Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AHA. A light bulb moment.
Presume FD left phone for two hours to make it look like he was there the entire time.
BUT
He would not have been answering the phone. Incoming would show 30 seconds incoming. Direct to voice mail. Phone records would show all unanswered, 30 secs incoming. then if any voice mail, extra secs.
Does FD usually answer his phone while with him? Or is his general MO to let all calls go to vm. Then return calls at his leisure.
Could be important. Really
Important.
Good post, but even if his phone was at home (and he wasn't at home), MT could've been answering it at home for him and could've been using his phone to make calls out too - all to make it appear as if HE was at home using his phone. JMO/just a thought

From what we know from her blogs he managed to get her to believe in their relationship for a period of time. But this is always/usually the way the DV cycle starts. Honeymoon period. It can last a good long time, or not.

IMO it was manipulation pure and simple and he must have been good at it because she was no fool.

But from what we have read that once the couple moved to Farmington and FORE became part of the picture it seemed things changed. 5 children happened also and that consumed JD IMO. FD is like the 6th child IMO and when he wasn't the focus of everything then things shifted.

From her blogs it sounds also like managing FD was a full time occupation and JD simply at a certain point ran out of time and lost interest.

But if you believe in the 'Cycle of Violence' seen in DV then at a certain point FD had gotten everything he wanted from JD but he was never going to be satisfied with that and he wanted more IMO. He wanted his 10 days a month of skiing, travel with his friends, Greece, cars and clothes. He sounded like a person that was simply consumed with the acquisition of more! FD also seemed to continue to pick at JD self confidence and from the accounts of people that saw how FD treated JD (architect interviewed that chose to not do business with FD) they were puzzled and somehow disturbed. My sense is that FD wanted an entourage or a slave and that perhaps MT was perfect for this role as she fed his ego and did exactly as instructed.

Watching DV in action over time is hard to take. I can imagine friends and family that cared about JD had a rough ride as the marriage fell apart. I am glad that JD managed to escape the tyranny of 4Jx and FD and had 2 years with her children in NC. But sadly it sounds like she never achieved peace and instead always lived in a state of high anxiety. The accounts of JD from Family Court are haunting and I hope they are played out loud and clear in criminal court so the broader public can see precisely what kind of person FD is!

MOO
It's good to remember that lots of these narcissists actually feel small and empty deep inside and need all those around to work at filling them up.

Imagine how small FD felt when he compared his actual successes (which eliminates the dollars from Jennifer's father) to those of the wealthy men purchasing FORE houses and other mansions in the area.

His lack of personal success had to come up often in conversation when his father-in-law was still living and with his mother in law and her accountants in more recent years.

It helps emphasize that the rage wasn't about being free of his marriage as many have said here, though he would certainly have wanted to stop seeing his failure through Jennifer's eyes.

MT would still be all about his potential especially considering making a living as a grifter reads as success to her.

Everything had to be about the money and the fact that FD didn't control it, making him shrink to a sliver of his former big, bad faux rich self.

MOO

Agree on how sad. Unfortunately I suspect her blogs related to the co-parenting on tough nights may have been written wearing rose colored glasses. As someone who survived a bad marriage/divorce and continues to do 98% of the parenting, I still end up getting excited and optimistic when he steps up even 1% more than I was expecting and am sure I falsely over-credited him for his occasional support back in the days I still assumed everything was okay. My rational brain has known better all along but I've found that a mother's natural parenting instincts can confuse some of us.
So so true. Spot on. And she was a kind, generous, caretaking kind of lovely person.

So true - I had to exit biology during the fetal pig dissection - which is why I don’t understand how someone makes the decision to dismember - your insight is very helpful thank you

I’m not going to go over the puppy with rabies thing again during my veterinary-technician years for the sake of us all but from that incident and it was only one item, I can promise you that it’s a lot harder to do physically than you’d think (try not to) and it’s far beyond that in surreal horror. I’d done that work for years and was unbothered by surgeries, animal injuries, etc. by then (not at first—I’d feel faint) but this was entirely different. The vet was bothered, too. A friend of mine owns a butcher shop and I’m like HOW but I think it’s acclimation.

One new thought: When I was at the vet’s (same one) the other day, he was in surgery and told his receptionist to tell me to come on back. It’s been years since I worked there and yet it still didn’t bother me at all to stand there in the midst of the surgery, blood and organs and all. I could have assisted if he’d needed it—like it all came back to me. So I wonder if FD was ever exposed to the tanning work as it was down in Greece and he is “unbothered” by such things still although this is entirely different. Hmmm. MOO.

You know what is really sad to me?
It didn't appear to start out that way for her.
When we see the few pics of the early days they seemed happy together.
In her blog she posted about how the children were sick and they both worked together all night.
Rocking, soothing, cleaning up and doing laundry.
What made it all go wrong and when did he start bearing down on her?
I know in hindsight we can all discuss about his desire to tap into her wealth and status.
I would like to think she had some happiness in those early days, though.
MOO.

This too has bothered me. They DID look happy; his entire demeanor was softer and more relaxed and she looked so very happy, too. They looked happy with each other. How did it come to this? I don’t know but I don’t think she changed in terms of personality. It makes me very sad. I have wondered about the timing of the Greek economic meltdown and if he then began to focus on doing whatever it took to help his relatives there. I DO think she was happy at first. I don’t know if I agree with Tennyson’s "'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” concept. If it cheers you at all, I think (just guessing) she probably had moments of great joy after leaving FD and when she and the kids were just hanging out at home without him there to add stress. MOO.

I have tended to be of this view also, simply because of the things we know: he used the red Tacoma to transport Jennifer's body away from her assault (murder?), the knife, the very bloody pillow, 80MS, the possible drain evidence, no body and, the biggie for me, Jennifer's shirt and bra found in those cans. Why remove that clothing? If he was going to conceal Jennifer's body, why remove those articles of clothing? There would be no need.

Some here have thought Dulos did so preclude identification, but removing her clothes would not change anything. It was not easy to remove the clothes from her post-mortem. In fact, it is hard as he** to do so. Was there any sign of that shirt being cut? He had a reason to take off that shirt. Why go to all that trouble just to create more evidence he would then have to discard? I see no indication this was a sexually motivated act.

For this reason, I have believed Dulos altered Jennifer's body in some way so it would be easier to get rid of her. With these searches, and that noise, the theory of drum disposal comes in play, but there in no way IMO he returned with her body to Sturbridge. In fact, if he did, where are the videos of him returning to New Canaan? I am inclined to believe her returned to that house on the 25th as some sort of clean-up.

There is still a lot of unaccounted time, as others have posted here. In addition to the time gaps on the 24th, the entire morning of the 25th post-Sturbridge and pre-police station are in play. LE is surely filling in the blanks here, trying to account for every moment/activity over an extended period of time. IMO, FD was under some type surveillance (or at least his house) at some point pre-arrest. When?

I strongly believe that hiding/destroying Jennifer's body was something FD had thought long and hard about. This was NOT a spontaneous discard; it was well-thought out. If he was disposing of all that evidence in all those bags, planning that it would be all destroyed, why do something different with her body? Did he think everything would be incinerated at the dump? It would seem to be a reasonable conclusion.

Part of the answer will come from the drain evidence, or lack thereof. Those drains are going to tell us if Jennifer's body was in any showers/tubs or if there was any attempted clean up at any of those homes. We would at least know whether Jennifer's body was at 80MS. Those drains could support or eliminate a dismemberment theory. If that theory is now eliminated, did he dispose of Jennifer separately from the garbage dump? If so, those woods begin to look more promising. How long had he lived in the house? He had years to familiarize himself with every nook and cranny. LE also was interested in a public building on the property.

It seems clear Dulos, at minimum, traveled through those words to escape neighboring cameras at some point. Those are deep, deep woods, far more heavily worded than I would have imagined. It is not an easy search terrain. It is a sustained area of interest for LE, having been searched at least 3 times. What else besides Jennifer's body could LE believe it could find in those woods? Since LE has such an interest in those woods, I am beginning to think LE believes it will find her there. MT was in the backyard with LE on one occasion. and yesterday's search was extensive and required significant manpower. That isn't done on a whim.

It seems LE has found, or at least accounted for, substantially all or most of the evidence relating to her Jennifer's murder, except Jennifer. Hesitantly, I conclude LE thinks they will find her there.

Is there some reason I've missed that no one thinks that FD could have used chemicals to decompose her body? He just doesn't seem like he would want to be covered in blood if he could help it. I think there may have been injury as a part of the attack for which FD hadn't planned. Perhaps he grabbed her and she fell on the concrete floor in the garage. Head wounds always seem to bleed profusely.

This is way outside of any my knowledge, but both acid and lye could be used and the remains placed in an abandoned well on one of his properties.

I'm just exploring ideas...From the Slate article: By adding water to lye and heating the lye to 300 degrees, the body could dissolve in 3 hours. If the lye isn't heated that high it might take a few hours longer....
Acid seems to take longer, but if water is added to acid, all body tissue and muscle would dissolve in 12 hours. Bones take longer. (My search history is going to be interesting after this is over....)

What Happens When a Dead Body Is Dissolved in Lye?
How Hard Is it to Dissolve a Body?
How long does it take to dissolve a human body?

Dismembered.
This too has bothered me. They DID look happy; his entire demeanor was softer and more relaxed and she looked so very happy, too. They looked happy with each other. How did it come to this? I don’t know but I don’t think she changed in terms of personality. It makes me very sad. I have wondered about the timing of the Greek economic meltdown and if he then began to focus on doing whatever it took to help his relatives there. I DO think she was happy at first. I don’t know if I agree with Tennyson’s "'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” concept. If it cheers you at all, I think (just guessing) she probably had moments of great joy after leaving FD and when she and the kids were just hanging out at home without him there to add stress. MOO.
I'm sure JD was extremely happy with FD at some point in their relationship. He is/was, dare I say, an attractive man and I can only imagine the BS within he engulfed JD. How does it come to this? " Hi mom and dad, FD needs another 2 million to secure his new developments." He is so loving at first and makes it a win-win situation, but then enter 5 kids, not 1 or 2 kids, not 3 kids, but 5. I was 1 of 5 and it was utter chaos. NO ONE ever knows what goes on in a relationship behind closed doors! LOOKS are what the problem is in society. Too many people have these perfect lives on social media and it's all a crock of shi_t.

Thats a very interesting story actually.

FD called up his former divorce atty (I have been trying to figure out why this guy left the Family Court Case or was excused or what the issue was but haven't figured it out) to represent him in Stamford. This former atty was the person that tried to get GF to pay his legal fees (believe to the tune of $50,000). Not sure how this was resolved.

He was also the atty that was recently seen again in 2018 Family Court testimony as compiling financial statements for FD in Family Court that can only be called 'flimsy' at best as they were based on scraps of paper that FD gave him and these were submitted to Family Court as FD's financial disclosure documents. I believe that JD atty made a motion to terminate this atty from the case in great part due to the financial schenanigans that seemed to be going on. GF Civil atty recently brought some of the FD testimony in Family Court into the Civil Case so if you want to read this testimony then just head over to the Civil Court documents. Reading this testimony from FD was shocking but even more shocking is that he had the atty right by his side aiding his efforts. This was the person FD called when he was in trouble and this is who was with him in NC on the 25th.

The odd part about the arrest warrant was that it references the atty outside chatting away on his cell phone. This has never made sense to me as if you are representing a client why would you leave them alone with mutiple LE to then go outside and chat? I also wondered who he might have been chatting with and was it perhaps related to the case? We also don't know if FD and MT travelled together to NC to visit NCPD as MT is not mentioned. FD and MT seem to travel together like Frick and Frack so I'm curious if she went as well.

MOO
I love that we have Afitzy as our resident Historian on this thread.

You name it. She knows it!

