FL FL - Andrew Caballeiro, 8 days, missing after 3 women killed, Miami, 28 Jan 2020 *father found dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh good god, that is gruesome. I mean I'm glad that they're doing it and it makes sense, but jesus what a terrible way to go.
A practical necessity, but yes, horrifically gruesome. I'm still holding out hope the baby has been secreted away with a relative of his. I agree with the poster upthread who logically stated he went to alot of trouble to snatch the baby to end up killing him. He could have killed him right there with the others. Thus, I hold out hope.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It's not included in the article but a reporter says in the video that the PI has identified four locations that he hopes investigators will look into.

FEB 5, 2020
Search for Missing Miami-Dade Baby Continues as Funeral Held for Family
The search for a missing Miami-Dade newborn continued Wednesday as family and friends gathered to say their final goodbyes to the baby's murdered mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

Family members of little Andrew Caballeiro made the trip from Cuba to southwest Miami-Dade to attend Wednesday's funeral for three generations of his family.

[...]

On Tuesday, a team of investigators that included Miami-Dade Police searched a canal that runs along a road connecting Tamiami Trail with Interstate 75 north of Everglades City. A dive team reportedly went back out Wednesday but found nothing.

[...]

Meredyth Censullo on Twitter
.@PascoSheriff K9 Phi, with Forensic Investigator Heidi Sievers, are helping search for Andrew Caballero, the 1-week-old baby missing for more than a week. The search is underway in the Everglades.
EQGbMDsXsAA2w0u.jpg

9:49 AM - 6 Feb 2020

So I was telling my husband about this situation earlier. He had an interesting perspective. I told him how he gunned down mom, grand mom and great grand mom. But he left the 9 year old unscathed. I told him he took the baby but killed himself and nobody knows where the baby is. He said “he tossed that baby out the window”. I said yeah but if he had planned on killing himself why didn’t he just kill the baby at the house? He said it did it to hurt the women, have the last word, and that he thinks maybe the mom was cheating/messing around or she even wronged him in some way or something like that. And he didn’t have that deep connection to the baby. He expressed that moms have this connection immediately but for him (we have 3 kids) that he didn’t feel that connection with our kids as infants. Like he loved them and he’d protect them. But his bond didn’t come until they had more of a personality (if that makes sense). He (the killer not my hubby) looked at the baby as an object to hurt the women. He left the daughter unharmed bc at some point he HAD had a connection with her and probably cared for her and didn’t want to hurt her. So interesting opinion from a father and he gave his opinion based on the facts and how he thinks a man could feel.
All this to say he said he’d never do that but he can totally see how that would go down

eta- he said he thinks he tossed the baby in the Everglades.

I will honestly be shocked if they locate this baby. And, not much shocks me anymore. :(
Sadly, your comment has merit. Unless the child is being hidden by a trusted relative or close associate, the chances of finding him are slim at best.

Amateur opinion and speculation

FEB 6, 2020
Investigators pause search for missing Miami newborn

I understand how they suspect alligators and wild hogs, yes, but that is a huge area to search, and are they just going to kill every alligator they find? And, Florida has a ton of alligators (we have a family of gators that live in the retention pond of the local Winn-Dixie, in a neighborhood full of houses). How would they determine if that is the gator? Can you just kill any gator you find, hoping (?) that is the one that got the baby? That just doesn't seem right. And, also someone mentioned wild hogs; it is correct that they will eat anything, and usually nothing is left. And, there are also a ton of wild hogs in Florida. My husband and I see them all the time right on the side of the road, and usually there are several together. And, this is just a local neighborhood. In the Everglades, I can only imagine. And, now thinking, what about those huge snakes in the Everglades? It is too much for my little brain to ponder, and also too just unreal. I just don't understand. I, too, am praying they find the baby, but I don't understand this at all. MOO.

So I was telling my husband about this situation earlier. He had an interesting perspective. I told him how he gunned down mom, grand mom and great grand mom. But he left the 9 year old unscathed. I told him he took the baby but killed himself and nobody knows where the baby is. He said “he tossed that baby out the window”. I said yeah but if he had planned on killing himself why didn’t he just kill the baby at the house? He said it did it to hurt the women, have the last word, and that he thinks maybe the mom was cheating/messing around or she even wronged him in some way or something like that. And he didn’t have that deep connection to the baby. He expressed that moms have this connection immediately but for him (we have 3 kids) that he didn’t feel that connection with our kids as infants. Like he loved them and he’d protect them. But his bond didn’t come until they had more of a personality (if that makes sense). He (the killer not my hubby) looked at the baby as an object to hurt the women. He left the daughter unharmed bc at some point he HAD had a connection with her and probably cared for her and didn’t want to hurt her. So interesting opinion from a father and he gave his opinion based on the facts and how he thinks a man could feel.
All this to say he said he’d never do that but he can totally see how that would go down

eta- he said he thinks he tossed the baby in the Everglades.

I would have thought if he wanted to hurt the women then killing the children and leaving the mother alive would be the way to do it. But then I am speaking as a rational human being, so who knows. I agree there isn't much to be hopeful of here but I am going to keep sending prayers up that he is hidden somewhere safe.

I understand how they suspect alligators and wild hogs, yes, but that is a huge area to search, and are they just going to kill every alligator they find? And, Florida has a ton of alligators (we have a family of gators that live in the retention pond of the local Winn-Dixie, in a neighborhood full of houses). How would they determine if that is the gator? Can you just kill any gator you find, hoping (?) that is the one that got the baby? That just doesn't seem right. And, also someone mentioned wild hogs; it is correct that they will eat anything, and usually nothing is left. And, there are also a ton of wild hogs in Florida. My husband and I see them all the time right on the side of the road, and usually there are several together. And, this is just a local neighborhood. In the Everglades, I can only imagine. And, now thinking, what about those huge snakes in the Everglades? It is too much for my little brain to ponder, and also too just unreal. I just don't understand. I, too, am praying they find the baby, but I don't understand this at all. MOO.

I remember early on mention of a car seat, I assume that, or bits of that and other possible items associated with a baby, is what will lead them to assess wether Andrew was in the area. And if animals are near by then they will then make decisions about culling for evidence. MOO

FIND BABY ANDREW: It’s been 10 days since an #AmberAlert was issued for baby #AndrewCaballeiro. He’s now 13 days old. Today @PascoSheriff’s cadaver dogs are still out searching in Collier County. We’re out here as well and will have the latest on the search at 5 & 6PM @10NewsWTSP

View attachment 230514

Angelina Salcedo on Twitter
Just wanted to note that this was yesterday morning per the timestamp:
  • 10:06 AM · Feb 6, 2020
Hoping we see them out in full force again today. #FindBabyAndrew!

Alligators are very territorial. If they're full, they'll put their next meal in a cove and guard it, not letting any other creature near it. If they're doing necropsies on a specific group, in a specific area, they've got a good reason to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back