George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...and it's bizarre that she claims she didn't call him back the next day. Was fighting that routine for TM that she just thought nothing of it?

I don't know if it was routine for him or not but when she said, "I thought it was just a fight," (emphasis mine) it struck me as sounding like, at least to her, that was somewhat unremarkable.

I agree! As a high school teacher I see this attitude of adults toward teenagers as "the soft bigotry of low expectations". I refuse to just relax and accept it! jmo

good for you - I was the same way when I taught elem school. I told my students that we ALL were going to respect one another and be polite. that manners were invented so people who did not agree or like one another could work together.

The defense needs to cut DeeDee loose now. I feel for her, I don't blame her for being so FRUSTRATED answering all these questions over and over again. I'm losing respect for the defense.

The Defense attorney should be able to play the audio tape of the interview statement in question. MOO

And Zimmerman had more than enough time to go back to his truck. Which he didn't do.

Not if he was walking back to his truck.

IMO

read the police reports and his written statement where he says Trayvon came out from the left and attacked him.

I don't know if it was routine for him or not but when she said, "I thought it was just a fight," (emphasis mine) it struck me as sounding like, at least to her, that was somewhat unremarkable.

Well that says a lot doesn't it? imo

I am curious as to how she was able to remember her conversation with Trayvon in what appears to be remarkable detail, including wet grass moving, and all the things he was saying. And that after quite some time passed.

It is probably different for everyone, some may block things out because of trauma, some may not.

If I was on the phone with a friend who was murdered, I think it would be burned into my memory forever. That is just me though.

I realize she didn't know while ON the phone he was killed, but she found out a day or 2 later, so I would think recall would still be in tact.

Except she had no idea he was killed at that time.

Sorry. I remember conversations I had 2 days ago. Maybe some people have better memories than others.

But if I found out the conversation I had 2 days ago, the person I was on the phone with had died, I would be able to recall it with close to 95% accuracy - both what I said, and what he/she said.

I just would. But I have a good memory.

I would say this girl does to, based on her recollection of actual dates and correcting Mr. West about dates yesterday.

That's my perception of this witness.

The defense needs to cut DeeDee loose now. I feel for her, I don't blame her for being so FRUSTRATED answering all these questions over and over again. I'm losing respect for the defense.

Why? I know you already have your mind made up, but I don't. In my opinion, as stated before, I honestly think that West is repeating the same questions just to make sure she understands the questions he has asked. He is also trying to understand her answers.

He is also trying to impeach her, which requires West to ask questions again, in order to hear her answers.

This witness needs to stop ordering the Defense attorney what to do. She's a witness. She needs to answer the questions posed & drop the attitude. MOO

Possibly because they thought she was 16 and her Mother lives in Haiti. Just a guess on my part because I don't know.

Then why wouldn't they have a lawyer or children's advocate or somebody else in a similar position accompany her to the state's office?

I do not understand why the state would put themselves in a position where they are now with this witness. Taking a deposition at the victim's home while sitting beside the victim's crying mother is just asking for trouble with credibility.

I don't get it.

I totally disagree, he shot an unarmed young person to death. He cost the HOA a million dollars, which means the people who live there fees will go up. He was only a neighborhood watch person. His job was to watch not follow or take the law into his own hands. He had certain rules to follow and chose not to follow them. I know I don't want a neighborhood hood watch person who's going to shoot people walking home minding their own business, in my neighborhood. I'm glad we have police patrolling our neighborhood daily and the worst thing that's happened here is some teens broke into vacant houses and made holes in the walls. Costing the home owners thousands. The HOA has kicked those families out.

You can believe whatever you want. Seems you feel it was okay that GZ was being viciously attacked (eyes blacken, nose broken, repeated getting his head slammed against the concrete). Yeah, he had no right to defend himself!! And since TM had him pinned down on the ground, George did not have the option of running away. You make it sound like TM was shot merely because he was walking home minding his own business. Not so. This incident never would have happened if TM didn’t physically attack GZ.

Let's hear the recording. Although it may not be clear no matter how many times it is heard....

Don't know, but did I read earlier that she cannot read cursive handwriting? I think that is learned in 2nd or 3rd grade.

Not anymore. Many schools are dropping it from the curriculum

It seems like the witness is running the courtroom.

OK...even I KNOW these are the rules regarding evidence.

How is it Mr. West doesn't know that??

I read somewhere he has 30 years of trial experience! WTH???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm