ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Mr. G has every right to release some info to set the facts straight. And, keep the LE on their toes as well as the public interested by SM reports.
IMO, the killer(s) were male, why not release that fact by LE?
You go Mr. G!
Agreed! At least we get some information from Mr G. The LE made it sound like all 4 died quietly in their bed and they never new what happened. Now we find there were violent struggles. No wonder folks are leery of information from LE. IMHO I think LE is really struggling with this case. The latest update by LE today was really a nothing burger.

So if there was “a hell of a battle”, you would think there would be some blood outside of the victims rooms? Apparently not since the surviving roommates did not see any blood outside victims rooms? Or else, why call 911 and say there might be an unconscious roommate they can’t get a hold of? If they saw blood their call to 911 would be phrased more different than “unconscious”??
As has been discussed earlier on this site, the word "unconscious" may come from the way 911 operators categorize an unresponsive person and may not reflect the exact words, beliefs, or perceptions of those who called 911.

(As I understand it, only people on the scene with specific roles or professions can declare someone dead, so even if someone is described as having wounds that make it clear that they are dead, the 911 operator might still describe them as unconscious or unresponsive.)

JMO

Last edited:
So if there was “a hell of a battle”, you would think there would be some blood outside of the victims rooms? Apparently not since the surviving roommates did not see any blood outside victims rooms? Or else, why call 911 and say there might be an unconscious roommate they can’t get a hold of? If they saw blood their call to 911 would be phrased more different than “unconscious”??

Yes, absolutely. This alleged battle had to be inside the room on the second floor and still consistent with "victims were asleep at the time of the attack." And only one victim has been officially mentioned as having defensive wounds (X). I can't imagine a coroner/ME mentioning just one person for having defensive wounds and not mentioning other defensive wounds, but that's just how my mind works. And how ME's usually work, IME.

Agreed! At least we get some information from Mr G. The LE made it sound like all 4 died quietly in their bed and they never new what happened. Now we find there were violent struggles. No wonder folks are leery of information from LE. IMHO I think LE is really struggling with this case. The latest update by LE today was really a nothing burger.

Only if you want to take SG's perspective above all the other, more official ones. It's not "LE" who said they "died quietly." It's the person who performed the autopsies who has maintained that they were attacked "in their sleep." Nothing about "dying quietly."

There's really no need to misquote LE and ME to make a point. We can each choose whom to believe, but mischaracterizing LE is not necessary.

You believe there were violent struggles, not we. A lot of us do not believe that and will not, not until the autopsy results are out or more is said by the ME. Folks are leery of LE info because of statements such as made here, not because LE has necessarily screwed up.

And we all better get used to many, many days without new, significant information - because when this story heats up, it will be when an arrest is eminent. Be prepared for a wait.

There is no evidence of "violent struggles," period. Not even SG's eyewitness account of his daughter's body provides that.

Coroner/ME states X had defensive wounds. Full stop.

I'm still amazed that anyone could brutally kill four people without one of them being able to get a 911 call or raise the alarm to the other people ?

Also curious about the calls made to the ex-boyfriend only b/c it seems like at least H & M were possibly awake at the time of the slayings ?

Admittedly I do not care at all for some of the msm at this time that appear to cast LE in a negative light --- since they have no suspects, nor an arrest ?

We do not know what information LE have !!!!!

They get one crack at this, and imo the suspect pool could be enormous.
Imo.

Maybe he read her autopsy that Maddie’s family shared with him? Idk

I don't think the autopsy reports would be complete then because toxicology takes weeks and likely won't be released during an active investigation.

Typically, a coroner would sign a death certificate, which is is sufficient for burial and estate affairs.

We don't know what the roommates did or didn't see, which is likely why the 911 recording has not been released.

I can understand the significance of figuring out who or if anyone was the target here, but to assume it was any one of them based off NOTHING seems redundent. It seems like too many people are assuming that KG or MM were the targets simply because they were pretty and blonde?
<modsnip> For most people, I believe the belief that KG was the target is based on her father’s statements to the media that she had worse injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things on the LE release today.

The tips that came flooding in about the Elantra were in fact useful to LE and have led them to investigate new avenues concerning the vehicle. Sounds promising.

I also think there was possibly something, an incident, that happened at Sigma Chi that night, possibly into early morning...9pm to 1:45am. LE needs whatever details anyone can give about, "interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal" during that time period and with possible relation to Ethan an Xana to "add context to what occurred". Something occured out of the norm. AJMO

Link to the info I posted...

Quite possibly, re: incident.

Plug in the addresses attached and it's essentially a box around 1122. It covers all entries/exits to the house. Maybe they're looking for movement N to S of Taylor, or Nez Perce.

They may have simply each viewed their respective daughter's at the funeral home and while the manner of death may be consistent with the coroner's report, there may have been additional injuries that would be visible to a parent without removing a sheet or covering.
If all he saw was just a face then he plainly doesn't know whose injuries were worse. I am not accusing him of anything, I just want to remind he is a traumatised man, going through the worst nightmare in his life. We shouldn't hang onto his words as if it was a gospel, when he is just trying to process something that is hardly possible to be processed.

I really have a feeling LE have zero leads. I think they knew about the White car from very early on and kept that detail quiet in the hope they’d crack the case, then when they couldn‘t they released that detail to see if the public could help. The fact that so much time passed between the murders and details of the car being released is crazy, evidence, particularly CCTV could have been lost by then.
I thought for a while, maybe LE are keeping their cards close to their chest because they’re closing in on a suspect but I don’t believe that for a second now, I think they’re not releasing more detail because as KGs Father said, this was beyond a stabbing... these kids were mutilated and the person who done it is still out there.

I have NOT watched the press conference yet but what makes you say “interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal" during that time period and with possible relation to Ethan an Xana to "add context to what occurred". Something occured out of the norm.”
The stuff in quotations are directly from the LE release today. I linked it and screenshot the area on page 3 that I quoted. That language makes me think something "occured". AJMO

Sorry to ramble. This is just so upsetting to hear about. Sometimes cartels will punish children of their enemies as well. They are heartless.
After hearing the Father's statements today, I am starting to wonder about this. Originally I thought this was a person in the community that wanted revenge. But now I'm wondering if this situation is much bigger than we might have realized.
I have zero evidence and have heard no rumors to support that. I am simply thinking out loud.

There has been no premature release of crime scene photos, though. LE has taken 4000 of them, according to their website.

I don't think we've seen any of them - just photography by journalists from outside the house.

At any rate, why are we discussing premature release of crime scene photos?
I meant releasing descriptions of the wounds suffered by a victim to the media might be an argument that a defense atty could use at trial, coupled with other sensitive details that have already been released, unfortunately. He might also claim that his client was already tried in the press which impedes his client's right to a fair trial.

I don't want to hear anymore evidence released to the press...I want this guy convicted of these crimes in a court of law and given the maximum sentence allowed as I'm sure you do. If you have any legal expertise you can add to this, I'd be most appreciative because I have no legal background as you may have already noticed. Lol

Plug in the addresses attached and it's essentially a box around 1122. It covers all entries/exits to the house. Maybe they're looking for movement N to S of Taylor, or Nez Perce.
Yes and down to Palouse, also that way...and to the Botanical Gardens area.

Could the difference in the wounds be two separate knifes/separate killers? Just thinking out loud. JMO
I think it’s more likely to be technique. Instead of simply an up an down stabbing motion, the killer stabbed and then dragged the blade. ME could differentiate between a knife wound and an axe wound, for example.

I live in a metro area & we have numerous axe throwing establishments, they’ve become a popular attraction. Country boys would just do that in their backyards w/o having to pay, imo.

This is from 2018. “Leave it to the hipsters of Brooklyn to combine craft beer and sharp objects.

Kick Axe Throwing is the first bar in New York City to pick up on a nationwide trend of ax throwing, a growing sport that some enthusiasts hope will take off the way bowling did in the last century.” Move over, darts: Ax throwing gains in popularity

Sorry, but that’s just silly. For most people, I believe the belief that KG was the target is based on her father’s statements to the media that she had worse injuries.
I'm not saying that's what I believe but after having read through 45 pages of this I saw far too many people making that comparison. In regard to KG father's comments, I didn't initially jump to her being the target because her wounds were worse. I can absolutely understand how this makes sense obviously.

After hearing the Father's statements today, I am starting to wonder about this. Originally I thought this was a person in the community that wanted revenge. But now I'm wondering if this situation is much bigger than we might have realized.
I have zero evidence and have heard no rumors to support that. I am simply thinking out loud.
I’m actually the complete opposite. I think the killing was meant to be smaller than it was. I think one victim was targeted and the rest were in the killer’s way, preventing him from getting away. I think this will be someone at least one victim “knew” and I use that term loosely as it could be a former contact, or a stalker at this point.

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed>

That's consistent with a few things they said at the end of last week.

Old Cop pointed out that the "geo-fencing" on this case is roughly a box, with an extension toward the south.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really have a feeling LE have zero leads. I think they knew about the White car from very early on and kept that detail quiet in the hope they’d crack the case, then when they couldn‘t they released that detail to see if the public could help. The fact that so much time passed between the murders and details of the car being released is crazy, evidence, particularly CCTV could have been lost by then.
I thought for a while, maybe LE are keeping their cards close to their chest because they’re closing in on a suspect but I don’t believe that for a second now, I think they’re not releasing more detail because as KGs Father said, this was beyond a stabbing... these kids were mutilated and the person who done it is still out there.

And I have the opposite feeling.

I think they have way too many leads at this point in time, although I will bet that one and only one person stands out as a main POI right now. But, they are obligated to not narrow focus until substantial leads have been followed.

I think it's going to be quite a while before either of us is proven right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia