Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't taking something from someone else's property a crime? I hope the homeowners would press charges.
We're not sure exactly where the memorial was/is. Is it on privately owned property of a homeowner in JC? Or is it on the right of way
of JC hOA of which FD may still control.. Don't know.
either way he will get a mild pat on the hand.

Hi all,

I have been reading WS for months now, but never posted until today. I'm a Connecticut local (near New Canaan, not Farmington/Avon) and have been obsessed with this case since it started. You have all had such amazing insight and have kept me informed in ways that a lot of the local news couldn't even keep up with.

We have had a few high profile DV cases that have ended up in murder in the state within the last six months, something I have such a hard time grappling with (it's hard out there to be a woman, truthfully), but the way this entire case has been unfolding is wild and captivating in a way that has had me tuned in at all times.

Like many people have mentioned, I am reminded of the Helle Crafts case that happened in Newtown, and feel that there is even more evidence to put FD away without the need for something like a tooth to be discovered as "the body." But what really made me want to post today was hearing about how he tried to remove a memorial that was made for JFD. I know this man is a sick, disgusting, narcissistic person but I am truly blown away by the audacity and cojones this dude has. You want to violate the terms of your release? By all means, please do, but to vandalize/remove a memorial dedicated to the person you're accused of murdering? The mother of your children? That's just on another level.
Welcome to the group!! I'm sure you can contribute some local 'color' to our discussions.
Thanks for joining and helping us in our continued endeavor to seek Justice for Jennifer.

Hi all,

I have been reading WS for months now, but never posted until today. I'm a Connecticut local (near New Canaan, not Farmington/Avon) and have been obsessed with this case since it started. You have all had such amazing insight and have kept me informed in ways that a lot of the local news couldn't even keep up with.

We have had a few high profile DV cases that have ended up in murder in the state within the last six months, something I have such a hard time grappling with (it's hard out there to be a woman, truthfully), but the way this entire case has been unfolding is wild and captivating in a way that has had me tuned in at all times.

Like many people have mentioned, I am reminded of the Helle Crafts case that happened in Newtown, and feel that there is even more evidence to put FD away without the need for something like a tooth to be discovered as "the body." But what really made me want to post today was hearing about how he tried to remove a memorial that was made for JFD. I know this man is a sick, disgusting, narcissistic person but I am truly blown away by the audacity and cojones this dude has. You want to violate the terms of your release? By all means, please do, but to vandalize/remove a memorial dedicated to the person you're accused of murdering? The mother of your children? That's just on another level.

Hi Amgee, so glad you joined.

On two occasions he has been seen in a local Stop & Shop not far from his home that he apparently had permission to visit.

"Must have prior approval to leave house." I sincerely hope pretrial services is in court to represent Dulos was never given authorization to be shopping, "picking up sticks" away from his residence, or desecrating memorials on other people's properties.

While I have always believed he should be detained pretrial for the safety of the kids, nanny, GF and others specifically connected to his prosecution, if I lived in that community, I would begin to be concerned about members of the community itself. He is deliberately trying to see how much he can get away with.

If pretrial services and whatever company is monitoring him is allowing him to go places and do things he is not supposed to, that permission needs to be stopped by the judge this morning. I suspect, however, that as long as Dulos is free, he is going to do whatever he wants.

He is looking to flee; I can feel it in my bones. There is just too much of him testing the system for me to conclude otherwise.

So far he has: 1.Left the jurisdiction, driving on an isolated road, supposedly because of a WAZE error; 2.Failed to properly charge his device on more than one occasion (this one is a biggie); 3.Been spotted at a grocery store, which was not permitted by the conditions of bond; 4.Been photographed away from the residence, in the woods - not at all permitted, at least in my jurisdiction when on GPS monitoring; and 5. Desecrated a memorial put up for his wife while in a location he did not have authorization to be. For starters.

Those violations should equal pretrial detention. I will say it again. This man is incapable of following the rules; he believes they simply do not apply to him, If I lived in that community, I would question what else he would be willing to do to escape punishment, including committing additional crimes. The answer is, he would do ANYTHING. Detention is the only way to protect the community IMO.

He’s never going to stop. Especially with the support of NP. What a sarcastic response. “He got out of his car?”
Yes, Mr. Pattis.
Colango wants conditions tightened? What is that going to do? If Colango doesn’t ask for full revocation, FD will still be out. You have to ask for full revocation and jail to get the judge to order jail. Frustrating the way this is being handled. It’s as if everyone is bowing down to FD.

Hi all,

Welcome!

"Must have prior approval to leave house." I sincerely hope pretrial services is in court to represent Dulos was never given authorization to be shopping, "picking up sticks" away from his residence, or desecrating memorials on other people's properties.

While I have always believed he should be detained pretrial for the safety of the kids, nanny, GF and others specifically connected to his prosecution, if I lived in that community, I would begin to be concerned about members of the community itself. He is deliberately trying to see how much he can get away with.

If pretrial services and whatever company is monitoring him is allowing him to go places and do things he is not supposed to, that permission needs to be stopped by the judge this morning. I suspect, however, that as long as Dulos is free, he is going to do whatever he wants.

He is looking to flee; I can feel it in my bones. There is just too much of him testing the system for me to conclude otherwise.

So far he has: 1.Left the jurisdiction, driving on an isolated road, supposedly because of a WAZE error; 2.Failed to properly charge his device on more than one occasion (this one is a biggie); 3.Been spotted at a grocery store, which was not permitted by the conditions of bond; 4.Been photographed away from the residence, in the woods - not at all permitted, at least in my jurisdiction when on GPS monitoring; and 5. Desecrated a memorial put up for his wife while in a location he did not have authorization to be. For starters.

Those violations should equal pretrial detention. I will say it again. This man is incapable of following the rules; he believes they simply do not apply to him, If I lived in that community, I would question what else he would be willing to do to escape punishment, including committing additional crimes. The answer is, he would do ANYTHING. Detention is the only way to protect the community IMO.

Thanks @oceancalling for your clear explanation of what should be obvious to the court. Fd is a flight risk.

Gave Fd's behavior some thought last night. I believe that he was given the green light to go to work. I believe I heard something from NP's mouth about maintaining properties, but I could be mistaken about this.

In Fd's mind his properties are an extension of himself. Early on, although it came from the Daily Mail, I read that there had been confrontations with neighbors in which the police had been called for parking along 4JX. Four Jefferson Crossing is Fd...he created it and in his mind all of it belongs to him. It's a private drive. He expects the Farmington Police Department to keep the riff-raft away from the king's castle....(It's about all he has left..:))

NP and Fd's will say in court that Fd had permission to maintain the value of his properties. They will claim he was keeping the entrance to that property neat and tidy. (I don't know who technically owns the parkway between the road and the property line in CT, but in San Diego the city has the right to dictate which trees are planted, etc., but the owner can/should maintain the parkways.) However, Fd has used the local PD to control traffic and keep the press away from his main drive.

In Fd's mind JFd was making a mess of things again. It was her fault that his domain was desecrated by dead plants. I'm sure he flew into a rage at the sight of Jennifer ruining his dream...AGAIN! I totally agree he is cracking. His inability to grasp the optics of his act are an indication of his deteriorating mental condition. I hope there was a member of the media there who captured his facial expressions because am sure it could be terrorizing when his temper unleashes.

Judge Blawie needs to tighten the reins securely, if he doesn't end Fd's home confinement. If he raises the bail (significantly) there is some hope Fd will need to spend another day or two in jail as Rena begs friends for money. Hopefully he is about out of friends!

@MarissaAlter

We’re back at the Stamford courthouse where Fotis Dulos is set to appear this morning and formally waive his right to a probable cause hearing. The state’s attorney will also bring up an alleged violation of Dulos’ bond conditions. We could see those modified.
@News12CT
Fotis Dulos attorney Norm Pattis has arrived at the courthouse ahead of today’s hearing. His client isn’t here yet.
Marissa Alter on Twitter

Hi all,

Welcome @amgee! Love your first post and your special avatar. Hope the rest of the NC community is outraged as you by Fd's antics. Thanks for joining us as your perspective will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks @oceancalling for your clear explanation of what should be obvious to the court. Fd is a flight risk.

Gave Fd's behavior some thought last night. I believe that he was given the green light to go to work. I believe I heard something from NP's mouth about maintaining properties, but I could be mistaken about this.

In Fd's mind his properties are an extension of himself. Early on, although it came from the Daily Mail, I read that there had been confrontations with neighbors in which the police had been called for parking along 4JX. Four Jefferson Crossing is Fd...he created it and in his mind all of it belongs to him. It's a private drive. He expects the Farmington Police Department to keep the riff-raft away from the king's castle....(It's about all he has left..:))

NP and Fd's will say in court that Fd had permission to maintain the value of his properties. They will claim he was keeping the entrance to that property neat and tidy. (I don't know who technically owns the parkway between the road and the property line in CT, but in San Diego the city has the right to dictate which trees are planted, etc., but the owner can/should maintain the parkways.) However, Fd has used the local PD to control traffic and keep the press away from his main drive.

In Fd's mind JFd was making a mess of things again. It was her fault that his domain was desecrated by dead plants. I'm sure he flew into a rage at the sight of Jennifer ruining his dream...AGAIN! I totally agree he is cracking. His inability to grasp the optics of his act are an indication of his deteriorating mental condition. I hope there was a member of the media there who captured his facial expressions because am sure it could be terrorizing when his temper unleashes.

Judge Blawie needs to tighten the reins securely, if he doesn't end Fd's home confinement. If he raises the bail (significantly) there is some hope Fd will need to spend another day or two in jail as Rena begs friends for money. Hopefully he is about out of friends!
I don't believe FD is losing it,anymore than he already has. This is more of his arrogance. Rules do not apply to me attitude. Right now CT condones his attitude, because why??

This is going to be it. FD was observed removing items from a memorial (I’m assuming for Jennifer). What the hell?!

BREAKING: State’s attorney Rich Colangelo files to modify the conditions of Fotis Dulos’ bond. @News12CT

Marissa Alter on Twitter

Hopelessly behind so forgive me if this has already been said but geesh, what a moron move. FD has zero impulse control even when it would benefit him. Leave the memorial up & let it look like you care about your missing wife you idiot. Removing it reveals your hate & makes you look even more guilty! Hoping Judge Blawie does the right thing & instead of another slap on the wrist, revokes his bail. MOO.

Speaking of things that wouldn’t seem worth it to a rational mind (not that I’m saying mine always is), his actions in the divorce and worse seem not only reprehensible but also illogical and, simply put, stupid. Surely he could have brokered some kind of deal with Jennifer for him to get out of the marriage and still have more money and things than most people ever would, just to give her peace. I’m sure of that; she just wanted peace and time to love her kids. He wanted it all and in pursuing that, lost it all and then some in my view. MOO.

Edited to fix a typo.
It was all or nothing for him. Plus, I believe he enjoys the fight, I truly do. In the divorce, he constantly tortured his wife, and then claimed to be the victim. Judge Heller noted that something like 2/3rds of the motions were filed by him. The bully had been appeased for so many years that I am sure he was in shock when he began to be held accountable for his conduct. Logic never entered his head - it was all about revenge and retribution for that malignant narcissist.

On two occasions he has been seen in a local Stop & Shop not far from his home that he apparently had permission to visit.
"Not far from where he had permission to visit"? In most courtrooms in this country, that "not far from" is not going to cut it, and Dulos is getting detained for failure to abide by the conditions of his release. In CT, though, who knows?

This case needs to be the catalyst for some serious reform in the pretrial release system in that state. I am very concerned that he is planning his great escape, and it is not clear whether the present system of release will be able to stop him. MOO!

FD judge today...

Local judge tops bench in Stamford

Q: Are defense lawyers as truthful as they could be?

A: There are lawyers who appear here regularly who might come to me and say, ‘Judge, you ordered a rearrest on so-and-so and this is what happened.’ If I don’t think the lawyer is trying to fool me, I will take the lawyer’s word for it and give the guy a break. Some lawyers don’t tell you the truth or mislead you and others give you the straight story. If I have confidence in the lawyer, I’ll accept their word.

Q: What do you see from the bench that really gets your goat?

A: (Laughs.) I think we discourage people from taking personal responsibility. Second chances are important and we encourage them — we have a dozen pretrial diversionary programs.

That’s good, but... people get so many chances, they begin to think they are bulletproof. We lull them into a false sense of security.

I don’t know where to draw the line, but in our state you have to try very hard to go to prison on your first time out of the box. Unless you commit a homicide or sexual assault or robbery with a weapon, it is very unlikely you will go to prison or get a criminal record at all.

Last edited:
"Not far from where he had permission to visit"? In most courtrooms in this country, that "not far from" is not going to cut it, and Dulos is getting detained for failure to abide by the conditions of his release. In CT, though, who knows?

This case needs to be the catalyst for some serious reform in the pretrial release system in that state. I am very concerned that he is planning his great escape, and it is not clear whether the present system of release will be able to stop him. MOO!

I agree. This is ridiculous. I don't know why CT citizens tolerate this lax approach by their Judges? Every lawmaker should be contacted about this along with every victim's rights group, every women's group etc. There's power in numbers & they should mobilize together in an effort to shine a spotlight on this. Enough wringing of hands, action is what counts. And you get action if there's enough public protest & jobs are on the line. There should be protests on the courthouse steps today where media will be gathered. Grassroot effort is where meaningful change begins.

Hoping a judge with “strict rules” about cell phones in courtroom has strict views of the terms of house arrest. Just about everyone on this forum KNEW FD wouldn’t and couldn’t comply with ANY terms imposed on him. So far, he’s batting a thousand on non-compliance.

He’s never going to stop. Especially with the support of NP. What a sarcastic response. “He got out of his car?”
Yes, Mr. Pattis.
Colango wants conditions tightened? What is that going to do? If Colango doesn’t ask for full revocation, FD will still be out. You have to ask for full revocation and jail to get the judge to order jail. Frustrating the way this is being handled. It’s as if everyone is bowing down to FD.
Next time it could be out of the car to a helicopter, plane, boat, or another car. That is the entire point! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces