ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it UNLIKELY that the perpetrator used that place to hide until the students came home too, but when viewing all the other photos of the house, it is the ONLY place on the 2nd and 3rd floors that I could imagine a person hiding in wait until the students came home and went to sleep. If a person stayed nearby waiting and observing the house, I think it far more likely the person waited outside and in the dark, hidden by the trees at back of the property (between the house and the parking lot of the 2-building apartment complex).
If K had already moved out and was just visiting, she was probably bunking with her friend and her old room was empty. I assume the room had a closet? Perfect hiding spot.

Talking about an attack targeted at ONE.

“‘Steve Goncalves told CNN: “I’ve been told it’s one, but then again, there’s the bigness like it’s purposely big.’”

what do you think he means by “purposely big?”

I hear "there's the vagueness like it's purposely vague." NOT big. IMO

Exactly. And the Jeep that was in the driveway is like $5-$10k more than the RR evoque. I doubt the car had anything to do with this either.
Do we know who the Jeep belongs to? From what I remember the plate with WA plates, which most likely belonged to EC was parked behind it, blocking it in. I thought that would mean it may have belonged to X, but somewhere else I read a different vehicle was hers.

Just simply putting a few thoughts in the mix. A small town wakes up to a horrific event. My instincts just scream that this killer split fast out of town. Hopefully LE is looking at all videos available - in and out of town that night. Not long after these UnGodly murders took place !!!! All Prayers and Blessings to All friends and family !!!!

Yea that's what I think now. It's just a matter of trying to build a solid case before charging. But I won't be surprised who it turns out to be. Anyways I'm done posting on this site as I really don't have anything else to add and we aren't allowed to discuss the obvious.
I don't think anything is obvious about this case.

Yes, I agree. Finding evidence of a person being present in common areas is not the same as that person being present in private areas where they have no reason to be.

Also DNA can be found in different kinds of samples, some would not seem odd and others would seem a neon red flashing flag
-Finding DNA from a friend from skin or hair cells In a common area on a couch- not odd
-DNA from fresh blood or semen from unknown person in upstairs bath- Odd!

So I suppose the DNA prize in this case would be-
DNA from blood, from male, who is known or not know to victims, who has not ever been invited upstairs, and yet their DNA profile is found mixed with a victim‘s blood in a series of drops across the wooden floor of one of the upstairs bedrooms.
You can’t explain that away!

Of course then other evidence would have to be in line- you don’t want a match to someone who has a solid alibi in another state Who has never been to Idaho.
I had forgotten that there was a bathroom on the 3rd floor. Its possible their attacker may have suffered a cut during the process and stopped to wash his hands off as well as his knife. I doubt it but it is always a possibility. I wonder if they will gain any valuable DNA from those sink traps in the bathroom?

Ops, now I dont remember where I heard it. It was a 911, but for unconscious person. Or someone that would not wake up, not for a crime. I thought it was on one of the LE briefs.

thats because some police departments never dispatch a call for “a dead“(or deceased person). it’s always “unconscious person” even the caller might be standing there looking at someone with no head. I know of one large metropolitan department where only the medical examiner can pronounce someone dead. In my state a police officer can pronounce a person dead.

Could this be why people are speculating the lock on that door did not work? Or is it just added safety.
Rather than added safety I would think it could be an invitation for trouble. JMO and just my experience.

Again targeted can mean many things. And one person having more wounds/body showing greater ferocity of attack would also infer that the killer had more anger for that particular person. It'd be Interesting to see the autopsy reports.
Yes it can be that, but it can also be as the result of fighting back. At the Sharon Tate murders, Wojciech Frykowski sustained the most stab wounds by far, but he wasn't a particular target compared to anyone else. As the killers later admitted, he just fought them like hell. So, he ends up with double and triple the stab wounds of the other victims on the scene.

If one of them was staged more elaborately than the others, that could also be a sign of that victim being a more primary target.

Yes, I agree. Finding evidence of a person being present in common areas is not the same as that person being present in private areas where they have no reason to be.

Also DNA can be found in different kinds of samples, some would not seem odd and others would seem a neon red flashing flag
-Finding DNA from a friend from skin or hair cells In a common area on a couch- not odd
-DNA from fresh blood or semen from unknown person in upstairs bath- Odd!

So I suppose the DNA prize in this case would be-
DNA from blood, from male, who is known or not know to victims, who has not ever been invited upstairs, and yet their DNA profile is found mixed with a victim‘s blood in a series of drops across the wooden floor of one of the upstairs bedrooms.
You can’t explain that away!

Of course then other evidence would have to be in line- you don’t want a match to someone who has a solid alibi in another state Who has never been to Idaho.
IMO
Everything I've ever read or watched about women who kill - it's 98% of the time the murder of a close family member (partner or children).

Once in a while, you get a Jodi Arias who kills her boyfriend - but again, someone very interpersonally related.

Very rarely there have been women who kill the lover of their (cheating) partner.

This is not counting those who kill someone in self-defense.

Very good points...
Just trying to look outside the box...
Could E have been a target?

Probably not in my scenario above...

Yes it can be that, but it can also be as the result of fighting back. At the Sharon Tate murders, Wojciech Frykowski sustained the most stab wounds by far, but he wasn't a particular target compared to anyone else. As the killers later admitted, he just fought them like hell. So, he ends up with double and triple the stab wounds of the other victims on the scene.

If one of them was staged more elaborately than the others, that could also be a sign of that victim being a more primary target.
Great points and to jump off your post, I already mentioned in an earlier thread here - it could where an overkill may have occurred on the body (female anatomy, face, etc.) as well.

Maybe if this was some kind of long standing issue between the killer and the victims, this would have predated before the two roommates on the 1st floor moved in? Maybe an offhand comment was made. Perhaps the killer never let it go. The only people who would have known about the mud slinging is maybe just the killer and the victims. E was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. MOO.

Not if it was planned well for months and months by someone fairly intelligent. I still think it can take time to build evidence if the killer was smart enough to cover their tracks.
That is what I think...there are a lot of cases, no arrest. Of course, they were not four victims. But I can think of many "missing" cases, that it seems like they would be "easy" to make an arrest. No arrests. Of course, no body either.

thats because some police departments never dispatch a call for “a dead“(or deceased person). it’s always “unconscious person” even the caller might be standing there looking at someone with no head. I know of one large metropolitan department where only the medical examiner can pronounce someone dead. In my state a police officer can pronounce a person dead.
My understanding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members