Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they said if the computer was a desktop? If it's a laptop, she could be doing homework from anywhere with wi-fi.

If Mollie was voluntarily missing, as in took off, why even bother doing her homework? Missing of her own accord is not an option for me.

Likely she did have a laptop, and it's true she could use it anywhere, but for me it doesn't change things unless she was lured on a ruse to do homework elsewhere, and then kept from returning home.

Read my earlier reply to the Mod, please. I have been informed by another member that the big donors probably set the "alive" terms instead of the usual arrest/conviction terms for rewards. They would get their donations back. There is no doubt in my mind that the family, Donors, LE, and all here hope for Mollie's safe return.
Thanks for clarifying, statements can seem like something unintended.

I think it’s a mistake to discount that possibility because she’s a “good girl”, that might actually make it more plausible. Maybe Mollie isn’t the type of girl to do something like that, but there’s no shortage of young men willing to give it a try. She wouldn’t be the first young lady to end up doing something she didn’t necessarily want to do once alcohol gets involved.
While I’m absolutely convinced that Mollie made it home from her run and left voluntarily with someone unknown later in the evening, I believe it’s most likely she intended to return before morning. And honestly, I believe LE knows that already. They just don’t know who she left with, where they went or what happened that she didn’t return.

What information we have is scant and sketchy, but the impression I have from the available 411 is that Mollie's family (and i suppose by proxy LE) believes Mollie was still attired in her running gear and had nothing more than her fitbit and cell phone (strapped to her arm) with her when she Up and Vanished...her other personal items remaining back at her BF's/her 2nd home.

If she was meeting up with a new romantic interest, maybe a shower and change of clothes...grab contacts/glasses/wallet/purse/etc?

Possibility that converges both: Mollie's new friend arrives earlier than expected and Mollie goes out to his vehicle to say hello, maybe jumping in the passenger side for a minute and then the abduction starts immediately. I dunno.

I could see Mollie sitting around with her fitbit on (BF said she wore it 24/7) and her cell phone strapped to her doing homework in her jogging outfit for a bit before someone arrives.

If Mollie was voluntarily missing, as in took off, why even bother doing her homework? Missing of her own accord is not an option for me.

Likely she did have a laptop, and it's true she could use it anywhere, but for me it doesn't change things unless she was lured on a ruse to do homework elsewhere, and then kept from returning home.
This is exactly the scenario I have been avoiding verbalizing, because it seems the most likely. MOO

I think if she made it back to the house and was planning on leaving voluntarily to meet up with someone she knew - she would have at least showered and changed out of her sweaty running clothes..so if the running clothes are what is missing that leads me to believe that wasn't the case.

I agree

and, There have been MANY MANY amazing analyses in these 20+ threads.

Currently, I am leaning towards the scenario put forth by the astute W-Sleuthers ( crumbcleaner, darmela, etc.) who propose an abduction happening as they outlined on this most recent thread. (..which is really sad to even think about.)

For brevity, I am going to make the following assumption (which might be wrong to do): If there is/was a crime-scene, or partial crime scene, OUTDOORS (initially), it most likely got washed/blown away by the storms on the morning of the 19th.

HERE GOES:

Let’s say the primary (initially-the abduction/kidnapping) crime scene is inside a car. (Even though she might have entered the car voluntarily/willingly; MT soon figured out she was in danger, and tried to leave the situation, but was prevented. Now its an abduction, but started out voluntarily.)

1. As her family said, MT would have fought hard, if, she was able. Somehow, she was overcome/restrained and placed in some part of the vehicle (front seat, back seat, etc.)

2. Question: Could tracking dogs actually sniff inside a vehicle, more than a week AFTER that car had transported someone and still be able to detect a scent from the victim?

3. Question: What if the perp cleaned the vehicle with strong chemicals, …. would any scent still be detected?

4. LE would also have to search EVERY vehicle a POI owned or had access to, (work-related, family-related, ATV, boat-on-trailer, camper, etc. )

5. Question: Does LE test vehicles in a search, as a matter of course, with Luminol too? (Including: front seat, back seats, trunk,.. etc.)

My concern in the Search-protocol is that LE doesn't end up being able to search a perp’s TOTAL VEHICLE collection.

Maybe, .......the perp has another vehicle LE doesn’t know about, or …… s/he BORROWED another family member’s vehicle to transport MT at some point.

For our LE experts on WS, what is the car-searching protocol, when executing a search warrant of someone’s property?
It’s a great theory. Dogs can pick up a scent months later. Any good search would involve a through forensic analysis. Even if cleaning agents were used, something is usually missed (especially if there is blood). They would need a warrant if the suspect didn’t give permission (to include other vehicles used). They have a lot of resources at their disposal so if they seriously liked a suspect they wouldn’t simply perform a cursory inspection, unless they couldn’t obtain a warrant and the suspect declined a more detailed one.

I just want to let you know I personally find this post offensive and it makes me uncomfortable to think we can accuse her of using underage drinking and being loose. No where have I seen any references to these behaviors. I have daughters this age and the ones in college do not drink, underage or otherwise. They know how dangerous it is for their futures.
jmo
I think speculation on a site like this walks a fine line. I saw a post earlier to the effect she didn't apparently know wearing headphones in public is dangerous. Too many assumptions to even go into. For me a lot comes down to the way it's worded.... just my opinion.... I do understand your point, though, 100%

Edit to add: we all just feel really sad & even almost protective or something about Mollie, & some of us are grumpy & we're frustrated... things can come across in a way that wasn't intended. We're all raw. This is just so sad & tragic.

Last edited:
If the family got a ransom request, they would have paid it, not even telling L.e possibly, imo. Ransom kidnappings do not happen in the US...how would it be paid without being traced? Not sure it can even be done anymore. That seems as likely as sex trafficking to me, i,e not at all. Nor do I believe Dad was taking any advice from L.e when he spoke out...he speaks from his heart, what he wished and needs to be true. Jmo

Frankly, everything is still on the table in this case, at least for those of us not on the investigation team. It would be interesting to make a tree of sorts that also shows what could and could not be possible at each step based on each scenario. I wonder if one scenario would stick out this way as working with the greatest amount of evidence and witness statements. Of course, even then, it could be wrong.

If the family got a ransom request, they would have paid it, not even telling L.e possibly, imo. Ransom kidnappings do not happen in the US...how would it be paid without being traced? Not sure it can even be done anymore. That seems as likely as sex trafficking to me, i,e not at all. Nor do I believe Dad was taking any advice from L.e when he spoke out...he speaks from his heart, what he wished and needs to be true. Jmo
They do happen, but generally the victims aren’t going to go to the police because they are criminals themselves. This happens a lot in drug related situations.

Yes (According to the fitbit website, the device automatically syncs every 15 to 30 minutes). My guess is that they did not find the Fitbit.
Don’t forget though that the phone’s Bluetooth has to be on for the Fitbit to sync. I often turn mine off to save battery when I’m out and about. Especially since I know it will still sync if I turn it back on later.

But if her Bluetooth was off and it never synced after she went out, it will lose that data after a certain amount of time.

This just makes me so sad. To see Mr. Tibbett's out there at the fair, looking for his daughter. A life shattered into a million shards- a life sentence of pain. There is just no way I can not feel the enormity of this situation.
Mollie would not hurt her loved ones like this intentionally.
Lord and angels above please bring Mollie home!
JMO

Well said. Makes me want to cry.

I was thinking how nice it would be if a big corporation like Fitbit put up a massive reward.

I’m sorry to say I don’t even think a $1 million dollar reward would make any difference. Only two people know what happened in my opinion one is sadly and tragically no longer with us and the other is not going to phone and report himself.

If she did do her homework somewhere else, why bring her laptop back to the house? There seems to be something that's out of place for almost any theory. MOO

https://www.quora.com/How-common-ar...-or-their-family-members-in-the-United-States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70