GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me all they would need is a warrant. After all, look at the case of Wynonna's soon to be ex. They yanked D.R.Roach right out of Shades of Hope here in Abilene, Texas with a Tenessee warrant for sexual abuse of a child under age 13. Seems to me GBI could find a way to get to him if they really want to. At this point, they know he won't be telling them the truth no matter what they ask him, so I'm betting they would rather have a body before they drag him outta there. Hope security is good wherever he is. If GBI wants to be sure no one helps Sam "slip away" I hope they have a real LEO on that hospital 24/7 instead of leaving it up to hospital security!

Susan

Good morning TGIR,

By inaccessible, I meant as far as interviews or interrogations being worth much that would stand up in court. Especially if he is indeed in a mental faciliity as has been mentioned. If he's under the influence of medications, his statements could and most likely would be chucked out the window in short time. They'd be better off waiting....

JMO

DD

Sounds familiar...Mark Hacking tactic.

Hey RC! :blowkiss:

Yes, indeed....

I'm speculating only, but SP would be more knowledgeable because of his background to know about this "opportunity" and knowing that it could give him more time.

MOO,

DD

DD - What's your take on Wicket's theory of burning evidence amongst the leaves? If the residue was collected, they would be able to figure this out with analysis right? TIA

Good morning Utopia,

I'll be honest that evidence lab testing is not a strength of mine (RC can vouch for that, LOL)...but I can walk over and ask my Crime Lab connections, no problem.

But the little bit I do know, it sounds reasonable to me. However, I would think they'd want to have pretty good reason to believe something critical was in that debris pile, due to the costs involved of sending a lot of samples to the lab for testing.

DD

Hey RC! :blowkiss:

Yes, indeed....

I'm speculating only, but SP would be more knowledgeable because of his background to know about this "opportunity" and knowing that it could give him more time.

MOO,

DD

DD,

Good morning luv ! Hope all is well in your world ! ;)

If this fellow has admitted himself to hospital, it could also help to establish a line of defense if he is indeed involved. Given his occupation, he would also be aware of that aspect as well I would think. Possible sympathy grabber as well. Will be watching for news this morning, somehow hoping that some inkling of what was false in Chaffin's (sp) statement may come out today.

Have a good day all.

RC

DD,

Good morning luv ! Hope all is well in your world ! ;)

If this fellow has admitted himself to hospital, it could also help to establish a line of defense if he is indeed involved. Given his occupation, he would also be aware of that aspect as well I would think. Possible sympathy grabber as well. Will be watching for news this morning, somehow hoping that some inkling of what was false in Chaffin's (sp) statement may come out today.

Have a good day all.

RC

RC,

Agree on all your counts! So glad you're finally back with us....

I'm with you re the false statement...they're being so tight-lipped about what it was, I hope it becomes public today in court (if it doesn't hinder their on-going investigations) because, dang, inquiring minds wanna know! :D

DD

On the local news channel Tuesday night David Ashburn who is the director of emegency services was answering questions from the locals (via phone) about the ponds, etc. Callers are on the air too. During the show, Theresa's younger sister, Christina called in to the show and was on the phone for about 30min. She told the listeners that she had called the non emergency 911 number to have a deputy go out and check on her sister in the early a.m. hours Thursday. The deputy did and this is what she said, "the deputy went by the house around 6:00a.m. and found Sam Parker's truck in the driveway, but Theresa's car was not there. An hour or two later the deputy went back by the house and found Thersa's car in the driveway and Sam's truck was gone".

I'm thinking since she called the non-emergency number to 911 there may not have been documentation of this - I don't know. They can still use the testimony of the officer who drove by but I'm sure there are certain protocols they have to follow especially since what he saw would be important to the investigation. Then again, there could have been documentation of it and they didn't want SP to know about it. Anyway, I'm wandering what Ben (cop that was arrested) did during the day on Thursday while Sam was fishing? While Sam was fishing was his cop/friend disposing of the body???? I do know Sam and Ben are very very good friends. Could be they are trying to put pressure on Sam to confess? ~ JMO If Theresa was murdered I don't think Ben had anything to do with that. I do believe Sam involved him in someway. I do know Ben took a lie detector test and was told the results "were not good". What the false statements were?...I don't know.

local news channel http://www.uctv3.com/index.html there aren't any transcripts but you can get an idea from the website what the channel offers the local viewers.

nrthgamom,

Thank you! I just finished PM'ing with another poster here, about how it is nice to get insight from the locals, etc. It helps!

DD

P.S. I have no idea how that agency's communications dept. works, but at least at ours, you are correct - the non-emergency line is not recorded (911 is). However, the operators are required to do manual entries of all calls taken, etc. At that early point in the situation, I don't see why the operator would not have logged it. But again, don't know the procedures at that agency, so JMO.

nrthgamom,

Thank you! I just finished PM'ing with another poster here, about how it is nice to get insight from the locals, etc. It helps!

DD

P.S. I have no idea how that agency's communications dept. works, but at least at ours, you are correct - the non-emergency line is not recorded (911 is). However, the operators are required to do manual entries of all calls taken, etc. At that early point in the situation, I don't see why the operator would not have logged it. But again, don't know the procedures at that agency, so JMO.

Do you think that they couldn't release that info in the beginning since obviously it is pertinent information about the case?

your welcome DD. I don't have a lot of time, but I try to keep ws updated. All of the posters here at ws are so kind, and the care and concern that's felt through each of your posts is felt here in North Ga. I just love this place!

Yea Less, it makes sense, but would that be serious enough to arrest him?

Lying to investigators during an investigation is a very serious matter - multiply that by a gazillion when a law enforcement officer lies to investigators during an investigation -and yep, that is definately serious enough to arrest him.

Our police lines are recorded for every single call on every line - in or out going calls.

Do you think that they couldn't release that info in the beginning since obviously it is pertinent information about the case?

I could understand why they wouldn't want to release that detail.

Christina called in to the show and was on the phone for about 30min. She told the listeners that she had called the non emergency 911 number to have a deputy go out and check on her sister in the early a.m. hours Thursday.

Poor Christina, my heart goes out to her. She obviously had a sense that something was wrong probably right from the mysterious phone call from the Parker house. She did everything she could possibly have done.:(

On the local news channel Tuesday night David Ashburn who is the director of emegency services was answering questions from the locals (via phone) about the ponds, etc. Callers are on the air too. During the show, Theresa's younger sister, Christina called in to the show and was on the phone for about 30min. She told the listeners that she had called the non emergency 911 number to have a deputy go out and check on her sister in the early a.m. hours Thursday. The deputy did and this is what she said, "the deputy went by the house around 6:00a.m. and found Sam Parker's truck in the driveway, but Theresa's car was not there. An hour or two later the deputy went back by the house and found Thersa's car in the driveway and Sam's truck was gone".

I'm thinking since she called the non-emergency number to 911 there may not have been documentation of this - I don't know. They can still use the testimony of the officer who drove by but I'm sure there are certain protocols they have to follow especially since what he saw would be important to the investigation. Then again, there could have been documentation of it and they didn't want SP to know about it. Anyway, I'm wandering what Ben (cop that was arrested) did during the day on Thursday while Sam was fishing? While Sam was fishing was his cop/friend disposing of the body???? I do know Sam and Ben are very very good friends. Could be they are trying to put pressure on Sam to confess? ~ JMO If Theresa was murdered I don't think Ben had anything to do with that. I do believe Sam involved him in someway. I do know Ben took a lie detector test and was told the results "were not good". What the false statements were?...I don't know.

local news channel http://www.uctv3.com/index.html there aren't any transcripts but you can get an idea from the website what the channel offers the local viewers.

I wonder if the officer who has been arrested (Ben) is the one who did the welfare check on Theresa's house. Maybe he was untruthful about what he saw. Since Ben is such good buddies with Sam , he had to be surprised to find his vehicle there when he knew the call for the welfare check came from Theresa's sister and Sam was no longer staying there. He had to know that Sam had been unstable and violent with Theresa in the past. So if it was Ben who checked he surely should have knocked on the door or called his friend Sam on the cell to see what was up!

Susan

Ben Chaffin waives right to first appearance hearing, and bond set at $5,000.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...pnpID=730&NewsID=796356&CategoryID=18845&on=1

So that means the DA won't have to reveal for the public record what Ben alledgedly lied about, right DeputyDawg? What else would Ben stand to gain by waiving the hearing? 5,000 sure is a low bail. I wonder if Ben wants out or if he might be afraid to bail out?

If I understand the hierarchy of "the blue wall" thing, some other cops would be more likely to want to protect Ben than to avenge Theresa. Only speculation of course!

Susan

Her sister said she asked the county (sheriff's dept) to do a welfare check. Her husband works for the city of LaFayette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member