IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newest addition to the original reward is simply for an arrest in the case. Not based on conviction...just whomever provides information that leads to an arrest!:rocker:

CV Crimestoppers for $20,500 for an arrest. $150K for an arrest and conviction.

It's here, but the article is bit confusing with the pic of the donations being sought for the memorial bench at Meyers Lake.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_93c6476a-4b83-11e2-8365-0019bb2963f4.html

Police released the video of the girls because it was the girls, not because they were unsure about who was in the video.

That time was apparently verified using a 12:28 cell phone call at the parking lot, so that's also assuming that it's possible to cycle from the SE tip of Meyers Lake, get to the parking lot, and make a phone call after having a drink in less than a minute.

Has it been verified anywhere that the bikes TG saw/swerved around, were the girls bikes?

(Not directed at you, Otto - I just used your post to jump off of (or whatever we call that on here, lol)

IMO they won't make an arrest until they have everything they possibly can to get a conviction with next to no doubt. Now...every case (as we know) can lead to an acquittal, but I think they will have their ducks all lined up before an arrest is made.

Also...I don't follow a lot of cases, but how many times does a case go to trial for a particular defendant, then upon an acquittal, they charge and try someone else for murder 1? Just curious...

I don't think once they arrest and go to trial they will try anyone else if no one is found guilty. DA would have to have a whole new case built I would think...right?

bbm

I have seen a number of trials, and I have never seen a trial of a different defendant after there was an acquittal of an unrelated first defendant.

LE has said the girls were seen at 12:15 and 12:23. Have they ever said the girls were seen at 12:19? I know we've all assumed it from the surveillance tape, but it isn't among the times released by LE (12:15, 12:23, and possibly 12:30-1:00). So where does the surveillance video timing fit into that?:waitasec:

Don't know ... one of the times must be the approximate time of the video ... perhaps the 12:15 time?

It's hard for me to believe that they could be certain it was the girls on the video. That picture was terrible. I know le has equipment that can enhance it but do you think it could hav enhanced it enough to be positive it was the girls? There are tons of kids in this town who ride their bikes all summer long. Is there a chance it could hav been two other kids?

The timeline is so tight for last sight to bikes on the trail that I'm with Otto, I don't think it's possible that both are accurate.

Don't know ... one of the times must be the approximate time of the video ... perhaps the 12:15 time?

Maybe. That's part of my ongoing confusion, because I thought 12:15 was the last time Wylma saw the girls. But since then, I've seen Wylma's recollection change from 11:30 to 12:15, so now I don't think Wylma remembers the last time she saw them, she has a time range. JMO, and not bashing Wylma at all.

So maybe 12:15 is the video time. Mr. P said the camera was off by 8 minutes, but perhaps he was wrong.

Before I'm ready to start chasing invisible boats, big noisy trucks and fisherman, how did the girls get from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake, toss their bikes in the middle of the trail and vanish in 4, 5, 8 minutes?

What is the distance between Brovan & the SE tip of the lake? I don't see how it's possible the girls made it to the lake either....but the bikes did. I understand that some crimes are staged to throw off LE. I wonder why they wanted the bikes found? They could have taken them apart & gotten rid of them.

Has it been verified anywhere that the bikes TG saw/swerved around, were the girls bikes?

(Not directed at you, Otto - I just used your post to jump off of (or whatever we call that on here, lol)

If it's the same place where he is seen talking with officers, then it has to be East of the gate, as there's a bit of a curve in the fence, and there is no curve West of the gate.

What's the distance from where the surveillance video of two girls on bikes to Meyers Lake where two bikes were found?
Reason I ask is would it be possible that if the girls were abducted/taken per vehicle as soon as they were out of Wylma's line of sight and within 1-2 minutes of the surveillance video, and driven directly to Meyers Lake for bikes to be thrown out, staged, etc., that it would fit in the timeline this way?

Maybe. That's part of my ongoing confusion, because I thought 12:15 was the last time Wylma saw the girls. But since then, I've seen Wylma's recollection change from 11:30 to 12:15, so now I don't think Wylma remembers the last time she saw them, she has a time range. JMO, and not bashing Wylma at all.

So maybe 12:15 is the video time. Mr. P said the camera was off by 8 minutes, but perhaps he was wrong.

My understanding was that the girls went for a bike ride at 11:30, so that was the last time she saw them before they went for a bike ride. After they went for a bike ride, she last saw them at about 12:15 and they were riding towards the shopping center where there is the old post office. At 12:30, she became worried about them and started looking for them.

What is the distance between Brovan & the SE tip of the lake? I don't see how it's possible the girls made it to the lake either....but the bikes did. I understand that some crimes are staged to throw off LE. I wonder why they wanted the bikes found? They could have taken them apart & gotten rid of them.

Police statements have confirmed that the bikes were at the gate at 2:00 PM.

Maybe someone can check that actual distance on google maps. I understood that the distance was about 1.2 miiles, but that may be as the crow flies.

I was looking for icon of smiley with tape on its mouth or a zipper so that I could put it here on this post but I can't never get anymore icons than what's always on the right side of this little post window. Even if I click the [More], I can't get them, darn it! :waitasec:

What's the distance from where the surveillance video of two girls on bikes to Meyers Lake where two bikes were found?
Reason I ask is would it be possible that if the girls were abducted/taken per vehicle as soon as they were out of Wylma's line of sight and within 1-2 minutes of the surveillance video, and driven directly to Meyers Lake for bikes to be thrown out, staged, etc., that it would fit in the timeline this way?

They were seen by someone or something at 12:15, per police. At that time the girls were cycling. Two girls and two bikes have to be taken. The girls have to be subdued. The vehicle has to travel approximately 1.2 miles and down Maiden Lane (which is overgrown). Someone has to ensure that the girls are secured, then carry two bikes (an adult bike and a BMX) and a purse through the trees, and put them on the other side of the fence - but not at the drainage gate. Then, the person that did this has to get back to the treed area because the cyclist is there no later than 12:27 ... and he saw nothing except for two bikes. Then the bikes have to be moved to the drainage gate and the purse staged ... and the girls are immobilized while all this is happening.

It almost seems as though someone was watching the Collins' home from the parking lot and knew exactly when to make their move, someone whom had seen the girls on several occasions before and got to know their routine. imo

eileenhawkeye just posted on entry #17!

Are you just testing our memory or our abilty to recall? LOL

Yikes, please don't start with the memory and recall stuff...might get us confused :)

I was looking for icon of smiley with tape on its mouth or a zipper so that I could put it here on this post but I can't never get anymore icons than what's always on the right side of this little post window. Even if I click the [More], I can't get them, darn it! :waitasec:

:ziplip: :shutup:

( They are : ziplip : and : shutup : [erase the spaces after and before the colons] :) )

:giggle:

I also wonder if the girls ever put air in their tires and if so, where, or did E's dad do this for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela