Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex was married in Las Vegas and took the name Pastenes the day before Melani and Ian were married. The officiant said that the ceremony was quick and cool (just getting it done) and it was odd because it was the first time that officiant had seen a man take his wife's name in marriage. The very next day at another wedding chapel in Las Vegas, Alex used his new married name to sign as witness on Melani and Ian's marriage certificate. Given that one marriage occurred the day after the other but at different venues, it seems to me that the intent of Alex marrying and taking his new wife's name was so he would have that new name for the purpose of acting as witness to Melani and Ian's marriage, concealing that Alex Cox was serving in that role.

Good point, I hadn't noticed he used Alex Pastenes when signing as a witness. I can't recall from when I got married (many years ago LOL) if witnesses had to present identification or not but if he had to show ID he would have shown his Alex Cox ID and the marriage license showing his intent to change his name. The fact he signed as "Alex Pastenes" shows his intent was to immediately start deceptively using that name. Only the wedding officiant might know he had only recently been Alex Cox (If his ID was checked at all). While there may be some legal leeway on some things where you can immediate start using your married name, I recall when I got married I still did everything under my maiden name until I had completed my SS paperwork for the name change. I had to travel under my maiden name, couldn't change my bank account name, etc until I did the SS change. It will be interesting to find out what else Alex did as "Alex Pastenes". Hopefully LE has been all over investigating that. MOO.

Leaked email shows police are getting close to indicting Lori Vallow in husband's death | Daily Mail Online
Leaked email from Phoenix detective shows police are getting close to indicting 'cult mom' Lori Vallow in death of her fourth husband who was killed by her brother months before her two kids disappeared
26084926-8148659-The_timeline_of_the_mysterious_deaths_and_disappearance_in_Vallo-a-9_1585147017440.jpg

Copper sulfate (UK PID)

Link abovr re copper sulphate indicates only 10g needed for it to be fatal.
Was CV’s card declined for Lori’s storage unit or was CV’s card was used to purchase wedding attire and Lori’s card was used and later declined for storage unit?
I don't think we know for sure which card was declined but am guessing it was CV card. She had the storage from the beginning of October so that is the same period of time she bought the ring so I am betting it was the same card and it went thru ok in Nov and Dec then was declined in January. Why would she use her money when she can still bleed CV account. Clearly, by January, the game was up. MOO.

I think the name change was his attempt to hide while still alive and has nothing to do with any plans to hide his identity in death. Alex has an arrest record. Police would have gotten his ID from his fingerprints after his death. Plus, I don't think he took legal steps to change his name yet because they have him listed on the AZ ME's website as Alex Cox, not Pastenes. Getting married and putting on the marriage certificate his intent to change his name doesn't legally change it in the US. He would have to apply for a Social Security name change and submit a copy of the marriage record to the the SS office after getting married. But doing that step would allow the feds to track him down. However, the marriage record can be used without a SS name change to do some things under the name Pastenes. For anything not requiring him to give a SS# he could present his Alex Cox driver's license and his marriage record as evidence of name change and sign up for things under the name Alex Pastenes. In AZ there are many undocumented immigrants without SS#'s so he might have easily found people willing to rent a house to him without require a SS#, he also might have found a storage unit place that didn't require one. He could get a phone and even a job with the right employer (one who is hiring illegal immigrants/undocumented laborers). It's very sneaky. He could have lived quite a while (years possibly) under the name Alex Pastenes without being located, because state marriage records are not in any federal database (AFAIK). Federal investigators would have to know to look in Clark County, NV for the marriage record and even then they wouldn't know he intended to change his name unless they applied for a copy of the marriage certificate or interviewed the officiant. It seems like Lori might have done the same thing and used Daybell after marrying Chad without legally changing her name. MOO.
And my guess is that he is not a loyal friend of the IRS either. Most of the time I really do think Alex had no intention of dying, just carrying on getting away with all that they get away with. However, I do think they were all spooked with the Welfare Check. ( I am just so happy that Kay is alive). If there is such a dramatic obvious link of Alex to what they find out with Tammy, maybe, just maybe I will consider suicide. And on the other hand, all we need is either C or L to tell the truth.

Copper sulfate (UK PID)

I don't think we know for sure which card was declined but am guessing it was CV card. She had the storage from the beginning of October so that is the same period of time she bought the ring so I am betting it was the same card and it went thru ok in Nov and Dec then was declined in January. Why would she use her money when she can still bleed CV account. Clearly, by January, the game was up. MOO.
One wonders if she maxed his cards out, or if she attempted to make minimum payments up to some point. Look forward to the prosecution spill, there is surely a cornucopia of condemning crapola that's going to hit her upside the head in court. Chad too!

Also, on what kind of lease she signed. Was it 6 mo or a year? Either way, she was only in there a couple months. I reckon she was having so much fun in Kauai they forgot to pay rent and utilities on the apt too.

Friday March 27,2020

VINELink
LORI N VALLOW
Custody Record
jpeg

Age46
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
ID: Madison County Sheriff's Office
ID Number174174
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody DetailMadison County Detention Center

Home Page - OME Case Status

Alex Cox Autopsy=Pending

Home Page - OME Case Status

Leland Charles Vallow Autopsy= Homicide

I added Charles autopsy as a reminder.

There are a couple roads on the Idaho side that don't go into the park, but come close to it, at least one of them that in September would have probably been passable by most vehicles (no need for 4 wheel drive, etc). But as I said, those places that you can get closest to the zone are no where near the West entrance to the park (where we think they entered) or the south entrance (the only other entrance that makes even minimal sense for them to have possible entered the park instead, based on where they were coming from and where we know they ended up for Tylee's last picture). In my mind the Zone of Death is an intriguing dead end, but makes zero sense as pertinent, even if we assume they were aware of the controversy and thought it was a legitimate out to get away with murder.

MOO

When I review this case I am struck by how little we know about Tylee Ryan's personality, state of mind, and relationship to her mother, stepfather (CV), and step-brother (JJ). Yet these are typically things that are examined by law enforcement and the media when someone, especially a minor, goes missing.

The central question in my mind is: to what degree did Tylee share Lori's beliefs? I don't seem to find any interviews with Tylee's friends or teachers that would shed light on this.

It does seem clear that Tylee was comfortable in her mother's company. When Lori cleaned out CV's assets in Jan 2019 and went walkabout for two months, Lori took Tylee with her (including to Hawaii, by some accounts) and abandoned JJ to the care of CV. If Tylee was under duress during this period it seems likely that she could have contacted someone for help.

Both Tylee and JJ apparently witnessed the shooting of CV by Alex in July 2019. Cops arrive, Alex and Lori are interviewed, but we have no information on who was watching or talking to the kids.

At this point Lori is in Arizona and free of CV but has Tylee, to whom she is presumably close, and JJ, who is now excess baggage, to worry about. She discovers that she is not getting a million bucks from CV's insurance. Behavior during August 2019 is erratic. She enrolls JJ in his old school (to get him out of the house?), and dumps his dog. And during this month Tylee is doing what?

Lori gets evicted at the end of August and moves to Rexburg with the kids. Tylee goes along, again apparently willingly. JJ is enrolled in school, and Tylee's activities again appear to be unrecorded.

Now we have the trip to Yosemite. Tylee goes along, apparently willingly, and is not seen again. JJ returns with Lori and Alex to Rexburg and attends school for two weeks, then is pulled out and disappears. Whatever explanation Lori gave to JJ for his stepsister's disappearance seems to have been adequate because there does not appear to be any evidence of JJ engaging in serious acting out or other post-trauma behavior.

On 1 Oct, free of both Tylee and JJ, Lori rents the storage locker and the case takes a whole new arc, Lori and Chad (and Tammy and Melani and others) instead of Lori and Charles (and Tylee and JJ and others).

So we discuss the second arc in detail, but in doing so we seem to lose sight of the multitude of questions surrounding a central character in the first arc: What about Tylee? Did she share her mother's beliefs? What was she thinking and doing while all this was going on? Did she talk to anybody about all this? Was there a breakup between mother and daughter that caused Lori to sever what in the past had been a very possessive relationship? IMHO these are more important questions that what was going on with Melani and Ian and other peripheral characters. YMMV.

Last edited:
Alex was married in Las Vegas and took the name Pastenes the day before Melani and Ian were married. The officiant said that the ceremony was quick and cool (just getting it done) and it was odd because it was the first time that officiant had seen a man take his wife's name in marriage. The very next day at another wedding chapel in Las Vegas, Alex used his new married name to sign as witness on Melani and Ian's marriage certificate. Given that one marriage occurred the day after the other but at different venues, it seems to me that the intent of Alex marrying and taking his new wife's name was so he would have that new name for the purpose of acting as witness to Melani and Ian's marriage, concealing that Alex Cox was serving in that role.

Wonder why his new wife wasn't the witness?

Copper sulfate (UK PID)

It is possible that the card was intentionally left open to track her movements.

I think that is a possibility but the card was declined in January re the storage payment.
Was CV’s card declined for Lori’s storage unit or was CV’s card was used to purchase wedding attire and Lori’s card was used and later declined for storage unit?
Copper sulfate (UK PID)

I’m super curious about the card for storage. A few years back, when we were moving, I rented a storage unit... the amount of ID required was almost insane... I tried to use my husbands card since that was in my pocket... I had to have my husband come with his ID. It was nuts.

I believe it was a printer not a computer from CV that Kay had (after CV died) that had an email of his on it. She was able to log on to that email account by guessing his password.

I thought she (eventually) got his cell phone. Maybe I made that up (mistakenly inferred it); but I don't think Lori was allowed to keep it. Whatever "it" (the explanation) is; I remember Kay recounting it on recorded footage; so I'm thinking it may come into play on that Dateline episode.

When I review this case I am struck by how little we know about Tylee Ryan's personality, state of mind, and relationship to her mother, stepfather (CV), and step-brother (JJ). Yet these are typically things that are examined by law enforcement and the media when someone, especially a minor, goes missing.

The central question in my mind is: to what degree did Tylee share Lori's beliefs? I don't seem to find any interviews with Tylee's friends or teachers that would shed light on this.

It does seem clear that Tylee was comfortable in her mother's company. When Lori cleaned out CV's assets in Jan 2019 and went walkabout for two months, Lori took Tylee with her (including to Hawaii, by some accounts) and abandoned JJ to the care of CV. If Tylee was under duress during this period it seems likely that she could have contacted someone for help.

Both Tylee and JJ apparently witnessed the shooting of CV by Alex in July 2019. Cops arrive, Alex and Lori are interviewed, but we have no information on who was watching or talking to the kids.

At this point Lori is in Arizona and free of CV but has Tylee, to whom she is presumably close, and JJ, who is now excess baggage, to worry about. She discovers that she is not getting a million bucks from CV's insurance. Behavior during August 2019 is erratic. She enrolls JJ in his old school (to get him out of the house?), and dumps his dog. And during this month Tylee is doing what?

Lori gets evicted at the end of August and moves to Rexburg with the kids. Tylee goes along, again apparently willingly. JJ is enrolled in school, and Tylee's activities again appear to be unrecorded.

Now we have the trip to Yosemite. Tylee goes along, apparently willingly, and is not seen again. JJ returns with Lori and Alex to Rexburg and attends school for two weeks, then is pulled out and disappears. Whatever explanation Lori gave to JJ for his stepsister's disappearance seems to have been adequate because there does not appear to be any evidence of JJ engaging in serious acting out or other post-trauma behavior.

On 1 Oct, free of both Tylee and JJ, Lori rents the storage locker and the case takes a whole new arc, Lori and Chad (and Tammy and Melani and others) instead of Lori and Charles (and Tylee and JJ and others).

So we discuss the second arc in detail, but in doing so we seem to lose sight of the multitude of questions surrounding a central character in the first arc: What about Tylee? Did she share her mother's beliefs? What was she thinking and doing while all this was going on? Did she talk to anybody about all this? Was there a breakup between mother and daughter that caused Lori to sever what in the past had been a very possessive relationship? IMHO these are more important questions that what was going on with Melani and Ian and other peripheral characters. YMMV.

It seems to me, if I were law enforcement, I'd be doing searches into all these nominal LDS "extracurriculars", to see if Lori and Chad met up in-person at any seminars. Were JJ and Tylee accompanying her? The strongest circumstantial evidence leading in this direction is, (a), JJ and Tylee were minors who had to be left in someone else's control; (b), Lori took Tylee at minimum and left JJ behind at least once that we know of. I'm not wholly surprised we don't know a lot about what Tylee did in the day-to-day, because she was homeschooled and because she is a minor child (legalities that might scare off media).

Justin Lum Fox 10 @jlumfox10
19h

EXCLUSIVE: Email obtained from Chandler PD detective says investigators “are getting closer to getting Lori indicted for her involvement in Charles (Vallow’s) death.” It’s been 8 months since he was shot & killed by LV’s brother Alex Cox who claimed self-defense. Cox died 12/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double