Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a (relatively distant) relative from the Cape who rewound up at Bridgewater and then Taunton hospitals for the criminally insane after a judge noticed him acting erratically in the courtroom. He had long been known to be responsible for acts of violence, arson and even the "disappearing" of his first wife decades ago ... but he was only ever convicted once, decades ago.
Anyway, wouldn't it be awesome if FO wound up in cuckoo's nest lockup?
Not likely, but amusing.

No it does not. Insanity is an affirmative defense, which means the defendant bears the burden of proving it and the State is never obliged to rebut it. It can be rejected by the jury outright, even if there is no contrary evidence to rebut it.

There are a variety of standards by which to determine whether a person was insane at the time of the offense , but all are quite difficult to establish. Most states now have guilty but insane, so that even if a defendant is acquitted due to insanity, civil commitment proceedings can be instituted by the State.

To succeed an insanity defense, the accused must show that he suffered a mental defect such that he was unable to tell the difference between right and wrong or was unable to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law. "Irresistible impulse" was once used in some states, but not so much anymore.

There is no way Dulos can meet any of those standards, not that I think he would try. He would never allow Pattis to portray him in any but the most flattering light. At this late date, I cannot see how it would be a credible defense anyway.

Dulos is not that special. The prisons are full of people with personality disorders; the use of the term is merely a way to explain a certain set of characteristics and behaviors. Many of these behaviors are commonly seen in violent offenders.

For the afternoon phone times, AW2 states that FD called EE at 2:31 pm to ask when EE would return to “the office”, so FD was with his phone at that time. (LE can see where he actually was when he made that call, ie, if he was at 80MS or somewhere else.)
Here’s what I piece together about phone and FD movements in the afternoon:
FD arrives in red truck 80MS 12:22p captured on camera. Presumed FD is coming direct from NC so his phone still at 4JC where he left it that morning.
AW1: FD phone moves from 4JC to 80MS arriving 80MS 1:37pm. He’s gone from 80MS to 4JC in this time (“lunch” with MT) Or, he’s at 80MS the whole time and MT brings his phone from 4JC to 80MS.
AW2: FD makes phonecall to EE and they speak, 2:31pm. FD must be placed at 80MS at this time point given that AW1 says FD phone stayed at 80MS the entire time between 1:37-3:38.
AW1: FD phone moves from 80MS to 4JC at 3:38pm, arriving at 4:17.
Suspicious time gap here. Did FD walk home to get another vehicle, so that there would be N+1 vehicles at 80MS when EE arrived, or did he detour somewhere else along the way? Driving should only take 5 mins. We know that EE and FD has to shuttle vehicles between 80MS and 4JC after 4:30pm (AW2). So somehow one too many vehicles (eg, 4 incl. red truck and Raptor) ended up at 80MS by 4:30 when EE arrived. Or had extra vehicle been there all along and FD was driving and went somewhere else in that extra 25 minutes?) also remote possibility that MT has and is doing something with FD phone in this time period.
FD (or MT) must once again leave FD phone at 4JC at 4:17, because FD and MT are both back at 80MS standing in the driveway at 4:30 (approx) when EE arrives there but FD phone doesn’t move back to 80MS until 5;21p (AW1). Maybe FD doesn’t want EE to be able to reach or find him since they were supposed to meet at 4JC and EE is surprised he is not there (“gone waterskiing” AW2). Maybe FD hopes EE will just go home in Raptor if he can’t reach FD. EE somehow knows to go to 80MS but it doesn’t involve FD phone since phone is still at 4JC between 4:17 and 5:21.
Sometime after 4:30 FD and EE go back to 4JC to shuttle cars (thus the 4 cars at 80MS scenario needed; if 3 cars then no shuttle needed and EE could have left then.)
At 5: 21 FD phone arrives back at 80MS. Is FD with EE then or has EE already left? Latter would require another round trip for FD between 80MS and 4JC. Latter unlikely as FD called MT to bring key back during this time (AW2).
5:34pm FD phone back at 4JC. Leaves again 19:10 to Albany. Bloody bag transfer into Raptor at 80MS must have occurred after 4:30 when EE arrives in Raptor and before 5:34 when FD phone goes back to 4JC.
MOO.

Excellent! But the “conversation” between PG and FD’s phone were by text. Can’t be certain that FD was the correspondent.

I am very intrigued by MT’s wide range of possible times she claimed she and Dulos had a quick lunch - the vagueness of some times on AW1 as to when the phone left 4jx- no detail on what made PG look for keys in absence of the truck (although he could have been looking for a note, etc) - if PG saw Fotis’ phone when looking for keys - and what made PG go to 80 MS when he imagined Fotis forgot and went waterskiing - and when PG actually arrived at 80 MS.

that attorney has much to atone for as the result of his conduct in the divorce case,
Yes! He should be held accountable. What's the point of law if you skirt it the whole time?! I hope at least he's shocked at what his client did and feels bad for egging him on. They both made the last 2 years of her life horrible/stressful/awful.
MOO.

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, I skim and miss postings here and there. AW2 noted an Apple iPhone X and a redacted description of a cellphone. In any case, a search warrant was obtained, not for Apple data, which is encrypted in the cloud, but for the cellphone carrier's data. IMO the cellphone carrier provided the pings to LE. IMO, GPS locations are tracked by cell phone towers. Cell phone carrier needs to know what towers your phone is near to route calls to your phone. 3+ towers and it is a simple math problem to triangulate location of phone. LE didn't need the Apple iPhone X to locate FD on Albany Ave. However, IMO, by unlocking the Apple iPhone X, LE could just read as many emails and texts as quickly as possible before the phone locks again or prompts for password. IMO, LE knows some cool info about who FD's associates are. So don't bother lying to LE, they already know if you and FD are in cahoots. You Rock NCPD investigator who asked for the Apple iPhone X to be unlocked - because LE can ask suspect to unlock phone; LE just can't ask for the password (someone let me know if the law has changed about that because it evolves so quickly). Someone please bill FD for this info.

On an unrelated note, I watched the full Atty Richard Weinstein interview and give him my thumbs up for the foreclosure of 4JX strategy - most expertise in area of practice demonstrated on this case so far. Kudos to BNY Mellon for working with GF on the assumption of the note and mortgage on 4JX. I think BNY Mellon did the transfer at market (or to GF's advantage) and in doing so, preserved BNY Mellon's reputation as a trustworthy banking institution to the 1% (Rule #1: you don't screw your 1% clients over). Now, back to 61 Sturbridge Hill. Correct me if I am wrong, but The Savings Bank of Danbury holds the first mortgage, was it $500,000 and has been paying the property taxes, right? Then the other 2 private mortgagees ($100k each?) Then comes GF's $500k default judgment lien. Then the trade liens. Maybe IRS and CT State tax liens at the top of the food chain. At a $1.5 mm market value (we can't really tell what the vultures will bid), nothing left after auction and costs I would say. Didn't find much on the Dept of Banking CT website - "mutual savings bank" privately held so no SEC filings? FDIC website says that their New York office does the examination but no public documents filed that I could find in two minutes on Google. The President has many years of experience in banking and is a well-known patron of local community fund raising events, apparently. But the President's CV is kind of skimpy. No other work experience other than at The Savings Bank of Danbury as far as I could tell. This worries me. But the private owners of The Savings Bank of Danbury should be worried about how their customers view the bank's concern for the community. Justice for Jennifer likely precludes positively cash flowing on your investment or even the return of capital invested at this point. MOO.
On Sturbridge, the info on the mtgs need to come from Town Hall directly and simply have not had time to grab it. Will do that soon as its on the "FD To Do List"! But my sense is that the 2 'friend mortgages" were put into place to eliminate the ability of GF to collect on her attachment. Hope Weinstein is all over this situation to verify if the 2 'friend mortgages' are "real"! MOO

HopeforTheBest said:
I think someone mentioned FD eating chili Doritos behind bars? If so—trivia again—; he’s having a vegan snack! Who knew?! Lol!

Wait - he is behind bars??? I thought he posted bond last time?? Did I miss something? :confused:

Gruesome thoughts following- read at your own risk.
I keep thinking about LE apparently following their thinking that the body ended up at the landfill. Not just any landfill but the one in Hartford. I believe they've zeroed in on only this one for very good reasons.
forget the reservoir searches for a minute, because of local chatter that LE didn't believe those were really valid in the beginning but were
pretty much forced to search there because of tips.
So why is/was MIRA their target? I wonder if
one or more locals on Albany Ave. spotted pkgs. wrapped like meat in the trash there
and because of smell or condition didn't handle those packages but reported them to LE,
but it was too late, those pkgs. had already gone to MIRA.
Isn't it possible that with all the things seen in the trash by locals- knife, bloody pillow, sponges, mops, t-shirt, bra- that LE must have
good evidence that they missed out on the important pkgs/evidence- the body parts.
And because we really aren't getting a lot of direct evidence info from LE. they're holding this back til trial. MIRA really is/was their primary focus.
I actually very much believe this scenario with a very high probability. The issue of concern is that IMO a trial of "MIRA based evidence" could be tough for jury and so LE is persisting in its search for additional evidence. Forensic trials IMO take a special group of jurors and can fall of the rails for a variety of reasons. LE is searching still so they much have a reason and a path IMO. Just have to keep the faith!
MOO

Wait - he is behind bars??? I thought he posted bond last time?? Did I miss something? :confused:
@Niner. No, FD is NOT, I repeat NOT, behind bars. Most here are quite sad about this but continue to hope this might change when/if murder charges are brought. FD had 2nd bond hearing this week and is out on his second tampering/hindering charge mainly related to his and MT cleaning of a Red Toyota Tacoma that LE believes was the vehicle used by FD to travel from Farmington to NC where he then allegedly killed JD. MOO

So the stalling, and the jerking around of the Faber family, and of course JD was perfectly legal. So basically, motions could be filed and the game goes on an on?
Horrible. Should be red flagged as a waste of the court's time.
I don't know, I know there are these reasons and rules, but there should be a limit.

@Niner. No, FD is NOT, I repeat NOT, behind bars. Most here are quite sad about this but continue to hope this might change when/if murder charges are brought. FD had 2nd bond hearing this week and is out on his second tampering/hindering charge mainly related to his and MT cleaning of a Red Toyota Tacoma that LE believes was the vehicle used by FD to travel from Farmington to NC where he then allegedly killed JD. MOO

Thanks - yes I know about the 2nd tampering w/evidence charge & his hearing. Don't post much - but reading along... and thought I might have missed something! :)

In regards to our discussion earlier about other attorneys that FD has been involved with, I find Eugene Riccio and Jacob Pyetranker and I 'think' Pyetranker was the attorney who was with FD when FD handed over his cell phone to LE and I also think Pyetranker also represented FD in the divorce/custody case also. I am not 100% sure of this so I will say JMO. Hope this helps.

It was Pyetranker.

I apologize! It was just something someone about if/when he is in the FUTURE! So sorry! I’ve been on a roll of causing chaos with my posts! I’m sorry! Let me see if I can report my post and have it deleted. Then I will go give myself a well-deserved lecture! Ack!

This, IMO, is a great theory, @sleuth66
"Maybe FD doesn’t want EE to be able to reach or find him since they were supposed to meet at 4JC and EE is surprised he is not there (“gone waterskiing” AW2). Maybe FD hopes EE will just go home in Raptor if he can’t reach FD."
How it must have burned FO when the

For the afternoon phone times, AW2 states that FD called EE at 2:31 pm to ask when EE would return to “the office”, so FD was with his phone at that time. (LE can see where he actually was when he made that call, ie, if he was at 80MS or somewhere else.)
Here’s what I piece together about phone and FD movements in the afternoon:
FD arrives in red truck 80MS 12:22p captured on camera. Presumed FD is coming direct from NC so his phone still at 4JC where he left it that morning.
AW1: FD phone moves from 4JC to 80MS arriving 80MS 1:37pm. He’s gone from 80MS to 4JC in this time (“lunch” with MT) Or, he’s at 80MS the whole time and MT brings his phone from 4JC to 80MS.
AW2: FD makes phonecall to EE and they speak, 2:31pm. FD must be placed at 80MS at this time point given that AW1 says FD phone stayed at 80MS the entire time between 1:37-3:38.
AW1: FD phone moves from 80MS to 4JC at 3:38pm, arriving at 4:17.
Suspicious time gap here. Did FD walk home to get another vehicle, so that there would be N+1 vehicles at 80MS when EE arrived, or did he detour somewhere else along the way? Driving should only take 5 mins. We know that EE and FD has to shuttle vehicles between 80MS and 4JC after 4:30pm (AW2). So somehow one too many vehicles (eg, 4 incl. red truck and Raptor) ended up at 80MS by 4:30 when EE arrived. Or had extra vehicle been there all along and FD was driving and went somewhere else in that extra 25 minutes?) also remote possibility that MT has and is doing something with FD phone in this time period.
FD (or MT) must once again leave FD phone at 4JC at 4:17, because FD and MT are both back at 80MS standing in the driveway at 4:30 (approx) when EE arrives there but FD phone doesn’t move back to 80MS until 5;21p (AW1). Maybe FD doesn’t want EE to be able to reach or find him since they were supposed to meet at 4JC and EE is surprised he is not there (“gone waterskiing” AW2). Maybe FD hopes EE will just go home in Raptor if he can’t reach FD. EE somehow knows to go to 80MS but it doesn’t involve FD phone since phone is still at 4JC between 4:17 and 5:21.
Sometime after 4:30 FD and EE go back to 4JC to shuttle cars (thus the 4 cars at 80MS scenario needed; if 3 cars then no shuttle needed and EE could have left then.)
At 5: 21 FD phone arrives back at 80MS. Is FD with EE then or has EE already left? Latter would require another round trip for FD between 80MS and 4JC. Latter unlikely as FD called MT to bring key back during this time (AW2).
5:34pm FD phone back at 4JC. Leaves again 19:10 to Albany. Bloody bag transfer into Raptor at 80MS must have occurred after 4:30 when EE arrives in Raptor and before 5:34 when FD phone goes back to 4JC.
MOO.
I signed up for Google alerts on FD and JD to reduce the chance that I’m working on things and miss something big and most are things we’ve seen here already. This one link today talks about a case where CT prosecuted successfully without a body. It requires you to sign up for a free CT Insider email newsletter and I did but can’t read it right now but it has 76 photos! Whoa! Not sure how I could share the info here since pasting it all if I even could would be against the Fair Use policy but you guys could subscribe at the link and read yourselves if you want:

Ruling recalls notorious crime with parallels to Dulos

Not sure of its value; just FYI. MOO.

Yes! He should be held accountable. What's the point of law if you skirt it the whole time?! I hope at least he's shocked at what his client did and feels bad for egging him on. They both made the last 2 years of her life horrible/stressful/awful.
MOO.

I suppose it’s a VERY fine line. Lawyer is the messenger. Unless assists in non compliance by hiding records, mistaking the truth. (I’ve withdrawn from a case like that. Should have in another one bc got too close for comfort.)
Or does a very sloppy job putting client’s information together. And in some courts, the judge will not approve fee requests if client should have done the work, lawyer did it, and bills for the work. Lawyer putting themselves in position of client. And will ultimately bear the fallout.
Lawyers face more and more scrutiny in all areas of client dealings. Dangerous ground to walk. Easier to recommend that they hire assistance from bookkeeper or accountant.

What an awful, creepy story! Probably one of Norm's earliest No Cases!

I signed up for Google alerts on FD and JD to reduce the chance that I’m working on things and miss something big and most are things we’ve seen here already. This one link today talks about a case where CT prosecuted successfully without a body. It requires you to sign up for a free CT Insider email newsletter and I did but can’t read it right now but it has 76 photos! Whoa! Not sure how I could share the info here since pasting it all if I even could would be against the Fair Use policy but you guys could subscribe at the link and read yourselves if you want:

Ruling recalls notorious crime with parallels to Dulos

Not sure of its value; just FYI. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members