GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally off topic but inmates like prison better than jail. more "freedom". although with his charges (harming a baby) who knows.

CB must not have any other charges pending. So now who will come up with $11,500.00 to give to the bail bondsman?

MrsE is entitled to be in denial. She is innocent.

WRE is lucky to have an uncle who will visit him but I doubt he is doing just fine in jail knowing that no matter what he is going to prison when the fun time at county is over.

totally off topic but inmates like prison better than jail. more "freedom". although with his charges (harming a baby) who knows.

I saw a show on t.v. ages ago and can't remember now what it was called, but it said they keep inmates that have committed similar crimes in those same types of groups, and i don't know if that would be the case in all states? Maybe that's why we don't hear too much about certain kinds of criminals getting beat up or killed in prison, although every now and again it does happen that an inmate is killed. And then again maybe we don't hear about it much because those stories don't make it into the news?

I saw a show on t.v. ages ago and can't remember now what it was called, but it said they keep inmates that have committed similar crimes in those same types of groups, and i don't know if that would be the case in all states? Maybe that's why we don't hear too much about certain kinds of criminals getting beat up or killed in prison, although every now and again it does happen that an inmate is killed. And then again maybe we don't hear about it much because those stories don't make it into the news?
I have a friend who formerly worked in a jail, he said the stories about getting beat up/killed for crimes against women and children is all in the movies.

Inmates are protected and it's extremely rare. If they are killed its because they made an enemy on the inside. At least that's true for the jail he worked in but I would think he would be familiar with the industry as a whole.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have a friend who formerly worked in a jail, he said the stories about getting beat up/killed for crimes against women and children is all in the movies.

Inmates are protected and it's extremely rare. If they are killed its because they made an enemy on the inside. At least that's true for the jail he worked in but I would think he would be familiar with the industry as a whole.

Yes your friend would know if he worked in the system. I would think that is right because i would imagine it would be part of a prison guard's job to prevent stuff like that happening, otherwise there could be legal problems with families of inmates that are killed while incarcerated if it was a free for all on the inmates. But sometimes i guess its unpreventable.

yep this is true but sometimes due to overpopulation they mix a bit.

when i worked in jail, the inmates who had already been to prison couldnt wait to go back. if they just had a parole hold or parole violation they were asking "when is the bus?" if they had a local charge pending, they were bummed.

virtually no inmates give two iotas of a crap if you beat or murder your wife. some dont like rapists. most dont like child molesters, though. but they arent constantly getting beat up like ppl want to think. they are in protective custody.

the state could totally get sued as well as the CO's personally if they stand by and let that happen. they have to intervene.

the most common inmate killed in prison is gangsters in a riot, either by shank or by being shot by guards in the tower for not standing down. its not as common as the movies make it sound though.

Yes your friend would know if he worked in the system. I would think that is right because i would imagine it would be part of a prison guard's job to prevent stuff like that happening, otherwise there could be legal problems with families of inmates that are killed while incarcerated if it was a free for all on the inmates. But sometimes i guess its unpreventable.

yep this is true but sometimes due to overpopulation they mix a bit.

when i worked in jail, the inmates who had already been to prison couldnt wait to go back. if they just had a parole hold or parole violation they were asking "when is the bus?" if they had a local charge pending, they were bummed.
Wow... That's disturbing to me. Sad.

in jail, they are supervised more closely. in prison, they arent (unless they are in the hole... not enough officers, and officers there are more seasoned so they choose their battles more wisely.) so they dont get away w much in jail, like drugs, smoking, sex (id venture to say more than half of female inmates are at least gay for the stay) fighting, whatever.

Wow... That's disturbing to me. Sad.

the state could totally get sued as well as the CO's personally if they stand by and let that happen. they have to intervene.

the most common inmate killed in prison is gangsters in a riot, either by shank or by being shot by guards in the tower for not standing down. its not as common as the movies make it sound though.

Yes i would think so.

I wish these people who are defending RE and saying they don't believe LE's version of what happened would tell us what they think happened to Lonzie!! Do they expect us to believe that they believe that there was a kidnapper? I mean, really!!

:bump:
#FINDLONZIE!!!!
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am dumbfounded by the CB bail reduction. Maybe he has to pay child support for the "5 children he has to support". Makes sense to me.

So I guess if he makes bail, it will be on the condition that he stay away from LLB.
And if I understand correctly, CB's lawyer and Judge Aho (?) once worked together, which is why she had to recuse herself and why a new judge was appointed?
And...this new judge seems to think that a guy who has a history of domestic violence and deals and uses drugs can be relied upon to support 5 kids. Wow. I hope it's because he knows something that will be helpful, but I doubt it.

And still no Lonzie. I was hoping there would be some good news on this thread today.

I am dumbfounded by the CB bail reduction. Maybe he has to pay child support for the "5 children he has to support". Makes sense to me.

So I guess if he makes bail, it will be on the condition that he stay away from LLB.
And if I understand correctly, CB's lawyer and Judge Aho (?) once worked together, which is why she had to recuse herself and why a new judge was appointed?
And...this new judge seems to think that a guy who has a history of domestic violence and deals and uses drugs can be relied upon to support 5 kids. Wow. I hope it's because he knows something that will be helpful, but I doubt it.

And still no Lonzie. I was hoping there would be some good news on this thread today.

I know, i can't believe they lowered CB's bond. I wonder where all those other kids came from he has to look after? Thought he only had 3, and Lonzie is missing and Lonzie's sister is in grandma's care, and think he has a grown up child as well, but not sure where i read that? But i seriously don't think anyone will bond him out, and would be surprised if they did. And i don't think CB will be able to pay child support with drug money, so if he does bond out he will have to get a legit job.

i think it was just a routine move. he isnt known to be suspected in Lonzie's case. and 115k isnt anything to sneeze at, and drug case will require a nebbia. i wonder though, why they would reduce his and leave lonna's as is? since they made a point to say their case isnt anything to do w the jax case at all.

I know, i can't believe they lowered CB's bond. I wonder where all those other kids came from he has to look after? Thought he only had 3, and Lonzie is missing and Lonzie's sister is in grandma's care, and think he has a grown up child as well, but not sure where i read that? But i seriously don't think anyone will bond him out, and would be surprised if they did. And i don't think CB will be able to pay child support with drug money, so if he does bond out he will have to get a legit job.

i think it was just a routine move. he isnt known to be suspected in Lonzie's case. and 115k isnt anything to sneeze at, and drug case will require a nebbia. i wonder though, why they would reduce his and leave lonna's as is? since they made a point to say their case isnt anything to do w the jax case at all.

I think maybe because Lonna violated her previous bond conditions and went on to commit a further crime while out on bond?

BBM

--she recused herself from ruben's case, b/c of the conflict between herself and the attorney handling the media motion re: the gag order..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/09/29/judge-borello-takes-over-ebron-case/73045478/

Judge Borello was assigned to the case Tuesday, according to court documents. Judge Aho stepped down after local media outlets filed a motion to intervene in the Ebron case to oppose a proposed gag order sought by the Public Defender's Office.

Ebron's attorneys asked for the gag order, which would block the release of any more public records, including discovery documents, in the case. Afterward, First Coast News, The Florida Times-Union and two other local TV stations sought to keep the case open, citing the public's right to know.

Aho, who previously worked at the same law firm as an attorney for WJXT 4, pointed to her relationship with that attorney, Ed Birk, as the source of a potential conflict.

--CB's case is in baker county, different judge.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/baker-county-judge-drops-chris-bartons-bond-to-115k/35557564
Baker County Judge Mark Mosley lowered Chris Barton's bond after hearing the argument from Assistant Public Defender Julie Johnson that a $950,000 bond is the equivalent of no bond. She added that Barton has five children to support and has no history of running away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader