George and Krystal Holloway/River Cruz *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think GA may have said to RC/KH that he "believed" that there was an accident and that his daughter may have done something to cover it up. GA knew his daughter had lied about things previously and also knew his daughter's behavior and her character. Imo, I think the man was hypothectically trying to figure out what had happened to his granddaughter and given the evidence it was all pointing to ICA having something to do with her disappearance. I think he knew that ICA was involved but didn't think she would have done anything intentionally to harm her daughter(Or didn't want to think of that possibility) and was just trying to rationalize it as an accident of some sort. Imo, I find it really hard to believe that if GA actually stated that he knew for sure that there was accident that she would not ask any questions about it. RC stated that she didn't ellaborate on what he said. I find it strikingly odd that RC who was supposedly in an intimate relationship with GA, had seen the efforts that he has done to locate his granddaughter, also RC herself had helped in the search for her would just sit there and not ask any questions about a statement that GA supposedly said. That does not sound realistic to me or make any sense. Why wouldn't she ask any questions or want to know how he knew this. I think I would feel betrayed given that all these people including GA and RC had been searching and then he admits it was basically all a lie and that he knows the truth. No logic there imo. As far as the affair goes, he may of had an affair with her, but his personal life really doesn't have anything to do with what happened to his granddaughter unless her statement shows that he knew the truth. Imo, I think she is lying.

I don't know if this has been stated already....

I don't trust anyone who has two names. That's all I have to say about that.

I'm disgusted by Krystal Holloway's testimony. :razz:Although she probably lied and had an affair with George (can't see why she would lie to say she did if they didn't), she clearly is trying to spin for the defense when she has NO direct knowledge that George knew it was an accident, only that that's what he thought or told her at the time... She's talking out of both sides of her mouth, even when Jeff Ashton catches her directly in a contradiction, and she doesn't deny she took $4,000 from the National Enquirer, even if it was her sister who sold the story. (And that's another good laugh- The National Enquirer- the most unbiased to tell her story???)
She's another one like Laura Buchanan and Joy Wray who injected herself into the case for fame and attention!

I don't know if this has been stated already....

I don't trust anyone who has two names. That's all I have to say about that.
And her reasons for choosing River Cruz as an alias were obviously phony too! The first time I heard that name, I thought, "what a bimbo!" Sound just like River Cruise. Her sister's alias is Skye Cruz, why not Ocean Cruise???

She seems delusional to me. I think her and ICA would've made good friends. They could've lived in fantasyland together.

Krystal Holloway's testimony clearly strengthened DT's theory.

If the jury believes her. Personally, she didn't seem believable to me. When JA had her read back the transcripts of her depo, she sounded like she was crying, but yet the whites of her eyes were still white, her nose didn't turn red, and as soon as she was done speaking, she was fine. Maybe I'm wrong about her crying, maybe she was just nervous, but she seemed totally fake to me. Did anyone ask her about her alleged brain tumor? I just wonder if that is real.

I don't care who he had an affair with either but it does bring GA credibility into question and that is what Crystal's testimony was designed to do. It leads to reasonable doubt.

The only thing I doubt is that George ever had an sexual relationship with that woman.

I think George purposely lied about Crystal so his testimony would be impeached. The defense won. And the Anthonys stuck by ICA. I am so mad I probably sound stupid but that is what I believe. They JB and the A's purposely muddied the water to save ICA's butt. MHOO

"Impeaching testimony" only means that some element of the testimony is contradicted. Whether a contradiction means the entire testimony should be discarded is up to the jury.

If I were a juror, I wouldn't assume someone was a chronic liar just because he denied having an affair. I think that's a pretty common lie for even basically honest people. (Yes, I thought the same about President Clinton.)

In fact, until the advent of our tabloid/tell-all culture, a gentleman was expected to lie about philandering.

I don't care who he had an affair with either but it does bring GA credibility into question and that is what Crystal's testimony was designed to do. It leads to reasonable doubt.

I disagree. I don't think the jury gives two hoots about whether George had an affair and they probably think River/Krystal is the liar, especially since she told police an entirely different story in her deposition and changed the story for the National Enquirer. Either way, no matter who is lying about the affair, it doesn't change the events surrounding Caylee's death and has definitely does not lead to reasonable doubt. George is not the only one who gave testimony that was damaging for Casey and his having or not having an affair months after Caylee disappeared is not going to be relevant to the jury, IMO.

the part that was hard for me to believe was when RC said GA made the statement she didn't pursue it further. it's hard to imagine not asking your lover for further clarification on that topic. i could be wrong it just seems like a weird thing for that subject to be left hanging.
then again, if she was playing GA for reaction by saying "i cant believe you could have raised someone to do something like that" or whatever she said I could see GA wanting to defend his family.
I dont know. so many lies in this trial its hard to even try to extrapolate the truth. everyone is so afraid of being implicated somehow the truth lays dormant. im going to hope jury sticks to the facts of the case and not the hearsay and innuendo.

He had no sexual relationship with her but texted her "I need you in my life"?

I never had sexual contact with a female friend of mine and I have told her on countless occasions that I needed her in my life.

I never had sexual contact with a female friend of mine and I have told her on countless occasions that I needed her in my life.

I believe George did feel that he needed River in his life at that time and don't see what's wrong with him saying so. She's probably the only person he felt he could talk to without being judged or attacked. Too bad he was so naive that he couldn't see she was setting him up.

Didn't she tell the police that she absolutely did NOT have an affair or sexual relationship with George and she could take a polygraph to prove it?
I think they need to charge her with giving false statements. Regardless of whether or not it's relevant to Caylee's death, she lied - either to the cops or to the jury.

I'm disgusted by Krystal Holloway's testimony. :razz:Although she probably lied and had an affair with George (can't see why she would lie to say she did if they didn't), she clearly is trying to spin for the defense when she has NO direct knowledge that George knew it was an accident, only that that's what he thought or told her at the time... She's talking out of both sides of her mouth, even when Jeff Ashton catches her directly in a contradiction, and she doesn't deny she took $4,000 from the National Enquirer, even if it was her sister who sold the story. (And that's another good laugh- The National Enquirer- the most unbiased to tell her story???)
She's another one like Laura Buchanan and Joy Wray who injected herself into the case for fame and attention!

My dear husband today opined that "this case is like a sticky-trap for crazies!" :crazy:

If I were on the jury - Krystal / River's having or not having an affair with GA would mean nothing to me. Also, I got the impression that Krystal / River wasn't an impartial witness - I felt as though she WANTED only to leave the impression that GA said Caylee's death was an accident that snowballed out of control. Krystal / River was hostile towards the prosecution - which if her intention was to be a witness relaying the information she knows - Krystal River would not have the need to breath heavily into the microphone & behave put out by the prosecutions questions. If Krystal / River's motivation was pure she would have just read the statements she made to the police earlier -- reading her statements shouldn't have been an issue that caused her to have a hissy fit on the stand - if her motivation is to be a witness who is relaying the information she has.

Bottom line: If I was on the jury I would have come to the conclusion that Krystal River attached herself to GA after she heard about him on the news with the hopes to get involved in the case. I would come to the conclusion that she isn't interested in simply telling what she knows - she wants to make it sound like GA said something he didn't. I would think Krystal River took advantage of GA's vulnerable state of mind and wanted to be in the news too. Also, during her testimony today she said that she didn't say anything about her affair with GA for years until the police came to her door -- why would she still have the text message GA sent her for years if Krystal River never wanted any of this attention.

I think Krystal River to use JB words to describe the meter reader - is a morally bankrupt person. She went after GA b/c she wanted to get involved with this case. If she never wanted to be involved she wouldn't have saved the text message & she never would have had to tell anyone that her relationship with GA was sexual (if it was).

If I was on the jury Krystal River would have irritated me & I wouldn't understand why she had such a hostile reaction to the prosecution asking her to read her entire statement.

The entire statement she made is needed b/c the part she wanted to convey & kept repeating made it sound as though GA said he was involved with the death of Caylee which was an accident that snowballed out of control. Krystal River's statement when read completely makes it clear - I don't know if GA ever said anything to Krystal River - but when she started running her mouth she said GA said that it had to be an accident that he couldn't believe his daughter could kill her daughter. Krystal River never said GA told her Caylee's death was an accident & he was somehow involved. So - it was important that Krystal River's entire statement was read so the jury could understand what this lady originally said GA told her.

Again, if I were on the jury Krystal River would have come across as a person who wanted to be involved in this case & wasn't interested in the truth.

Although they did not get to bring it out in testimony, what made me think River Cruz is a liar was the part about the money that she says she gave to George. To police, she said she gave him "almost $4,000" during the time of their relationship. In increments of as much as $1200 at one time.

Now, to me, that would indicate a person who must have quite a bit of money - to be able to give that much away to someone else. Then she turns around and sells her story for a paltry $4,000? That does not make sense.

I also think George was extremely depressed at that time (and seems to still be). Lack of libido is very common among people who are extremely depressed.

And, yes, I think George is/was screwed up enough and needy enough to be having an "emotional relationship" with a woman who was showing him some attention.

Not that I think it makes much of a difference whether there was a sexual component to their relationship or not. I just think there IS possibility that it was not.

I also don't think it is all that significant if he did say that. I can see him saying it because he did not want to believe that Casey deliberately murdered Caylee. It only became a "problem" after the defense started to accuse George of being involved.

Many people lie when initially questioned about affairs, even when being questioned by police. I found KH believable and apparently, the police believed the affair happened also. However, I don't believe GA was involved in a coverup of Caylee's death, just doesn't make sense on any level. It does seem possible that Casey found Caylee drowned in the pool and then covered it up, fearing how her mother would react.

imo there's little doubt ga had an affair with kh, and he chose to lie about it as many men do when in that sort of sitch. further, i think he felt the jury would believe him given kh's apparent checkered past, his word vs hers. but having said that, i just don't get what's so unclear or possibly damaging about his accident/snowball statement - imo it's more than obvious that he simply said that it must have been an accident that snowballed, not that he knew it was an accident. in fact that's how the cops who took kh's deposition understood it. i think it just became painfully obvious to ga that casey was responsible for caylee's death but he still could not bring himself to believe that she actually murdered her, so he was left with "it must have been an accident"...

Bolding is mine.

I agree....I don't believe it matters if George did, or did not, have an affair with this woman.

What matters, in my opinion: Is George's statement about what he "believed or thought" about what MAY HAVE HAPPENED to Caylee.
George never said "he knew" it was an accident that snowballed out of control. He simply stated what he thought may have happened.

It's been proven over and over throughout this trial that the Anthony family is dysfunctional with a CAPITAL "D" - so, George may have had any affair with Krystal/River.
But, that doesn't change this woman's statement -- She never stated that George KNEW Caylee's death was "any accident that snowballed out of control."
In my opinion, Krystal/River's statement is what's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand