ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be me going off on a complete tangent but there was a murder in an Idaho Falls local park last week and the arrested person has the same surname as DeOrr's mum. Is that surname common in that part of Idaho?

"IDAHO FALLS – Police in Idaho Falls say they have arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with homicide at a local park last weekend. Brian J. Mitchell of Shelley was booked into the Bonneville County Jail early Thursday morning on a charge of second-degree murder."
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/20/idaho-falls-homicide-arrest/32060075/

I just watched the 30 for 30 short about him. I'd recommend it if you're interested in what happened.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10365079

OT- I lived in Atlanta during the Richard Jewell fiasco. When I asked my now husband, who never lived in Atlanta, if he knew who RJ was he immediately responded, " The Atlanta Olympic Park Bomber." The media is great at sensationalistic reporting but not so good at making the facts clear, especially if they were wrong.

I'm posting a link for an interview with the Lemhi Sheriff. This is the Idaho news station link, but I think there is also one that is uncut. Please excuse me if this has already been posted. I've been pouring over so many threads of this case, but I didn't see it. The Sheriff says they are awaiting for results from the FBI.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

FYI only,
In the media/timeline thread are transcripts from this uncut version video as well as the from the edited version. (See posts #18-#19).

Link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12007567#post12007567

This could be me going off on a complete tangent but there was a murder in an Idaho Falls local park last week and the arrested person has the same surname as DeOrr's mum. Is that surname common in that part of Idaho?

"IDAHO FALLS – Police in Idaho Falls say they have arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with homicide at a local park last weekend. Brian J. Mitchell of Shelley was booked into the Bonneville County Jail early Thursday morning on a charge of second-degree murder."
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/20/idaho-falls-homicide-arrest/32060075/

There has been some FB rumors that families might know each other, but I don't think the connection is through the Mitchell name.

I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this new found knowledge that IR was fishing downstream in the "crick". I have fished all my life, so far, and any pics I've seen of the creek itself, looks more like where we'd just wade or look for craw dads in the south. If I wanted fish, I'd be all over that reservoir ...but maybe he was minnow fishing? It's just crazy that you have 3 adults, M, D and IR all at the creek and a toddler slips through em every one. Just doesn't add up in my tired mind.

BBM
After the sheriff's statement of where all adults were, ClaireNC put up a map. I have looked at that map so many times and it looks like little DeOrr should have ended up (even falling down the bank) right in the middle of them, though yards away.:thinking: I can't figure it out.

I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this new found knowledge that IR was fishing downstream in the "crick". I have fished all my life, so far, and any pics I've seen of the creek itself, looks more like where we'd just wade or look for craw dads in the south. If I wanted fish, I'd be all over that reservoir ...but maybe he was minnow fishing? It's just crazy that you have 3 adults, M, D and IR all at the creek and a toddler slips through em every one. Just doesn't add up in my tired mind.

There are deep pools in a "crick" like that-- below rocks, under logs, in the corners where the water makes a sharp turn. And in those deep pools there are trout.

Just wanted to share this in relation to your post. I thought the same thing as you so I looked it up. There are fish in the reservoir, and although the creek doesn't look like good fishing, it seems some people fish there. Hope that helps :) http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-middle-fork-little-timber-creek-salmon-id/

I understand the points you are making but I disagree on a few of them.

"but I am sure he was at both the campfire and fishing at the creek at some point so both are probably true "

But he was not talking about where he was 'at some point.' The question was 'where were you when the baby went missing?' That is a pretty clear question. And it cannot be true that he was both of those places when the baby vanished. When DeOrr disappeared was the friend with GGP at the campsite OR was he fishing at the creek?

"If police asked any one of us what we were doing at 2:30 pm Friday July 10th ?? .... I bet very few people could give a quick and honest answer ..."

No one asked him what he was doing at a specific time and date in the past. I don't see this as being similar to what he is being asked. He was asked a very specific question about a very traumatic event that happened among him and 3 other people who were staying at the same campsite. He should be able to pinpoint where he was when people began screaming and crying out for the child, if he was there.

"If we had kidnapped a 2 year old child we would immediately have a fictional answer prepared"

Did you see his tv interview? I am not sure he can actually do that. I think he has lost quite a few brain cells.

Also, after following many cases over the years, I have found that many guilty people do NOT have fictional, rehearsed answers prepared. I think they would if they were smart or rational. But many times they are too stupid or too stoned or too incompetent or too lazy or too irrational to do so. So I disagree that he would absolutely have a rehearsed answer prepared. He didn't even have the good sense to put a shirt on and get his wits about him before his last tv interview.

Oh, but I do agree with you on one thing...he is possibly the wildcard. :wink:

Honestly, who leaves a 2 year old out in the woods to be watched by an elderly man in declining mental & physical health? And another older man they have never met? The parents may have left for an hour or so for some private adult time. GGP may not have even been aware he was left in charge of the kid. Others have commented that GGP's friend did not seem mentally sharp either. Anything could have happened to this poor child. The main problem, IMO, is a lack of reliable supervision.

Honestly, who leaves a 2 year old out in the woods to be watched by an elderly man in declining mental & physical health? And another older man they have never met? The parents may have left for an hour or so for some private adult time. GGP may not have even been aware he was left in charge of the kid. Others have commented that GGP's friend did not seem mentally sharp either. Anything could have happened to this poor child. The main problem, IMO, is a lack of reliable supervision.

BBM
Why are you taking them camping in the first place? JMO

**This is speculation only** The sheriff says the campsite is a crime scene, yet he has ruled out abduction, wild animals, and being in the water. Not exactly in his words but what he has told us IMO.

This leaves us with something happening at the campsite and little Deorr was taken away from the campsite. Right? We know there was a 3 mile radius searched around the campsite. How do you think Deorr was removed and where was he placed?

Perhaps we need to begin to look at what may be the "ending" and work backwards. At one point, we might find the actual story. **Speculation Only**

He might have been fishing for bait fish?

I think Mitchell is rather a common surname in general. I haven't seen anything official re: a connection, but it's possible they're related at some point.

I can't get past the 100-150ft apart line. Sheriff Bowerman was shaking his head when relating this.

Was GGP setting up camp close to the fire pit/picnic bench has seen in Nate Eaton's video and various pictures?

If so, using the distance measuring tool on google maps shows how all were within 150 feet seems unlikely? It also makes it even more unlikely nobody saw or heard anything.

"Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman believes missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. will be found".......

I wonder why he believes this....? Or is it more hopeful?

OK you've got all my frustrations into one paragraph!!!! Great post.
(Lol about the FBI adding to the confusion)[emoji57]
Anyhow, I hope it's just us here that are confused. I pray that LE has a clear accounting of time, people and places in this case but for their own reasons don't feel its important to share with the general public. I'm getting damned flashbacks to the AJ Hadsell timeline discrepancies.
They must know the answers we are so desperate to have, right?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. I really want to say when I heard the "boots too big" for little DeOrr I wanted to cry for him. How frustrating to be walking on uneven terrain, to go camping, and not be able to walk well. How far could he have really walked in these boots. I have my suspicions he was even there at all. Who saw him, who else other than family. Where is GGP why aren't they all over the news - begging pleading - I know I would be. I expect the same from other parents who are distraught beyond words. Also, Mom's 911 call was all over the place. Her tone, her time, etc. I watched the DeOrr Sr interview and OMG how about finishing a complete sentence. It seemed to me he was all over the place. I understand being distraught and nervous, fearful - but something isn't sitting right with me. The 50 yards to 100 yards gets me too. At what point exactly did GGP last see him? Was he walking towards where the mom and dad walked? Or the other direction. There are no REAL facts being given. GGP was sitting, standing? Also, did they travel there with GGP or he was there already?

How far down the road did Deorr Sr travel to make his 911 call?

He said half a mile down the road.

FWIW. I checked it out on the map and 1/2 mile down the road makes sense as far as getting better cell phone reception. The campsite is in a bowl with mountains on three sides, driving 1/2 mile would take you out of the bowl.

What if something happened to the little one days before.
The camping trip was set up a plan to make it appear he went missing camping.

I don't think DeOrr was ever there!

JMO

What if something happened to the little one days before.
The camping trip was set up a plan to make it appear he went missing camping.

I don't think DeOrr was ever there!

JMO
I've been thinking this myself. I talk myself out of it and always come back to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member