Just a few minor thoughts...first is that LE seems to think he put the body in the front passenger seat of the Tacoma. It might not have been completely intact but perhaps not entirely dismembered then, either. I think it was wrapped up in something because the alternative is ludicrous but, yes, something leaked. If he used a tarp or rug (hmmm: MT), it was another point for not being smart in MOO because neither of those items—especially a tarp—is designed to hold in fluids. Tarps are intended to keep fluids out but not to absorb, and rugs may absorb unless they’ve been treated with stain repellant but then fluids can flow or drip off—or the rug touches another substance like a car seat and some of the fluid comes off on the car seat. In my years as a veterinary assistant and with many pets over the years, I learned that moving a (sadly) deceased animal such as to bury or have cremated is best done by first wrapping it in something absorbent like a blanket and then putting that into double trash bags. I wouldn’t put a pet in just a trash bag anyway but it’s a bad idea because trash bags tear and things can leak if blood or other substances were released such as from an accident. Even contractor bags can be torn. He could have used Tyvek like they use to wrap houses or to wear on hazardous or dusty sites. FD didn’t know her disappearance would be noticed so quickly so he thought at first he had more time.

At the same time, by leaving her car at the park, he wanted it to seem like someone else had abducted her. In that case, it would seem more logical that her body could be discarded (horrible) fairly close by like in woods or wherever people commonly dump bodies there. I have no stats on this but it seems like when people abduct and kill a stranger, they just try to dump or bury the whole body in a remote place ASAP. I say that because the longer you keep it around (gross), the more likely it is that you’ll be caught with it. If the aim is to avoid connection with the body, dismembering it takes some time and it also increases the amount of surfaces where evidence might be found. (Awful.) You know how they tell you not to wash chicken before cooking it because doing so can splatter salmonella or other chicken grossness all over? Kind of like that. (Yuck.) Thus, dismembering is not a good idea regardless but this is FD, arrogant and ignorant in MOO.

I also have thought that he might have had a prepared grave ready for some time. The thing with that, though, is that no matter how long the hole has been there, when you put something in it, you will have leftover and clearly disturbed soil and the soil will look disturbed especially from a distance like with aerial photographs. Environmental firms use historical and current aerials to try to determine areas of disturbed soil, burn piles, etc. that might indicate underground storage tanks or disposal of possibly hazardous materials. You can try to tamp it down but loose soil is attractive to animals and if you tamp it down too hard, there’ll be a depression when the soil settles and some is lost to runoff. I rather think that FD wouldn’t care if her body were found as long as it was thought that someone else did it like a person at the park with no cameras. So I feel like dumping her body would have been a choice of his except that it all became discovered more quickly than he thought.

It would have been much more risky to bury or dump her body on his property than elsewhere because if it were found, that’s a link to him, not a random stranger at the park. But then again, he never thought he’d get caught.

If he had decided on dismembering and/or just placing a drum in the lake, he would have needed to do that somewhere like at his house. The drums they use on construction sites like to contain soil cuttings from when exploratory borings are advanced for geotechnical foundation or environmental site-assessment testing purposes are sturdier and designed with locking lids you secure and hammer on/lock because the soils could contain oil or hazardous materials. You don’t usually do a geotechnical foundation study for a regular house because the live loads aren’t that heavy and the houses don’t cost that much but for an expensive house and property like those, banks would want that done here at least. But maybe not for FD’s way of financing.

Anyway, putting a person who weighed 88 pounds or even 120 in one wouldn’t be that hard in MOO. I imagine it would be prudent to add something in the drum to fill it and weight it down further or make it easier to roll but those drums are made to withstand corrosion and they’re heavy themselves. I can’t see them floating. People dump drums of hazardous waste even like waste oil in some places because it’s cheaper than paying for proper disposal especially if it’s a highly toxic hazardous waste. Getting one in a truck isn’t that hard, either. FD must have a Bobcat but even if not, he has ramps or boards or even a lift gate on his truck. People roll the drums or “dance” them over to the vehicle and roll them up a ramp or winch them, etc. FD would have the equipment. Farmers, mechanics, etc. do it all the time with waste oil, etc.

