Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't follow Sierah's case here but I did follow it via the Toledo media and don't believe the killer acted alone.

A horrible, horrible case which proves predators are out there in rural America just lying in wait. So glad the killer got the death penalty.

What's even more strange is that happened on the same exact date 2 years ago!

If she did not make it home after jogging, doesn’t it seem strange that she would send an early goodnight Snap?

I know we’ve read somewhere it being labeled a goodnight Snapchat, but I think it could be the writer taking liberties by calling it that. What I found (link) simply said:

“It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside.
and
"It’s unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.”

Boyfriend of missing college student not a suspect

Guess he’s wrong about the selfie being taken indoors, since they’re now saying she never made it back home? Or she took it before she ran?

The red shirt would probably be used every field trip. In summer camps that is pretty much every other day.

I'm not so sure that it would be worn that often. It seems lthat Mollie only had one red T-shirt. Her mother couldn't find it anywhere in the house so it was assumed that Molly had it with her the night she disappeared.

Some items have been reported present
- wallet, laptop
Some items not reported located
- red shirt, phone, fitbit

How about the armband phone holder used during runs and earbuds?

This information may be known to LE, not reported, but may help with run/return to home question as well as items perhaps being sought in searches.

Has her social media account for VSCO.com been shared? I just see a different side of her on there...I could see where she might have attracted the wrong attention. They’re not “bad” but I am not sure I would want my 19 or 22 year old having a couple of those pictures public.
https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/images/1

I don't know if it helps, but these look like work out selfies to me.
They are also G rated compared to what many 10-15 year old girls are posting publicly.

I am not through to end of thread but, I think it's possible her fitbit or phone is still receiving data and if it is, and or has been charged, that may be why ey think she is alive. Not concrete, but I am sitting on my hands.

Has her social media account for VSCO.com been shared? I just see a different side of her on there...I could see where she might have attracted the wrong attention. They’re not “bad” but I am not sure I would want my 19 or 22 year old having a couple of those pictures public.
wow,what bridge is featured in two of these photos?

I can see how a parent might disapprove of a couple of those if she were a minor but she's over 18 and frankly they're pretty tame compared to what is usually posted online these days ..

following this case closely .. it doesn't look good but I'm really hoping she's found alive .. never lose hope

I cant see anything wrong with the pictures.

I've been wondering the same thing too. They've certainly shown minimal interest in clarifying the confusion--and I'm taking for granted that there's a reason for that.

And, unlike some cases, I feel confident that they have a lot of info--cameras that show her, or don't show her, a slew of electronic data from a multitude of devices, neighbors who saw things, or didn't...
I think this is new experience? This place is in a time warp where you pump gas first w/o paying. Unlocked doors and hardly any crime. With all this press+ urgency I'm sure some have felt overwhelmed. They should have one person giving press releases + told family to not tell details. Interstate 80 worries me.

wow,what bridge is featured in two of these photos?

They appear to be two different bridges in Iowa City, where MT attends school (U of Iowa). I believe one is a walking bridge over a highway, connecting two parts of campus. The other is one of the bridges across the Iowa River.

Missing University of Iowa student, 20, RETURNED to her boyfriend's house after going for a jog and sent him a final Snapchat before she mysteriously vanished, say FBI investigators UPDATED: 01:25 EDT, 30 July 2018

New evidence reveals that 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts (pictured below), who went missing on July 18 after going for a run in Brooklyn, Iowa, may have returned to her boyfriend's home where she sent him a final Snapchat (pictured with boyfriend Dalton Jack). The University of Iowa rising sophomore has been missing

Missing University of Iowa student sent her boyfriend a Snapchat before she vanished | Daily Mail Online

This ia a misleading headline .... there is nothing in the article that speaks to a direct FBI quote as the headline claims.

It would be a ton of data storage if they monitored and logged whenever a phone stopped connecting to a tower. I’d think it could be done, but probably with a specific legal request. I can’t imagine companies storing that information for every phone in the country
Cell companies have the ability to track your movements real time from the cell towers and knows what tower you are connecting to if it is the companies tower or an affiliate they also can tell if your phone was turned off and for how long when it comes back online.. I have problems with my cell phone in congested NJ and while i was driving I had a level 3 engineer tracking my location and told me exactly where I was driving what direction and what towers I was grabbing or not and if the tower was overloaded or have reduced capacity.. So it is certainly possible.

Good grief. I trust their professional opinion. Yes, Rahn was speaking about all the missing persons in Iowa. If there is no evidence connecting any of the cases, then there is no evidence connecting the cases. Not sure why you want to dispute what he has said.

Richard Rahn, a special agent in charge with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said there was no evidence to suggest the missing person cases were connected.

On Friday morning, the agency said the number of missing juveniles reported in Iowa in recent weeks was in line with historical trends, despite concerns spurred by Tibbetts' case.

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans

It was a generalized statement made by one person. Do really believe that they already have enough evidence in this case to conclusively say it is not linked to any other missing person? If they had that much evidence, they would have a suspect and a motive. It was a general statement. Not all missing person cases in Iowa are connected. We can all agree on that. "All" is not the same as "any".

I'm certainly not going to change my believe that the Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson cases could be connected based on one single vague statement by one person. The only way I would change my opinion, would be if they come out and officially said that they have ruled out any connection between the two. I don't believe they are going to do that. Considering how similar the cases are, how geographically close they are, and the timeframe they occured.

Last edited:
Her mom is definitely on Facebook.

Not sure what Facebook you are looking at but there is 1 pic with her mom and at least 5 with her dad (that Mollie herself posted).
I'm looking at her photos, not just her posts.

If LE is saying she did not make it home, where could she have been taken?

It would make her dog sitting become irrelevant if she was taken while jogging, If she did not make it home, what is the story on the goodnight snap chat?

It wasn't a "goodnight" Snap. Dalton doesn't remember what it said. He just knows her opened it at 10pm. She could have sent it at 7:30 as she was leaving her house for her jog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee