Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the reservoirs about 6:10 PM EST to look around. There was an MDC officer stopping people at the entrance but he did let me go in after explaining they would be closing in just about an hour.

I told the officer I had never been there before and asked if I could drive around the various reservoirs. He said cars were only permitted in the designated parking area. Aside from that it was walking, running, and bicycling, except where it's marked not to, and he got a brochure with a map for me from his vehicle. I find the water tanks north of 4JC and just below Kilkenney Rock interesting as I think there would have to be roads to get to them.

As I headed toward the parking area the first thing I came to was something called the Demonstration Forest.

There were several cameras around the parking area and at the trail beginnings.

All of the trails I saw off of the parking area were big enough to accommodate vehicles and they all had barricades to keep this from happening. The second barricade photo is of the trail you would need to take to get to reservoir 3, the one closest to 4JC, notice how thick and absolute pitch black it is in those woods?

Now for what scared the you know what out of me...when I left the reservoir property I decided to drive to the next surface street to see if I could tell where the reservoir property ended. The first road I came to was Old Mountain Road and I turned right. I followed it past a small residential area known as Oakland Acres and then saw the fence at the edge of the MDC property. As I drove along looking at this fence, I saw an opening that wasn't locked and was just sitting wide open. This peaked my curiosity because I was about a 1/4mile from where you would turn onto Ely Road to go to 4JC and I thought of FD using something like this. I mean, if this one is just sitting there open like that, how many others along the rest of the property edge are too? I then said to myself "I should take a picture of that to post" and I looked in my rear view mirror to see if anyone was behind me. There wasn't so I quickly put it into reverse and started backing up. The next time I looked I saw there was now a vehicle on the road behind me but it was a good distance back and I couldn't make out what type of vehicle it was. So I hurried up, pulled off the road in front of the open gate as best I could, and put my emergency flashers on. It was at this moment in my peripheral vision that I saw a very nice, newer, polished black truck pulling up slowly next to my car. I freaked out thinking it was you know who or that he had recognized my car from my other excursions around his stomping grounds. Thankfully it wasn't FD and the very nice gentleman left after asking if I was okay and/or if I needed help but boy oh boy did it scare me good!
Thank you so much for the photos and telling us about your trip to the reservoir today!

Your comments about the black truck you saw in your rear view mirror coming up behind you and then stopping even scared the you know what outta me before you said it was not Fotis Dulos!!

It amazes me how brave you are!! Thanks again for going... but please be very careful! And yes, those woods are very dark. I imagined a lot happened in there!!

First, let me say this. I do not believe Dulos ever loved Jennifer. At least not in the way we think of love. He is a malignant narcissist; he loves only himself. Every person in his orbit has one function, and that is to make him happy. Children are not independent beings, they are extensions of him, a reflection of his glory. Hence, the obsessive waterskiing.

When they are wronged, or even perceived they are, they are very nasty creatures. They begin to exhibit what is called narcissistic rage, which can be a low sustained boil or an explosive act of violence or both. They lack sympathy and empathy for other people. In fact, their victims are not even viewed by them as human. Everyone is expendable and no one dare challenge them.

Not all narcissists are malignant narcissists. Lots of folks are just selfish jerks. MN are entirely different. In fact, they are a rare breed. Dulos checks off all the boxes. Someone here mentioned that attempted stare down of Coangelo by Dulos. That is a classic MN stuff. "I'll show you who's boss." I could go down the list from cars to houses to ski trips to even his monogrammed shirts and expensive lift boots, Dulos' image is the only thing that mattered to him.

He knew he was in deep trouble financially and that court battle was about to get nastier. He blamed it all on Jennifer, so he came up with a plan to kill her. He was going to show her who was in control. What angers me is how such a sweet person ever got mixed up with a guy like him. Sadly, the Dulos' of the world seem to have a knack for finding kind people.

Some people believe the use of the term MN is a way to avoid labeling a person as evil, but I don't agree. For me, it is a way to analyze and understand how a person like Dulos thinks, if for no other reason than to educate others about this personality type. Dulos is evil and he is a malignant narcissist.
Thank you, this well written overview of FD has always been my thoughts about him. This is the #1 reason why I believe he had involvement in hurting his mother.

The loved ones and support system around JD went into action quickly. Could one of her appointments have possibly been with a mental health professional (counselor) that she was seeing/would not miss an appointment with? Maybe this person was the sounding bell. When I miss an appt. it never goes anywhere besides MAYBE a call from the doctor, etc... Alarm bells are not sounded like in this case. JD forewarned people about him. Her mother KNEW to get armed guards IMMEDIATELY. JDmost likely told people the specific details of the “sick fantasy revenge” details that he described to her and she mentioned openly. That was a cry for help and to say, “this man is very dangerous”.

I went to the reservoirs about 6:10 PM EST to look around. There was an MDC officer stopping people at the entrance but he did let me go in after explaining they would be closing in just about an hour.

I told the officer I had never been there before and asked if I could drive around the various reservoirs. He said cars were only permitted in the designated parking area. Aside from that it was walking, running, and bicycling, except where it's marked not to, and he got a brochure with a map for me from his vehicle. I find the water tanks north of 4JC and just below Kilkenney Rock interesting as I think there would have to be roads to get to them.

As I headed toward the parking area the first thing I came to was something called the Demonstration Forest.

All of the trails I saw off of the parking area were big enough to accommodate vehicles and they all had barricades to keep this from happening. The second barricade photo is of the trail you would need to take to get to reservoir 3, the one closest to 4JC, notice how thick and absolute pitch black it is in those woods?

Now for what scared the you know what out of me...when I left the reservoir property I decided to drive to the next surface street to see if I could tell where the reservoir property ended. The first road I came to was Old Mountain Road and I turned right. I followed it past a small residential area known as Oakland Acres and then saw the fence at the edge of the MDC property. As I drove along looking at this fence, I saw an opening that wasn't locked and was just sitting wide open. This peaked my curiosity because I was about a 1/4mile from where you would turn onto Ely Road to go to 4JC and I thought of FD using something like this. I mean, if this one is just sitting there open like that, how many others along the rest of the property edge are too? I then said to myself "I should take a picture of that to post" and I looked in my rear view mirror to see if anyone was behind me. There wasn't so I quickly put it into reverse and started backing up. The next time I looked I saw there was now a vehicle on the road behind me but it was a good distance back and I couldn't make out what type of vehicle it was. So I hurried up, pulled off the road in front of the open gate as best I could, and put my emergency flashers on. It was at this moment in my peripheral vision that I saw a very nice, newer, polished black truck pulling up slowly next to my car. I freaked out thinking it was you know who or that he had recognized my car from my other excursions around his stomping grounds. Thankfully it wasn't FD and the very nice gentleman left after asking if I was okay and/or if I needed help but boy oh boy did it scare me good!

Thanks thekirbyfamily.:):):)
You have worked so hard throughout, and always make things clearer for us.

Good idea. The timeline is getting clearer in AW2 but still has some major gaps IMO.

Trigger warnings for content below as its gets gruesome! Sorry.

I still am stuck on whether if you were FD would you bring the body of JD onto one of your properties?

About FD we actually know very little other than that to assume revenge here as a motivation makes some sense, he loved the water and the guy loved horror violent gory blood and guts movies. He had lived at 4Jx with MT for quite awhile and the house was 50:50 owned with JD but financed by the Farbers and was the source of much anger and ongoing angst with the Farbers and FD IMO. Does 4Jx play into his revenge fantasy in some way? IDK.

Was NC part of the revenge fantasy or was NC irrelevant? Gray Hughes seemed to think that there was enough time in NC to dispose of the body. I'm not so sure about this and the population density there might have spooked FD and so he was just happy to flee north where he knew the terrain and the movements of people and felt safer. IDK.

What would his ultimate revenge fantasy be in this case? IDK

If you don't buy into the idea of revenge fantasy then why not try to figure out the easiest way to dispose of the body in/around Farmington w/o bringing the body onto any FORE property and use the time gaps in AR2 for ideas?

The time schedule in AW2 has a gap with no detail from the time FD gets on Rt84 until he is next seen I believe at 80MS. Where in this area might he have easily disposed of a body?

I totally get the time gaps as they make swiss cheese sized big holes IMO of the 2 arrest warrants.

But I wonder too if FD could have been someplace else other than 80 MS (even though his phone was reportedly there) and so is it not safe to assume in this case that FD was with his phone when we know that he intentionally left his phone at 4Jx on the am of the 24th? Could he have given his phone to MT and left her at 80MS cleaning up while he went someplace else? IDK.

Based on the fact that FD was seen with MT cleaning the Red Tacoma at 80 MS we know he was there for a good while doing the cleaning as it was seen by EE and discussed by MT. But the AW2 I believe also references the EE observation about MT and FD cleaning inside the house at 80 MS.

Did FD go right to 4Jx to pick up his phone and check his messages when he got back from NC and then went to 80MS and the story of lunch with MT was false (part of "Alibi Scripts")? IDK. It seems like he had to go back to 4Jx early in the process to pick up his phone. But, did he keep his phone on his person or did he give it to MT? Was this entire part of the crime done based on the notes on the "alibi script"? IDK.

Was the block of time where the FD phone was at 80 MS when he did something to the body or did FD dispose of the body someplace else and only returned to 80 MS at some point to clean himself up and organize the bags for the trip to Albany? Were FD and MT cleaning out a shower at 80MS, possibly with bleach? Or, were they cleaning up some other space. IDK.

IMO FD is a guy that seems upset about DNA being found at Welles (comment he allegedly made at Welles on the 22nd) and I'm having a hard time reconciling this level of craziness about DNA at Welles with using one of your properties to process a body. But as @MassGuy always reminds us, "criminals are stupid" or was it dumb? IDK but they aren't the shapest tools in the shed. The thing though here is that FD thought he was the smartest guy in the room and maybe in the classroom he might have been IDK. But, if you were the smartest guy in the room where would you put the body of JD? Or, is there even a body in the case as the smartest guy in the room says forget the body I am going to dissolve the body? IDK

So far he is a below avg criminal as we have seen with the Red Tacoma and his clean up efforts in the garage at Welles and the blood found in/on JD Suburban to say nothing of the Russell Speeder comedy show IMO. This was not a precision operation by any stretch IMO. But yet FD thinks he is the smartest guy in the room?!?

But, would he bring the body back to 80 MS or even 4Jx? IDK.

This sounds macabre but I really wonder if it might be possible to have prearranged a spot in one of the houses that might be virtually impossible for LE to find and this was part of his revenge fantasy? He knew that GF would ultimately prevail in the 4Jx fight and evict him and so he puts the body there? IDK. I'm just thinking of the most far out sick things that might have some meaning to FD but not make sense to the rest of us. Again, IDK

We know LE have been searching water areas all through the investigation. FD clearly has an affinity for water so does his revenge fantasy or plan to do away with JD somehow connect to water? Makes sense on a certain level but how does he execute this part of the plan? Does he use the barrel as some have suggested? Or, does he go the plastic wrap with cement route we have seen on other cases? Where I struggle with human bodies and water is that its actually hard to get the body to stay in the water without a lot of weight and the container has to be solid and not subject to corrosion etc.

Still puzzling this out....

MOO MOO
IMO the speed with which JD was reported missing changed the game for FD and company. Because her family and friends had a missing persons alert on standby for JD, and was quickly activated, it took FD by surprise. I think he thought it would at least take longer for her to be reported missing. Then LE got involved immediately. Yes, he is infinity smarter than anyone else(Ted Bundy), in his mind. Imagining myself as the killer and having a burning rage below, kicked off by a hair trigger, I'm going to get sloppy. I would want the least amount of time spent at murder scene. Boom, bang, outer there. However, JD reaction to seeing FD and his intentions, may have made JD fight back harder than she ever had in her life. If that's the case FD was surprised. The nerve of her fighting back, not just excepting FD came to kill her. This would be sloppy, ego based thinking. However,if FD just wanted to hit JD, without warning, knock her out, or immediately kill her with blunt force trauma, she wouldn't have seen it coming. IMO he wanted her to see him, but when it was too late, the garage door was closed, and there they were, just JD and FD.
With water involved you just have to have a weight. Even FD could figure that out. So was a container already prepared, just put JD in it, and sink in the Reservoir. Or now we go back to the early morning banging, that neighbors noticed. Was the banging the sealing of a barrel? Wait that long to dispose of JD? Pretty confident in my opinion. However, this guy is the Alpha and Omega in his mind. Why would anyone risk multiple movements of a dead body if your worried about residual DNA? IF your worried about residual DNA, why would you say this out loud outside of your own head, so someone can hear?
Now let's add another detail, because goodness knows WS don't have enough to contemplate. Perhaps he built into one of his houses a secret room? Like you mentioned, a place or area LE overlooked.

First, let me say this. I do not believe Dulos ever loved Jennifer. At least not in the way we think of love. He is a malignant narcissist; he loves only himself. Every person in his orbit has one function, and that is to make him happy. Children are not independent beings, they are extensions of him, a reflection of his glory. Hence, the obsessive waterskiing.

When they are wronged, or even perceived they are, they are very nasty creatures. They begin to exhibit what is called narcissistic rage, which can be a low sustained boil or an explosive act of violence or both. They lack sympathy and empathy for other people. In fact, their victims are not even viewed by them as human. Everyone is expendable and no one dare challenge them.

Not all narcissists are malignant narcissists. Lots of folks are just selfish jerks. MN are entirely different. In fact, they are a rare breed. Dulos checks off all the boxes. Someone here mentioned that attempted stare down of Coangelo by Dulos. That is a classic MN stuff. "I'll show you who's boss." I could go down the list from cars to houses to ski trips to even his monogrammed shirts and expensive lift boots, Dulos' image is the only thing that mattered to him.

He knew he was in deep trouble financially and that court battle was about to get nastier. He blamed it all on Jennifer, so he came up with a plan to kill her. He was going to show her who was in control. What angers me is how such a sweet person ever got mixed up with a guy like him. Sadly, the Dulos' of the world seem to have a knack for finding kind people.

Some people believe the use of the term MN is a way to avoid labeling a person as evil, but I don't agree. For me, it is a way to analyze and understand how a person like Dulos thinks, if for no other reason than to educate others about this personality type. Dulos is evil and he is a malignant narcissist.
Oceancalling you are so right on the money! 100%! However, you forgot charming. Very charming once they set their sites on what they want. IMO, FD "Love Rushed" JF. A over the top, larger than life, wooing! The romance was perfection, amazing tender lover, said and did everything perfect! Cause FD is the perfect imitator. They marry and she's pregnant probably right away. That was the guy Jennifer thought she saw and married. So charming, unbelievably perfect.

I can see this. I wonder though if part of the whole alibi script was that MT would be 'manning' the phones and answering in his name to make it seem like he just couldn't get to the phone at that moment? This would tie her directly into the crime IMO. MT knew the phone was at 4Jx bc FD left it there. Was her job to answer it or do anything else with the phone? Ditto for the time gaps on the phone at 80 MS? I do wonder though when FD might have been expecting the call about the arrangements for the children and pickup? Who would that call have come from? Did he call GF or the nanny or did he make an error and attempt to contact one of the children?
If this is the case, and MT is answering his phone, did anyone call? Did someone call and MT say sorry FD is busy, in a meeting, outside, whatever?

It seems to me that if LE threw that level of manpower into following up on a tip (cadaver dogs, divers etc.) then they have stated indirectly that they did not find anything definitive at MIRA to say she was disposed of there.

Thank you so much for the photos and telling us about your trip to the reservoir today!

Your comments about the black truck you saw in your rear view mirror coming up behind you and then stopping even scared the you know what outta me before you said it was not Fotis Dulos!!

It amazes me how brave you are!! Thanks again for going... but please be very careful! And yes, those woods are very dark. I imagined a lot happened in there!!
Holy Hannah thekirbyfamily! ! Give this family a WS aware! Excellent snooping! Now see how freaked out you were? You didn't even have a dead body in the car! Yet FD is as cool as a cucumber driving JD dead body around! Amazing, thank you so much. Your details were great, I was right there with ya!

It's good to remember that lots of these narcissists actually feel small and empty deep inside and need all those around to work at filling them up.

Imagine how small FD felt when he compared his actual successes (which eliminates the dollars from Jennifer's father) to those of the wealthy men purchasing FORE houses and other mansions in the area.

His lack of personal success had to come up often in conversation when his father-in-law was still living and with his mother in law and her accountants in more recent years.

It helps emphasize that the rage wasn't about being free of his marriage as many have said here, though he would certainly have wanted to stop seeing his failure through Jennifer's eyes.

MT would still be all about his potential especially considering making a living as a grifter reads as success to her.

Everything had to be about the money and the fact that FD didn't control it, making him shrink to a sliver of his former big, bad faux rich self.

MOO
Oh heck yeah FD being a putz came up often with FIL, Imo! Something like all this money, and still FD doesn't know how to make a profit! Yep, FIL knew.

Thank you for this. Do judges consider personality disorders? Can an expert witness come in and say what you’ve just said?

Yes, I've heard detectives speak of the craziness that happens when a criminal who thought he had a murder planned to the T started seeing blood squirt.

Mistakes start to add up in a hurry and they end up doing more and more things wrong, forgetting that perfect plan.

They freak!

They also discover how blood resists being wiped up; it just wants to move from one spot to the other.

Perfectly executed murders are rare with the smartest of people involved and these two are anything but that.

We're going to be flabbergasted when we learn how ineffective they were at the clean-up.

MOO
flabbergasted we will be, right on. Saw another
real crime show that described some new chemical that brings footprints to light in areas
that had already been cleaned of blood.
Show said most (dumb) criminals think if they
swab up the blood on the floor, it's cleaned up
and invisible but in real life if they step in that
area after cleaning they still leave a great foot
print which is easily liftable with this new black
chemical. Sounds like something that could have happened here.
So do they have the shoes/boots that he wore for the murder? How about his clothes or coverings?
Personally I think we need to throw out as evidence everything that can't be proven except
for cameras and phones. everything else could be fabricated information.
mT and FD were not seen inside the MS house.
They were in the driveway when EE arrived.
No proof they ever stopped for lunch.
Still wonder about the time arrived back at MS
due to the faulty time clock on neighbor's camera. Unless they tested it a dozen times was it ALWAYS 1hour and 10min. off being accurate?
Again why was he not videoed after I-84 and Rt. 8 intersection?
If she was dismembered and bagged in NC, there are other open trash dumps on the way
home. He had time to plan all this so he had time to get a permit or sticker for the windshield. There's a large dump off Rt. 72 in
Terryville that takes all kinds of junk, animal carcasses too. Just a few miles from I-84 and Rt. 8 and still on the way to MS.
LE thinks FD left JC by going through the back
woods at some point and so does MT apparently.
The locals (several) have reported seeing him in the area behind JC w/ backpak and shovel.
We have lots of blanks to fill in on his travels.

Regarding the stomach it takes to dismember a
body. First we are not dealing with a normal
human brain here. After all he did kill her.
Go back to my discussion on the types of brains
and the emotional IQ of certain people.
FD was a Math guy = attracted to numbers and
not emotional things (feelings). In my simplistic description he was a "things" person.
His brain was wired for this not emotional
thinking or feelings.
We, who have more emotional brain wiring have more propensity for feelings, and may not be great at math. Why? because our brain is
not strong in those areas. Math and feelings
operate out of different parts of the brain.
Remember FD is a straight math guy. No feelings.
For a guy like FD cutting up and killing is similar to chopping up a log. There were NO
feelings or emotions involved. It was a job.
Like his marriage, there were NO feelings involved. His life consisted of emotionally detached tasks to accomplish a goal. Make JD
go away, disappear. So what if there's blood.
This guy is like a robot- no feelings- it's a task.
the only time we will see feelings on his face is
when he is caught and not getting away w/ the crime. He will then offer up some fake emotions for himself. Not for others at all.
He is a detached emotionless freak. A malignant narcissist.

This is so well thought-out, Hope, and I remain in the "metal container camp".

A bridge seems like the logical place to drop her into deep water but I'm guessing those aren't an option there or someone would have mentioned them.

If someone saw a can/drum dropped from EE's truck it would all be good for FD, right? (Seeing as how Pattis says he wasn't in it. Never mind those inconvenient videos!)

Just a tiny thing about the tarps. When I thought about the dismemberment happening in one of the bathrooms, I pictured preplanned coverage of painters' drop cloths, the kind with absorbent paper on one side and plastic on the other. (We always use those and they're way better than straight plastic because of absorbing spills, of course.)

I look forward to the future when all of us are thinking about beautiful fall days and cool breezes rather than driving ourselves crazy over this case! (But then the Frazee trial will begin and we'll revisit this angst!)

Thank goodness one of us—You!—is thinking because I never thought about a bridge! My gosh! Great idea!!! The things I learn here! I have never seen drop cloths like you describe but I’m so glad I know now! Those sound great!!! Thank you!

It's good to remember that lots of these narcissists actually feel small and empty deep inside and need all those around to work at filling them up.

Imagine how small FD felt when he compared his actual successes (which eliminates the dollars from Jennifer's father) to those of the wealthy men purchasing FORE houses and other mansions in the area.

His lack of personal success had to come up often in conversation when his father-in-law was still living and with his mother in law and her accountants in more recent years.

It helps emphasize that the rage wasn't about being free of his marriage as many have said here, though he would certainly have wanted to stop seeing his failure through Jennifer's eyes.

MT would still be all about his potential especially considering making a living as a grifter reads as success to her.

Everything had to be about the money and the fact that FD didn't control it, making him shrink to a sliver of his former big, bad faux rich self.

MOO
very good!
Even in the best marriages, psychologists say
the honeymoon period wanes after about 5 years.
If you check divorce records of older single men, you'd see that many are unable to sustain
the needs of marriage and children past 6-7 years. This is a common time for divorces, true
like the 7 year itch. The realities of working to make a marriage work turn many men off.
JD was probably on to FD after he stopped playing happy husband. My guess is whenever
the first baby arrived and he was no longer her focus. Many divorced men will tell you they were happy til the wife became a 'mother'.
They don't share attention well. They are the
additional child in the marriage and whine
and complain when they aren't doted on. So
they stray and go find a floozy to feed their needs. Happens all the time. Busy mother, straying husband.
JD was a wonderful, kind and naive female.
She just wasn't enlightened on picking good marriage material. She had no background in
spotting the poor husband material and wanted to "be married". She accepted FD and
overlooked his weaknesses as husband material. She settled. plain and simple.

You know what really spooks me?
His time spent at Welles Lane.
She lived in a rental house.
How could he know that a workman wouldn't show up to fix something?
In my neighborhood we are constantly inundated with lawn workers.
How did he know they wouldn't arrive?
What made him so sure the cleaning lady wouldn't show up early?
How did he get so lucky?
He spent 2 plus hours there!
MOO.
Because he has several dry runs IMO. I also begin to wonder about his supervised visit with the children at her house earlier that week. It was reported that the visit occurred their because of their school schedule. Now I am wondering how that location came to be decided. I think he may have done something during that visit to make his entry into her garage possible, or at least easier.

If he wasn't in the garage by the time Jennifer returned home from dropping the kids off from home, he was hidden very nearby. Once those garage door closed, no one could see anything from the outside. Also, neighborhoods like that are different. Yes, everyone has cameras, but at the same time, residents really like their privacy, so things go unnoticed.

I believe this murder was planned over a period of time. Dulos knew when that cleaning lady was going to show up IMO and he may have even known Jennifer was supposed to be going into the city that day. He couldn't eliminate every risk, but he did not go into that garage without some pre-knowledge IMO.

Thank you @thekirbyfamily I’ve added this post to her media thread

Last edited:

It's worth noting that all of the people I saw heading onto or coming off the trails were using the one in the first picture with the welcome sign, sunlight, and not so dense foliage. None were heading onto the super dark and isolated trail in the second picture (the one that would be closest to 4JC).

Holy Hannah thekirbyfamily! ! Give this family a WS aware! Excellent snooping! Now see how freaked out you were? You didn't even have a dead body in the car! Yet FD is as cool as a cucumber driving JD dead body around! Amazing, thank you so much. Your details were great, I was right there with ya!
Yes!!!! I can't imagine doing something like what we suspect he did. The only thing I can say is I heard when someone is in an adrenaline induced state they can sort of put blinders on, block out emotions, and just become trance-like until they complete their task...I also saw a black bear and took a little video of it meandering through the yards.

Last edited:
It seems to me that if LE threw that level of manpower into following up on a tip (cadaver dogs, divers etc.) then they have stated indirectly that they did not find anything definitive at MIRA to say she was disposed of there.
I think you're right.Locals tell me there was initially lots of pushback on even searching the reservoir and trails. LE was convinced she was at MIRA. So having not found anything else at MIRA they're now going back and following
up on the tips that have been there since early on.
Just guessing that they're no closer to finding her body now than they were back in June.
Hope they have enough other solid evidence
to proceed with charges.

Who was the lawyer that was with FD when he was initially taken down to the police station. There was a lawyer with him... when the cops confiscated the phone, etc. btw- To even sit down with a lawyer for a consult there’s a fee, and a steep one around here. Who is this guy FD?! I hope LE knows more than we do!
His sleazy divorce lawyer, and I say sleazy because I have read those partial divorce transcripts. Lucky for us, he wasn't much of a criminal lawyer. In fact, he was on the phone as Dulos walked into the police station, I think to another lawyer asking what to do.

He shut the interview down, but not before LE got Dulos' phone. The law is very clear that LE had the right to take the phone. Had he not, as he so clearly told us in that 2d televised interview, voluntarily turned it over AND provided the passcode, LE would have still seized anyway, but would have had to get a search warrant to search it. That would have taken time.

Even with a warrant, the passcode would have delayed access to that phone for a very significant period of time, maybe even days or weeks. IPhones are still very hard to access, even for LE, without a passcode. All of that garbage evidence could have been lost forever. The investigation could have lost some very important evidence.

That lawyer was a real jerk during those hearings. Thank goodness he wasn't as smart as he thought he was. An experienced criminal practitioner might have made LE's job more difficult. Dulos' selection of lawyers to surround himself is the gift that keeps on giving and that, my friends, is irony.

Last edited:
Thats a very interesting story actually.

FD called up his former divorce atty (I have been trying to figure out why this guy left the Family Court Case or was excused or what the issue was but haven't figured it out) to represent him in Stamford. This former atty was the person that tried to get GF to pay his legal fees (believe to the tune of $50,000). Not sure how this was resolved.

He was also the atty that was recently seen again in 2018 Family Court testimony as compiling financial statements for FD in Family Court that can only be called 'flimsy' at best as they were based on scraps of paper that FD gave him and these were submitted to Family Court as FD's financial disclosure documents. I believe that JD atty made a motion to terminate this atty from the case in great part due to the financial schenanigans that seemed to be going on. GF Civil atty recently brought some of the FD testimony in Family Court into the Civil Case so if you want to read this testimony then just head over to the Civil Court documents. Reading this testimony from FD was shocking but even more shocking is that he had the atty right by his side aiding his efforts. This was the person FD called when he was in trouble and this is who was with him in NC on the 25th.

The odd part about the arrest warrant was that it references the atty outside chatting away on his cell phone. This has never made sense to me as if you are representing a client why would you leave them alone with mutiple LE to then go outside and chat? I also wondered who he might have been chatting with and was it perhaps related to the case? We also don't know if FD and MT travelled together to NC to visit NCPD as MT is not mentioned. FD and MT seem to travel together like Frick and Frack so I'm curious if she went as well.

MOO
Because the lawyer didn't know what in the heck he was doing! He was trying to get a criminal defense lawyer on the phone (and probably did, which is why he shut the interview down).

Let's all thank the universe for the gift of the sleazy divorce lawyer. As Dulos stressed in that second interview, he voluntarily turned over that phone and the passcode in the presence of his lawyer, who made no objection to the request. Motion to suppress evidence of cell phone search DENIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67