Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From various articles, I assume the Noon reference is a court appearance by suspect.
The 4 pm reference is probably a press Conference by LE.
Just MO, a guess. .

Thanks, I agree. As for the delay in the PC, etc. it's probably better if I refrain from commenting. As many folks here know, this has been a long and frustrating investigation to follow.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this to pop up on my timeline! What good news. He's not at all what I expected him to look like.

I really hope that if he is the guy, that he get locked up for a very long time.

Unsure of how the name Rex Heuermann is pronounced, but this comment made in a taunting call came to mind.. imo, speculation.
1689344390811.png
“Sara says she got a call from a blocked number from someone saying he knew where Maureen was: She was in a ‘*advertiser censored* house in Queens,’ ” says Robert Kolker, author of a book on the case, Lost Girls. ''

Heuermann, who is married and has two kids, has lived in the house since the 1980s.

Law enforcement sources tell DailyMail.com he has been on their radar since last year. Investigators matched him to the crimes by tracking the phone calls made from burner phones to the victims' cell phones over 10 years ago.

The source added that 'good, old fashioned police work' cracked the case, rather than any DNA developments.

The location of the phone calls matched Heuermann's home address and his office address. It remains unclear what specific piece of evidence led to his arrest last night. He is due to go before a judge in Long Island at noon.
New York City architect Rex Heuermann, 59, has been arrested in connection with Long Island's Gilgo Beach murders, in a bombshell breakthrough in one of the country's most notorious unsolved serial killer cases's Gilgo Beach murders, in a bombshell breakthrough in one of the country's most notorious unsolved serial killer cases

*Oooh gross! just thinking about him near those poor girls.
Married! Wow.

Well I must say after so long I'm in shock! Just saw this on the news...I actually had given up hope they'd ever solve this so this is so surprising and fantastic that they arrested him. He must've thought he'd gotten away with it...wow! I certainly hope they have the right guy and have the evidence to convict. Very pleased that the families will finally get some justice!

@dotr

your speculations are spot on:

A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2​

Maybe perp keeps his own " green house" masks or explains odour by saying he is using compost/manure for growing.

He could be an architect who works in an office in the city, and in the summer months oversees his landscaping and other design projects " out in the field." speculation.

Unsure of how the name Rex Heuermann is pronounced, but this comment made in a taunting call came to mind.. imo, speculation.

“Sara says she got a call from a blocked number from someone saying he knew where Maureen was: She was in a ‘whorehouse in Queens,’ ” says Robert Kolker, author of a book on the case, Lost Girls. ''

In my our lifetime, an arrest is made for LISK!

10 victims

Friday’s reported arrest came after Suffolk County’s new police commissioner created a special Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force in February last year

Gilgo Beach, LISK serial killings suspect in police custody
Skeleton remains found in Islip woods yesterday. Not sure if it is related to LISK...although I have not heard anything further on this.

Search his name in YouTube. Video from 1 year ago titled: L'INTERVIEW with Rex, Dept. Of Buildings consultant & facilitator

Not MSM so I can't link.
Useful info and .... oh boy, do I have a reaction.

Smug, self-satisfied, into details that others don't know, likes to solve difficult challenges that others would find overwhelming.

A hiding-in-plain-sight sort of day. I wonder if part of him is proud his serial work will now be recognized. Gross.

jmo

Surely they must be eyeing him in the others? Of course whatever evidence they have for the arrest must only relate to the Gilgo 4, but I’d be shocked if he wasn’t later tied to more victims.

(JMO)
Agree. The 4 he is allegedly linked to were all found in 2010 in close proximity. There was a lot of attention focused on that area after the 4 were found. Seems odd a copycat would risk coming back in 2011. I wonder if the autopsy reports of the victims found in 2011 show TOD dating back to the same period?

A poster had previously linked this video or a similar one, thanks..
''Feb 17, 2022
Bonjour! Today on L'INTERVIEW Antoine is talking to Rex Heuermann. Watch Rex and I talking about how his consulting business started. Hear him talking about his work and sharing his thoughts about what it takes to deal with NYC DOB rules and regulations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader