ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the diaper story questionable. Supposedly Trina asked law enforcement for permission before disposing of it in a trash bag hanging from a tree, which was being used by a church who was there helping feed the searchers.

To me it seems like LE would want the diaper for evidence just in case. Especially if it was actually a "dirty" diaper as opposed to just a wet diaper, because drug tests can be done on feces, plus DNA testing could be done to verify the diaper belonged to DeOrr.

However, if LE really wasn't considering the situation anything other than a child who wandered away from his parents, maybe they wouldn't have thought they needed the diaper. You would think that in today's world, any missing child would immediately be treated as a possible crime situation until proven otherwise, but it probably depends on the circumstances and in this case the wandering boy scenario was somewhat plausible in the beginning.

But overall, the diaper story doesn't ring true to me.
Yes I agree with you. I think LE might of messed up on this case and probably have to rethink their procedures.

Where has it been proven beyond reasonable doubt that she in fact did kill her child? Sorry but i haven't seen it yet.
And if they are covering an accident because of negligence or whatever, then that still doesn't make them guilty of killing their child, but makes them guilty of a different type of crime.

It is unbelievable how quickly people are willing to say Klein is at fault, yet defend the people who are ultimately responsible for the child's death even if it was negligence.

My personal opinion is that it was negligence; however, JM is a caregiver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Day 1 info has been withheld and distorted by the parents. Their very first story is simply not believable - we are out in the wilderness, with poor cell coverage and a 45 minute drive to civilization, but we're going to "explore" without our 2 year old who is probably the most curious to explore than any of them, and we're going to leave the 2 year old with his elderly great grandpa who is oxygen dependent and in "poor health", and oh, our campsite is just yards from a steep embankment at the bottom of which is a creek, and great grandpa couldn't possibly catch him if he took off in that direction. Oh, we also didn't make absolutely certain that grandpa knew he was in charge of the two year old, because what could go wrong in that scenario?

Responsible parents do not do that. When you're in a new place with a toddler you're hyper-vigilant.

You don't do interviews in which you lavish praise on the searchers who haven't actually found the kid yet. Yes, thanking them for their efforts is appropriate but not gushing on and on about how amazing they are. They can't be that amazing if the boy is still missing.

They actively rejected efforts to help them, including Vilt offering up $20K of his own money as a reward. Seriously?! Who turns down that kind of assistance? Oh, I know...someone who already knows where the child is, that's who.

They declined to talk to the media because they didn't want their words twisted - BS. They didn't want it to be so damn obvious that they couldn't keep their stories straight.

They let his eye color go uncorrected on the missing poster for MONTHS.

They have angrily reacted publicly to the accusations that they know more than they're saying, but the local law enforcement agency, the FBI, and two private investigators have come to the conclusion that they are lying.

None of their actions since he disappeared have been geared towards finding him, but many of their actions have been geared towards preventing him being found.

There's nothing about them that is NOT suspicious, in my opinion. I think even their loyal families have begun to doubt their innocence, despite their statements of total belief in them.
Your plugged in for sure! I totally agree with all you said. I too tried being fair, weighing the pros and cons and to be honest with you, I cannot find ANYTHING in their favor! It will be interesting, if it ever does go to trial, what sort of defense they'll get behind?

Is it strange that there was only one dirty diaper for all of Thursday night through Friday afternoon? Hmmm.
For sure. You'd think there would of been at least 2 or 3? My grandsons first morning diaper is soaking, probably weighs a few pounds! He'll be three at the end of this month and does not even like to sit on the potty. He doesn't wake up with a poopy diaper. JMO

I think VDK convinced JM that some situation would be safe for Deorr. I think she was against whatever it was and he talked her into it, probably truly believing himself that it was safe. I think this explains her cold attitude toward him in the interviews. So, gross negligence combined with ignorance would be what I attribute it to. My second guess would be punishment gone to far, which Is murder IMO.

I also still get a weird feeling that in the first interview, they might have thought there was a chance that he was still alive even though they knew something had happened and they knew they were at fault. I know that doesn't make much sense and I guess the emotions I'm seeing could just be that they had not accepted what had happened yet. Maybe.

This will be the last time I say this because I think it sounds stupid and insults my intellect (lol!), but something about VDK's demeanor still reminds me of balloon boy's dad and makes me think this might have started out as a hoax or some way to get attention and then things didn't go as planned.

Has anyone given this any thought: JM's dad lived in Dillon Mt. years ago. From Leadore Idaho to the reservoir (Clark Canyon) near Dillon is 1 hr 31 minutes, to Dillon Mt itself is 1 hr 51 min, if traveling the mountain roads. There are so many places between the 2. From Leadore to Canyon Creek area is only 21 minutes. There is also a road along the way that doesn't appear to go anywhere. NF-189. Whose to say JM doesn't know the area by talking to her father? Why not throw ppl off by going the opposite direction to hide a body?

If this goes to trial, I hope they allow cameras in the courtroom.

jmo

The diaper is nothing more than a FB rumor. Both LE and Klein have stated they know nothing about it.

Just for clarification, has IR been officially cleared in this case? I thought Klein said something along those lines, but I don't know if LE has agreed? Is he still a POI?

Thanks to all who gave me positive feedback on my rant post much more emotionally invested than I probably should be. I want justice for them both.
RSBM

It was a great post, going with your feelings, instincts, intelligence and emotions. Like many others, I agree so much with what you wrote.

Personally I sort of feel that someone did see a "filthy, bawling child - in a black pick-up" on Thursday around 6 pm.
For some reason JM's brain 'leaked' this truth because somehow it is important and something they were too keen to say was incorrect and explain away - why bring it up otherwise, it has never been given as some evidence of DeOrr being seen so why deny and explain it's a mistake?

It makes me think that this was the beginning/cause of whatever happened subsequently. This was the start or reason (FGS what 'reason' is beyond me) of the later disappearance of their little one. I do so hope he is found. Sadly safe and well is not an option any more AOMOO.

It is unbelievable how quickly people are willing to say Klein is at fault, yet defend the people who are ultimately responsible for the child's death even if it was negligence.

My personal opinion is that it was negligence; however, JM is a caregiver!

Well the problem in this case is we don't really have much to go on yet except that all four adults involved have been inconsistent in their stories to LE, which is making them look like liars. So who exactly is lying about what? We don't know yet.
As far as Klein is concerned i am not sure what to make of him? What solid evidence is there that Deorr is deceased? Cadaver dog evidence may or may not be admissable in a trial, and have LE come out and stated anything about Deorr's being dead? I can't recall them stating that. Definitely if he did wander away he would not have survived this long, but nobody knows exactly what happened to him yet.

Just for clarification, has IR been officially cleared in this case? I thought Klein said something along those lines, but I don't know if LE has agreed? Is he still a POI?

Good question.

I think it was said he's still a POI, but Klein stated he has released his lawyer? How true that is I don't know.

<modsnip>

I don't buy the abduction theory, never really have given the location. But again I state only four people were there and know the truth. We can only guess, theorize, speculate, and assume.

All this talk about a diaper and somehow that there was one (or lack of others) suddenly becomes evidence to prove they were bad parents. I don't know why their stories change, or why they've done some of the things they have but I am still withholding judgement until I hear something official from someone in a position to give official information.

Well the problem in this case is we don't really have much to go on yet except that all four adults involved have been inconsistent in their stories to LE, which is making them look like liars. So who exactly is lying about what? We don't know yet.
As far as Klein is concerned i am not sure what to make of him? What solid evidence is there that Deorr is deceased? Cadaver dog evidence may or may not be admissable in a trial, and have LE come out and stated anything about Deorr's being dead? I can't recall them stating that. Definitely if he did wander away he would not have survived this long, but nobody knows exactly what happened to him yet.

Exactly!

Why do people think that LE didn't treat this as a possible crime from the beginning?

<modsnip>
I don't buy the abduction theory, never really have given the location. But again I state only four people were there and know the truth. We can only guess, theorize, speculate, and assume.

All this talk about a diaper and somehow that there was one (or lack of others) suddenly becomes evidence to prove they were bad parents. I don't know why their stories change, or why they've done some of the things they have but I am still withholding judgement until I hear something official from someone in a position to give official information.

So the county Sheriff saying &#8220;We know that the parents aren&#8217;t telling the truth, and they know that we know that they&#8217;re lying,&#8221; Bowerman said. &#8220;I know that they know where the little boy is and what happened to him.&#8221; isn't official enough?

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_b4d359f2-0b13-55d2-9aec-178b359a5683.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper