ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were able to see where the car turned from the Exxon camera, it would have presumably been turning onto E White Ave, correct?

Good job by the station clerk. However I find it astounding that LE had not canvassed the area for all available video immediately after the murders. I trust this is not an indication of the other facets of the investigation.
I’m wondering if they had the car at the A&W and saw it take a right from Taylor onto 95S. So they made that road the east border of the grid. They may not have been able to identify the make and model initially.

Good job by the station clerk. However I find it astounding that LE had not canvassed the area for all available video immediately after the murders. I trust this is not an indication of the other facets of the investigation.
That time stamp 3:45 next to a picture of I don't know what which has a time of 3:26 underneath. This case...

Or coindidentally a white sedan went zipping by a mobil station at 3:45 and was completely unrelated... hmmm
Well, since I’m fairly certain the police would have already spoken to any owners of that type of vehicle in the Moscow vicinity BEFORE reaching out to the public, I think we can deduce that this is potentially NOT one of those individuals (otherwise that person would certainly have told police they were out and about that night and drove here and there).

interesting map directions says Taylor to 95 then left on styner but U can bypass that and go right to styner by making a right on Lauder from Taylor. If im a local driver im taking this way. if im following directions its different. Wonder which way they went
And, if you are correct, it may have been done to avoid cctv at the corner of Taylor and 95.

Have been faithfully following since beginning, but have absolutely had to skip a lot of pages, so I don't mean to be a newcomer to already asked and answered inquiries, but:

1) Has it been confirmed that the J being repetitively called by K&M was, in fact, K's ex?

2) I don't know many people who sleep on their backs (including myself), though I know some do. But what are the odds that ALL 4 of the victims were sleeping on their backs (considering they all were stabbed in the chest)? It's just an odd detail that my brain refuses to let go of...
Yes, but at “what point” were they stabbed in the chest and other vital areas? Perhaps the killer began stabbing randomly and during the fray they received the subsequent stab wounds to the chest? Some may have been inflicted while they were prone and in bed, others while they were standing or kneeling on the bed attempting to fend off the attacker. I highly doubt they just laid there and let it happen, tried to hide under the covers or play dead. Even highly inebriated and tired people would be jolted into a state of some clarity and lucidity by the rush of adrenaline and norepinephrine alone. MOO

Shoe leather. Should have come knocking. It's just over a mile in the dead of a November Sunday night, not many out -- an open business.
This is missing one key piece - LE likely did not know about the vehicle being by the victim’s house before an eye witness told them about it. So, watching the videos a month ago would have shown a whole lot of nothing.

If you watch the video in the Fox story they state car turned onto a side street, so I think that this was perp going to King Rd house...not leaving.
there are so many implications with this...clearly premeditated and M and K would not have been followed directly from the bar..also if on the way to murder than killer not watching from windows across the street. I hope they get a plate #...

Yes, but at “what point” were they stabbed in the chest and other vital areas? Perhaps the killer began stabbing randomly and during the fray they received the subsequent stab wounds to the chest? Some may have been inflicted while they were prone and in bed, others while they were standing or kneeling on the bed attempting to fend off the attacker. I highly doubt they just laid there and let it happen, tried to hide under the covers or play dead. Even highly inebriated and tired people would be jolted into a state of some clarity and lucidity by the rush of adrenaline and norepinephrine alone. MOO
Agreed, which is why the LE statements (Coroner, etc) that they were attacked while asleep and that the wounds were to the chest and upper body is confusing to me...much like the rest of this case. MOO.

This is missing one key piece - LE likely did not know about the vehicle being by the victim’s house before an eye witness told them about it. So, watching the videos a month ago would have shown a whole lot of nothing.
True but you'd have gone & collected all footage at big stores, gas stations close to the murder scene & which were open at 3am on 13th just because there's so few public cameras in that area.
( You wouldn't know to be looking for a white car, naturally, but equally there can't be that many people driving around or, for example, even calling into a gas station at 3-4am in a tiny town like Moscow. You wouldn't' want to risk waiting so long that the footage had been recorded over)

2) I don't know many people who sleep on their backs (including myself), though I know some do. But what are the odds that ALL 4 of the victims were sleeping on their backs (considering they all were stabbed in the chest)? It's just an odd detail that my brain refuses to let go of...

The Coroner Cathy Mabbutt was quoted as saying “The victims were stabbed in the chest and upper body.”. Meaning it’s possible some victims were laying on their chest and others on their back when stabbed. JMO

It’s heartbreaking. I don’t know if this was the typical or atypical contact behavior. Maybe something odd happened earlier in the night. One girl woke up and thought about an earlier event in the night ‘oh no’ I think this could be trouble… she asks her friend who agrees and they call J to ask his opinion?
It is heartbreaking. I've wondered from the first time I read about how K & M spent the hours before going home at a local bar, and how that day there was a Big Home Game with hundreds and hundreds of people from out of town (as well as sorority & fraternity events being hosted), whether something happened that made them uncomfortable and/or someone slipped them something that made them feel off during that time.

If so, that could explain in the video from outside the grub truck after they left the bar, why they seemed to be ignoring everyone around them & acting super focused on their phones & acting like they wanted to just be left alone & get their food & get home. In addition, it looked like they were a bit unsteady on their feet -- maybe more so than from a few drinks throughout the night. IMO it's not out of the question (toxicology reports would have to assess this) that they were "roofied" at the bar, which is an unfortunately too common way predators can secretly & severely disable women out drinking in public, and then later when bad things happen to the woman, it is implied it was their own fault because they had too much to drink, classic victim setup, disabling, and blaming behavior.

In the video, one of them (M or K, I had a hard time telling them apart in the grub truck video late at night) even lifted her whole arm high & pointed her finger right at someone in the crowd outside the grub truck and yelled "You!!" I've wondered what that was about, and there's "no telling" who they ran into that evening, if they acted aggressive towards them, or the opposite, were looking out for them and "just trying to make sure they got home safe."

I've always had in the back of my mind that they could have been roofied & were being followed from the bar by one or more predator or stalker or creeper, and they only escaped from the imminent threat by stopping at the grub truck & insisting on calling a trusted private party for their own ride home. Then when they got home they were able to take stock of how they felt & felt about their interactions with people that evening, and became unsettled & started calling K's ex boyfriend.

Signs of Being Roofied & How to Recover

Fingers crossed it all comes out soon what K & M's evening was like, as well as what X & E experienced that evening in their interactions with people during that "missing timeline" in the hours before they arrived home that is even more cloudy at this point.

this is a good point and speculation about Delphi belongs over there, but it touches on the idea that often those closest to a murderer have no idea that their loved one could be capable of such evil. RA was just so nice and helpful at the CVS...chilling.
Wasn’t speculating at all and if so I’m aware it should be on the D thread
My response was regarding dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads