ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry to hear that, genuinely. No disrespect, but if she was proven innocent, why was she unable to find employment and have to leave the country? Here I think it's been said that LE has been murky on labeling people as cleared (i.e. saying "at this time" or re-describing such persons differently, etc.) so I would be curious as to how the woman you're talking about was "officially" cleared, since you have brought it up.

She was never more than a spouse asked for answers to the usual questions that LE ask after two people are murdered.

Someone started a rumour that she left a message on his cell phone that if he wasn’t home in the next specified period of time, she was going to kill him, which was not true.

Of course each time LE contacted her for information about various things that arise during an investigation, the rumours ramped up, calls were made about the children and social media gossip increased to include such things as her imminent arrest.

They did make a public statement that neither spouse was a suspect but it stopping nothing.

There is no way of undoing what people post on the internet and the proper term is cyber bullying.

Wouldn't any possible biological evidence be even better preserved in these freezing conditions than in some heated garage?
Perhaps, but I don’t know why this has suddenly become an issue today for a couple of outlets when those cars sat out in the elements for two weeks — why is just this last week concerning to them?

Desperation to have something to criticize LE about, I guess.

This is a bit off topic to what is being spoken about currently but i thought it was worth a mention

If the Corner Club was close to capacity that night....

I just find it puzzling that LE isn't focusing more on the CC. Why haven't they come out and said "We would like to hear from EVERYONE who was at this venue that night" or something along the lines of "It's important that everyone who was at this location between the hours of 10pm and 1.30am comes forward". They haven't said that at a news conference or in a press release that I've seen - instead it was report odd or out-of-the-ordinary events that took place or if you have any more information call our tip line. Wouldn't identifying everyone at the CC be helpful information to the investigation - also identifying anyone that could have been interacting with K & M that night. Process of elimination and all that, the more information they gather the better. Maybe the focus is else where...or they have already identified every person that was in the club.

Photo of what the CC looks like on a busy night - Photo Source

<modsnip: Link is fine but please do not post pictures with innocent people in it>

<modsnip: Removed due to link to personal social media of someone other than victim or perp>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bit off topic to what is being spoken about currently but i thought it was worth a mention

I just find it puzzling that LE isn't focusing more on the CC. Why haven't they come out and said "We would like to hear from EVERYONE who was at this venue that night" or something along the lines of "It's important that everyone who was at this location between the hours of 10pm and 1.30am comes forward". They haven't said that at a news conference or in a press release that I've seen - instead it was report odd or out-of-the-ordinary events that took place or if you have any more information call our tip line. Wouldn't identifying everyone at the CC be helpful information to the investigation - also identifying anyone that could have been interacting with K & M that night. Process of elimination and all that, the more information they gather the better. Maybe the focus is else where...or they have already identified every person that was in the club.

<modsnip: Link is fine but please do not post pictures with innocent people in it>

<modsnip: Removed due to link to personal social media of someone other than victim or perp>
Wow is that their weekend grad?

The 911 call. Why do you think it hasn’t been released yet?
-The name/names of caller would be revealed?
-There’s information pertinent to the investigation on it?
- Caller is naming a potential suspect or suspects?
- It is so scary they do not want to alarm the public?
I know LE is under no obligation to release the call, however as others have said generally the 911 call is released early in an investigation.
I think that perhaps there was no 911 call about the murders, and the 911 call was about the alive roommate fainting or whatever was reported via media thus far. If the call was about the alive roommate needing medical attention, then there's no 911 call about the 4 dead victims. Maybe police arrived before or around same time as any other student who was summoned to the house?

I was thinking maybe that since X and E came home a similar time to M and K, that they stayed up talking a bit about the argument at the frat party. The argument is just a rumour, can't confirm.

Then K and M wanted to relay the story to J, so phoned him a few times.
Then they fell asleep.
The last call at 2.52 is very close to estimated time of death which is 3 to 4.
But after drink and food and a long day, you can fall asleep very quickly.
Thank you, so the calls were made an hour after they arrived home

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"

I think the news link is conflating two different stories where the Coroner described "quite a bit of blood," and SG offered that the crime scene was "messy" (one of his earlier interviews).

Given the victims were reportedly killed in their beds, and probably sleeping when the attacker entered their rooms, I think the bloody scene was mostly contained in and around the victims' beds, and out of view.

I'm speculating here that one or both of the surviving roommates entered the kitchen at almost noon, and probably thought it odd the house was so quiet. As is the norm for Generation Z, they probably texted/phoned X/E from the kitchen, and when they failed to get a response, probably thought one or both had to be unconscious and called nearby friends and 911.

I think E's brother H was probably one of the first outsiders summoned by the roommates, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the brother that actually discovered E and X mortally wounded.

With the utmost compassion for the surviving roommates, I think instinctively they knew something was very wrong the closer they got to the kitchen. I say this because human blood -- especially in the volume lost by the victims contains water and iron and has a distinctive smell similar to rust. And if you are close enough, depending on the temperature, humidity, etc, you can actually taste the metallic/iron in the air. I hope the surviving roommates saw nothing. MOO

In this day and age, wouldn’t the formal identification of the body be done through dental records, and/or DNA?

Latah County Coroner

“Contrary to popular belief, visual identification by family or friends is not usually necessary. Many methods are used to identify remains by the Coroner's Office. In most cases, photographic identification is all that is required. Occasionally, other methods such as fingerprints, tattoos, jewelry, X-rays are utilized for positive identification. We understand that family may want to view their loved one as soon as possible. It is recommended that this be done at the funeral home facility. We will work with funeral homes to insure this can be accomplished as quickly as possible.”

View attachment 385296
I would think that they have cams installed there as well

When I listen to the coverage I am finding all of the details that the hosts and guests are uninformed about. They make mistakes describing facets of the case because they are not paying attention to it 24/7. Scary that many of us are. But Brian Entin? He’s got it. I wonder how much research he does on cases such as this. There no selfishness or bravado in him. Just a guy freezing his butt off, well versed in a story, and doing his best to seek the truth. Brian needs a Canada Goose for these snowy nights.

IMO a lot of things in this case that are perfectly normal are being treated as suspicious in a way that I find quite odd. College students sleeping until noon, people ignoring text messages in the middle of the night, people being tagged in photos, and people not tidying up before going to bed after a night of partying are about the most normal things I can think of but have all been singled out as extremely suspicious in discussions of this case.
Totally agreed, so many of the things nitpicked are absolutely the most normal.
This is one of those cases that seems to have spurned the sort of need to stay up late and keep turning over the same stones ...over and over

You don't think the ME or a judge would hold that info for investigative purposes? Im basing my opinion on personal experience and about 50 years of crime sleuthing. It took me 2 years to get access to my husband's autopsy. And an ex BF that was murdered was never released to his parents for at least five years that they tried to get it. Imo.
You've had valuable input on every case I've followed here, your reputation preceeds you Dear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member