Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to hide behind his 5th amendment right against self-incrimination, which is his right. That right only applies in criminal cases, though, so what should happen when he invoked it in the custody case? The courts have developed the common law doctrine of "adverse inferences", which allowed Judge Heller to conclude FD isn't talking because what he has to say would be very, bad for him. In other words, since FD is refusing to testify, that refusal can be considered against him in the custody case.

Thank you so much, Oceancalling! (And what a nice user name!) I appreciate you taking your time to reply to help me understand the implications! I’m now a very big fan of that common-law doctrine of adverse influences! Thanks again!

I was worried about GF's legal standing considering the protections for parents. The judge seems to side-step that issue by ruling on the custody portion of the motion and not the "visitation" part of the motion. I'll be interested in your impressions.

She didn't side step the issue. She found standing based on the third party request to intervene and for custody, based on the code. She found GF has standing.

She didn't side step the issue. She found standing based on the third party request to intervene and for custody, based on the code. She found GF has standing.
Thanks Gitana….The rest of your explanations have helped me to understand the ruling. I, as many others, really appreciate you taking the time and the extra effort to keep our discussions on track.

Thank you so much for explaining so well and so patiently. I wish we could put some of these responses in the Media Thread.

P.S. And when he was "screwing himself" he was being represented by NP. Wonder how that will influence their relationship....:rolleyes:

Well it's not really good ol' NP's fault. I mean let's be real. He killed his wife to get custody, etc. He thought he would get away with it. Instead, he got caught with his pants down and blood on his hands.

Now he has no choice but to take the fifth in the civil family law case so he won't harm his eventual murder defense. But it means that all of this was essentially for nothing.

He's lost his kids and this ruling makes it easier for the to be permanent.

Now we must hope that GF stays super healthy. I'm very worried long term for these babies. I hope her sister? can step in and help in some way so that if something happens to grandma she can take over.

This EDITED pretty much left his kids orphans.

Huge sigh of relief! So happy to see the children in the good hands of GF and Family!

Kudos to rockstar @kimch33kim super sleuther for beating the press/media on the documents!

Thank you to @gitana1 for having the patience of a saint with those of us non-believers like me and explaining the Family Court parallel universe!

Not surprised to see zero FD financial contribution to the health and financial wellbeing of his children and I'm glad this fact was placed into the Judge Heller ruling as confirmation that he was truly a 'deadbeat dad'.

Amen, for now!

Isn't that amazing? He wasn't even supporting his kids.

So impressed with WS...nothing gets by WS! Not just spelling mistakes, which can change the meaning of a sentence, but words, the way the sentences is constructed and even evidence WS discovers! If only WSpeople could be the prosecution....a win every time.

I do not want to see him released in any way, keep the monitor on him. As soon as he can he will be gone to Greece...without the children.
And keep it on his leg. Poor thing it hurts.

Well it's not really good ol' NP's fault. I mean let's be real. He killed his wife to get custody, etc. He thought he would get away with it. Instead, he got caught with his pants down and blood on his hands.

Now he has no choice but to take the fifth in the civil family law case so he won't harm his eventual murder defense. But it means that all of this was essentially for nothing.

He's lost his kids and this ruling makes it easier for the to be permanent.

Now we must hope that GF stays super healthy. I'm very worried long term for these babies. I hope her sister? can step in and help in some way so that if something happens to grandma she can take over.

This EDITED pretty much left his kids orphans.
Thank you gitana! We have t heard anything from JD sister. I sure hope she steps in too. Those poor children.

He wanted to hide behind his 5th amendment right against self-incrimination, which is his right. That right only applies in criminal cases, though, so what should happen when he invoked it in the custody case? The courts have developed the common law doctrine of "adverse inferences", which allowed Judge Heller to conclude FD isn't talking because what he has to say would be very, bad for him. In other words, since FD is refusing to testify, that refusal can be considered against him in the custody case.
Similar to the Michelle Young case. Husband Jason had not been charged with her murder (yet) when Michelle’s mom and sister civilly sued Jason Young for wrongful death. He declined to even show up, so mom and sister got full custody of the 2 year old, and Jason Young was declared the “slayer”. IMHO, GF should civilly sue FD for wrongful death...SOON.

Similar to the Michelle Young case. Husband Jason had not been charged with her murder (yet) when Michelle’s mom and sister civilly sued Jason Young for wrongful death. He declined to even show up, so mom and sister got full custody of the 2 year old, and Jason Young was declared the “slayer”. IMHO, GF should civilly sue FD for wrongful death...SOON.

SO glad you posted this. I remembered the details but could not remember which case it was.

You have got to be kidding me with this!
Are we actually supposed to feel sorry for this guy? I am guessing he wants it moved to his wrist so he can waterski with it! IMO

Jennifer Dulos case: Fotis wants to move GPS monitor to his wrist

"...Fotis Dulos is asking a judge to approve moving the GPS bracelet monitoring his location from his ankle to his arm.

In a motion filed Wednesday, his lawyers said the bracelet “is causing the flesh on the defendant’s ankles to be irritated and torn.”..."
That’s the first thing I thought too. He wants to jog, waterski, etc. He should do NOTHING! Let his skin rot.

Thank @kimch33kim -- she's the rockstar that posted it!

I just finished reading it and I'm wondering how the hell FD is supporting himself?????????
He is living in a home that GF is paying mortgage on. What a creep. He needs to get out and be on the street- preferable Albany ave. The gall to stay there and still want to waterski. Unbelievable

Isn't that amazing? He wasn't even supporting his kids.
Yes am reading the documents again and will post more later but there is a financial aspect to this entire case that remains unresolved IMO.

If you notice in one of the footnotes that FD claimed he had a death in the family when financial matters were to be discussed (going from memory on this point but will get back tomorrow with correct quote).

Time and time again we have seen FD dodging and weaving whenever financial matters hit the court agenda.

Why?

Its not as if FD hasn't sold real estate over the past 3 years IMO. But he is sitting on a sizable inventory of unsold houses that have a high cost of carry IMO. Where is the cash FD?

I now am seriously thinking that the purpose of MT was to support FD and cover expenses of 4JX, gas in the trucks and keep food on the table. If true this would be stunning as well.

The financial support and commitment to JD through this divorce has been tremendous (paying for school, 1/2 GAL fees, and even continuing to pay to keep 4Jx out of foreclosure for a period of time etc.).

FD didn't seem to pay a penny to support his children. Someday his children will read about this sad case online and realize their father wasn't who they thought him to be but rather someone consumed with hate and huge anger that was fixated on petty and irrational revenge.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member