GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I know that does happen, it sure hurts my heart to read that.

And mine. That poor little guy, it's heartbreaking to imagine what he suffered. He must have been so scared and calling for his Mommy and Daddy too at some point.

If the national press was discussing how I was under scrutiny/investigation and my hubs had already been charged, innocent or guilty I would for sure be consulting a reputable attorney. That's just me tho. Comes from being a WS who also works with lawyers and judges in daily life. My coworkers, bosses and associates in the legal field would surely question my sanity if I did anything other in that circumstance. :D

NG is the only news source that claims "lil sizzlers" was used by Childfree. They made that claim after the site was made private, so how would they even know? There are thousands of comments, so how many said lil sizzlers? Was it just a sick joke by one member?
No, I heard it on a different HLN show than Nancy Grace.

I just may need to give myself a time out from this case. I keep wavering back and forth on whether or not this was intentional or just a horrible tragic accident. I am still torn on LH and whether she was complicit. I don't know what to think or feel about it anymore but I can't stop imagining what little Cooper must have gone through.

What is the "clincher" for you? What has convinced you of RH guilt (or innocence)?

They pretty much had me at the hot car searches, the 40 seconds forgetting time just sealed it for me.

bbm

that's also a term used by gay men to describe heterosexual men........(MOO)

Good to know... though I'm not a gay man or a hetero man. :happydance:

I'm a woman. It's nice to be a member of my favorite sex.

As someone posted up thread, LH seems dead on the inside. Maybe her life was so burdensome with RH's sexual and financial infidelities, a toddler to care for, and full-time work that none of that to deal with right now seems like a relief to her. I don't see her as scheming and manipulative- that requires a lot of energy and life. She looks like a shell of a person- a ghost.

ETA: I think her entire identity hinged on RH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed LittleRose. You put it much better than I did. :)

There is zero evidence this happened. Detective Stoddard said he made three phone calls. One to his wife who he did not reach, one to his office, and a six minute call to the daycare center, room 5. His landlord may well be an insurance agent but we don't even know if that is the same insurance agent who handles Cooper's life insurance policy.
got ya. I see now that he asked family to call the landlord. I knew I hadn't heard that before.

That's what I would assume as well.

Unless (and this is horrific to consider) CH was so obviously deceased that it didn't make sense to call for medical assistance. After all, you don't need an ambulance to drive a dead child to the hospital for an autopsy. This can be done in a car. Maybe?
No, the coroner/ME would transport a dead body in their van for autopsy. It's never done by private car.

FYI, Androgel is contraindicated while trying to conceive. It lowers sperm count.

http://www.androgel.com/questions-about-low-testosterone-and-androgel

I am familiar with MFI (male factor infertility) from my research when going through trying to conceive my 10 month old. Thankfully that was not our issue- but a couple we are good friends with are going through MFI issues right now- her H has LowT which causes low motility sperm. Rather than use androgel (bc it kills sperm) the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) put him on Clomid to fix the testosterone and sperm motility issue (interestingly it's also used to trigger ovulation in females).

So there's my tidbit of information. They would definitely NOT be TTC if he was on androgel. And it would possibly cause issues if she was exposed to it while pregnant.

BTW I'm new here, so, hola! :waves:

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome Kristin!

The Androgel discussion goes back to this thread. See
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...11&p=10726994&highlight=androgel#post10726994.

It was interesting and provocative, I think, especially because we don't know RH's diagnosis- what led to the injections etc. Thoughts in light of linked thread?

At anytime is it reported that LH ask RH 'what happened' or was there an opportunity for her to ask without an observer being present? At this moment, I have her moving from the 'left in the car' statement then seeing RH where she asked 'did you say too much.' If my child were dead, I would want to know what happened as soon as I saw the custodial parent but if I knew what happened that would not be a question; I would naturally move to the most pressing question.

all you have to do is google child free and little sizzlers and you will find chat forums that are about the subject of remaining childless and you will find that term used. The oldest reference using just that search term that I found was 2006. Took all of 30 seconds. I am sure if I looked harder I would find others.

That is not a reddit specific term and reddit did not invent it. Trolls and disgusting "humans" all over the web have been using that and other disgusting terms like "retroactive abortion" to describe child deaths for years.

At anytime is it reported that LH ask RH 'what happened' or was there an opportunity for her to ask without an observer being present? At this moment, I have her moving from the 'left in the car' statement then seeing RH where she asked 'did you say too much.' If my child were dead, I would want to know what happened as soon as I saw the custodial parent but if I knew what happened that would not be a question; I would naturally move to the most pressing question.

It was recorded and videoed as the reunion took place at the police station. That testimony was presented by Det Stoddard during the hearing.

Originally Posted by sunflowerchick
I just may need to give myself a time out from this case. I keep wavering back and forth on whether or not this was intentional or just a horrible tragic accident. I am still torn on LH and whether she was complicit. I don't know what to think or feel about it anymore but I can't stop imagining what little Cooper must have gone through.

What is the "clincher" for you? What has convinced you of RH guilt (or innocence)?

Believe it or not, I'm awaiting trial. But my leanings at this point are pretty strongly that he's guilty of intentional murder, based on the initial collection of damning evidence seen at the hearing. The lying and the omissions are significant; but the 'clincher' for me, personally, is that he got in his car after work and drove off without rolling down the windows, or jumping back out, or investigating the smell. For anyone who's ever smelled death, it is inconceivable that'd he have not had a visceral reaction to the decomp smell already in that 140-degree tight space...and that he'd have driven 5-6 minutes before stopping and opening up his car.

I don't know how it'd be possible, but I wish his jury would have an opportunity to smell the intensity of what he smelled upon entering his car that afternoon. That would make the re-enactment complete, and remove all possibility of doubt, IMO. Hearing and sight might be argued to be partial, but the smell of a 4-hr dead body in a small, heated, enclosed space would be 100% inescapable.

I, too, can't stop thinking of Cooper's suffering...

I'm not convinced LH is involved.

I was convinced of RH's intent to murder his son when I heard:
1. He researched the necessary temp for an animal to die in a hot car, and
2. He returned to the car at noon.

I would have convicted him on those first two facts alone. Every additional detail since has convinced me that he deserves nothing less than the death penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. I think RH and LH had a pet dog as well. I have looked up the amount of time dogs can wait in cars with windows open because we bring our lap dog with us on errands sometimes, and the vet told me to look up temperature resistance by breed. I don't think this alone should mean that much. But that's probably because I'm guilty of doing it. :)

It was recorded and videoed as the reunion took place at the police station. That testimony was presented by Det Stoddard during the hearing.
So LH did ask RH what happened?

Thank-you and Welcome My husband was given Androgel because he had, Low T, not for any other reason, like conception. I'm going to imagine it works for some men. The doctor was giving him the warning about being careful around me, and around children, our kids are grown, so that wasn't an issue. He became more aggressive, and there is a percentage of people that the drug can transfer on, I was one of the lucky people that this happened to. One thing, the smell is great, it is intoxicating. When my youngest daughter would come over, she would comment about the smell as well. I was pretty much smelling it all day, even when the clothes came out of the dryer and I would hang them in the closet, there was the smell. One of the side effects for women is growing excessive body hair, and sure enough that is what happened. I told him he needed to get off of that, it was dangerous. He did, the aggressiveness went away, only to make him a cry baby. I couldn't even look at him the wrong way and there would be tears. I begged him to go back on it, because the crying stuff was really bad. He used it again for a short period, went back to the doctor, and then that was it for the Androgel. I was really afraid that I was going to wake up with a mustache. It wouldn't surprise me, if Ross was using this at the time of Cooper's death, the defense will go with Androgel use. No way do I believe it would make you kill someone, but it really messes with the hormones. And it is dangerous around pregnant women, and IMO dangerous, period.

Super interesting info, Leah. Thank you for sharing. :)

If the national press was discussing how I was under scrutiny/investigation and my hubs had already been charged, innocent or guilty I would for sure be consulting a reputable attorney. That's just me tho. Comes from being a WS who also works with lawyers and judges in daily life. My coworkers, bosses and associates in the legal field would surely question my sanity if I did anything other in that circumstance. :D

I agree with what you said tlcya and what this Marietta attorney said about Leanna getting a lawyer.

Joel Pugh, a Marietta attorney, said there are a number of reasons Leanna Harris would hire her own attorney at this point in the process.

“It could be as simple as her not wanting to talk to anybody and telling them to go through her attorney. It could be they have evidence that implicates her,” Pugh said. “It could be anywhere between those two extremes.”
No matter what, it's a good idea for her to get a lawyer at this point. And it's definitely not proof of guilt. JMO.

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/25423857-Source-Leanna-Harris-hires-a-criminal-defense-lawyer

I do not have a spare $20,000 or so ,to start , lying around. I wonder what LH is going to use for money ?

I don't like him either. His face makes me want to just take my garden hose and shoot it at him or shave like a huge line down the middle of his stupid hair.

Sent from my iPhone

:laugh: LOL I've been trying SO HARD not to make fun of his looks but that hair HAS TO GO!!! :doh: I don't know if he or his lawyers tried to make him look sweet and innocence but it FAILED!!!!

I do not have a spare $20,000 or so to start lying around. I wonder what LH is going to use for money ?

Maybe her lawyer is working pro bono. That's not uncommon in a high profile case like this. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper