Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
So we know CD's trial date will be set in 2 weeks, meanwhile Miss LVD is going to go for up to 90 day timeout to get herself (mind) together. Given just the way the court system moves forward & LVD is stuck in "spin cycle" - I am still wondering if the court will be forced to sever the cases just due to time requirements for CD.

I find it insulting to everyone involved to even hint at her possibly faking it. We can’t sit on our high horse and say that mental health is important and then claim “she’s faking it” when someone capable of what Lori did is found not competent. We can’t have both.

I chose to believe in the professionals, who know better than I do. If they say she’s not competent then she isn’t. She will eventually be competent again, and justice will be served. I understand the frustration but it is what it is.
Thank you for clearly stating confidence in the mental health professionals!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For understanding the case, you are perfectly correct.

But I don't think getting a conviction will require that level of understanding. The prosecution only has to prove the greed to the jury's satisfaction, not explain it to ours.
I agree. I don’t think we are going to hear a lot about the wacky beliefs. The defense will certainly be trying to limit that information. It makes their clients look batsh!t crazy. And the prosecution only has to prove they did it. They do not have to prove any kind of motive.

Thank you for clearly stating confidence in the mental health professionals!!!!
Mental health professionals have their opinions challenged all the time in court. If they were always right courts wouldn't have to make a determination, so I don't think it's at all a matter of having faith in all professionals, in a report that we haven't seen. The fact that RW has withdrawn his objection could give it more weight or speak to its fairness, but it could be to prevent appeals in the future. It's not surprising in my opinion that people are thinking she could be malingering given her very long history of manipulative behavior, it happens.

Something like that seems plausible. Some other things that come to mind (and I'm not trying to diagnose her, just throwing more spaghetti):

Maybe she went into a severe depression from being locked up. This happens to lots of people after arrest, and the timing could indicate a suicide attempt.

Maybe she has an undiagnosed episodic condition (manic cycles, maybe?)

She could have a diagnosed condition that she has kept secret for years. The episode where Charles tried to get her committed might point to something like that.

Maybe her delusional state has gotten so bad that she can no longer distinguish the real world from her fantasy world and they haven't been able to make her realize the seriousness of the crimes she's charged with.

I think it's important to remember that her earlier behavior might or might not be related to her current condition. And I give a lot of weight to Woods' agreeing she needs treatment after his initial objections. I don't think he'd give in so easily if he didn't have evidence she wasn't faking.

Carbuf….I believe that since the Prosecution can not retest LV and only have their own expert look over what the defense psychologist did through whatever means of testing the psychologist is licensed for, the Prosecution did the next best thing. The Prosecution agreed to let LV declare incompetent.

By doing this, now LV goes to a State Mental Hospital for MORE testing, testing the Prosecutor could not ask for, but now she will get. Now the Hospital can do any and all test needed for LV. They can recommend a plan of wellness for her, give her the needed medication so she can stand trial, or find out she is faking it. If that does not work she possibly could be forced to take the medication. We will find out. If she needs more help, she can be in a Mental Hospital forever and maybe even be upgraded in care, where she has less freedoms then ever.

The point is the Prosecution is getting their testing in a round about way. LV will not like it. Means will not be visiting her every day anymore either. The Hospital has their own rules.

Who is left to visit LV? I don’t think her surviving on will be visiting unless requested by the hospital. Her siblings are dead, her young children are dead, her ex husbands are mostly dead and one is in jail for murder. Anyone but her attorney? That must drive her nuts.

Hospital will now have limited visits from attorneys, LV will be cut off even more. LV privileges will be none to very limited until the Mental Hospital does their evaluation. This is to protect her, the staff and get the right treatment plan. She will have to earn any privileges back she had.

Oh this will be interesting for her. It is a entire indifferent ball game now.

Some of this is MOO but some is from first hand experience.

Who will blame who, who will flip?

Mental health professionals have their opinions challenged all the time in court. If they were always right courts wouldn't have to make a determination, so I don't think it's at all a matter of having faith in all professionals, in a report that we haven't seen. The fact that RW has withdrawn his objection could give it more weight or speak to its fairness, but it could be to prevent appeals in the future. It's not surprising in my opinion that people are thinking she could be malingering given her very long history of manipulative behavior, it happens.
I think that is the very point of all of this w/court orders. The court is referring to Mental Health professionals to make their determinations re: Mental Health, treatment, progress, competency, etc. Once determined competent for the court purposes - she will be referred back to the court system and their professionals. Kind of two different tracks that coincide w/those specific issues that have been outlined in the court order. You are correct that Mental health professionals testify and are challenged in court frequently, however that is more specific to "court" issues (law) and not necessarily related to how the client/defendant is treated by the mental health professionals for the issues they struggle with.

I appreciate that all avenues are explored for LVD to ensure she has a right to a fair trial. I want her to be convicted when she is coherent and lucid so she can appreciate the seriousness and consequences for her own behavior (whether mental illness was a factor or not).

Agreed. I know there have been statements made against the people who think she's faking it, etc...(I don't think she's faking it. It would also be consistent with statements by CR, etc...in regards to how this isn't her but still feel she's be competent in the end) I agree that this is what these professionals have trained and studied for and it's not their first rodeo. However, it's a very challenging field with many variables.

My sister has been in and out of a behavioral health unit A LOT in the last 2ish years and I've been one of two contacts to discuss progress, treatment plans, etc...and they've had a very difficult time with her. There are multiple underlying issues and there has even been some disagreement among the staff in regards to treatment plans. The place she's been going is more of a crisis type unit for short term treatment (a few days to a couple weeks) with long term guidance but with little help in achieving that.

Just my opinion. I think the state withdrew because of appeals as well as probably getting some clarity surrounding the process and adhering to the guidelines and policy. I'm confident she'll be deemed competent and this will all be back on course. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
CD didn't get asked for a plea on charge 7. Judge Boyce skipped it and went from 6 to 8...I don't think I'm crazy and would that have any legal impact?

Around 14:10

Charge 7 had to do with an accomplice….The Judge stated that the first time her read through the facts. I don’t know why that was done but can a lawyer chime in. The Judge did comment though, he did not miss it.

Edit to add…Possibly the charge will be reinstated once LV is competent to stand trial. For now anything related to LV is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654