Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will FD celebrate his birthday tomorrow?
I'm hoping with a lovely cake like they make out of fish and other icky stuff for animals at the zoo on their birthdays! And they could sing the version of the birthday song that ends with "and you smell like one too!" If you could give FD a gift for his birthday what would it be?

DBM

Last edited:
I also wanted to add this about the dumpster diver (DD), source, knife and pillow.
Following is a quote from a different news article that quotes the Courant. I think this is a good example why I don’t trust reports that cite vague unsubstantiated sources and contradicts itself within a few paragraphs. From ‘I wanted a hit so bad’: Knife possibly linked to missing mom Jennifer Dulos traded for crack

This article says:

“The Hartford Courant reports that the unnamed man said he found a knife under a bloody pillowcase and pillow in May, which he later traded for crack cocaine.”

(If this was the only article I read, I would think pillow AND pillowcase. )

The article also states:
“According to unnamed sources, investigators found the items after tracing Dulos ‘phone and tracing his girlfriend Michelle Troconis’ phone, which not only led them to Albany Avenue, but to numerous other places with garbage bins, where Dulos and Troconis allegedly dropped trash off at.

Another “ unnamed source” with information! Information not in the warrant. Or anywhere else.

The article goes on. I didn’t read the whole thing. Poor reporting, or are other stories worse? Don’t know, but Im taking it with a grain of salt, until it is verifiable or from LE . Call me a skeptic...

I'm hoping with a lovely cake like they make out of fish and other icky stuff for animals at the zoo on their birthdays! And they could sing the version of the birthday song that ends with "and you smell like one too!" If you could give FD a gift for his birthday what would it be?
Another glove, bless his heart. (Because I don't think we can say "a swift kick in the *** " on WS.)

I think (MOO)
1. There may have never been a knife.
I have clearly been bothered by this story since it came out. As I stated before, the article contradicts itself within paragraph about the timing of the LE searches in reference with interviewing the dumpster diver( DD )The source, who supposedly knew( or viewed himself) the CCTV showed DD removing items from the can, didn’t support said knowledge with any other detail about tape. And the unbagged description of pillow and knife made little sense.
2. If there was a knife, what evidence links it to FD?
Did CCTV show FD as last person at the can before DD?
I still believe this story has no evidentiary value unless LE has the knife; if they do, then they must link it to FD or JD
Unless:
1. The homeless man can describe the knife for an artist or choose it from a photo layout and there is video of him pulling it out of the can.
(If there are other can-searchers they'll be shown too.)
2. The knife drawing/photo is shown to the housekeeper and/or the children and they recognize it from their kitchen or garage.
Then I think we've got ourselves a little circumstantial tidbit! Call me an optimist! MOO

Last edited:
A Hartford man may have found a knife linked to the disappearance of New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos in the trash — and then traded it away

Trigger Alert:

In reading this article the other day I have to admit being curious about the story surrounding the knife allegedly found in a trash can near the Jamaican Bakery on Albany Avenue. What kind of knife was found and where was it found? The descriptive words in the article didn't immediately seem understandable although fishing knife seemed easy to understand but the game referred to in the article of "four fingers" meant nothing.

Knife found near the Jamaican Bakery where the plates were dumped by FD and nearer to Garden Avenue:

Google Maps

I couldn't find reference to a game called "four fingers" but I did find one for "five fingers" as a drinking game. After watching the video I think I simply prefer to pay for a shot at a bar vs play this game!

Quotes from article:

"He then picked up the knife, which he described as being about the size of a fishing knife or a knife that might be used to play a game called “four fingers.” [BBM] He said he couldn’t remember if there was any blood on it. The man said he put the pillow back into the trash can, but took the knife".

“I put the knife in my pocket for some reason. I was thinking stupid. I was on that crack. I wanted a hit so bad I went looking for somebody to sell me some crack,” the man said.

"He ended up on Homestead Avenue and says he made a deal with a guy he called Fudge".

“Fudge gave me a $5 piece of crack, and then I gave him the knife, and that’s the last I saw of it,” he said.

"A few days later, the man said he was walking out of Community Court on Washington Street in Hartford when state police detectives approached him and took him to Troop H to give a statement. He said when state police detectives interviewed him, they grilled him about the identity of the man to whom he’d sold the knife".

The game:
Are You Gutsy Enough To Try This HORRIFYING Bar Game For A Free Shot?

Trigger Alert:

Urban Dictionary: Stabhand

Possible Knives:
Bass Pro Shops® XPS Professional-Grade Fillet Kit : Cabela's

Wüsthof Classic Fish Fillet Knife

Was the knife something that was simply grabbed during an altercation in the kitchen or was it a preplanned aspect of a plan to kill JD? I still wonder if the blood splatter noted in the arrest warrant would best be considered from blunt force trauma rather than knife wounds? IDK. But it seems like the entire clean up aspect of the 'brutal attack' in the JD garage was filled with miscalculations and frankly errors such as being caught on cameras on Albany Ave. Could the attack have started in the garage and moved to the kitchen and that is where the knife was grabbed? Or did the attacker come to the JD residence with a knife prepared to kill JD?

Still trying to puzzle this all out....curious what others think...

MOO
Looking at these (and other) pictures of “fishing knives” it strikes me that these would not be the knife of choice for a stabbing. Not that they couldn’t do damage in such a situation of course. If the knife does exist and/or is described or identified as such type, even if not admitted as evidence, I think that this would give LE a strong suggestion of something more nefarious than simply a stabbing. Likewise this doesn’t look like a knife JD might casually have laying around the kitchen or in a countertop knife block that a perpetrator might pick up during a moment of heated rage, etc. Unless the average person does a lot more filleting of fish than I do.
The interviewee also said he put the knife in his pocket, which might imply it was a folding knife? These don’t look like knives you casually stick in your pocket. Hopefully the pocketing of the knife is on CCTV.
Entirely MOO here and just my gut feeling, but if you have the stomach to take a look at these knives, see if you get the same feeling.

The back story was that Pattis filed a motion to get back FD/FORE vehicles. Having seen what the State does to check vehicles and do the forensic work we went down the very slippery slope of thinking what might have been done to the vehicles and what conditon they might be returned to 4Jx for use by FD.

My best guess (having seen a number of these stripped cars) was that the shell of the car would be intact but there would be nothing inside. No seats, no carpeting, no electronics, no ceiling cover etc.

The image was this shell of a Suburban towed by the State and returned to FD. The shell might be drivable but w/o anything inside there would be no place to sit. So, the suggestion was to place a milk crate or corn crate or someone brilliantly suggested a 5 gallon painter plastic bucket to the floor so that the vehicle could be driven/used.

Hope that helps. It was a slow news day.... :D

Thanks! I wasn’t sure what part would make the attorney/defendant mad! I think it was a slow brain day for me! :)

Crazy stuff!
I will see if I can find some further literature on this, but in the case of the person I knew, it was the same type of situation (person suffered a fatal accident / attack at the house, later died at the hospital). It was the fatal aspect occurring on the property (accident / attack) that was reportable on the deed. MOO

I remember she went to the hospital and was there for a bit. If such a disclosure were required any time someone got hurt on a property and later died at the hospital, that seems like it would include a lot of older people who fall and have to go to the hospital and sometimes sadly don’t get better. I have no idea! The things I learn here! :)

4JC offered as a sex pad
Crowbars and gas cans
AND: FD was trying to get KM and his wife/STBX to go on a vacation to....Greece!

Court filing: Fotis Dulos offered house as sex pad to help mend lawyer’s marriage
We have clearly not been reading the right papers on this case - simply no words for some of these quotes:

Quotes from article:

"Fotis Dulos offered a room in his Farmington home where his civil lawsuit attorney and his estranged wife could be “intimate” in an effort to mend their failing marriage, according to court documents detailing his involvement in their divorce".

"In the days leading up to his own wife’s disappearance, Fotis Dulos tried to help his friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, save his marriage, but instead got him arrested". [BBM]

"Fotis Dulos is now dodging a subpoena to be deposed in the divorce case, according to a state marshal who said in a court filing that he tried several times to serve the 51-year-old at his Farmington home".

"The woman will instead testify Tuesday in Hartford Family Court about the past few months of her divorce, including her dealings with Fotis Dulos, according to her attorney, Zenas Zelotes".

"Mawhinney’s wife accused him of forcing her to have sex in exchange for living at their home rent free, according to the woman’s affidavit asking the court to issue a restraining order and require Mawhinney to remove his name as the beneficiary of her $750,000 life insurance policy". [Clarification of the insurance policy question BBM]

"A few months later, the woman called police about a man who showed up at her home with a crow bar and a gas can, court documents state. The woman believed the man was hired by her husband to harm her, according to court documents".

"The man was connected to Mawhinney, who told police he asked him about six months earlier to fix the garage door, court documents state. No arrests were made". [What is going on in Hartford - This sounded crazy scary? BBM]

"However, the woman did not report Fotis Dulos trying to intervene in her divorce until June 26 when she saw her estranged husband taking pictures outside her South Windsor home, according to the court filing. [What is this all about--looks like another violation-Hello Hartford Police? BBM]

Fotis Dulos: “I am going through a divorce myself and I know what it’s like and he wishes that someday that I would call Jennifer to do the same thing what he did for us and also told me that he would like to be friends with Jennifer someday,” the woman said in the affidavit.

Fotis Dulos insisted that she and Mawhinney go to Greece [whoever said Greece the other day KUDOS! Really wonder if this woman would have made it back alive!?! BBM ] to rekindle their romance, the affidavit said. Fotis Dulos also offered to write up an agreement that Mawhinney would sign to show good faith that he would treat her with respect, according to the affidavit.

“He suggested that Kent and I can be in one of the rooms and can be intimate,” she said in the affidavit.

"The woman brought a friend to the bar and Fotis Dulos asked thm to come back to his house, according to the affidavit. Fotis Dulos abruptly left after they declined to go to his house and the woman said she would only meet with Mawhinney if her attorney was present, according to the affidavit".

"Fotis Dulos contacted the woman again the next day to report that Mawhinney agreed to pay $1,800 for health insurance for her and her children from a previous marriage, the court documents said. The couple does not have children together".

"Fotis Dulos called the woman again the following day to tell her Mawhinney was threatening to have her charged with fraud over a $300 Macy’s bill, court documents state". [We went from reconciliation to charging her for fraud for $300 spending at Macy's in a nanosecond].

“The chain of events described above are not a coincidence,” her attorney said in his motion seeking a civil restraining order. “A reasonable person would be reasonably afraid for his or her physical safety.”

"The woman will instead testify Tuesday in Hartford Family Court about the past few months of her divorce, including her dealings with Fotis Dulos, according to her attorney, Zenas Zelotes".

We have clearly not been reading the right papers on this case - simply no words for some of these quotes:

Quotes from article:

"Fotis Dulos offered a room in his Farmington home where his civil lawsuit attorney and his estranged wife could be “intimate” in an effort to mend their failing marriage, according to court documents detailing his involvement in their divorce".

"In the days leading up to his own wife’s disappearance, Fotis Dulos tried to help his friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, save his marriage, but instead got him arrested". [BBM]

"Fotis Dulos is now dodging a subpoena to be deposed in the divorce case, according to a state marshal who said in a court filing that he tried several times to serve the 51-year-old at his Farmington home".

"Mawhinney’s wife accused him of forcing her to have sex in exchange for living at their home rent free, according to the woman’s affidavit asking the court to issue a restraining order and require Mawhinney to remove his name as the beneficiary of her $750,000 life insurance policy". [Clarification of the insurance policy question BBM]

"A few months later, the woman called police about a man who showed up at her home with a crow bar and a gas can, court documents state. The woman believed the man was hired by her husband to harm her, according to court documents".

"The man was connected to Mawhinney, who told police he asked him about six months earlier to fix the garage door, court documents state. No arrests were made". [What is going on in Hartford? BBM]

"However, the woman did not report Fotis Dulos trying to intervene in her divorce until June 26 when she saw her estranged husband taking pictures outside her South Windsor home, according to the court filing. [What is this all about--looks like another violation-Hello Hartford Police? BBM]

Fotis Dulos: “I am going through a divorce myself and I know what it’s like and he wishes that someday that I would call Jennifer to do the same thing what he did for us and also told me that he would like to be friends with Jennifer someday,” the woman said in the affidavit.

Fotis Dulos insisted that she and Mawhinney go to Greece [whoever said Greece the other day KUDOS! Really wonder if this woman would have made it back alive!?! BBM ]to rekindle their romance, the affidavit said. Fotis Dulos also offered to write up an agreement that Mawhinney would sign to show good faith that he would treat her with respect, according to the affidavit.

“He suggested that Kent and I can be in one of the rooms and can be intimate,” she said in the affidavit.

"The woman brought a friend to the bar and Fotis Dulos asked thm to come back to his house, according to the affidavit. Fotis Dulos abruptly left after they declined to go to his house and the woman said she would only meet with Mawhinney if her attorney was present, according to the affidavit".

"Fotis Dulos contacted the woman again the next day to report that Mawhinney agreed to pay $1,800 for health insurance for her and her children from a previous marriage, the court documents said. The couple does not have children together".

"Fotis Dulos called the woman again the following day to tell her Mawhinney was threatening to have her charged with fraud over a $300 Macy’s bill, court documents state".

“The chain of events described above are not a coincidence,” her attorney said in his motion seeking a civil restraining order. “A reasonable person would be reasonably afraid for his or her physical safety.”

Fotis Dulos is now dodging a subpoena to be deposed in the divorce case, according to a state marshal who said in a court filing that he tried several times to serve the 51-year-old at his Farmington home.

The woman will instead testify Tuesday in Hartford Family Court about the past few months of her divorce, including her dealings with Fotis Dulos, according to her attorney, Zenas Zelotes.

So, KM has connections to someone who will show up with a crowbar and a gas can. Might he have passed those connections on to FD? Who is this “garage door repairman”? Aren’t garage doors central to the JD case? Hope LE is looking into this person.

I live in the Midwest (on a farm) and our septic tank has about a 5-6 inch clay pipe that goes from the top of the ground down in to the septic tank - the hole is basically just big enough to put the pump hose down it to pump it out.

Just thought I'd share since there seems to be many different varieties/types of septic tanks/system.

Oh, yes, many different types! Farmers built my house who knows when but it was here when they started keeping records in 1900. Apparently it was usual then to create a septic system diverting it via a 55-gallon drum and then under the neighboring fields so no one out here in these old farmhouses knows where the septic systems are and no one wants to find out. Never dull! :)

Crazy stuff!

This is beyond insane! It's so evident those two men were trying to push the wife over the edge.

She's lucky not to be most sincerely dead!

The sentence about the garage repair grabbed me: "The man was connected to Mawhinney, who told police he asked him about six months earlier to fix the garage door, court documents state."

We have often wondered here whether someone tampered with Jennifer's garage door so FD could lie in wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678