Epic Snow Storm for Mid-Atlantic

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in the suburbs of philly and it's gotten really bad here. I called out of work today and tomorrow. I figured it will take me forever to dig out. I can't wait for summer. Mother nature must be really angry at us.

I think we got another foot, so far, on top of the other feet of snow already in the yard. Below is a pic of my daughter digging us out, about 3 days ago... now there is more snow on top of it. (visual perspective: she is 6ft + and all legs, and even that saw the snow up past her tush)

bliz2.jpg
Great picture Elphaba ! This snow is very wet and heavy, look out back muscles ! I have to get out there soon and greet the shovel again...:sheesh:

Working from home today. There are no signs of the snow stopping. At this rate, I'll be working from home again tomorrow. As Ladybass said above, all of the major roads in eastern PA are being shut down. I-81 is closed from the MD border to I-80. I haven't seen a plow yet today. I know we didn't get the weekend storm near as bad as DC and Philly but... I've had enough. I thought it would at least slow down by now. I can't see my car and the dogs can't pee...

fortunately my employer decided late yesterday afternoon to close for today. Septa will be ceasing all buses at 5pm, (most are already stopped, they have about a 12 routes left). They are still trying to close the Schuylkill (Surekill for some), 476, 676, Roosevelt extension, Roosevelt Blvd closed at 9th St. IIRC, 95 was closed in 1996, waiting to see when they close 95. I have no recollection of the Schuylkill ever being closed.

Elphaba- thanks for the pic. I've never seen that much snow in my life! That makes what we had look like it was nothing at all! I'll post a few pics that we took of the dogs playing in it when I get home... ya'll are gonna laugh at me for thinking that we had a lot of snow!

Earlier today, the Weather Channel said to expect 10-20 inches of snow from this storm. Now it's saying 20-30 inches. The Highway Administration is asking everyone to stay off the roads and are saying only emergency vehicles are allowed on the roads.

Ok today I dont like my job.. everyone else is getting a snow day and I am working like usual.. one downside to telecommuting- cant say to the boss you cant make it to the office.

However thankfuly no PTO for today or tomorrow now that schools are closed again tomorrow. We are just innudated.. over 18 inches now...and still going. And its friggin heavy. Stay safe and warm everyone.

lol gotta love the folks creativity in using the Philadelphia Art Museum steps as a sledding hill..

Oh and BTW, wish we had some weather...I'm not getting a "snow" day!

lol gotta love the folks creativity in using the Philadelphia Art Museum steps as a sledding hill..

That's how we do, OPME you know that.:dance:

On another note and trust me I enjoy complaining here and there, but my heart breaks knowing tonight someone is out there. Out on the street. No place to go.

There's some poor elderly person with nobody to help them. Nobody to shovel. Nobody to go get their medicine.

My DD was pitching a fit she had to go in to work. School was off, but the supermarket stayed open. She's a kid. It's walking distance. When she got home I reminded her we have heat and family. Here she said they closed early and some "old lady" who took a cab the driver just left her there. They called her another cab and last they all saw as they left she was waiting. She needed a ride to THE EL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could I'd scoop up every elderly person, every homeless person, every addict, every suffering prostitute and envelope them in warmth and care. My Dd says "See, I'm not like you Ma I figured that lady will get home somehow". I'd have waited with the poor soul.

Prayers for our police and fire rescue out there as well they keep safe.

We had snow here in North Louisiana today for the third time this winter. More expected tonight and into tomorrow morning. VERY unusual for here.

My daughter lives just outside of D.C. and works there. Unfortuanately, she can do some work from home via computer. She is so ready for spring!

Well we ended up with about 22" on top of the 13" we had a few days before. The piles of snow in front of my house are of "fortress" proportions! We all stayed safe, though, and the baby stayed put in Mommy's belly. "Official" Due Date is Sunday (Valentine's Day), and with no more major storms in sight (just few inches Monday, maybe), we feel a lot better about baby coming any moment!

Good luck to everyone who is still digging out in their areas, and go easy on those back muscles. They don't hurt at first, but when you wake up the next morning...WOW!

When i walk outside the snow comes up above my waist about 3 ft. I don't expect to see my yard again until June!

When i walk outside the snow comes up above my waist about 3 ft. I don't expect to see my yard again until June!

Just a couple of warm days, and you'll be amazed at how fast the snow will melt.

Our entire house and yard is the only place void of sunlight. In front of our house takes forever for snow to melt and our yard takes about 3 weeks for an inch of snow. It's awful. I know it will a while before it's gone.

Well we ended up with about 22" on top of the 13" we had a few days before. The piles of snow in front of my house are of "fortress" proportions! We all stayed safe, though, and the baby stayed put in Mommy's belly. "Official" Due Date is Sunday (Valentine's Day), and with no more major storms in sight (just few inches Monday, maybe), we feel a lot better about baby coming any moment!

Good luck to everyone who is still digging out in their areas, and go easy on those back muscles. They don't hurt at first, but when you wake up the next morning...WOW!

Celt, we were asking about you a few hundred threads back. LOL Seriously we were hoping you didn't go in all that snow.

You worry about your back muscles. LOL We're all fine. I know you guys get plowed in up in the burbs. My brother's Montco way and you shovel out and here comes the plow. On it goes.

Stay safe and keep that baby doll warm. If you go late you're going to have a Pisces. We're lovely people.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I posted the above on Friday morning, and by Friday evening we were at the hospital. By 9:27pm, Friday night, we had a beautiful baby boy in our hands! The little guy held on just long enough for ALL the roads in our area to be clear. Baby and Mommy are both doing great, and we appreciate all of those who kept us in your thoughts and helped him stay put during the 2 big storms this past week.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I posted the above on Friday morning, and by Friday evening we were at the hospital. By 9:27pm, Friday night, we had a beautiful baby boy in our hands! The little guy held on just long enough for ALL the roads in our area to be clear. Baby and Mommy are both doing great, and we appreciate all of those who kept us in your thoughts and helped him stay put during the 2 big storms this past week.

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear he waited until it was safe to travel and happy to know that both mommy and baby are healthy. What a blessing!!! :dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back