ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe it is this company, it is a global network security company with a base in Austin.

Extreme Networks

JMO
Yes, that's it. I found a linkedin message from the CEO. Here's a snippet of the message:

Amy Aylward on LinkedIn: Extreme Networks CEO: Beating Cisco An ‘Exclamation Mark’ On Fiscal Year…

Kaylee Goncalves joined Extreme in June 2022 as an intern on the US Commercial team. As someone new to the IT/Technology world, Kaylee approached the role...

That's news to me! Who made the request?

Something I noticed watching that bodycam footage... At the very beginning, the first officer on the scene is seemingly narrating the video.

Stop and watch.
Gotta wait for them to get up here anyway.
This is where we can stop, observe what's going on, see if there's any other activity we need to be aware of.
Now let's go make contact.

That just struck me as odd. I wonder if officers are beginning to treat bodycams as home videos, or some sort of performance art.

Or maybe it's for training purposes.

This obviously wouldn't apply to a hired gun (!), but I've been thinking the reason for using the knife could have been as simple as the perp never having shot a gun before. I know guns are everywhere in the US, but there's probably still quite a few people who know nothing about loading and using a gun.
I respectfully disagree. i think if this is a hitman murder, use of a specific type of weapon (ie gun/Rambo-style knife) may depend on what the person(s) hiring the hitman wish to achieve (apart from the murder.) IMO use of a gun, even with a silencer, is far more likely to draw attention immediately - much riskier than using a knife. However, IMO, the shock value of a horrific knife slaughter, along with the likely required stealth, in a relatively small community, is much more likely to create utter terror. (IMO it may also serve as a particlarly ghastly message to some who know they "on the wrong side" of certain individuals,

MOO>>> Chances are very good. I would assume they had gloves on as well has head cover and robust clothing. Attacking by surprise probably insured that any defensive actions by the victims were *minimal* at best and certainly not sufficient to inflict wounds on the killer.
So what type of DNA could be left behind other than their blood? Other sources (spit..sweat...hairs) aren't likely, albeit still possible.

Almost impossible not to shed skin cells everywhere you go or leave impressions of your skin dust (which will usually be an incomplete DNA profile, but the pieces can be put together for a good to excellent profile),

The real problem, for me, is that so many people had been in the house (with and without specific knowledge or permission from the leaseholders, IMO). What they need is the touch DNA from the actual crime rooms. I am confident they have *something.*

In this case, I'm not sure DNA will give any kind of slam dunk. But it's a small town, and people notice, people talk. I am of the "not a total stranger" camp right now, and that's partly because Chief Fry keeps saying his confidence level is rising.

Did you read his creds? Impressive. He's not working in a vacuum, remember.
I find it entitled to presume you can select the lead investigator for a case. In most jurisdictions, whoever catches the case catches the case. All of them should be qualified to close a case. It's not like this is the first quaderuple homocide that has ever happened. In my opinion, with most of the department, 30+ ISP officers and 60 FBI employees, including three agents from the B.S.U, I'm pretty sure a ham sandwich would have just as good a chance of solving the case as anyone. I will avoid social issues, but this notion of getting special treatment is exactly the type of thing that will derail an investigation. It's a distraction and presents the same risks outlined by David Simon in the Laytona Watson case.

I respectfully disagree. i think if this is a hitman murder, use of a specific type of weapon (ie gun/Rambo-style knife) may depend on what the person(s) hiring the hitman wish to achieve (apart from the murder.) IMO use of a gun, even with a silencer, is far more likely to draw attention immediately - much riskier than using a knife. However, IMO, the shock value of a horrific knife slaughter, along with the likely required stealth, in a relatively small community, is much more likely to create utter terror. (IMO it may also serve as a particlarly ghastly message to some who know they "on the wrong side" of certain individuals,
Yeah, if a suppressor reduced the deciabals of a 140 dB shot by 20-35 deciabals it would still be loud as all get-out with three houses nearby

It's for this very reason why I think the surviving roommates have been completely silent in this whole ordeal. They definitely have not done any interviews w/journalists. They must be completely terrified. If it were me at that age, I'm pretty sure I'd go into hiding.

They are witnesses in a homicide investigation. LE has certainly reminded them that they can’t speak to each other, the victim’s families, any other witnesses and the media.

They are witnesses in a homicide investigation. LE has certainly reminded them that they can’t speak to each other, the victim’s families, any other witnesses and the media.
What makes you think witnesses in a homicide investigation can't talk to each other? It happens all the time. Perhaps at a trial a judge could order it, but I've never heard of a law allowing police to bar it. And there is that whole free association thingy that the Supreme Court ruled on in NAACP vs. Alabama ....

I have entirely different views on what the calls mean. And I realize that my view is probably unusual or unpopular. Both of us are merely speculating - but my view is different.

Yes, they did get a dog together. And just like having a baby, sometimes that makes a relationship stronger and better - and a lot of times, it might not. Sometimes people get a dog to try and fix a relationship as well.

@10ofRods I was hoping you were going to elaborate on your opinion on what the calls meant, but looks like I'm waiting in vain for that to happen ;)

IME you are totally right about the dog/relationship potentials. If there are already cracks in a relationship, a dog can really blow it up IME. Just my opinion & experience. edited to clarify the the cracks were in the relationship, not the dog.

Last edited:
LE may have requested those things from them but I don't think the police can order them not to talk to anyone about what they know or witnessed. I think that can only be done by a judge in the form of a gag order. Moo

LE may have requested those things from them but I don't think the police can order them not to talk to anyone about what they know or witnessed. I think that can only be done by a judge in the form of a gag order. Moo

It seems they may be following the advice of LE so far and I really hope they do.

I can assure the only thing worse than having a loved one murdered is never seeing justice served because an investigation has been compromised.

That is 100% false. LE cannot demand silence. LE cannot demand they not associate with others. This is basic 1st amendment stuff.

(Gag orders are rarely granted. There is no gag order here).

the fact that she and MM are calling him 10x and asking him to come over makes me think that they are still close- not a real breaking up...and they did get the dog together, which, IMO, is many couples' "first child." (I have been totally wrong about people on WS before, and I know it, but IMO IMO) Some people do grow apart over time, and others wind up back together.
IMO, Could KGs new job have come with “strings attached”? Did an unknown (to us) male influence or help her get that internship/job?

Ex-boyfriend of Idaho student murder victim heartbroken as 'half of America' thinks he killed the 'love of his life' and her three friends, his aunt reveals​

I hope he doesn't mind his aunt speaking to the press. It's going to be a tough enough Holiday for him as it is.

That is 100% false. LE cannot demand silence. LE cannot demand they not associate with others. This is basic 1st amendment stuff.

(Gag orders are rarely granted. There is no gag order here).
But why would you want to jeopardize the case just because you have the right to speak and assemble? I don't get it.

Almost impossible not to shed skin cells everywhere you go or leave impressions of your skin dust (which will usually be an incomplete DNA profile, but the pieces can be put together for a good to excellent profile),

The real problem, for me, is that so many people had been in the house (with and without specific knowledge or permission from the leaseholders, IMO). What they need is the touch DNA from the actual crime rooms. I am confident they have *something.*

In this case, I'm not sure DNA will give any kind of slam dunk. But it's a small town, and people notice, people talk. I am of the "not a total stranger" camp right now, and that's partly because Chief Fry keeps saying his confidence level is rising.
IMO- locksmith? Home renovator? Construction?property manager?property owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214