Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly conclusive evidence. He could say that they weren't his and were already there when he moved in.
They were still in his possession and not a figment of anyone's imagination.

CB cannot deny ever being in possession of a video recorder and tapes at that period in time because the witness saw them.
CB doesn't need to and wont, it's the onus of the prosecution to prove it existed, it's not known where it is?

CB cannot deny ever being in possession of a video recorder and tapes at that period in time because the witness saw them.

But she didn't see what was on them! Owning a video recorder and tapes is not a crime. Her testimony is absolutely pointless and worthless in a court of law and I'm absolutely astonished that it's being indulged and seen as somehow significant.

Look, I'm not defending CB here, I believe that HeB saw what he saw on the tapes he looked at. As dubious as he is, I do believe that he's telling the truth here. I also believe there's a good chance that CB is likely guilty of the HaB rape.

What I will not ever get on board with is the likes of these most recent witnesses being seen as either credible or worthy of attention. The calibre of witness to date in this trial is not reflecting at all well on the prosecution. All this time and all this manpower, and all they've come up with is this 'I heard this, I heard he said that, he looked dodgy, I feared he might rape me but he never did' clownshow?

It's farcical and insulting to any thinking person's intelligence.

Last edited:
basically its accusing HB of being a liar

Also Edgar denying he was ever in contact with him

They also want the bar owner in court
My opinion is that the defence seem to be far more interested in the evidence the prosecution holds in the MM case and appears to have little interest except disruption in the five cases which have presently brought CB to court. Highly suspicious since he has been charged with the five and nothing else.

My opinion is that the defence seem to be far more interested in the evidence the prosecution holds in the MM case and appears to have little interest except disruption in the five cases which have presently brought CB to court. Highly suspicious since he has been charged with the five and nothing else.
tbh what I have seen so far the trial does not even remotely impress me and makes me wonder if the MM evidence is as bad

Well not really. People can own what they own, regardless of where they live. But that's not the point. It doesn't matter what she saw or what he owns.

The point is that absolutely nothing occurred while she stayed in his house. Standing up in court saying 'I felt we were in danger' seems to me like her putting a (prosecution-led?) cynical and opportunistic twist on something that at the time was nothing more than distaste and disappointment at the squalid nature of the holiday villa she and her friend ended up in.
Yet again we must be reliant on a journalist's report for information.

tbh what I have seen so far the trial does not even remotely impress me and makes me wonder if the MM evidence is as bad
One must bear in mind that CB is being tried under a system with is entirely foreign to most of us.

But she didn't see what was on them! Owning a video recorder and tapes is not a crime. Her testimony is absolutely pointless and worthless in a court of law and I'm absolutely astonished that it's being indulged and seen as somehow significant.

Look, I'm not defending CB here, I believe that HeB saw what he saw on the tapes he looked at. As dubious as he is, I do believe that he's telling the truth here. I also believe there's a good chance that CB is likely guilty of the HaB rape.

What I will not ever get on board with is the likes of these most recent witnesses being seen as either credible or worthy of attention. The calibre of witness to date in this trial is not reflecting at all well on the prosecution. All this time and all this manpower, and all they've come up with is this 'I heard this, I heard he said that, he looked dodgy, I feared he might rape me but he never did' clownshow?

The German holidaymakers had the time to work out that something about their situation made them feel uneasy and the witness described the evasive actions they took to avoid what the defence trivialised as "spiders".
Neither DM or HB were afforded that amount of breathing space to allow them any choices. They were each on their own. Each was defenceless and in the case of DM suffered aggravated rape perpetrated by CB.

Time may tell, but I sincerely doubt it.

I guess it adds some collaboration that the recorder and tapes existed.

I agree the rest is not relevant.

In the absence of a transcript, what other option is there ?
That is indeed a very salient point. Which tends to illustrate the differences between the UK system and the German system.
One wonders if German journalists reporting court cases are trained to use shorthand.

The German holidaymakers had the time to work out that something about their situation made them feel uneasy and the witness described the evasive actions they took to avoid what the defence trivialised as "spiders".
Neither DM or HB were afforded that amount of breathing space to allow them any choices. They were each on their own. Each was defenceless and in the case of DM suffered aggravated rape perpetrated by CB.
and then those witnesses after he had driven them to a hotel met up with him later for drinks after arming themselves against him in the house which makes no sense at all

I guess it adds some collaboration that the recorder and tapes existed.

I agree the rest is not relevant.
A recorder and tapes, no proof these were the same ones alleged to have been seen by HeB and MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagan25