FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might get some real information soon. I understand Corey is asking or invoking an exception to the Sunshine Law that information be released even though this is an ongoing investigation to help clear up so much false information spreading.
Quite the opposite.

“At this time, we are asserting an active criminal investigative information records exemption for any documents, videos, or factual information regarding the case,” special prosecutor Angela Corey’s office said in a statement.

Trayvon Martin death investigators to media: Stop asking questions

SANFORD, Florida — A special prosecutor investigating the death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida after being shot by neighbourhood watch captain George Zimmerman invoked an exemption on Thursday that allows authorities to deny the release of otherwise public information to the media.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...investigators-to-media-stop-asking-questions/

We might get some real information soon. I understand Corey is asking or invoking an exception to the Sunshine Law that information be released even though this is an ongoing investigation to help clear up so much false information spreading.

This seems opposite.

Of course I'm not suggesting that. Did I suggest that in my post ? I'm sure you expect it to apply to both TM and GZ.

So to get back to the case... there are those who have suggested... some have even said it flat out... that if TM threw the first punch, GZ is justified in shooting him in self defense. My point is, you need to take the totality of the situation into account. It's been explained in recent posts, if TM threw the first punch it doesn't automatically make him the aggressor, justifying deadly force by GZ. Likewise, the fact that GZ followed TM at some point doesn't necessarily mean that HE was the aggressor in the moments before he fired.

SANFORD, Florida — A special prosecutor investigating the death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida after being shot by neighbourhood watch captain George Zimmerman invoked an exemption on Thursday that allows authorities to deny the release of otherwise public information to the media.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...investigators-to-media-stop-asking-questions/

From your link:

Her order would restrict video such as the surveillance camera images released by the city on Wednesday that showed Zimmerman arriving at the police station in handcuffs the night of the shooting.

Trayvon Martin update: Story is now more covered than presidential race

The Project for Excellence in Journalism says press coverage of the Trayvon Martin case, simmering in social media and some websites for more than a week, exploded on March 17 to become the first story in 2012 featured more than the presidential race on top news outlets.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media...um=feed&utm_campaign=Feed2Fblogs28The+Feed+29

If he made it to the 90-degree turn, he obviously had a very large head start on Zimmerman, who apparently only started following on foot after he said "He's running!"

This would imply that somehow Zimmerman caught up to Martin, even though Martin had how far of a head start? And only made it an additional how far before Zimmerman caught up to him?

Zimmerman must be one fast dude.

Not if he drove down to the "cut through" between the first two buildings and met him coming down the sidewalk. Don't worry, that's my next post.

Who exactly is Cory? Right now I don't trust too much of anyone connected with the city or the state to give us too much of anything pertaining to the whole truth of the matter...IMHO.. Too too many are attempting to cover their rears at this time...JMHO

I thought as long as there was an active investigation the sunshine law did not apply and information did not have to be released??

Who exactly is Cory? Right now I don't trust too much of anyone connected with the city or the state to give us too much of anything pertaining to the whole truth of the matter...IMHO.. Too too many are attempting to cover their rears at this time...JMHO

She would be the special prosecutor assigned to the case by the governor.

Do you think the governor is in on it, as well?

From your link:

Her order would restrict video such as the surveillance camera images released by the city on Wednesday that showed Zimmerman arriving at the police station in handcuffs the night of the shooting.

Yep and considering the Mayor said (in the story I posted earlier) that he wanted it released even though LE didn't, because they had nothing to hide......hmmm Me thinks that's not gonna play so well.

Cory was assigned as lead to this case. Evidently the info I had was wrong, the exception was to deny information be released. Confusing though since I though that during an investigation, sunshine law didn't apply.

But, do you honestly think that the dispatcher is really wanting GZ to follow TM? The vocal inflection that I hear is one like I would use with my grandbaby when she is pulling on a barstool and is about to pull it over on herself. I push down on it and say "You don't want to do that!" because to continue would cause her pain and a knot on the head. If the operator was actually insinuating that he wanted GZ to follow the person, then he is putting himself and the entire city at liability. JMO, MOO, all that stuff.

And what happened to personal responsibility? they're still his choices, he's an adult.

Is GZ really not bright enough to know that it was he who called 911 for help and guidance, that if they say, after you just called them, ok we don't need you to do that, that they're saying it for a good reason and not just to hear themselves talk?

He really needed an official cease and desist demand?

JMHO

I thought as long as there was an active investigation the sunshine law did not apply and information did not have to be released??
Exactly. That is why that release is so confusing, none of the stuff the city released so far or the PD leaked should have been released if there was an active investigation.

Cory was assigned as lead to this case. Evidently the info I had was wrong, the exception was to deny information be released. Confusing though since I though that during an investigation, sunshine law didn't apply.
I think it was more of a message that the leaks needed to stop, and this was her case now. There is an exemption such as you describe, and she's formally stating that they're using that exemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay