Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is scheduling a CT court hearing so attorneys (Murray, Hug) can get paid top priority? The wheels of probate court are swift compared with criminal court. Holding a trial and obtaining convictions against accomplices MT and KM, for aiding and abetting a carefully planned murder, can move slow as molasses, fraught with no body, no conviction defenses but lo and behold we get an attorney claiming JFd is in pieces in order to get paid pronto. The probate court hearing declaring Jennifer Farber Dulos deceased for the purposes of liquidating the IRA to pay attorneys as creditors of FD's estate and probate administration fees is the first order of business. Figuring out how Attorney Hug has come to his alarming statement without benefit of a full criminal trial is astonishing. For the family, this is anguish, without getting any justice for the victim in criminal court.

How about putting MT, an accomplice to murder behind bars, before she disappears on a plane to South America? Before any attorney takes another bite out of the Estate(s), the beneficiaries of which are the five children of the victim.

And then, in the whole system of court priorities, how about prosecuting FD's bail fraud upon the court (remember how an insurance dept whistleblower found no unencumbered security, dude was insolvent, NP knew and continued to associate himself with a fraudulent application for bail). Fd was broke. All this time. As for the $250k given to NP from...well, never mind. Let's just take the IRA money from the children because it is less damaging to the CT justice system than disbarring NP and depriving society all the great defenses of... Hmmm. Recall, NP wanted the IRA money as collateral, for his fees from the very first bail hearing.

Not a peep from the CT Grievance Committee. Production of itemized legal invoices is standard practice in federal courts. Shouldn't be that hard NP to itemize hourly rate times hours billed for work performed. Hug, Murray and any other attorney gathered at the trough should produce itemized bills too. Oink. I mean MOO.

Here's a quote from CT Mag article in March 2020:

"While the Jones and Dulos cases get the most attention, lower-profile criminal cases like this one, along with representing state employees who get in trouble at work, are his bread and butter, Pattis says later."

Attorney Norm Pattis: Defender of the Despised

So the lower-profile criminal cases are probably many of the ones he gets from the Office of the Public Defender, for which the state pays him. (And they don't require the usual contract from him or the questionnaire that asks if he's ever had an ethics committee charge him with a breach) How does he get the "state employees who get in trouble at work?" From the Attorney-General's office? He says "bread and butter"--meaning a steady provision. Is that why the Statewide Grievance Committee (and the AG's office) is so lenient with him? E.g., the false Alex Jones affidavit submitted to the Sandy Hook court--which could've been seen as felonies under two different state laws. MOO

Huh? Are you saying Pattis is representing a party connected to the murder of Vanessa Morales?

Yes, Pattis and Smith are (or at least were) representing Jose Morales in the charge of murder of the mother of Vanessa Morales, who is still missing, and I think is presumed dead.

Isn’t Jose Morales currently the cell mate of Kent Mawhinney? Would this be allowed if Fd was still alive, and still represented by Pattis/Smith? Not technically a conflict of interest, since Pattis never repped KM, but still it’s kind of weird with all of the cell mates to have.

Yes, Pattis and Smith are (or at least were) representing Jose Morales in the charge of murder of the mother of Vanessa Morales, who is still missing, and I think is presumed dead.

Isn’t Jose Morales currently the cell mate of Kent Mawhinney? Would this be allowed if Fd was still alive, and still represented by Pattis/Smith? Not technically a conflict of interest, since Pattis never repped KM, but still it’s kind of weird with all of the cell mates to have.

I think P&S are representing Jose Morales on the charge of the murder of Christine Holloway, the mother of toddler Vanessa Morales, who is still missing.

In an interview with one of the CT TV stations a few months ago, NP was asked whether he'd want to represent KM. He said under ethics rules he wasn't allowed to contact KM b/c he was represented by other counsel, but then suggested that KM could contact him if he wanted to do so. MOO

I think P&S are representing Jose Morales on the charge of the murder of Christine Holloway, the mother of toddler Vanessa Morales, who is still missing.

In an interview with one of the CT TV stations a few months ago, NP was asked whether he'd want to represent KM. He said under ethics rules he wasn't allowed to contact KM b/c he was represented by other counsel, but then suggested that KM could contact him if he wanted to do so. MOO

Does it not still seem like an ethics concern even if KM were inclined to contact Pattis? Not that I think ethics matter to NP...

The FD fiasco represents so much "funny money" and "strange transfers" that cry for a little transparency, IMO. The first question: Where did FD have $250,00 to pay NP?

So, if Pattis felt entitled to keeping the payment, and it was part of his motivation to push for a trail despite the fact his client was dead. I wonder if he can claim billing time for preparing the motions to go forward with the murder case and his time before the press. I thought he said, "This is personal." Didn't sound like a paying client.

Of course, we have the Greek relatives who wanted to pursue the case going forward. Did anyone have a blanket power of attorney to express FD's wishes prior to his death? Who entered the safety deposit box? What was in the box?

Is AC still responsible for the bond and loans she signed to free FD in early January? I'm hazy why she would be held responsible when the person for whom the bond was intended is dead. Didn't Pattis say she was still responsible for the financial aspects of the bond? Why does she need legal representation? Who is her attorney?

I found this quote on my notepad written shortly after FD's suicide (from HCourant)...

Norm Pattis told reporters that he is representing Curry, but it is not clear why she hired an attorney.

Where is attorney Phufas (sp?)? What information does he have to share with the probate court? Does he have access to additional FD funds?

Does Attorney Murray know about this payment? Has he been paid? And, there's poor Attorney Habib who needs to pay his own legal counsel.

WHAT A MESS!

Thanks for the quote LosAngeles. I had vague memory of NP making a comment about AC. Didn't remember HE was going to represent her, or why she needed/needs representation.

Wonder if some of the retainer funds went to AC? Wonder if she is responsible for the $250,000 payment to NP in January? I wonder about a lot of things related to the sleaziness of this case.

Here's an article from Heavy that has the information you saved and additional information about AC:
Anna Curry, Fotis Dulos’ Friend: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Does it not still seem like an ethics concern even if KM were inclined to contact Pattis? Not that I think ethics matter to NP...
I think if someone has the money to pay a lawyer, they have the right to fire one and hire another one. And lawyers can now advertise their services--in the past that was prohibited. But NP angles for high-profile clients by publishing his opinions about their cases online, no doubt hoping they'll find him. Like Anna Gristina, the NY "soccer madam"--who did retain him. And Harvey Weinstein, who didn't.

I think if someone has the money to pay a lawyer, they have the right to fire one and hire another one. And lawyers can now advertise their services--in the past that was prohibited. But NP angles for high-profile clients by publishing his opinions about their cases online, no doubt hoping they'll find him. Like Anna Gristina, the NY "soccer madam"--who did retain him. And Harvey Weinstein, who didn't.

Didn't NP make commentary on the FD case before he was hired also?

His quote about the anguish the Farber family must be feeling is in sharp contrast to his most recent comments.
Norm said, in June 2019:
“I woke up this morning thinking of the family of the missing woman and how anguished they are,” Pattis said, adding that the Dulos case reminds him of the deaths of Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin."

Local defense attorney weighs in on case of missing mom.

His quote about the anguish the Farber family must be feeling is in sharp contrast to his most recent comments.
Norm said, in June 2019:
“I woke up this morning thinking of the family of the missing woman and how anguished they are,” Pattis said, adding that the Dulos case reminds him of the deaths of Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin."

Wow I followed the Navin case. I didn't remember Pattis represented JV. Small world.

Norm said, in June 2019:

I sort of remember NP was wishing to get MT for a client. That was when FD was represented by Riccio. Still wondering why ER withdrew.

Hey @Tink56 - was just wondering if KM might have a next court date for his divorce. Last one was on 7/23/20.

Hartford - case #HHD-FA19-6105839-S

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

Thanks for the quote LosAngeles. I had vague memory of NP making a comment about AC. Didn't remember HE was going to represent her, or why she needed/needs representation.

Wonder if some of the retainer funds went to AC? Wonder if she is responsible for the $250,000 payment to NP in January? I wonder about a lot of things related to the sleaziness of this case.

Here's an article from Heavy that has the information you saved and additional information about AC:
Anna Curry, Fotis Dulos’ Friend: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
NP is not/was not representing AC. It is my understanding, (from the horses mouth), at the time of his gassing, he was protecting her from media frenzy.

Hey @Tink56 - was just wondering if KM might have a next court date for his divorce. Last one was on 7/23/20.

Hartford - case #HHD-FA19-6105839-S

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

Morning Niner...

Think this is it....NO EVENTS SCHEDULED.
HHD-FA19-6105839-S - MAWHINNEY, KENT D. v. HADDOCK MAWHINNEY, CHERRY ONGOCO
#
Date Time Event Description Status
No Events Scheduled

Attachments

• C69E0BFF-2B68-4B76-A9F9-225711CE6461.jpeg
    C69E0BFF-2B68-4B76-A9F9-225711CE6461.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online