Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they? I thought they were perimortem? At or around time of death?

I don't have the indictment link handy, but here.

“These defects in Dylan’s skull were perimortem, indicating that the bone still had characteristics of wet bone similar to a recently deceased person,” the indictment says.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174572

IMO the finding of the skull closed the deal it was murder. It supports the dogs findings with blood evidence. I think the cadaver dogs alone would not have been enough in Court.

Yep good old cocky Mark really put his foot in it by telling his son that they would have to find the skull to prove what had happened and surprisingly they did.

I am having buffering issues. I hope they release a copy because I missed a lot.

Yep good old cocky Mark really put his foot in it by telling his son that they would have to find the skull to prove what had happened and surprisingly they did.

Still trying to wrap my head around his cocky mouth spouting that fact. Wonder if he was hitting the Jim Bean. Again.

I said to a friend earlier if MR is BG I'll swim to Texas! (I'm in England, that's a very long swim!)
Okay SKIBABOO I'll pick you up in Texas and drive you to So Cal for a rest! Lol. As far-fetched as it seems, a lot similarities came up (for me) when I saw the sketch of BG in Delphi. Did you also notice MR was wearing a "baseball cap" even at night? Over 8 years of being "detective MOM" I found a man by searching photos of memorial events for, who is now in jail facing murder charges in Florida
MISSING and MURDERED children. I was not allowed to post them because of this being a victim friendly site. (BTW I have no problem with that stance since I am sure the photos made it into the hands of LE....) I just can't get over the physical similarities....IQuestion-a-lot
Just questioning why it was important or note worthy for attorney to tell the judge "based in Indiana."

It sure would be nice to discuss this case with all of the new evidence we just got instead of bringing up bad past postings by members who have been banned or no longer posting.

Time to move on.

I agree there are times to forget the past and "move on"...

However...

the vitriol against the mother was a very large part of this case.

It could have made a big part of the reason why the original AG did not follow through on steps that we see now was important ...
and for him not be proactive on strong evidence of guilt on the part of the now arrested suspect...

This should NOT be forgotten...
as it is part of learning from past mistakes... To become more effective...

And to remember that the living members of the loved one deserve the most immediate trial when evidence presents itself...

And in future cases.

All... JMO...

Okay SKIBABOO I'll pick you up in Texas and drive you to So Cal for a rest! Lol. As far-fetched as it seems, a lot similarities came up (for me) when I saw the sketch of BG in Delphi. Did you also notice MR was wearing a "baseball cap" even at night? Over 8 years of being "detective MOM" I found a man by searching photos of memorial events for, who is now in jail facing murder charges in Florida
MISSING and MURDERED children. I was not allowed to post them because of this being a victim friendly site. (BTW I have no problem with that stance since I am sure the photos made it into the hands of LE....) I just can't get over the physical similarities....IQuestion-a-lot

haha

It's good to keep an open mind to the possibilities ! I don't think I could handle it if it was the case. I'd have to hang up my sleuthers badge, after I've picked my jaw up out of the 200 foot deep crater it would make.

Question for Ginata.

In a couple of cases I have followed, I have strongly considered that some folks who *could* testify perhaps went on media, knowing that if they did they would NOT be called by either the prosecution nor the defense. (e.g. one person on the Jodi Arias case that comes to mind) That perhaps they *wanted* to get kicked off by both as to testifying, and that they would become *tainted* witnesses.

Do you think that this happens often without consideration by the parties talking to the media?

How often do you think this happens purposefully to *get out* of testifying in your experience of your cases or others here at WS?

People who are interviewed by the media often testify afterward. That doesn't bar being called as a witness. The only thing it does is it can be used to impeach a witness if they say something different from what they said in an interview. .

Are we still waiting for Elaine to speak or did I miss it? TIA

Gee whiz, call me old-fashioned but back in my day, a fetish meant that someone was into S&M or feet or whatever. This unspeakable aberration that MR was allegedly involved with isn't so much a fetish to me as it is a manifestation of extreme, dangerous-level narcissism coupled with hard-wiring for sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies.

Do we know if MR had actual hard-copy pics lying around of his sick hobbies or were the images discovered on an electronic device?
Also, I vote NO THANK YOU on ever seeing the actual images. :puke:

You're right. This is beyond a simple "I get turned on by feet." Or whatever. The photo I saw was very sinister. (For those who want to see it, it was in a trailer for a documentary about this case which I linked to while back. His face was fuzzed out a bit but you could still get a sense of his psycho stare at the camera as he...did what he was doing).

Completely scary. Total freak.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I can believe it wasn't planned ahead of time, at least not totally. Mark seems so narcissistic, I think he may have believed he could charm Dylan into deciding to move back with him. When Dylan not only refused, but said he didn't even want to visit and why, to the type of person Mark appears to be, that could be enough to make him completely lose it and kill him. It's also possible that he had planned to give him the choice and murder him if he said no, but I doubt he'll ever be honest about what his true intentions were. Whether it was premeditated or not, I still think he deserves the maximum sentence they can give him. MOO

I think you make a lot of sense. Certain things make me think it was premeditated but he certainly seems like the type who flies into rages. It could be either. I think the charges were appropriate. If convicted he won;t get out of prison. And anyhow, only one person has been executed in CO since 1974.

I really hope Mark gets a tough time of it in prison. How can you be so wicked to do this to your own flesh and blood? .

So if we take what we know at face value he killed Dylan in a rage. But how can you then think to yourself "I'm going to try and cut off his head" - this is his son for crying out loud. That takes a special kind of evil to degrade your sons body in such a fashion.

That's the thing. It is one thing to fly into a rage and attack without thinking. It's another when you dismember his body with your own two hands.

I wonder if he's picked up and assaulted sex workers (and/or others) on his trucking routes. With an obvious propensity for violence and murder, and sexual issues...for all we know he could be one of these truck driver serial killers, the one of many as described in "The Killing Season"...

It is certainly possible. His DNA will now be on file if it wasn't before. And if it wasn't, maybe now something more will come up. This guy is creepy as you know what.

[video=twitter;889935233679630336]https://twitter.com/jacelarson/status/889935233679630336[/video]

Enjoy!!

Thanks for that. "I have no idea what that's about." Oh really, genius? Only you had to be hospitalized because you thought the police were coming to get you. Now you are suddenly unaware of the murder of your son and your status as a person of interest? Liar.

"Now is the time for justice for Dylan"

MR was NOT notified the skull had been found

Wow. I'm glad they didn't notify that about his son. He is no father, and no parent.

I agree there are times to forget the past and "move on"...

However...

the vitriol against the mother was a very large part of this case.

It could have made a big part of the reason why the original AG did not follow through on steps that we see now was important ...
and for him not be proactive on strong evidence of guilt on the part of the now arrested suspect...

This should NOT be forgotten...
as it is part of learning from past mistakes... To become more effective...

And to remember that the living members of the loved one deserve the most immediate trial when evidence presents itself...

And in future cases.

All... JMO...

I agree. Debate is fine. Many of us have widely divergent points of view. But when people throw logic out the window to attack an obvious victim with no evidence that the victim is connected to what happened, that crosses the line and should be called out.

I have to say the video of Mark running when arrested made me laugh. Out loud. No idea but yet thought he should run. Dear gawd!

I have some difficulty believing Dylan was murdered over photos that as gross as they are-- wouldn't put MR in prison or anything else ( it's not illegal to have stupid fetishes,as long as no people are being abused, correct?) ?
My .02 at this time is that MR wanted to hurt Dylan's mom in the worst way possible.

Way before there was mention of the photos in the Feb 2013 unedited taping of Dr Phil, I thought the trigger was changing child support. Mark went from an uninvolved parent receiving cs to one who would pay a few bucks a month. Mark was panicking about filling out the Colorado financial affidavits. I'm irritated that the indictment didn't mention that.

It's just to bad they didn't feel they had enough evidence to charge him with first degree murder. Considering how he covered his tracks, he put some thought into his cover-up.

There is a part of me that is amazed Mark is still alive. With as unstable as he was appearing, I would have thought he would have killed himself rather than face all the pressure he was getting, knowing the walls were closing in on him and eventually he'd be caught.
I am certainly no expert...

But...

perhaps LE is presenting a charge of second degree murder that may not need a higher level of evidence as in first degree murder...

therefore... More likely of being found guilty by jury...

Like I said... I am just theorizing here...

JMO...

I cant help but say again there still could be more charges or charges increased. Todays presser seemingly indicated they have much more than we know. I do wonder if more evidence came to light recently. IMO.

I havent followed this case closely until the arrest. Imvho, the damning evidence is MR's statement that the true COD wouldn't be known until Dylans skull was found. Dead giveaway and I don't think there's anyway around it.

I haven't posted on this thread until now because I am getting an Ethan Stacy kind of vibe with this case. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling this case is going to get much much worse as we learn more details.

On another note, imagine how the other inmates will treat MR when they learn of his 'fetish'.

One last thought/question. Did the judge who forced Dylan to go to his dad's ever make a statement about this case? That judge has blood on his or her hands.

That judge...

wonder if he will ever have to make some kind of statement...
In hindsight... Or ???

:judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members