ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is your theory rahod1 on the Elantra - is it involved???? and where is it while they are committing the murders??

- if they picked their prey and followed them to the house and killed them and upped the ante ? how is the car tied in 1 hour later driving near the scene. If they followed them on foot? Is this what you mean rahod1??? MOO

Last edited:
Didn’t one of the surviving roommates’ parents state that their daughter did hear something? It was very early on—was that an actual quote from a parent? If so, that might also be partially where the timeframe comes from. If true, they might have just thought it was the usual party noise.

Two roommates were home at the time of the killings, police have said. The roommates heard something, according to Chapin’s mother, Stacy, though she did not get into details.

yes, but as I said above, the car's owner would still know that they had a 2011-2013 Elantra that they'd rented, and even if it were a stolen card, there's still a trail. IMO that's better than painted car with junkyard plates.

Today’s gangs are more interested in white collar crime than they were even just a few years ago. Identity theft is one of their specialties now. Whoever did this may be in a gang or have purchased a stolen identity. I don’t think it’s very traceable, unfortunately.

True, the word is tossed around and used very casually these days especially with social media. No idea with K though... Really hard to tell but should be noted.

I still say to anyone out there, if someone makes you feel uncomfortable in a situation (work, school, online, etc.) or affects your livelihood or privacy, document and even report a police report as a just in case. People can escalate, always good to have a record - make a copy of your log and give to friends, family or LE. It doesn't hurt to be safe.
You are correct. The term "stalker" is overused and incorrectly used to the degree that some might be seen as "crying wolf" when using it. For example, a mom keeping tabs on her kids' SM accounts could be accused by her teen of being a "stalker." A fan who is crushing on and following every SM post of the object of their affection is also called a "stalker." The problem is that our culture actively encourages today's generation to live very public SM lives, with the goal of gathering as many "followers" and "fans" as possible, becoming a SM "influencer." To be a SM influencer, you must of necessity have a lot of followers who obsessively follow your every move and hang on your ever word. Even well-known celebrities set up "Only Fans" accounts, where they trade privacy and security for views and cash. I'm not faulting the victims, but to varying degrees, they were representative of most of today's SM generation. Privacy is a thing of the past. It's a voyeuristic dream for potential predators, and we have made this kind of voyeurism a trendy past-time, obsessing over how many views and likes and re-tweets and clicks we receive in exchange for putting our lives on display.

any one else feeling like the arrest is imminent ?
I feel like this whole thing about the Elantra has come about after questioning someone and they are trying to prove/ disprove their version of events

With the amount of tips they must have got perhaps they now have enough
I actually posted my thoughts last week but didnt realize you couldn't do that on here especially a character, , but I drifted at times but I still think I'm pretty correct in my thoughts and yes I feel they are close especially with the above posts about planes today... I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something by Xmas hopefully

Ok, so a neighbor wouldn’t need a vehicle, and if the car was regularly parked in the vicinity, LE would know by now, presumably (al though I mentioned two previous cases upstream where it turned out the vehicle was parked right there In the driveway closeby and it didn’t lead to an arrest).

So IF a neighbor, maybe he borrowed a family member’s car because he (or doubtfully but possibly she) wanted a quick getaway and opportunity to clean up away from people.

Sounds like I’m reaching, but just thinking out loud about the neighbor theory.

My point is I just ruled out the neighbor theory based on the presence of a vehicle, but maaaybe not so necessarily.

How many people were in the car? Just the perp? Probably. But who knows...Birds of a feather...

Talking it out loud, I’d say the above seems perhaps less likely than a lone perp.

Last edited:
This case is not big news in other parts of the US. I've mentioned it to different sets of friends and they seem to have heard about it, but other than that, nothing.
My spouse hadn't heard about it at all until I gave him a synopsis a week ago. Of course, we don't live anywhere near there, but still...many, many people do not keep up with this kind of news.

any one else feeling like the arrest is imminent ?
I feel like this whole thing about the Elantra has come about after questioning someone and they are trying to prove/ disprove their version of events

With the amount of tips they must have got perhaps they now have enough
Nope. And I’m concerned that one day I am going to hear that the occupants of the Elantra have been cleared. Maybe they know who did this and are really focused and making their case. Maybe not.

I’m grateful that LE let us know there was no evidence of SA. That helps to know, unlike in some cases like Abby’s and Libby’s where they don’t say anything and we can’t rule that motive out for five plus years.

Of course that’s another question in itself, how reliable is that testing, what constitutes SA, etc. But taking that at face value, what LE says, that there’s no SA...

This is what leads to possible motive simply possibly being “desire to kill.”

My first guess on motive was SA. So with that being put aside...

I’m thinking incel type, rejected, younger, possibly video games and *advertiser censored* all day JMO

Eta:
Maybe in his mind He could never have such beautiful girls...

Last edited:

Brian Entin doing a live w/ just general info.

One thing I caught is that he said the Goncalves atty put in a request w/ the police department to find out why it took so long to get to the one vape shop. The vape shop is the one that LE went to at 9 days and the recording had been overwritten after 7 days.

Additionally, he says there was a rumor that police were at the frat house. Indeed that is not correct. He said the Idaho State Police always stage near there. So, nothing is going on at frat house.

He says he will be on Banfield tonight.

He also talks about an apt. complex owner nearby who gave the police a month worth of video. There was a light colored car at the 3:00 mark but it was too dark and blurry to tell if white and what it was. Supposedly police told this man that they were going to have the FBI enhance the video.

I don’t see how they haven’t found this car yet? With the timing it’s seems like this person followed their Uber (whatever service they used) home. So point of contact must have been either bar or food truck. They have plenty of video from those places. Can’t LE check to see if any of those people own or have access to this car? It seems very odd to me this person who be so random to just happen to drive to this small town and just happen to pick this house and on this night and pull this off.

This seems like an attack from someone who knew one of those 4 victims. They have this car description so what gives?

I’m starting to wonder if they aren’t know who the person is and they are putting this pressure on him to see if he tries to make a run. Idk.

I'm gonna show my age here with my question. Are smart watches considered stylish by the teens and early 20s crowd? Would girls going out on the town be likely to wear that accessory when dressing up? I feel like that might be something they leave at home but it might be my age showing.
Very trendy; they are often used as an easy way to get messages, etc. without using the actual phone. At the food truck, K was on her phone quite a bit, but she has long sleeves, and I can't tell if she is wearing a smartwatch. Also popular are FitBits and similar wrist fitness trackers that record steps taking, miles walked, heart rate, sleep patterns, etc. If any of the victims wore one, it would likely show exactly when they fell asleep and when they were stabbed or died.

I’m curious what time the members of the house typically went to bed on a night they were partying/having people over. Neighbors have said it was an unusually quiet night for the house. So was turning in around 3 AM early for them or about the time they would have gone to sleep had they had people over?

IMO that could say something about how well the perp knew them/their routine and/or if they were being watched that night. If they usually always were tucked in for the night by 3 even when having get togethers, then maybe the perp just happened to show up on a quieter night. If this was an unusually early bed time, then I feel the perp would have had to have some knowledge that their activities were different that night. MOO
From what I read/heard (I believe it was an audio interview) a neighbor who was up late said it was markedly quiet for the neighborhood- not just for that house. That's prob due to there being a football game and people started partying early thus didn't host all night or late night parties- all the college students had already been at it all day.

It is a common inference in the world of LE that if a murder victim’s face is covered up, it possibly indicates the killer knew the victim.

Could one of the victims have been covered with a sheet over their face, hence the reference to this possibly being a “targeted” incident?

I don’t think it’s particularly likely considering there were four victims, but throwing it out there.
IMO with the victims already being in bed, it is likely the killer did cover them up. Covering up is indicative of killer knowing victim and/or guilt/ remorse.

There is an app called Turo that is like AirBnB but for cars, in the sense that people can list their own personal vehicles for rent, Turo's website says host cars can be up to 12 years old. It's popular among young people because it's cheaper than renting a car through a business, especially for people under 25 who often have to pay liability fees or just flat out can't rent.
Yes, there are several companies like that. Some are nationwide and others regional. I've looked into that before, especially because car rental availability has been more scarce in recent years. It's surprising. Some people with luxury vehicles like Tesla or uniquely decorated or outfitted vehicles will list their vehicles on services like this.

I don’t see how they haven’t found this car yet? With the timing it’s seems like this person followed their Uber (whatever service they used) home. So point of contact must have been either bar or food truck. They have plenty of video from those places. Can’t LE check to see if any of those people own or have access to this car? It seems very odd to me this person who be so random to just happen to drive to this small town and just happen to pick this house and on this night and pull this off.

This seems like an attack from someone who knew one of those 4 victims. They have this car description so what gives?

I’m starting to wonder if they aren’t know who the person is and they are putting this pressure on him to see if he tries to make a run. Idk.
I’m sure they’ve checked the vehicles of all people known to be in contact with the victims; just no one drives a white Hyundai.

I totally agree, it doesn’t make sense that a person unknown to the victims, who lives out of town, would travel to their residence.

I really think this is going to be a college aged male who perhaps had attended that college, and knew at least one of the victims. It’s huge they have a vehicle of interest though, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a major break in the next week or so.

I've responded to this earlier. They picked their prey...followed them to the house intending to kill... a house they probably were unfamiliar with and didn't know that others were also inside at the time. So, they were then willing to UP THE ANTE and kill TWO more victims with two others on the first floor? That's a much bigger chunk than they bargained for. Far fetched scenario MOO
I think it is possible for the killer to have some familiarity with the house since it was a party house. By simply attending a party there in the past he could have picked up on not only the general layout but who slept in which room. This has been brought up a countless number of times on these threads.

i think social media (inc this Twitch feed) could have given him the details he needed that night to complete his pre-planned attack. He would know the girls were out and about if he saw them on the feed. And knowing that the food from this food truck is often used by the college kids after a night of drinking, the killer could have gained certainty that girls' night on the town was drawing to a close.

MOO

My biggest fear is if this case doesn't get solved soon, or at least some kind of positive movement, it will start to fade away. Not from the sleuthing community, but the mainstream media, social media and the general public. They will move on to the next big story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife