Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No body, no parole

In nearly all Australian States, people convicted of murder, manslaughter or infanticide will not be released on parole unless they can satisfy the Prisoners Review Board that they have satisfactorily co-operated with police or other law enforcement authorities in the identification of the location, or last known location, of the body or remains of their victim. It’s only new legislation but already some convicted persons have rushed to identify where their victims have been buried. It’s brought tremendous solace to families, some of whom have been waiting for many, many years, to be able to finally lay their loved ones to rest.

Do you have anything like this in the USA?

I find this confusing also. Even if they have an idea as to who it is, would they not still consider this dangerous? I don't understand saying they have no concern of public safety. I'd be scared if this occurred in my town.

The only reason I can come up with is if they strongly feel that this is a person that is NOT from the Brooklyn area. If they think it was someone passing through town with no known reason to return, then the community would not be at an increased risk . (I doubt this is the case, but what if they feel like it is a SK who is not known to strike the same area twice)?

I just saw the videos that SharonNeedles posted and the town looked different that what I pictured. More houses around the house she wasn’t last seen than I thought. I also noticed lots of overgrown ditches and wooded areas. I wonder how thoroughly things have been checked. In many cases the person is found within a few miles it seems.

Hi! New to websleuths. And just a few boards behind but I notice everyone is saying "he" when referring to the perp. May I ask why? Some of the post sound as if they have a profile on the perp but I havent read that anywhere. Can you provide that source?

The reason I am curious... what if "he" is a "she". Maybe I've watched way too much ID channel but..

We know the BF is not a suspect as far as LE is concerned but what if BF had a side dish that wanted to be the main course? I would suppose she would've known that Mollie would be alone. I suppose LE might already have that theory in play and are desperate to fish out anyone that can confirm that line of thinking. I.e. high reward money.

What if is was a female coworker or friend?

Or a combination of both. Mollie had a friend who was in town with BF while Mollie was away at school. Mollie comes back for the summer and it's all too much. Friend and BF secrete lover pulls a Long Island Lolita on Mollie. Women snap all the time.. apparently.

Anyone know if this Avenue has been explored?

I kind of agree. For one, most seem to be all in on a undercover perp. Some sinister movie of the week type criminal. In real life most murders are done by family, neighbors, friends co-workers and people known to the victim. Stranger danger is far down the list.

Right, and they get caught quickly because the cops check them out first. The longer a case goes on, the more likely it is a stranger. That is not always the case, sometimes the cops need time to put the evidence for an arrest together.

No body, no parole

In nearly all Australian States, people convicted of murder, manslaughter or infanticide will not be released on parole unless they can satisfy the Prisoners Review Board that they have satisfactorily co-operated with police or other law enforcement authorities in the identification of the location, or last known location, of the body or remains of their victim. It’s only new legislation but already some convicted persons have rushed to identify where their victims have been buried. It’s brought tremendous solace to families, some of whom have been waiting for many, many years, to be able to finally lay their loved ones to rest.

We have plea deals. The Hans Reiser case comes to mind immediately. Reiser plead guilty to second degree murder rather than first degree on the condition that he would lead police to his estranged wife Nina's body.

From the presser re the highlighted locations on the map:

“Those are just locations that were again highlighted on the map to help remind people if they were to tap into those sites and to be able to hopefully generate some ideas and some thoughts. So no specific reason for those certain areas but we are hoping that people will look at the map again to be able to jog their memory basically.

1,500+ tips, 500+ interviews

We continue to strive to bring her home safely."

I've only looked at the southern region and I'm uncertain how that area would jog virtually anyone's memory.

While intellectually I'm very much inclined to agree with you, wouldn't it be brilliant if Mollie was held captive by a lonely older man who "got in over his head," and finally let's Mollie go-- knowing he'll likely spend his remaining life behind bars, which in his mind, already see's himself a prisoner living in loneliness under a dark cloud.

Actually, I think it's a younger guy. IF Mollie's father is right (he DID talk to her for 3 hours on Sunday so he might be), Mollie had begun to understand she had a "situation." However, they had no idea it would take this turn this quickly. Someone had developed a crush on Mollie and was becoming bolder and bolder. The night she vanished, she willingly got into the car with him to "talk", he became very emotional and acted out -- landing them into the middle of a situation he doesn't know how to get out of. He's overcome with emotion right down, particularly FEAR -- which is dangerous. IF this is the case, Mollie's dad needs to go on TV and have a heart-to-heart talk with this person, telling him he knows he's a good person, Mollie told him she cares about him, just not in "that way", they both love Mollie and just want her to be safe and happy. They have a situation that needs to be handled, let's work this out together. Get my phone number from Mollie and call me, let's figure this out. There's $400,000 reward money to use for his defense . . . You're a good person, your emotions overwhelmed you for a minute, but we can fix this . . . "

That's if her father's instincts are right.

Hi! New to websleuths. And just a few boards behind but I notice everyone is saying "he" when referring to the perp. May I ask why? Some of the post sound as if they have a profile on the perp but I havent read that anywhere. Can you provide that source?

The reason I am curious... what if "he" is a "she". Maybe I've watched way too much ID channel but..

We know the BF is not a suspect as far as LE is concerned but what if BF had a side dish that wanted to be the main course? I would suppose she would've known that Mollie would be alone. I suppose LE might already have that theory in play and are desperate to fish out anyone that can confirm that line of thinking. I.e. high reward money.

Or a combination of both. Mollie had a friend who was in town with BF while Mollie was away at school. Mollie comes back for the summer and it's all too much. Friend and BF secrete lover pulls a Long Island Lolita on Mollie. Women snap all the time.. apparently.

Yes someone mentioned THE SAME thing you mentioned WAY BACK in the threads probably 3 days ago (I can't remember, so many threads--and I'm even behind on many of the threads). I was thinking this could be a possibility too. It's worth exploring. I can't remember who else mentioned it (but it wasn't me).

I personally do not see it being a “she”. It doesn’t fit any real known profiles. Usually if a “she” is involved, it is only because she is helping her “he”. These types of crimes are often sexually motivated, which leans towards a man. Also, the person would have needed to overpower Mollie, which leans towards a man. IMHO the only way a woman could have possibly been involved is if there was an accomplice. But something this fast and this untraceable had to have been a “lone wolf” and probably a serial killer type person...who are usually male. Have there even been any female serial killers? Ever?

The crazy women killers, when they do happen, usually get found out almost immediately because there is more of a fight and more blood and more of an evidence trail.

Hi and welcome! The subject came up in an earlier thread. Someone mentioned Michele Le, murdered in Hayward, CA in 2011 by a jealous rival/frenemy. It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

Actually, I think it's a younger guy. IF Mollie's father is right (he DID talk to her for 3 hours on Sunday so he might be), Mollie had begun to understand she had a "situation." However, they had no idea it would take this turn this quickly. Someone had developed a crush on Mollie and was becoming bolder and bolder. The night she vanished, she willingly got into the car with him to "talk", he became very emotional and acted out -- landing them into the middle of a situation he doesn't know how to get out of. He's overcome with emotion right down, particularly FEAR -- which is dangerous. IF this is the case, Mollie's dad needs to go on TV and have a heart-to-heart talk with this person, telling him he knows he's a good person, Mollie told him she cares about him, just not in "that way", they both love Mollie and just want her to be safe and happy. They have a situation that needs to be handled, let's work this out together. Get my phone number from Mollie and call me, let's figure this out. There's $400,000 reward money to use for his defense . . . You're a good person, your emotions overwhelmed you for a minute, but we can fix this . . . "

Her father acknowledged his theory was speculation and wishful thinking. LE in no way seems to have a "crush" suspect who the father was aware of.

The only reason I can come up with is if they strongly feel that this is a person that is NOT from the Brooklyn area. If they think it was someone passing through town with no known reason to return, then the community would not be at an increased risk . (I doubt this is the case, but what if they feel like it is a SK who is not known to strike the same area twice)?

Or they feel strongly that this is an isolated incident due to mitigating circumstances which they clearly are not divulging to the public for obvious reasons.

We have plea deals. The Hans Reiser case comes to mind immediately. Reiser plead guilty to second degree murder rather than first degree on the condition that he would lead police to his estranged wife Nina's body.

We have plea deals too, but I'm talking about people who have already been convicted and are currently serving their sentence. For the most part they've been in prison for many, many years.

No body, no parole

Texas

I'm torn between younger guy and middle-aged guy.

Right, and they get caught quickly because the cops check them out first. The longer a case goes on, the more likely it is a stranger. That is not always the case, sometimes the cops need time to put the evidence for an arrest together.
You misunderstood. I think it's possible the person is not a stranger to HER.
But, perhaps there was something risque about the relationship that prevented her from sharing with family and future flatmate. Especially, if they really dig the official bf.

It seemed to me the 3 hour conversation may have dropped hints to her Dad. It is his suspicion she could have left with someone and they are in over their heads now that gives it legs, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper