IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder why the killer/killers would go out of their way to drive all those miles just to arrive at.........another park????? There has to be some meaning to the killer/killers that parks were chosen for locale. Just like I'd think it's weird if somebody's car was found in a cemetary, and months later their bodies were discovered miles away in another cemetary. Wouldn't we be wondering what the persons fascination has to do with cemetaries? And they chose not just one girl, but 2 girls. And why leave the purse and phone? Aren't these items usually discovered thrown in a ditch along the way? :waitasec: These are all connected in some way in someone's brain as making sense, but I don't get it.

Just looked at my post, and to think over 50 years, I've been spelling cemetery cemetary!! :blushing: (Now I'm disappointed it's not spelled that way. :mad:)

I agree DrKnow, I cannot get past the idea that this perp is associated with the family, however peripherally. IF true it could also explain how the guilty party(s) convinced the girls to meet or go along with. I would think stranger danger rules may not apply if the person was not a stranger to me. Stranger danger is a confusing concept to many, especially kids. That guy is not a stranger he is the assistant at my karate class, I know him (example)

I sometimes think stranger danger is not a good thing to be teaching kids. Sadly I fear we need to simply be teaching danger danger in more broad terms. Stranger danger tends to create the impression of some trenchcoat wearing, leering, scary looking guy offering candy.

I highly doubt our perp resembles that charicature.

I still wonder why the killer/killers would go out of their way to drive all those miles just to arrive at.........another park????? There has to be some meaning to the killer/killers that parks were chosen for locale. Just like I'd think it's weird if somebody's car was found in a cemetary, and months later their bodies were discovered miles away in another cemetary. Wouldn't we be wondering what the persons fascination has to do with cemetaries? And they chose not just one girl, but 2 girls. And why leave the purse and phone? Aren't these items usually discovered thrown in a ditch along the way? :waitasec: These are all connected in some way in someone's brain as making sense, but I don't get it.

Just moo, but one reason might be that the perp(s) were scurrying the girls into a waiting vehicle and did not want to risk being seen going back to the trail to pick it up or let EC go back for it or another reason might be that the killer did not know the girls had ridden to the park on their bikes and didn't even know bikes and purse were there.

Just looked at my post, and to think over 50 years, I've been spelling cemetery cemetary!! :blushing: (Now I'm disappointed it's not spelled that way. :mad:)

Dont feel bad. I just figured out I have been mispelling it the same way last week. 47 here, lol

I agree DrKnow, I cannot get past the idea that this perp is associated with the family, however peripherally. IF true it could also explain how the guilty party(s) convinced the girls to meet or go along with. I would think stranger danger rules may not apply if the person was not a stranger to me. Stranger danger is a confusing concept to many, especially kids. That guy is not a stranger he is the assistant at my karate class, I know him (example)

I sometimes think stranger danger is not a good thing to be teaching kids. Sadly I fear we need to simply be teaching danger danger in more broad terms. Stranger danger tends to create the impression of some trenchcoat wearing, leering, scary looking guy offering candy.

We had a local man that played Santa in the nearby Cedar Falls mall for years... until he molested a child. (I believe it was his grandaughter, not sure.) If you're a kid, and you can't trust Santa, you can't trust ANYBODY!

BBM

I completely agree with you about that. If a child doesn't perceive someone to be a stranger, then all of the stranger danger training in the world might not be enough.

When you try to teach your kids to be respectful to their teachers, religious figures, coaches, neighbors, etc., it's hard to also teach them not to trust those same people in certain circumstances.

It's easy to say don't talk to strangers, don't help a stranger look for a lost pet, don't get in a vehicle with a stranger - but when the danger comes from someone known to kids, how do we protect them against that?

I think the emphasis should be on helping kids recognize and avoid dangerous situations, rather than standard "stranger danger" education. JMO

Good post. Great questions! Didn't know I had been spelling cemetery wrong either! LOL! Hanging with you guys is making me smarter.

Regarding Elizabeth's purse and the phone, I think whomever abducted them knew they would be killing the girls. I just think this because of the information released (and I lost the link to that very good post regarding the perp profile) regarding Jessica Ridgeway and her murder. I believe the article said something regarding LE was very concerned when they found Jessica's backpack with her glasses. I think the message was the glasses being in the backpack was there is no need for Jessica to take her glasses because the killer knew he was going to kill her. So, I think LE and surely the family were VERY ALARMED and probably the first thing that indicated abduction to the family was the fact that Elizabeth's purse was found. I'm almost 100 percent positive Elizabeth's mother probably knew that Elizabeth would never ever leave her purse on purpose.

It's just another comfort zone for him. Comfy in taking the girls and in their hiding as well. Familiar with both. If LE believe Seven Bridges was only the dump site then where did they kill them or sexually assualt them as well? In a home, other building, or is there another park? Wasn't Lyric and her cousin in a park when she was late getting back and Misty called Dan...and in the process of calling LE as well?

Who would spend so much time in the area parks besides child abductors? to feel comfy? It would have to be "normal" activity. Homeless? Joggers/walkers. Various people who like the outdoors?

I believe Elizabeth dropped the purse when being abducted. Perp wasn't worried about it as the bikes were left there anyway to say the girls had been there. Wouldn't make a big difference except if they thought the cell phone could trace back to them.

I obviously believe there are two perps by saying they/them, but the gender is still ???? to me.

JMO

You mean because his talking to press and allowing them to publish his pic and name has worked out so well for him?

I can certainly see why he choose to hold off before identifying himself to us. Especially conidering the rather suspicious way some members have regarded him.

I only hope once he's verified he can clear the air for those who seem hellbent on ascribing some nefarious motives to his report of seeing bikes that day.

ETA not directed at Marilyn, simply jumping off her post on the issue

He didn't go to the media, they happen to be there when he tried to talk to them.

He didn't go to the media, they happen to be there when he tried to talk to them.

Skylar, I got a little confused yesterday by the Skylar and SierraShelby posts. I assume you and SierraShelby are not one in the same, correct?

Thanks.

In regard to stranger danger, the old rules need to be tossed. I saw this article several months ago and it has stuck with me. If all parents taught their children some of these things, maybe there'd be fewer cases like Elizabeth and Lyric's.

http://www.checklistmommy.com/2012/02/09/tricky-people-are-the-new-strangers/

Good article with some great ideas.

I agree most cases involve someone they have contact with already, but we hear so many snatch and grabs anymore....and all the child can do is try to get away by kicking, hitting , biting and scream like mad. Probably because the perp may think the kids know about the stranger danger and all the other warnings. I would think if a perp is spending time grooming a child then it isn't for a one time take. KWIM?

Horrible that babies at the age of 5 have to be made aware of such wickedness nowadays. Again another innocence taken away by these sick people.

JMO

I noticed we have 21 guests viewing this thread.:seeya: Come on guys, jump in and join us!

Skylar, I got a little confused yesterday by the Skylar and SierraShelby posts. I assume you and SierraShelby are not one in the same, correct?

Thanks.

I am his daughter

This is just another reason I feel the Fareway stop for directions is legit. The bank is right on the corner along the road that would take them right to the nature trail and past Fareway and I'm hoping it's the bank cameras that spotted them at the intersection.

I don't believe that the social media gossip is legitimate ... mostly because there is not one single piece of information released by police to suggest that the children were anywhere near the Fareway store, or that they cycled on the trail from Lafayette to Arbutus. In fact, police have said that the girls were last seen riding West on Brovan - towards River Forest Road. That means that they were riding away from the Fareway store, away from the path to the lake, away from home. Why would we want to ignore police information and instead believe gossip from social media? Police have information that the girls were on Elmer, then Gilbert, then Arbutus. Again, this completely contradicts any suggestion that they were on the trail between Lafayette and Arbutus.

We have information from police that puts the children in a completely different location than the Fareway store. That is legitimate information. What facts are there to support the social media gossip about the store?

Welcome Skylar, you will see we operate a little different than the other sites you have visited on. We hope you will feel comfortable posting with us.

Thanks! Enjoyed it very much. I realize the Depot has very historical importance to Gilbertville, but the building seemed like a good place for someone to hide. From all the bikes stored there, it does seem the community enjoys their bike trail. I would hope they could fix the crawlspace problem with the water because that would seem to make the foundation of the entire building unsafe which definitely render the second floor unsafe. It seems a lot of money was invested in the second floor which might have been better used to solve the flooding problem, but what do I know. I'm not local, I'm not an engineer or an architect! LOL!

I notice a few things that made we want to ask questions. Why were bikes being stored there and do they not lock the place up? Why spend the townspeople's money on demolishing old abandon houses and leave one downtown?

Agree about the water problem and I'm not an engineer or architect either. :waitasec: What got me was the fact the restoration group/organization went in and modernized it for future business use. Someone using grant money to expand their own future. ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett