George Anthony Demanding Justice After Violent Confrontation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just want your opinion--if the 'protestors' (i use that loosely in this case) were taunting them the way we see in the video were doing it from the sidewalk, is that okay? (not legally okay, i mean okay to you.)

(sorry if you've made that point before, this thread is exploding, lol)

No, I don't agree with the manner of their protesting.

I also don't want to generalize all the people protesting in front of that house

I think they have the right to do so but I personally don't agree with it.

There was no imminent danger to George, his family or his property. He should have called 911 & waited for LE to show up.

That is the LAW

They did call LE and LE told them to stay in the house. They did not stay in the house as instructed to do. They needed to go out stir up the ruckus, come back in the house and then go back out to stir up some more.
Maybe the book deal has a tye to how many times they can get the mugs on TV.
Imagine Caylee looking down the hurt of knowing she is nothing more than a dollar sign.

Yes, it really is. No one can put their hands on you in any manner without your permission. I remember a NY case where a man took hold of a young teenager's arm because a bus was coming by fast and they arrested him for assault because he had no permission to touch her. I thought that was so stupid in that case.

These people really do need to think about the chances they are taking. Didn't some come up and rap on his front door and then the things that they were throwing at the window they could have thought were shots being fired.

Florida has enacted a rather new law.

Excerpt:
Florida Statute 776.013 states that a person defending their home or occupied vehicle from an "unlawful" forceful entry or attempted forceful entry by another may use deadly force to stop the invasion or attempted invasion of the property. In such instances they need not retreat before using deadly force, they need not warn the intruder of their intent to shoot, and there is an absolute presumption that the person attempting the entry was doing so with the intent to commit a violent act (i.e. "forcible felony"), and that the defender is presumed to be acting in reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself. In other words – no arrest or prosecution is technically "legal" if someone without a right of entry or ownership is trying to break in, and you shoot them. In theory – the police and prosecution cannot try to show your fear was unreasonable, or that the intent of the assailant was not to do you or a family member severe injury. Of course, there are some limitations to this statute. The statute states that in order to take advantage of its protections you can’t be engaged in unlawful activity when the incident occurs, the defender must be aware that someone has broken into the house or occupied vehicle, or is attempting to do so, and the person entering the home or occupied vehicle does not have a right or invitation to do so. Anyone legally in the home or occupied vehicle may protect it.
I personally dislike the entire Anthony clan but someone is going to get hurt and no matter if we like it or not like the policeman said the Anthonys have a right to protect themselves.

These are the Jerry Springers of the nighttime, imo. They just like to bluster when they know the media is there or the webcam is going to see them.

imo
Bolded areas do not apply in this case. HLN had the facts wrong. Go warch the unedited video at the beginning of this threrad. Shows a lot more. George wasn't defending jack. He was taunting protesters to get them on his property so he could use the bat on them. That didn't work, so he turned the hose on the protesters who were on public property - Not George's, no matter what he wants to think.

No, I don't agree with the manner of their protesting.

I also don't want to generalize all the people protesting in front of that house

I think they have the right to do so but I personally don't agree with it.

oh, i definitely agree with you there. the right to protest is one thing, i might not personally do it, but i do understand the right to. those that do it the correct way, no problems here. thanks for answering me like an adult.:woohoo:

OMG, I just watched the raw video with audio. Those poor neighbors having to put up with that in the middle of the night. The protesters were complete asses. At least one of them needs to be arrested for making threats of violence.

I've seen it. There were no where close to 12 or 14 calls and most of them had nothing to do with fighting at all.

Oh really... what were they for? Stopping in for coffee? Oh...must have been for a quickie with Casey...

That was no girl....that was a punk chick with no brains.

And grabbing his shirt was the same as GA and the old lady and the sign.

Where have I heard this word before ...............hmmmm:waitasec:

Oh yeah Casey in the 911 call duh what's the matter with me :rolleyes:

Well yes it could be the same thing except the "girl" was maybe 20 the elderly lady was more like 70. Obviously no repect in that household.
Oh there is plenty of respect, if you agree completed with the Anthonys. If you disagree in the slightest bit, you are disrespected - not allowed at a prayer vigil for Caylee if you think bad of Casey. So let's call it what it is - a prayer vigil for Casey. It has jack to do with Caylee.

okay. and the same LE is investigating caylee's diappearance, and yet...well, i doubt i have to finish the rest.

agree to disagree, i suppose.:)
DETECTIVES are investigating caylee, not beat cops.

Oh really... what were they for? Stopping in for coffee? Oh...must have been for a quickie with Casey...

I recall that at least one was a call for medical assistance. There were also calls to report a robbery. One for disturbing the peace. One for a domestic disturbance. Nothing about coffee or Casey.

Images | Raw Video | Protesters Talk | Deputies Arrive | Incident Report (PDF)
911 CALLS: Casey, Cindy Anthony Call Police About Violent Protesters
READ: George Anthony's Letter Asking Community For Help (PDF)

Links found here:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17497948/detail.html

I believe George said over and over again he knew who these people were and they were being watched. So why does he need help now? His own words are going to bite him just like Casey's bit her.

And Yes

if a protester approached George in a threatening manner he would have the right to defend himself but I didn't see that in the video I watched
Hasn't Cindy stuck her fingers in many protesters' faces? That family points EVERYWHERE but where they need to point - at the last person to see Caylee alive - i.e., their daughter. Why won't they do that?

That reminds me of the Texas case. The police told him several times to stay in his house when he saw his neighbors house being robbed. He paid no mine and as the two unarmed burglars were running away with their backs toward him he killed them both.

It was ruled justifiable homicide due to the Castle law and Florida also has such law that a person can protect themselves and property.
So you are telling George it's OK for him to shoot the protesters? They aren't burglars. Completely different scenario.

I have YET to see the Anthonys come out and calmly and nicely ask anyone to do anything. They demand and threaten. moo

There's no evidence that any of the protesters have missing children and failed to call the police for over a month. There's no evi9dence that any of the protesters stole anything from anyone else. There's no evidence that any of the protesters lied repeatedly to the police about virtual everything while the police were attempting to find said missing child.

That's what makes them different.

The protesters taunt the Anthony's, the Anthony's taunt the protesters. Seems like a win win for both sides! The only people caught in the middle are the neighbors. Could the HOA boot the Anthony's out? Problem solved! Well, until they decide destroy the lives of their new neighbors. I can't think of one community in America that would welcome them.

Bolded areas do not apply in this case. HLN had the facts wrong. Go warch the unedited video at the beginning of this threrad. Shows a lot more. George wasn't defending jack. He was taunting protesters to get them on his property so he could use the bat on them. That didn't work, so he turned the hose on the protesters who were on public property - Not George's, no matter what he wants to think.
have you seen the unedited video of what the protester's were doing before GA and CA went out there????nope----cause we don't know as it wasn't taped that we have seen!!so we don't know what they were doing to GA's house!!he may have felt threatened and that is why they went out there to protect HIS home!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back