IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the opinion that the arrest warrant wording has to be very precise. If the warrant said "the clothing that Mollie was wearing", and the clothes were found with her but not on her, the warrant would be rejected.

The "clothing was found at the scene where the body was located" means exactly that. The clothing was found at the scene. The body was located at the scene. Both the body and the clothing were found at the scene. I'm pretty sure this means that she was not wearing the clothing.

Where at the scene of the crime do you think the clothing was found? Because I notice that, although LE didn’t indicate the clothing was on the body, neither was it stated the clothing was found underneath, beside or strewn nearby. So I don’t know that any firm conclusion can be drawn by that statement other than clothing was used to identify the body, in conjunction with murder charges being filed prior to the formal autopsy being concluded.

bbm
It seems obvious that it's a problem that needs to be solved with the farmers, not a wall. If farmers improved conditions to attract local talent, there would be no jobs for illegal immigrants. European and Canadian farms do not have problems with illegal immigrants because the industry is tied to education and training future farmers. It's not about bleeding the workers dry and then doing it again to the next crop of desperate workers. As long as farmers can get away with treating employees poorly, the only people who will put up with it are those whose previous environment is worse. That's where the people like Rivera come into the picture.

If there was no opportunity for Rivera to work on a farm in Iowa, perhaps he would have remained in Mexico, completed his education, and attended an agriculture program where he could learn how to modernize farming and maximize profit in Mexico.
If only that were the case and easy to accomplish. The broader economic structure plays more of a role than simply improving farming 'conditions'. With the cost of everything (real property taxes, soil maintenance, equipment and maintenance) increasing year over year, farmers are unable to maintain their businesses and achieve to a profit, hence, the subsidies.

Consolidation of nearly every consumer/retail business sector has diminished real competition. Farmers suffer from this as well, with those umbrella-businesses angling for cheap sources (read: imports+). The 'global economy' has enabled for many in America and other nations to enjoy the fruits of labor of each other and jockeyed pricing but at what cost?

One question: Would you want them, the work release guys, in YOUR neighborhood, replacing the gardeners, landscapers, roofers, brick workers, et al; doing work that is now done by many migrants who have families and a lot to lose. How about a half-way house for transistioning Cons in a townhouse down the street from your home. And who would pay for the administration and supervision associated with this plan. And what about tort liability if and when one of the Cons go off of the rails, who will pay? And we can follow that death here on WS too!

I've lived next to and worked with guys who have done 20 for murder. I trusted them, but there were plenty of guys they were once on the inside with they would never trust. I trust their judgement in that area.

Yes or NIMBY...you tell me?

All true but I know I myself am saying farm work, outside under strict supervision, like LA. work prison system. Maybe help out on road work. And there is those behavior tiers that they have to achieve to do better things. I think it is a great idea. Put them to work to earn some of their keep and maybe give them some work ethic.
The last thing I would want to see is prisoners being turned loose in neighborhoods cutting lawns etc. To crowded with a much bigger chance of something going down once they get in a HOOD...…….:p

One question: Would you want them, the work release guys, in YOUR neighborhood, replacing the gardeners, landscapers, roofers, brick workers, et al; doing work that is now done by many migrants who have families and a lot to lose. How about a half-way house for transistioning Cons in a townhouse down the street from your home. And who would pay for the administration and supervision associated with this plan. And what about tort liability if and when one of the Cons go off of the rails, who will pay? And we can follow that death here on WS too!

I've lived next to and worked with guys who have done 20 for murder. I trusted them, but there were plenty of guys they were once on the inside with they would never trust. I trust their judgement in that area.

Yes or NIMBY...you tell me?

The dairy farms and manufacturing plants employing illegal immigrants aren't in residential areas. Yarrabee Farms is miles from Brooklyn. You are comparing apples to oranges.

I would have no problem with inmates working in my neighborhood providing they are supervised. Landscapers and roofers usually don't stay the night. The ones who are violent or a risk to the public would never be granted unsupervised work release nor would they be given cars to drive.

Did you watch the video of the farm press conference? Was it known to anyone he used a fake name other than to his employers? In my mind I can imagine a group of Spanish speaking workers just showing up and going home from work without any personal interaction with farm management other than in the morning a brief hello. Assumably done so to check if the crew had arrived. If so, I’d be surprised if there was a reason to ever individually acknowledge each by name.

One thing we don’t know is how much English CR had learned and spoke. However it’s not unusual for some people to use their native language as a barrier to communication if it’s beneficial to a certain situation.

Please keep in mind that Yarrabee Farms has not confirmed John Budd is the name CR used and they refused to disclose it at the press conference.

My bigger issue with Yarrabee is that they knowingly allowed an unlicensed driver to use a company-owned car. If CR didn't have access to a car, Mollie would still be alive. JMO

There are farmers all over the world who hire farmhands, and provide clean, suitable, and managed accommodations on the property. The farm hands are legal employees, they don't live in dilapidated homes, and there's no need for illegal employees.

It seems that the farm industry business model in places like Iowa was developed to include illegal immigrants who accept dilapidated accommodations, low wage, and harsh work schedules as a great alternative to Mexican farms. If there weren't great opportunities in Iowa for illegal immigrants like Rivera, he would still be in Mexico.

Farmers all over the world live in countries with health care.

Where at the scene of the crime do you think the clothing was found? Because I notice that, although LE didn’t indicate the clothing was on the body, neither was it stated the clothing was found underneath, beside or strewn nearby. So I don’t know that any firm conclusion can be drawn by that statement other than clothing was used to identify the body, in conjunction with murder charges being filed prior to the formal autopsy being concluded.
To me, clothing found at the scene means it was found in the same vicinity, but not necessarily on the body. Also, due to the amount of decomposition and possible animal activity, it may have been hard to tell if the clothing had been on the body. But if they were I would think they would have said something more specific, other than they were found at the crime scene. In my opinion it means the clothes were either not on the body (at least partially) or it was to difficult to tell. They may have also been cut up badly.

I used to live in a town that 15 years ago had less than 1% Hispanic population. Since that time due to a local industry the population is now 65% Hispanic with about 50% of those here illegally. Population overall has almost doubled Average size of class went from 35-40 students to now more than 100 students per grade. This years kindergarten enrollment was 170 students so you can imagine the increased expense. The majority of the students have very limited English. Due to the immigrants culture many of these families live 4-5 families in one household, however there is only one house to receive property taxes on to fund the school as well as everything else that property taxes support Little to no new building construction has happened so the number of people paying property taxes have not increased just the amount. Another school was constructed 2 years ago to accommodate the increased number of students. The impact of illegal immigration has devastated this town.

Interesting as other communities who have had a lot of influx talk about how the town was saved from dying

The dairy farms and manufacturing plants employing illegal immigrants aren't in residential areas. Yarrabee Farms is miles from Brooklyn. You are comparing apples to oranges.

I would have no problem with inmates working in my neighborhood providing they are supervised. Landscapers and roofers usually don't stay the night. The ones who are violent or a risk to the public would never be granted unsupervised work release nor would they be given cars to drive.
I thought his house was a six minute drive from where she lived. Was the house not on the property of the farm?

Please keep in mind that Yarrabee Farms has not confirmed John Budd is the name CR used and they refused to disclose it at the press conference.

My bigger issue with Yarrabee is that they knowingly allowed an unlicensed driver to use a company-owned car. If CR didn't have access to a car, Mollie would still be alive. JMO

I have saw nothing in MSM regarding the black Malibu was owned by the farm. Do you have a link?

ETA. If a group of migrant workers lived together, for all we know one employee is given a van and assigned the job of driving them back and forth. Who actually the black Malibu was registered to will be very interesting to learn but at this time we don’t even know if CR had sole or shared access in driving it. How about if it was recently reported stolen? We just don’t know.

Last edited:
I thought his house was a six minute drive from where she lived. Was the house not on the property of the farm?

So says DM, it was owned by the farm.

“The remote plot less than four miles from where 20-year-old Mollie was abducted in Brooklyn, Iowa, accommodates a dilapidated two-story home and a 30ft trailer.

Her alleged killer, who authorities say is a 24-year-old illegal immigrant named Cristhian Bahena Rivera, is believed to have lived there with a group of migrants working for a dairy farm......

......The prominent Iowa family hires a number of migrant workers and accommodates them in a series of trailers and properties, including the tumbledown dwelling on 200th Street, Brooklyn.”
The trailer on Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

One way is to steal a dead persons SS and use it until they get caught

Mexican man assumes American's identity for 37 years, steals $361,000 in government benefits

Andres Avelino Anduaga — if that’s even his real name — admitted to assuming the identity of a U.S. citizen in 1980. Armed with a fake birth certificate, he developed a seemingly legitimate persona by applying for a California driver’s license, Social Security number and U.S. passport.

Mexican man assumes American's identity for 37 years, steals $361,000 in government benefits

Interesting article.....

IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Taxes

Reminds me of all of those fake lover boys that scam millions from women they date or marry.

Lucrative, easy method

How long will theLE keep theMalibu? For testing? Will it be returned to Yarbee Farm owners once processed by forensics or do they keep it until trial is over or conviction by a plea deal? Just wondering how long evidence in general like automobiles are held?

CR was not a seasonal or temp worker. He was employed full-time for 4 years . Milk cows don't take a break! What law did Employer break? As far as we know, he collected info required at hiring, issued Annual Wage & Tax Statement to employee, as well as filing his Employer quarterly returns-- apparently without raising any red flag from the agencies, alerting him he had an invalid/fake SSN on his staff. If a state and/or federal tax auditor cannot determine fake identification, how can dairy Employer be held to a higher standard?

There is one standard. The law.

The house was on dairy property in a rural area several miles from Brooklyn.

I have saw nothing in MSM regarding the black Malibu was owned by the farm. Do you have a link?
Yeah, I was wondering what that source was. I saw it awhile back that it was registered in their name but can't remember where. Unless it was that weird yc news no ones ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67