Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've forgotten where we found out for sure about Alex trying to kill BB? I'm a bit behind. Can you refresh my memory?
Investigation into the shooting is not over yet and Alex wasn't arrested before his death, but it all points to him. Firstly, the victim believes that Alex was the shooter. Tylee's Jeep was involved (confirmed) and Alex had access to it. Lori and Chad were seen on camera in Rexburg on the same day, taking Jeep parts into storage. Alex was seen taking them out the next day. The Jeep was found in Rexburg by police.

Investigation into the shooting is not over yet and Alex wasn't arrested before his death, but it all points to him. Firstly, the victim believes that Alex was the shooter. Tylee's Jeep was involved (confirmed) and Alex had access to it. Lori and Chad were seen on camera in Rexburg on the same day, taking Jeep parts into storage. Alex was seen taking them out the next day. The Jeep was found in Rexburg by police.

JMO
This reminded me of the attempted shooting of TD. I think she believed it was a paint ball gun or air gun or something if I remember it correctly.

Got to thinking maybe Alx or CD had access to a silencer on a real gun and maybe that is why it did not sound loud enough to TD. A paint ball or air gun never made any sense to me. I am thinking it was a real gun and maybe had a silencer or noise suppressor on it of some sort.

Most changes to beneficiary are enacted immediately. So, AC could have had a previous life insurance policy, and then named ZP as beneficiary at anytime. There would not be any waiting period for the beneficiary to collect.
thank you.

:) So we're on the same page. I thought I'd missed something. Jmo

What happens in the preliminary hearings? I asked this yesterday but I didn’t get a reply. I don’t remember if the DA has to show just cause for the arrest or if he has to show evidence or if the hearing only sets a trial date.
I’m curious because someone posted that two different FBI agents were subpoenaed to be there.
Does anyone have an idea?

JMO
This reminded me of the attempted shooting of TD. I think she believed it was a paint ball gun or air gun or something if I remember it correctly.

Got to thinking maybe Alx or CD had access to a silencer on a real gun and maybe that is why it did not sound loud enough to TD. A paint ball or air gun never made any sense to me. I am thinking it was a real gun and maybe had a silencer or noise suppressor on it of some sort.
I have wondered what the point of the shooting at Tammy was. Was it supposed to be a warning to her or just a trial run? Or was she supposed to die that day?

What happens in the preliminary hearings? I asked this yesterday but I didn’t get a reply. I don’t remember if the DA has to show just cause for the arrest or if he has to show evidence or if the hearing only sets a trial date.
I’m curious because someone posted that two different FBI agents were subpoenaed to be there.

A preliminary hearing is when a judge decides if there’s enough evidence to go to trial.

Preliminary Hearing - FindLaw

JMO

I do hope pings on AC phone shows where he was when these attempted shootings occurred, both in October. Where is the weapon? Were any bullets ever found? How did a supposedly accomplished shooter miss his targets? Why wasn't AC immediately arrested if BB made a positive identification of the vehicle and shooter? Hope these questions are answered soon!

Tagging @AZlawyer @Nikynoo I think they are both lawyers

The storage unit was rented under the name "Lori Ryan" immediately after JJ was murdered. What is significant about the material in the unit is that the bulk of it is identifiable as being associated with JJ and Tylee. I believe that Chad and Lori did not want to be seen disposing of such items at that time, so the plan was to leave them in the unit for possibly years and then have them confiscated and destroyed by an unwitting unit manager, long after the world had forgotten the children.

With the children's personal items out of sight, they could continue with the "we won't tell you where they are to protect them" charade. What they didn't count on was LE interest in the children, an expired credit card, and a storage unit manager who smelled a rat.
Nor enhanced video cameras capturing so much on film. With date and time stamps... MOO

Glad it's not affecting the prelims!

Trial dates pushed back again as COVID-19 spreads across Idaho | East Idaho News

IDAHO FALLS — The Idaho Supreme Court has again pushed back the start of jury trials as COVID-19 continues to spike across the Gem State.

Initially, judges decided in April to not start any trials until the first Monday in August. However, “due to the continuing rise in positive COVID-19 cases throughout Idaho,” the Idaho Supreme Court says no criminal trial should start before Sept. 14 and no civil trial before Dec. 1, according to a judicial order issued on Friday.

“If the public cannot be physically present in the courtroom, a publically accessible live audio and video stream of the proceedings must be provided,” the order reads.
Do we expect Kay and Larry to be at the prelims?

Do we expect Kay and Larry to be at the prelims?

Yep, it does appear they are allowed with Judge Eddin in Freemont, so yes, Larry and Kay and Colby could attend, and I think they will as they did before (both in person and participated in Zoom) . And it will be sending a huge message to Lori and all watching/reading later in media reports when only Kay, Larry and Colby are in the courtroom sitting together on the prosecution side MOO.

See page 2 at this link https://www.id.uscourts.gov/Content_Fetcher/index.cfml/General_Order_re_COVID19_3389.pdf?Content_ID=3389 1........are closed to the public, except for those persons who have court business as a party, counsel, witness, or victim. U.S. Courts, District of Idaho - COVID-19 Info on affects to courts

ETA

Preliminary hearings for Chad and Lori Daybell to happen in person | East Idaho News "Although the hearings will happen in person, courtroom attendance is still limited. An order filed this week limits attendance to the judge, court staff, attorneys, assistance, defendants, witnesses, and family members of JJ and Tylee."

Last edited:
With the courts struggling to get back to normal scheduling I cannot imagine the backlog that is starting to happen on cases.

There is always new arrests every day and criminals are not stopping being criminals, so the backlog in the courts must be getting out of hand right about now.

I know this would not happen in this case but I hope we dont start to see criminals have their charges dropped just so the courts can try to catch up with the backlog of cases.

I think there is a real danger of that happening for other cases because we already saw prisoners being let of prison because of the virus. According to this article, over 16,000 prisoners were let out earlier than they should have been in the US alone.

Over 16K US inmates have been released as coronavirus crisis has progressed

Last edited:
I have been wondering if LVD used CV's credit cards (and the money she stole from his bank accounts) to fund the trips to Hawaii, the wedding rings & clothing, etc. She had access to his accounts, as far as I know KW went looking on the printer & found the Amazon account in CV's name in November. This would allow LVD to use CV's funds until after Thanksgiving when she knew LEO was on her tail (IMO). She had access to JJ's & TR's father's death benefits (I assume she filed for those immediately for the kids) and that is probably why she had all of TR's ID, phone & cash card in her possession. It would take a bit of time for the funds to come in to CD from TD's death and could not be submitted until at least her funeral (as that was so rushed & copies of the death certificate would be made available then). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876