Deputies seek public’s help in HaLeigh case/update:woman contacts LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to be snarky...
but my son has a learning disability AND also a genius IQ. He has a rebuttal for everything, and it always makes sense. Just an aside because a learning disability does not mean unintelligent. I am so NOT picking on your comment, just wanted to point out that while uneducated she may be very clever.

I read (???) recently that Misty has severe learning disabilities & would often came home from school crying to her gm..I dont know when she quit school just that she did..I have seen enough of her on tv to form the opinion she is not very intelligent..All of this=in my mind she cant possibly be clever (or clever enough) to fool LE & for so long..I honestly did not intend to make a blanket statement re: a learning disability & sincerely regret this misunderstanding. :innocent:

I read (???) recently that Misty has severe learning disabilities & would often came home from school crying to her gm..I dont know when she quit school just that she did..I have seen enough of her on tv to form the opinion she is not very intelligent..All of this=in my mind she cant possibly be clever (or clever enough) to fool LE & for so long..I honestly did not intend to make a blanket statement re: a learning disability & sincerely regret this misunderstanding. :innocent:

Oh no problem and I wasn't personally offended. I was just adding my :twocents:. It's all good.

I can never figure out when they bring Det. Schauland out, when they bring Maj. Bowling out, when they bring Det. Rick Ryan out...

Is Schauland the guy they brought out of retirement to do pr in the beginning of this case? If so, didn't he go back to retirement and now he pops out again?
Revolving retirement door at PCSO also?

Is Schauland the guy they brought out of retirement to do pr in the beginning of this case? If so, didn't he go back to retirement and now he pops out again?
Revolving retirement door at PCSO also?

Hi Twall, I think that is often a very good plan. Lots of cities used seasoned, retired cops to form a COLD CASE squad and I know the one in Portland has had some success. The men each spend about 2 days a week working on their cases and rotate:

OregonLive
Monday, April 21, 2008

Retired cops put the heat on cold case homicides
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1208742910303210.xml&coll=7 xox

You can buy black shoes that are just like the white shoes nurses, etc wear. Same support and comfort, just not white.
My understanding is that the woman in blue scrubs in the "girlfriend" of Cobra. Don't know if that is true or not but it seems odd that:
1. Misty left town as soon as the letter from Nay Nay was published
2. As soon as Misty left town the new letter turned up
Maybe Misty needed to get to a "safe place" before the final clue could be given to LE and maybe LE helped Misty to get somewhere to protect her before the lid blew off.

My understanding is that the woman in blue scrubs in the "girlfriend" of Cobra. Don't know if that is true or not but it seems odd that:
Maybe Misty needed to get to a "safe place" before the final clue could be given to LE and maybe LE helped Misty to get somewhere to protect her before the lid blew off.

OMG, That is the best explanation I have heard. It makes perfect sense. Your post should be a stickie ;}

PS: Here I thought she was thinking 'b**bies up' all the way to Nashville!

I thought Cobra was a married man?

Its does make sense, now I'm thinking it won't amount to much.

:eek:

*shakes my head*

(eta: head shaking not at the post, but at the thought that another round of drama is connected to Cobra)

Based on Onthetrail's Theory or "understanding" that this woman could be or is Cobra's GF... I have done some googling.

I found the name of Cobra's GF. I don't know if I am allowed to post it but I found it online easy enough. After finding her name I looked for pics of her but couldn't find anything, so I checked facebook for any women in FL with that name and found a woman who very well could be the lady we see in the video.

ETA - I did take a look at her friends list and didn't see anyone who could be Cobra though. And I found her in West Palm Beach FL. I haven't got a clue how far that is from St. Augustine. Mind you. I have a lot of friends who were born and raised in Vancouver, B.C. but now live else where and they still have their Network on Facebook as Vancouver.

BBM
I just wanted to say that Scrubs is NOT Cobra's girlfriend or ex wife.

Good Morning,

I do believe that this lady doesn't know anyone in the family and was chosen as a messenger as she would be a good one - a regular person and not a publicity seeker.

That said, if she knows Cobra I don't think it matters, as she would not necessarily reflect what and who he is in delivering a written message.

In fact, I don't think it matters who she is. Yes, she has interjected herself into the case by delivering a message, but IMO is a periphery player who has no bearing in solving the mystery of what happened to Haleigh or where she is now.

Maybe there is something I haven't thought of yet :waitasec:

Not to be snarky...
but my son has a learning disability AND also a genius IQ. He has a rebuttal for everything, and it always makes sense. Just an aside because a learning disability does not mean unintelligent. I am so NOT picking on your comment, just wanted to point out that while uneducated she may be very clever.

I know this was yesterday's comment but sleutherontheside I could not agree with you more. I have a little one at home too that is very very clever, with LD and other mixed disorders. I don't want to start a riff...but in me experience with my child when she is trying to cover her hiney and avoid punishment......THAT is when she is the most clever. Example, 2 nights ago when it was time for her medicine and we had company and some excitement going on....she had me completely and totally convinced.....me the adult...lol....that I had already given her her medicine and if I gave her more she would get sick! We went back and forth for about twenty minutes and I started to believe her story! She was very convincing..she had Daddy convinced too. Needless to say later at 3 am and the princess was still bouncing off the walls I knew she got me! The next day I went out and bought one of those medicine dividers because Mommy won't be fooled again!

Morning onthetrail....protect her from who?

I think the instinct to protect ourselves is basic human nature, no matter what IQ or learning disability you have. Misty is smart enough to know that killing a child equals LWOP or the Death Penalty. There is no greater motivation to lie and cover up than that.

ETA: can you imagine being 17 years old and knowing the rest of your life will be behind bars if someone uncovers your lie?

You know it's not even the legal factor here. If she's found out and held responsible for this crime, she will forever be known as the girl who killed Haleigh. By her husband, family, friends...everyone. Yep, the girl has great motivation to lie and coverup the best she can.

ETA: can you imagine being 17 years old and knowing the rest of your life will be behind bars if someone uncovers your lie?

I can't possibly imagine the fear... That said.. I can not for the life of me fathom ever doing anything to put the life of a child in jeopardy to CAUSE me to have to worry about spending the rest of my life in jail. I would fear losing or harming my child more, than spending the rest of my life in jail. Losing my boy would be worse than being in jail. If I was in prison for the rest of my life for something else, but I knew my baby boy was still alive and experiencing the world... then that would be a million times better than being OUT of prison, but knowing my boy was gone, never to live and breathe and laugh and love.

I'm ranting... Your point was.. as a 17 year old.. the fear of spending the rest of your life in jail is a HUGE motivator when it comes to CYA, which I totally agree with. Scary indeed. With that being a motivator, who's to say what BS and lies and such a person can come up with. Look at our dear friend CA. Not enough fingers and toes in Florida to count all the BS that comes out of that girls mouth.

I think the instinct to protect ourselves is basic human nature, no matter what IQ or learning disability you have. Misty is smart enough to know that killing a child equals LWOP or the Death Penalty. There is no greater motivation to lie and cover up than that.

ITA with you Suzie. I also believe there are people who are pathological when it comes to lying, caused to protect themselves I guess. I lived with a guy who could get caught in the act and then deny he did it. Pathological IMO xoxox

You know it's not even the legal factor here. If she's found out and held responsible for this crime, she will forever be known as the girl who killed Haleigh. By her husband, family, friends...everyone. Yep, the girl has great motivation to lie and coverup the best she can.

It is too bad for her. I don't think she killed Haleigh but rather put her in a dangerous situation which led to her death. If she could start telling the truth it would look allot different in the eyes of the law, don't you think? I can't even imagine her being involved in disposing of a body unless she asked someone to do it.

Suzi, do you think she is being protected now at the suggestion of LE since everything seems to be coming out in the open? And not by the fact she is now telling the truth?

It is too bad for her. I don't think she killed Haleigh but rather put her in a dangerous situation which led to her death. If she could start telling the truth it would look allot different in the eyes of the law, don't you think? I can't even imagine her being involved in disposing of a body unless she asked someone to do it.

Suzi, do you think she is being protected now at the suggestion of LE since everything seems to be coming out in the open? And not by the fact she is now telling the truth?

I would bet she's too scared to admit anything at all because there is ultimately punishment, even if it was an accident, and humiliation for telling so many lies. And let me clarify scared, most likely scared about her own fate and not about what happened to Haleigh. What is done is done and she's all about saving her own behind now. I think at 17 she would have trusted someone to help her. At 17 you think your friends will keep your secrets forever.

I don't think she's being protected by LE. I think she took off because the heat is being turned up. Her brother and others have started talking and she's hiding from them.

ETA: I think she's terrified of being in the same room with RC when the truth comes out. He'll kill her. That is if he's not involved himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back