You DO have a lot of water sources there and he was familiar with them. Maybe that’s not what he did but I don’t see those drums corroding anytime soon and he’d be dumb to put holes in the drum since DNA-containing pieces could leak out. Starting a hole would accelerate the breakdown of the drum. What I wonder about that possibility, though, is once you get to the water, you either have to dump the drum near the edge or move it to a boat and then go out to the middle of the water with it. Moving a drum into and out of a boat would be a giant pain in my view because you’d need to lift it out and up. So, in that case, I’d vote for off the bed of a truck into the water, so it’d be near the edge, or a place where you could back up onto a pier, etc. It’d still be close to where people might be. Discovery would be much likely if it’s a body of water where people can swim or boat. Some reservoirs and lakes here don’t allow either but do all of yours? I’d look at one that doesn’t if there is one. Or, yes, a retention pond like the one where the guy saw a car via Google Earth and the car and man had been in there 22 years. Retention ponds like for dewatering aren’t for swimming and often are secluded or protected by cranky geese so they would be a possibility.

Why the bloody items weren’t left with the body makes me think the body was dumped hurriedly. Also, people who abduct and dump a person don’t often have a lot of used cleaning supplies with them because maybe those could contain DNA and that just seems like something random abductors wouldn’t do but a person obsessed with order like FD might. Or not. I have no idea, clearly.

I don’t know if he did any of this. I just thought I’d share some possible scenarios that might fit or be discounted by those you all have.

I’m terrible at estimating time and visualizing distances and directions so I can’t even try to help there at all.

MOO.
This is so well thought-out, Hope, and I remain in the "metal container camp".

A bridge seems like the logical place to drop her into deep water but I'm guessing those aren't an option there or someone would have mentioned them.

If someone saw a can/drum dropped from EE's truck it would all be good for FD, right? (Seeing as how Pattis says he wasn't in it. Never mind those inconvenient videos!)

Just a tiny thing about the tarps. When I thought about the dismemberment happening in one of the bathrooms, I pictured preplanned coverage of painters' drop cloths, the kind with absorbent paper on one side and plastic on the other. (We always use those and they're way better than straight plastic because of absorbing spills, of course.)

I look forward to the future when all of us are thinking about beautiful fall days and cool breezes rather than driving ourselves crazy over this case! (But then the Frazee trial will begin and we'll revisit this angst!)

Last edited:
@MemPat you are ON FIRE/EN FUEGO + 10 other languages TONIGHT!

Love the quote: "Its like a death in the family but the corpse keeps showing up at the door"!

Its so true. FD just kept showing up at the door of JD! Sadly he was never going to go away and simply let her be. But like others said here, I'm not sure he ever loved her but he was certainly going to go to his grave tormenting her and he made sure that there was no security and no peace of mind ever. If this doesn't define 'monster' I'm not sure what does!

Some days I wonder after reading more of the family court documents whether the Dulos divorce would have ever made it to trial? To me some days it seems like they were 2 years into the process but could have gone on for another 3 or 4 years and been in the same place they were in 2019. Its profoundly sad that the system in Family Court couldn't have worked better as FD manipulated the system to a degree that probably wouldn't cause most family court attys to bat and eye but which I found shocking!

What is so hard to watch happen in some of these relationship is that not always is the situation static. These narcopaths are tricky and manipulative and so they play their games and there are ups and downs in the relationship and its a true roller coaster ride that is hard for many to get off!!

JD at a certain point decided that she was done and she carefully planned her exit. But every time we have heard that FD 911 call it always gets me that there is no affect. Its like he is checking a box on a script of things he has to do. How would most people be acting if their partner and 5 children were missing and couldn't be reached?

MOO
A friend's divorce from one of these crazies took 8 years!

He had a business and tons of money but didn't want to share it so he drug it out.

He was catting around town sleeping with anyone who would drop her drawers while his real desire was to punish his wife by being awarded custody of her two children.

Sweet justice got him because he drug it out so long the children became teens who had some say in whether they wanted to spend time with him during the 30% custody he won.

Their choice so far has been no contact but he parks his car at their school and watches them leave every day.
Creepy.

I could see FD doing exactly that back in the day without court action.

Last edited:
@MemPat you are ON FIRE/EN FUEGO + 10 other languages TONIGHT!

Love the quote: "Its like a death in the family but the corpse keeps showing up at the door"!

Its so true. FD just kept showing up at the door of JD! Sadly he was never going to go away and simply let her be. But like others said here, I'm not sure he ever loved her but he was certainly going to go to his grave tormenting her and he made sure that there was no security and no peace of mind ever. If this doesn't define 'monster' I'm not sure what does!

Some days I wonder after reading more of the family court documents whether the Dulos divorce would have ever made it to trial? To me some days it seems like they were 2 years into the process but could have gone on for another 3 or 4 years and been in the same place they were in 2019. Its profoundly sad that the system in Family Court couldn't have worked better as FD manipulated the system to a degree that probably wouldn't cause most family court attys to bat and eye but which I found shocking!

What is so hard to watch happen in some of these relationship is that not always is the situation static. These narcopaths are tricky and manipulative and so they play their games and there are ups and downs in the relationship and its a true roller coaster ride that is hard for many to get off!!

JD at a certain point decided that she was done and she carefully planned her exit. But every time we have heard that FD 911 call it always gets me that there is no affect. Its like he is checking a box on a script of things he has to do. How would most people be acting if their partner and 5 children were missing and couldn't be reached?

MOO

I wish a Statement Analyst would listen to the 911 and give a report. So much can be learned from the order of the words. Add the flat affect and this will be another piece of circumstantial evidence against FD.

His lack of concern since then will also surely drag him down.

oceancalling said:
First, let me say this. I do not believe Dulos ever loved Jennifer. At least not in the way we think of love. He is a malignant narcissist; he loves only himself. Every person in his orbit has one function, and that is to make him happy. Children are not independent beings, they are extensions of him, a reflection of his glory. Hence, the obsessive waterskiing.

When they are wronged, or even perceived they are, they are very nasty creatures. They begin to exhibit what is called narcissistic rage, which can be a low sustained boil or an explosive act of violence or both. They lack sympathy and empathy for other people. In fact, their victims are not even viewed by them as human. Everyone is expendable and no one dare challenge them.

Not all narcissists are malignant narcissists. Lots of folks are just selfish jerks. MN are entirely different. In fact, they are a rare breed. Dulos checks off all the boxes. Someone here mentioned that attempted stare down of Coangelo by Dulos. That is a classic MN stuff. "I'll show you who's boss." I could go down the list from cars to houses to ski trips to even his monogrammed shirts and expensive lift boots, Dulos' image is the only thing that mattered to him.

He knew he was in deep trouble financially and that court battle was about to get nastier. He blamed it all on Jennifer, so he came up with a plan to kill her. He was going to show her who was in control. What angers me is how such a sweet person ever got mixed up with a guy like him. Sadly, the Dulos' of the world seem to have a knack for finding kind people.

Some people believe the use of the term MN is a way to avoid labeling a person as evil, but I don't agree. For me, it is a way to analyze and understand how a person like Dulos thinks, if for no other reason than to educate others about this personality type. Dulos is evil and he is a malignant narcissist.

my reply: This was tough for me to read since you pretty much just described the father of my children, but well said and cant say I disagree with a single word.

ncmom, I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you considered a session with a therapist who could help walk you through how much of your life you're willing to sacrifice? Sorry to get in your business but there's always a way to make your life better. You're in my prayers.

If she's like the mothers I've known who suffered with substandard husbands or downright stinkers, she would tell us she'd take all of it ten times over to have known and loved those children. And I imagine they have memories of her celebrating all their important moments. God bless her and them and her mother.

I went to the reservoirs about 6:10 PM EST to look around. There was an MDC officer stopping people at the entrance but he did let me go in after explaining they would be closing in just about an hour.

I told the officer I had never been there before and asked if I could drive around the various reservoirs. He said cars were only permitted in the designated parking area. Aside from that it was walking, running, and bicycling, except where it's marked not to, and he got a brochure with a map for me from his vehicle. I find the water tanks north of 4JC and just below Kilkenney Rock interesting as I think there would have to be roads to get to them.

As I headed toward the parking area the first thing I came to was something called the Demonstration Forest.

There were several cameras around the parking area and at the trail beginnings.

All of the trails I saw off of the parking area were big enough to accommodate vehicles and they all had barricades to keep this from happening. The second barricade photo is of the trail you would need to take to get to reservoir 3, the one closest to 4JC, notice how thick and absolute pitch black it is in those woods?

