ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 minutes to 20 minutes 50 ft or so to 1/4 of a mile are huge differences IMO when a baby is missing.
I haven't watched every interview etc but what I was believing for quite some time was that Mom and dad went to the creek no more than 50 ft/yds? Not sure on that one at this time but that they went to look around, found some minnows and went straight back to camp to get Deor. Now if they went to the reservoir there is so much more place/time for a baby to get lost to than what was originally stated.
Is this Nate guy muddying the waters on purpose? I just dont get it.
A quarter mile walk to the reservoir and back would be easily done in 20 minutes if you went there and pretty much straight back. But Why is it now they walked to the reservoir and before they only knew about the reservoir and it's view of the whole campground when LE was called?

What you describe here has been the problem from the get go. Be that from LE, the four POI's or the media, details have constantly changed.

If it turns out that all the changing information and IMO general caginess is because they were actually gone longer and further than originally stated (fearing repercussions?) that would be really sad.

About the reservoir and its view of the whole campground. I don't think this is true looking at the drone footage. If anything the reservoir is slightly below the campground.

I made a more detailed one, but I guess Bessie didn't want to post that one... and I deleted it from my files... :dunno:

Me three... :(

And that's why I believe my Timeline wasn't posted. I had the times down for that Friday, and than the different times of "when" they arrived - Thursday or Friday!!??!! became a mystery!

I too wondered about the dogs going to the reservoir - now it DOES make sense, as you say.

[emoji14]raying: for DeOrr! Where are you little boy??!!!
Where is your timeline? That link I was given didn't show me any specific timeline.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The timings involved in this case have been varied from the start and I find it strange that LE have never formally confirmed them. I know each force is different, but if ever details were needed to silence the doubters, this is it... seems to me there is no definite proof of anything, including whether Deorr was ever at the camp site in the first place as some have speculated.

I'd like to think the police know what happened and are playing the watching & waiting game, and the early interview the sheriff gave was great, but we never heard the FBI report and there's been little info since.

I've said it before but this goes down in my personal Websleuths history as THE most frustrating case. Not just because Deorr is still missing, but because we have debated/discussed/speculated and gone round in circles for almost 15000 posts about literally nothing. There is as much confusion and ambiguity surrounding his disappearance as there was on page 1.

:gaah:

The timings involved in this case have been varied from the start and I find it strange that LE have never formally confirmed them. I know each force is different, but if ever details were needed to silence the doubters, this is it... seems to me there is no definite proof of anything, including whether Deorr was ever at the camp site in the first place as some have speculated.

I'd like to think the police know what happened and are playing the watching & waiting game, and the early interview the sheriff gave was great, but we never heard the FBI report and there's been little info since.

I've said it before but this goes down in my personal Websleuths history as THE most frustrating case. Not just because Deorr is still missing, but because we have debated/discussed/speculated and gone round in circles for almost 15000 posts about literally nothing. There is as much confusion and ambiguity surrounding his disappearance as there was on page 1.

:gaah:
It is so frustrating! By now I am very used to conflicting details at the start of a case, people are in a rush to get the information out there and it is extremely common for misinformation to be put out there. But usually within a week or two, even if the case remains unsolved, the basic details are concrete. This case is months old and we still don't know any more than we did in the first few days. And each bit of information we "know" has at least 2-3 variations. It is maddening! Yet I still continue to check in every day hoping for a break in the case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BBM.

To be fair there is a lot confusion I think because of how Deorr Senior described the area in the Nate Eaton interview.

He starts by saying how open but small the campground is and that it was right below/underneath the reservoir. Then talks about the road that goes up and along the top of their campground that enables you to see everything going on but are unable to see out from the campground.

Here is the drone footage:

[video=youtube;7Gm_SPAmsRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm_SPAmsRE[/video]

@CoverMeCagney

Can't say I disagree.

I'd not seen that interview - who were all those people (left to right)? And have they ruled out the abduction theory?

@CoverMeCagney

Jessica Mitchell (mother), Deorr Senior (father), Trina Bates Clegg (JM's mother) and Tanisha Kunz (Deorr Sr's sister)

Nobody has ruled out the abduction theory and that is still what the family believe, AFAIK.

I'd not seen that interview - who were all those people (left to right)? And have they ruled out the abduction theory?

Standing and speaking are Jessica, Vernal, (Deorr parents) Jessica's mom and Vernal's twin sister. At the picnic table are the above folks and a couple of volunteers.

Sheriff Bowerman has been quoted as saying it's highly unlikely Deorr was abducted or taken by an animal, but he can't rule it out.

I wonder if all the inconsistencies with times and places stem from the fact four different adults gave their version of what happened. Even from the first televised interview, the parents seem to have differing ideas of how long they searched and how far they were from the camp ground.

And somehow I think Sheriff Bowerman knows it isn't crucial to discern although it drives me crazy. If it's 20 to 45 minutes that Deorr was not being watched, as Bowerman is quoted as saying, then I'm going with 45 because it is the least likely way of not missing something.

I patiently wait for resolution for lil DeOrr ~ Christmas approaching, a sad time without your little son, I really thought we would hear something by now, even if from the family - I am puzzled on this case. Wish we had more facts and interviews. Surely I thought we would hear by now.

Are we allowed to link provide a link to something that EIN posts on the EIN FB page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, but if it is EIN replying then I wouldn't think it would be any different than a news report.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2015/12/15/deorr-kunz-missing

Tue December 15, 2015

Short video from Nancy and Nate Eaton (East Idaho News)
Bring Deorr home for Christmas

Nothing new here, but good to see Nancy airing the case.

The sensationalist Nancy Grace show along with Nate are the ones responsible for most of the wrong and contradictory reports

Better to listen to the sheriff himself

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio...d-bowerman-john-kelly-radio-archive-oct-2015/

And pay attention to what Tricia & the Sheriff say about folks who type junk without thinking

There is a lesson to be learned here , especially on the DeOrr case.

Best wishes.

I'm not sure, but if it is EIN replying then I wouldn't think it would be any different than a news report.

In my opinion, it seems that Nate likely misspoke. (Too bad he would provide conflicting info, since he's one of just a couple of people reporting on this case. But I guess it shows that you can't believe everything you read/hear. Better to go by LE says.)

The confusing thing here is if Nate Eaton is responsible for a lot of the conflicting info then why hasn't the Sheriff or the parents called him out about it?

Why would the parents also keep giving him time for interviews etc? They have been very quick and vocal about the few bad eggs spreading lies/mis-info on SM.

Until and unless either the Sheriff and/or the parents say he's getting things wrong why should we assume it?

On the EIN Facebook page, NE responds to viewer comments about NG- He says that he misspoke about the parents going up to the resivor so I'm glad that is cleared up so this case will not get anymore confusing than it already is.

The confusing thing here is if Nate Eaton is responsible for a lot of the conflicting info then why hasn't the Sheriff or the parents called him out about it?

Why would the parents also keep giving him time for interviews etc? They have been very quick and vocal about the few bad eggs spreading lies/mis-info on SM.

Until and unless either the Sheriff and/or the parents say he's getting things wrong why should we assume it?

To be fair to Nate, I don't know if he is responsible for "a lot" of conflicting info. His style seems to be very passive. He mostly lets people talk and doesn't ask a lot questions. But anyone who has been following this case for two days knows he should be a bit more careful about accuracy when he does speak. Glad he clarified.

To be fair to Nate, I don't know if he is responsible for "a lot" of conflicting info. His style seems to be very passive. He mostly lets people talk and doesn't ask a lot questions. But anyone who has been following this case for two days knows he should be a bit more careful about accuracy when he does speak. Glad he clarified.

Thanks for asking the question. It was good of him to hold his hand up.

I don't know why but I thought he was a new/inexperienced journalist trying a bit too hard but I looked at his bio on EIN and he's really experienced.

He seems to be the only staff member going out doing interviews and facing the camera? A case of taking too much on alone?

Ava Adore said:
Where is your timeline? That link I was given didn't show me any specific timeline.

I don't know IF I can post it? I just rescued the file from my recycling bin, so if permitted I shall post it for you all. Let me ask Bessie! :D

Glad NE clarified that they didn't go up to the reservoir! I thought we had another "mystery" on our hands!

I still don't understand how he could be so mixed up. It was in his very own interview that they told him they went exploring down towards the creek and saw some minnows... NE also did a news clip at the campground where he showed the direction they went. So weird.

I still don't understand how he could be so mixed up. It was in his very own interview that they told him they went exploring down towards the creek and saw some minnows... NE also did a news clip at the campground where he showed the direction they went. So weird.

I know. And he used such specific language. Maybe he had a Marsha Brady "freeze" moment like she had on the game show and drew a blank. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member