DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stabbing is mutilation enough. :/

ETA: we know he was used as a means of controlling the adults, it's probable that he was cut during the 18 hours. Mutilation doesn't have to be made to sound worse than it was. I also see no reason for msm to not report something because it's distasteful to some. That doesn't happen. Maybe it was *allegedly* only reported the one time because it was found out to be untrue.

I see this happen not only in comments to articles, but it's happened in other forums that random brand new posters pop in to post unsubstantiated and purposefully inflammatory items to suit their agenda. Those posters are shut down pretty quickly on reputable sites, but comments on outside articles or blogs remain to taint people's opinion. Commenters outside of here post some seriously weird things that sound like little kids excitedly telling stories (fibbing) all big-eyed and watching to see reactions. Creeps.

I saw the details included in the comment reported in more detail elsewhere. It was early on, and later I wasn't able to find that account again. I believe it was accurate and was pulled. MSM does, indeed, temper their reports, and often does not include the more graphic details, especially where there is harm to children.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Another one bites the dust. The white Range Rover Carfax is a little confusing. It looks like it was purchased as a corporate car (AIW or Sigma?) and has already been sold. Regardless, it didn't need to be re-registered during the time JW worked for SS, as it wasn't purchased before August 2014. No repairs on record during that time.

I think the other two cars are going to be impossible to find, unless someone can read the first 3 number/letters of the plates. Also, the brownish land rover looks like it might be from a different state. West Virginia? If anyone can read the other plates, I'll run them.

View attachment 78745

Wow, I'm blown away.

True, but usually it's kept in the glove box.

Before we got married, my DH always kept his car registration in his wallet. He still would, if we weren't both driving the cars. SS may have done the same, especially if AS never drove the Mosler.

I saw the details included in the comment reported in more detail elsewhere. It was early on, and later I wasn't able to find that account again. I believe it was accurate and was pulled. MSM does, indeed, temper their reports, and often does not include the more graphic details, especially where there is harm to children.

Details about the damage and mutilation including rape done to infants is reported by MSM when it happens. Why would that be any better or worse? :( You know what I mean. MSM isn't accurate on so many things, why would they care about squeamish readers in some cases, but not others. All things being equal.

I was thinking about that, too. I had cocktails with one of the engineers who was working on the tech that does the tag capture, ages ago. The first thing I thought of when I read that they had these new plates was how awful they must be for LE.

Is there a known grouping for the letter combinations that are stacked? That would reduce the possible combinations from 26^2 letters.
There is room on the plate for 6 integers horizontal. They seem to have reserved a lot of space for special pictures.
California can handle the plates with all horizontal integers for far more registered vehicles than MD.

I think that we do know for sure that he was not arrested. The defense would HAVE TO be told already if there had been another arrest in this case. And if they knew he had been arrested thrn their line of questioning would have been much different than it was, imo.

Perhaps JayMac can shed light on this.

I couldn't see the attachment. Did the inspection get done at that same random spot in Rockville where Mosler was inspected?

I couldn't see either attachment :(

Details about the damage and mutilation including rape done to infants is reported by MSM when it happens. Why would that be any better or worse? :( You know what I mean. MSM isn't accurate on so many things, why would they care about squeamish readers in some cases, but not others. All things being equal.

Sometimes, but often it is only alluded to and not stated directly. In many cases, the details aren't public until the trial when transcripts are available.

As to why the difference, different reporters have different standards, different editors different news outlets, etc.

I couldn't see the attachment. Did the inspection get done at that same random spot in Rockville where Mosler was inspected?

For emissions inspections, you have to go to one of the Maryland DMV stations.

I was thinking about that, too. I had cocktails with one of the engineers who was working on the tech that does the tag capture, ages ago. The first thing I thought of when I read that they had these new plates was how awful they must be for LE.

Is there a known grouping for the letter combinations that are stacked? That would reduce the possible combinations from 26^2 letters.

It's more than 26^2! It's 26^26 and then another number before that, so is that 26^26x10? Plus, I'm not sure the state of the Land Rover Plate. I just spent hours trying to figure it out and no luck.

The speed cameras seem to have no problem reading my MD plates due to the speeding tickets I've received in the mail. :)

So I looked at images of MD tags. My best guess was that the stacked are going to be location identifiers. I cannot come up with a test method to validate the theory though.

Google returned a very helpful site, which may help sort out the registration date. http://www.ricksplates.com/maryland/mdcurr-per.htm#pass

This is really interesting! Wish I'd had it earlier!! I don't think the Land Rover is registered in MD, but I can't make out the state or numbers.

I'm giving up. Did I say that already?

Before we got married, my DH always kept his car registration in his wallet. He still would, if we weren't both driving the cars. SS may have done the same, especially if AS never drove the Mosler.

But why would JW have it in his backpack? I doubt very seriously he ever drove the Mosler without SS present. JMO

I noticed that the inspection took place in Annapolis. That is consistent with JW taking it in, since he lived in Annapolis.

Agree. He could have taken it home with him and taken it to have the emissions test done the next day. There are closer stations, so it wouldn't make sense to drive out there and back, especially if he was going to drive SS again the next day.

Kind of throws a wrench in the Tuesdays and Fridays theory, unless he worked on Thursday, took the car home, had it emissions tested on Friday and then brought the car back the next week. I'm not 100% sure if the dates on the Carfax are the dates the car passes inspection or the dates Carfax is notified.

If he had the flashy red Audi parked near his home, that could garner attention. Would he have the self control to just get the car inspected without joyriding over the weekend? Would he have taken it by to show a relative or friends, for example?

Maybe it's easier to read via video? Not sure how large your monitor is http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29185043/exclusive-police-tow-vehicles-dc-quadruple-murder

I tried. I give up.

I think we've established that it is possible (and maybe even likely) that JW took at least one car in for its emissions test. (Why did they have the Audi emissions tested in March when it didn't need to be re-registered until at least September 2015?) So what the detective said is plausible. I'm not sure that it has any bearing on the Mosler registration, since that had already been emissions tested before JW started working for SS. But JW might be able to say he had re-registering the Mosler on his to-do list.

If JW was to re-register the car in person, he would have to have a power of attorney per the following:
If the vehicle is company-owned, the person signing the notice must list their official capacity.
• A Power of Attorney must accompany the renewal notice if you are not a company official, do not personally own the vehicle, or have leased the vehicle.

The Mosler may have been company owned, as the other cars registered in Maryland were "corporate" cars. The Porsche was registered in DC and was a "personal" vehicle.

It still doesn't make sense that he would need the registration or that he would go to the DMV when he could do it so easily online (He would need the title and the tag number, which are on the registration and the renewal notice sent by DMV.)

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/VR-004.pdf

Sometimes, but often it is only alluded to and not stated directly. In many cases, the details aren't public until the trial when transcripts are available.

As to why the difference, different reporters have different standards, different editors different news outlets, etc.

I agree that lots of times details of all sorts aren't known to us until the trial (so frustrating), but I also believe that once the cat is out of the bag, the bell is rung, a salacious detail is leaked - it can't be undone, there's no taking it back, no do-overs.

If it had been reported legitimately a single time in a single publication and then scrubbed quickly, it would have been seen and snapped on and repeated.

In my opinion.

I agree that lots of times details of all sorts aren't known to us until the trial (so frustrating), but I also believe that once the cat is out of the bag, the bell is rung, a salacious detail is leaked - it can't be undone, there's no taking it back, no do-overs.

If it had been reported legitimately a single time in a single publication and then scrubbed quickly, it would have been seen and snapped on and repeated.

In my opinion.

I wonder if LE wants to keep some details quiet as a way to weed out whack jobs (jail house informants, fake confessors, etc.) If this info was leaked, I guess it's too late for that now, but it would be another reason not to release specific details. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1