Now for what scared the you know what out of me...when I left the reservoir property I decided to drive to the next surface street to see if I could tell where the reservoir property ended. The first road I came to was Old Mountain Road and I turned right. I followed it past a small residential area known as Oakland Acres and then saw the fence at the edge of the MDC property. As I drove along looking at this fence, I saw an opening that wasn't locked and was just sitting wide open. This peaked my curiosity because I was about a 1/4mile from where you would turn onto Ely Road to go to 4JC and I thought of FD using something like this. I mean, if this one is just sitting there open like that, how many others along the rest of the property edge are too? I then said to myself "I should take a picture of that to post" and I looked in my rear view mirror to see if anyone was behind me. There wasn't so I quickly put it into reverse and started backing up. The next time I looked I saw there was now a vehicle on the road behind me but it was a good distance back and I couldn't make out what type of vehicle it was. So I hurried up, pulled off the road in front of the open gate as best I could, and put my emergency flashers on. It was at this moment in my peripheral vision that I saw a very nice, newer, polished black truck pulling up slowly next to my car. I freaked out thinking it was you know who or that he had recognized my car from my other excursions around his stomping grounds. Thankfully it wasn't FD and the very nice gentleman left after asking if I was okay and/or if I needed help but boy oh boy did it scare me good!

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_183116720.jpg
    IMG_20190913_183116720.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20190914_002802040.jpg
    IMG_20190914_002802040.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20190913_182841971.jpg
    IMG_20190913_182841971.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20190913_181753164.jpg
    IMG_20190913_181753164.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20190913_183026494.jpg
    IMG_20190913_183026494.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20190913_182209201.jpg
    IMG_20190913_182209201.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20190913_181908454.jpg
    IMG_20190913_181908454.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20190913_184844288.jpg
    IMG_20190913_184844288.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 158
I went to the reservoirs about 6:10 PM EST to look around. There was an MDC officer stopping people at the entrance but he did let me go in after explaining they would be closing in just about an hour.

I told the officer I had never been there before and asked if I could drive around the various reservoirs. He said cars were only permitted in the designated parking area. Aside from that it was walking, running, and bicycling, except where it's marked not to, and he got a brochure with a map for me from his vehicle. I find the water tanks north of 4JC and just below Kilkenney Rock interesting as I think there would have to be roads to get to them.

As I headed toward the parking area the first thing I came to was something called the Demonstration Forest.

There were several cameras around the parking area and at the trail beginnings.

All of the trails I saw off of the parking area were big enough to accommodate vehicles and they all had barricades to keep this from happening. The second barricade photo is of the trail you would need to take to get to reservoir 3, the one closest to 4JC, notice how thick and absolute pitch black it is in those woods?

Now for what scared the you know what out of me...when I left the reservoir property I decided to drive to the next surface street to see if I could tell where the reservoir property ended. The first road I came to was Old Mountain Road and I turned right. I followed it past a small residential area known as Oakland Acres and then saw the fence at the edge of the MDC property. As I drove along looking at this fence, I saw an opening that wasn't locked and was just sitting wide open. This peaked my curiosity because I was about a 1/4mile from where you would turn onto Ely Road to go to 4JC and I thought of FD using something like this. I mean, if this one is just sitting there open like that, how many others along the rest of the property edge are too? I then said to myself "I should take a picture of that to post" and I looked in my rear view mirror to see if anyone was behind me. There wasn't so I quickly put it into reverse and started backing up. The next time I looked I saw there was now a vehicle on the road behind me but it was a good distance back and I couldn't make out what type of vehicle it was. So I hurried up, pulled off the road in front of the open gate as best I could, and put my emergency flashers on. It was at this moment in my peripheral vision that I saw a very nice, newer, polished black truck pulling up slowly next to my car. I freaked out thinking it was you know who or that he had recognized my car from my other excursions around his stomping grounds. Thankfully it wasn't FD and the very nice gentleman left after asking if I was okay and/or if I needed help but boy oh boy did it scare me good!
Your excursions in Hartford may have made you too brave for your own good, TKF, but you go, girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67