don't say.

Jennifer Dulos case: Lawyer says Fotis is a ‘Rorschach Test’
He asked the public to be patient with the pace of the investigation, which has involved dozens of investigators from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.

“This is probably one of the most impactful and dynamic investigations the state of Connecticut has ever “seen,” Krolikowski said. "I think everyone is frankly used to investigations on TV. Within 30 to 60 minutes you have a conclusion. This is just such a complex investigation, there’s so many things to do and pieces to put together that it just takes time.”

“Everybody wakes up thinking about the case and goes to bed thinking about the case,” the chief said.

If it’s a closed system still, though, residues or traces of at least something else having been in the drum with the acid/lye would, I feel sure, be able to be identified using something like gas chromatography, for example, to show that the substance remaining was not just acid or lye. I have no idea how long it would take those materials to burn through the drum. I doubt he used a haz-mat level drum. I just don’t know but I put my faith in forensics.

I started wondered and did some fast Google research—not in-depth, scholarly literature review but something. I hope someone here will vouch for me if ever my search history is reviewed by some shocked person! Let me also say that I was shocked by what is out there, never having searched for this topic before now. My gosh.

This link is to an abstract from peer-reviewed scientific research. I can get to the entire article through an association I have with a library but can’t attach their pdf or paste the text here, of course. Since the abstract gives the bottom line and is to the article as written by a knowledgeable scientific researcher and then peer-reviewed, I feel good about it as a source.

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Abstract
“Dissolving bodies is a current method of disposing of human remains and has been practiced throughout the years. During the last decade in the Netherlands, two cases have emerged in which human remains were treated with acid. In the first case, the remains of a cremated body were treated with hydrofluoric acid. In the second case, two complete bodies were dissolved in a mixture of hydrochloric and sulfuric acid. In both cases, a great variety of evidence was collected at the scene of crime, part of which was embedded in resin, polished, and investigated using SEM/EDX. Apart from macroscopic findings like residual bone and artificial teeth, in both cases, distinct microscopic residues of bone were found as follows: (partly) digested bone, thin‐walled structures, and recrystallized calcium phosphate. Although some may believe it is possible to dissolve a body in acid completely, at least some of these microscopic residues will always be found.”

Journal of Forensic Sciences
Volume 60, Issue 3
Case Report
Microscopic Residues of Bone from Dissolving Human Remains in Acids
Erwin Vermeij M.S.

Peter Zoon Ph.D.
Mayonne van Wijk M.S.

Reza Gerretsen M.D.
First published: 10 February 2015
https://doi.org/10.1111/1556-4029.12700

Presented at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, February 17‐22, 2014, in Seattle, WA.

I found this other link if you want detailed info and more:

What Happens When a Dead Body Is Dissolved in Lye?

If he dumped 30 bags, it tells me his wife could be in pieces as awful as that is so why search bodies of water? His sister who lives in "Greece" says he is not capable of this. Like she knows living in a different country! How I wish Jennifer knew how dangerous he was and would have hired even one bodyguard. So friggin sad killing the mother of your 5 children.

I started wondered and did some fast Google research—not in-depth, scholarly literature review but something. I hope someone here will vouch for me if ever my search history is reviewed by some shocked person! Let me also say that I was shocked by what is out there, never having searched for this topic before now. My gosh.

This link is to an abstract from peer-reviewed scientific research. I can get to the entire article through an association I have with a library but can’t attach their pdf or paste the text here, of course. Since the abstract gives the bottom line and is to the article as written by a knowledgeable scientific researcher and then peer-reviewed, I feel good about it as a source.

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Abstract
“Dissolving bodies is a current method of disposing of human remains and has been practiced throughout the years. During the last decade in the Netherlands, two cases have emerged in which human remains were treated with acid. In the first case, the remains of a cremated body were treated with hydrofluoric acid. In the second case, two complete bodies were dissolved in a mixture of hydrochloric and sulfuric acid. In both cases, a great variety of evidence was collected at the scene of crime, part of which was embedded in resin, polished, and investigated using SEM/EDX. Apart from macroscopic findings like residual bone and artificial teeth, in both cases, distinct microscopic residues of bone were found as follows: (partly) digested bone, thin‐walled structures, and recrystallized calcium phosphate. Although some may believe it is possible to dissolve a body in acid completely, at least some of these microscopic residues will always be found.”

Journal of Forensic Sciences
Volume 60, Issue 3
Case Report
Microscopic Residues of Bone from Dissolving Human Remains in Acids
Erwin Vermeij M.S.

Peter Zoon Ph.D.
Mayonne van Wijk M.S.

Reza Gerretsen M.D.
First published: 10 February 2015
https://doi.org/10.1111/1556-4029.12700

Presented at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, February 17‐22, 2014, in Seattle, WA.

I found this other link if you want detailed info and more:

What Happens When a Dead Body Is Dissolved in Lye?

It won’t let me post the link to the first article due to cookies; I’m not sure why. Using the Digital Object Identifier (doi), any library would be able to pull it for you if you want it. Sorry.

If he dumped 30 bags, it tells me his wife could be in pieces as awful as that is so why search bodies of water? His sister who lives in "Greece" says he is not capable of this. Like she knows living in a different country! How I wish Jennifer knew how dangerous he was and would have hired even one bodyguard. So friggin sad killing the mother of your 5 children.

Why search bodies of water? Because as you said, his wife COULD BE in pieces. She also could NOT be in pieces. Clearly, she has not been found yet, so why would you exclude large areas of searches based solely on what COULD be? Also, she could be in pieces and still be in water. I want JD to be found, and hope, and believe, that LE will leave no stone unturned in their efforts to that end. JMO

Yes I've been preaching this and what's scarey is in some cases all
DNA is totally gone so even if they find a body there is no way to track it's identity. Wouldn't this be sad?

The scientific article seems to refute that as a certainty plus drums can be traced. They have markings, etc. Ultimately: I’m hoping.

Why search bodies of water? Because as you said, his wife COULD BE in pieces. She also could NOT be in pieces. Clearly, she has not been found yet, so why would you exclude large areas of searches based solely on what COULD be? Also, she could be in pieces and still be in water. I want JD to be found, and hope, and believe, that LE will leave no stone unturned in their efforts to that end. JMO
Yes, you are right I totally agree. I pray they find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member