IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is something important to consider, but I'm trying very hard not to break rules. There is a local Evansdale/Waterloo connection to a $200 million ponzi scheme in Florida. The woman in the following article was recently sentenced to 30 years as the head of this scheme. Her nephew grew up in Waterloo in the home of Drew Collins and went to school with Heather. This same person is also writing very disturbing poems and posting them obsessively on the Waterloo Craigslist site. There are a lot of coincidences here.

http://1565today.com/cladek-sentenced-to-30-years-in-prison-in-dramatic-day-in-court/

In the article the nephew sounds like he considers himself a victim, but in this website he is listed as a co-president. http://www.chamberofcommerce.com/saint-augustine-fl/27849235-lydia-cladek-inc/

Here is a court document about a suit in which this person and a local Evansdale resident had to pay a large settlement. http://www.burr.com/_Downloads/cladek/Doc1429.pdf

This is worth looking at. Just the fact that this was a major FBI criminal case and there are some close local connections is worth considering.

It's hard for me to believe that they could be certain it was the girls on the video. That picture was terrible. I know le has equipment that can enhance it but do you think it could hav enhanced it enough to be positive it was the girls? There are tons of kids in this town who ride their bikes all summer long. Is there a chance it could hav been two other kids?

The timeline is so tight for last sight to bikes on the trail that I'm with Otto, I don't think it's possible that both are accurate.

I thought I read somewhere that they were the only bikes on video that day.

They were seen by someone or something at 12:15, per police. At that time the girls were cycling. Two girls and two bikes have to be taken. The girls have to be subdued. The vehicle has to travel approximately 1.2 miles and down Maiden Lane (which is overgrown). Someone has to ensure that the girls are secured, then carry two bikes (an adult bike and a BMX) and a purse through the trees, and put them on the other side of the fence - but not at the drainage gate. Then, the person that did this has to get back to the treed area because the cyclist is there no later than 12:27 ... and he saw nothing except for two bikes. Then the bikes have to be moved to the drainage gate and the purse staged ... and the girls are immobilized while all this is happening.

It's possible that it may not have been too difficult for the perp/perps to subdue the 2 girls if he/she/they were someone the girls were familiar with. Maybe it's possible more than one vehicle was used which would allow one perp to take girls and the other perp to stage/dispose of the bicycles. My gut feeling from the beginning about the bicycles being at Meyers Lake has been that the ONLY reason they were put there was to deter/delay the search for the girls elsewhere, and it obviously worked. JMO

I feel like this is something important to consider, but I'm trying very hard not to break rules. There is a local Evansdale/Waterloo connection to a $200 million ponzi scheme in Florida. The woman in the following article was recently sentenced to 30 years as the head of this scheme. Her nephew grew up in Waterloo in the home of Drew Collins and went to school with Heather. This same person is also writing very disturbing poems and posting them obsessively on the Waterloo Craigslist site. There are a lot of coincidences here.

http://1565today.com/cladek-sentenced-to-30-years-in-prison-in-dramatic-day-in-court/

In the article the nephew sounds like he considers himself a victim, but in this website he is listed as a co-president. http://www.chamberofcommerce.com/saint-augustine-fl/27849235-lydia-cladek-inc/

Here is a court document about a suit in which this person and a local Evansdale resident had to pay a large settlement. http://www.burr.com/_Downloads/cladek/Doc1429.pdf

This is worth looking at. Just the fact that this was a major FBI criminal case and there are some close local connections is worth considering.

How is the bolded verified?

I wish Judge Judy could've been the one asking questions about this case though!

Interesting. Is he related to Drew?? Do you know for sure that he is the poster o. Craigslist?

They were seen by someone or something at 12:15, per police. At that time the girls were cycling. Two girls and two bikes have to be taken. The girls have to be subdued. The vehicle has to travel approximately 1.2 miles and down Maiden Lane (which is overgrown). Someone has to ensure that the girls are secured, then carry two bikes (an adult bike and a BMX) and a purse through the trees, and put them on the other side of the fence - but not at the drainage gate. Then, the person that did this has to get back to the treed area because the cyclist is there no later than 12:27 ... and he saw nothing except for two bikes. Then the bikes have to be moved to the drainage gate and the purse staged ... and the girls are immobilized while all this is happening.

sorry to post this but possibly the girls were tasered. I remember reading Jaycee Dugards book & that is how they quietly subdued her. I don't know how else they could have taken two girls without anyone hearing anything. I still also wonder if it was someone known to them. Not sure how they explained dropping their bikes off at Meyers lake. Another thought is that one person could have taken the girls & another taken the bikes to the lake & met up with them later? The timeframe is very tight multiplied by two girls

Geez, out of town for a seminar for a couple days and it is taking me forever to catch up. You guys are good :) I'm not liking this timeline. It's been a problem since the beginning. Way too tight for my liking.

Police have confirmed that the bikes were at the gate at 2:00 PM. If they were last seen at 12:15 or 12:23, there is plenty of time to take the girls to one location and then put the bikes at the gate.

when i rode around the bikes cant remember if they were a little east or west

during your trip did you hear anything that caught your attention - then
maybe dismissed it ?

Thanks very much for all your input -

True, if it were any other time. That day was different. Constant loud semi, truck and car noise from the construction on the interstate.
It was always backed way up, so it wouldn't be a quiet area, not on that day anyway. It was a hot mess trying to drive ahead even 5 feet on it. I can see someone experiencing terrible road rage seeing he was stuck in traffic, and had to watch the girls riding on their bikes free and open from where he was stuck on the interstate. The rage built up and being a possible psychopath this would be "the perfect storm". When he finally got to the Evansdale turnoff he hurried into the park, he grabbed them and ZAP they were gone. :waitasec:

so he abducted and killed two girls (at 7-Bridges 20 miles away) because:
he was fed up with traffic stops ... at the Evansdale construction !?

That IS a new definition of having a bad day! Is he having a better day today
having settled down?

:please:

If the cell phone could make 911 calls, wouldn't it also function as a clock?

Most children have been socialized, through school schedules, to have lunch at the same time of day ... so they often get hungry at that time of day. I don't see any reason for a 10 year old child, described as "adult-like" in previous threads, to be incapable of paying attention to time.

Call me crazy, but I dont think you just overpower to healthy good sized
girls with strong voices and the ability to fight back, in a public place with
people fishing and biking ... and nobody sees or hears anything! Even with
construction noise (we are told) nearby.

I think the events had to happen quickly, with the full cooperation of the
girls, who were either there having just arrived and dropped their bikes in
tandem just as observed, then got into a vehicle and were off willingly for
some reason as yet unrevealed ... without attracting attention from
anyone.

:banghead:

I can't see any way for a 4'1", 8-year old child to ride a BMX more than a mile, ride around to the SE tip of the lake, drop her bike in the middle of the trail and simply vanish in less than 8 minutes.

The time for the video is 12:11 + 8 (for being slow). The earliest time for the cyclist reporting bikes on the trail is 12:27. Everything has to have happened in less than 8 minutes, and I just don't see that as a possibility.

Me either - all quietly no muss no fuss no attracting of attention from anyone or any thing, not a blade of grass out of place. Angels don't work that quietly!

Been trying to keep up on this case and cannot believe how little there is to go off of! The one thing I keep thinking about, and hopefully someone can tell me what the general consensus is on it, is the RSO who lived on River Forest Rd at the time of the abduction who seemed to suddenly up & move on July 25th. Also noticed that there was a meth lab bust in the same apartment building around May 2011. Seems very odd to me. If this was a place the girls had been taken to maybe they felt comfortable with other tenants? If they rode bikes past this address they may have chatted with him? Has this been discussed yet? I've tried to go back thru all the threads but wow there is so much info! I did see where someone brought up the RSO, but that was before I realized he moved to St. Olaf, IA.

bbm
This makes me wonder if the girls were trying to turn around. Like they saw something ahead that scared them and they tried to turn their bikes around but they were accosted before they could get all the way around. They would have had to jump off and physically turn the bikes around on that path I think.

If the girls were suddenly attacked or alarmed the bikes would have been dumped askew ... maybe even blood at the scene of the bikes. Some evidence of panic or fight, struggle ..

Can you find a link where it is stated TG saw the bikes up further east of the drainage gate? Those pics are just representing him talking to the officers on the trail....not specifically where he swerved around the bikes. IMO Hopefully if he comes back he can finally answer this question.

Been trying to keep up on this case and cannot believe how little there is to go off of! The one thing I keep thinking about, and hopefully someone can tell me what the general consensus is on it, is the RSO who lived on River Forest Rd at the time of the abduction who seemed to suddenly up & move on July 25th. Also noticed that there was a meth lab bust in the same apartment building around May 2011. Seems very odd to me. If this was a place the girls had been taken to maybe they felt comfortable with other tenants? If they rode bikes past this address they may have chatted with him? Has this been discussed yet? I've tried to go back thru all the threads but wow there is so much info! I did see where someone brought up the RSO, but that was before I realized he moved to St. Olaf, IA.

I don't remember this one. Does the RSO have a page on an Iowa offenders site that you can share?
EDT: Also, what was the address of River Forest Road address of RSO and Meth bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver