Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
part transcribed 911 call:

Dispatcher: He is breathing?

JL: Yes he's breathing but very, very uh, high, highly breathing.

later:

JL: He's on his side.

Dispatcher: Okay, can you lay him flat on his back on the ground?

JL: Um, I'll try, it's just there's feces there and I'm trying to just keep cool right now.

D: You said he's what?

JL: There's feces on the ground.

later:

D: Is he opening his eyes or moving at all?

JL: He's breathing.

D: Okay, is he breathing normally like his chest is rising and falling, he's not making any weird sounds?

JL: Yeah, he's making a very exhaley sound like phoooo

D: Okay if he's doing that we need to start CPR so I need you to get him flat on his back on the ground.

later:

JL: He's not breathing.

later:

My mother just got here. [sound of dogs yapping.] [inaudible maybe "Mom"?] Come here! come here! [It's or he's] really bad. [it's or he's] really bad. Come upstairs. Let me [?] We need to get him on his back.

Z: inaudible.

I think it's quite strange that JL says it's/he's really bad. Almost as if they both knew before Z went out that Alex was having problems and now it's really bad. Otherwise I would think there would be more of an explanation like "Alex collapsed, I'm on the phone to 911..."

moo
JL doesn't seem phased a bit. I suppose an experienced dispatcher would know how odd this sounds or if this is a common thing?
When I run this scenario through my mind (in light of the complete case or not) it seems like interesting timing that ZP is out, JL just happens to find AxC right before he goes into apparent cardiac arrest and calls 911. And then ZP just happens to be there right before the Paramedics walk in. It's plausible, but kinda feels staged.

Was CV’s card declined for Lori’s storage unit or was CV’s card was used to purchase wedding attire and Lori’s card was used and later declined for storage unit?
Curious when the CC fraud charges are coming. As far as I know it's illegal to steal and use the credit card of someone your brother murdered in cold blood. (But it's a pattern well established between AxC and LVD)

JL doesn't seem phased a bit. I suppose an experienced dispatcher would know how odd this sounds or if this is a common thing?
When I run this scenario through my mind (in light of the complete case or not) it seems like interesting timing that ZP is out, JL just happens to find AxC right before he goes into apparent cardiac arrest and calls 911. And then ZP just happens to be there right before the Paramedics walk in. It's plausible, but kinda feels staged.
Isn’t it interesting how we can listen to the same audio and come to completely different conclusions. I only say that because JL sounds very shaken to me. He’s trying to maintain his “cool” as he says, but aside from LVD and CD, and people like them, anybody would be shaken up in that situation.
What I do find odd though, that I didn’t catch until somebody mentioned it earlier, is how he told his mom it was really bad. I don’t think the son was involved in any foul play, but I could see how Alex may have been sick earlier in the day before ZP left and then took a turn for the worst while the son was there with him alone. So ZP knew Alex was sick before she left. Maybe she went to get some Pepto for his diarrhea? JMO

This is my own thinking on this. Let's follow the money. CV had money when LVD married him. She had been married to JR. Again he had money. When they married. JR was fighting her for custody. I'm sure she was getting child support. Then he dies ( for the record) So she get his life insurance payout. How much was that? It may have started running out. Now at this point shes still married to CV. Now along came CD. She had read his books and IMO is star struck. They strike up a friendship. Ok. Now she want to persue Chad. She does,we all know this. So she needs a divorce and money. It doesn't look as if she works. She travels alot. I know that's not cheap. So she knows CV has this big policy. He already giving her grief over JJ. So she offs Charles. Now she has the money. Here's another snub to her. CV changed the beneficiary. Now two kids. No money. If she was sharing JR money with Tylee its probably gone. Tylee is of no use to her anymore. Jj is of no use to her anymore either. Shes not getting a dime. So she makes the kids disappear. Still using Tylee SS benefits and JJs benefits. I really think once no one is of use to her. She just gets rid of them. Once that welfare check came around. They had the kids things all nice and tucked away in a storage unit. That they auction off if you don't pay. So if that had happened. No evidence from that. Chad got TD life insurance payout. He had to have known LVD wouldn't have married a broke man. He might have gotten a payout from insurance at TD work. I know some places have that. She might have also had a retirement. This is all MOO just thinking out loud. Wanted some opinions on it.

Life insurance increase, quick burial and other 'weird' things Chad Daybell's friends noticed | East Idaho News

I know this has been discussed before. I went back and read this article. It haunts me. Especially now that we know so much more. With the ring and the Amazon acct. information and the beliefs of this crew of crazy. The quick burial and CD essay/letter. I had forgotten about the quick burial and the interview with the family friend. How it was said it was strange they had a memorial service without the coffin. It was creepy before the new information was out. Now it's just makes my skin crawl.

Last edited:
This is my own thinking on this. Let's follow the money. CV had money when LVD married him. She had been married to JR. Again he had money. When they married. JR was fighting her for custody. I'm sure she was getting child support. Then he dies ( for the record) So she get his life insurance payout. How much was that? It may have started running out. Now at this point shes still married to CV. Now along came CD. She had read his books and IMO is star struck. They strike up a friendship. Ok. Now she want to persue Chad. She does,we all know this. So she needs a divorce and money. It doesn't look as if she works. She travels alot. I know that's not cheap. So she knows CV has this big policy. He already giving her grief over JJ. So she offs Charles. Now she has the money. Here's another snub to her. CV changed the beneficiary. Now two kids. No money. If she was sharing JR money with Tylee its probably gone. Tylee is of no use to her anymore. Jj is of no use to her anymore either. Shes not getting a dime. So she makes the kids disappear. Still using Tylee SS benefits and JJs benefits. I really think once no one is of use to her. She just gets rid of them. Once that welfare check came around. They had the kids things all nice and tucked away in a storage unit. That they auction off if you don't pay. So if that had happened. No evidence from that. Chad got TD life insurance payout. He had to have known LVD wouldn't have married a broke man. He might have gotten a payout from insurance at TD work. I know some places have that. She might have also had a retirement. This is all MOO just thinking out loud. Wanted some opinions on it.
Sounds about right. I think I read that CD got life insurance for Tammy from more than one source and one of the sources he had increased. I will find the link.

ETA actually I see you just found the link so this is the bit that includes the life insurance.

"Chad praised his wife’s faith, “brilliant mind” and said she wore many hats with their publishing company. He then wrote that Tammy conveyed to him “several messages…and I’m in the process of implementing what she has told me to do. She has indicated that my life has two parts that were planned even before I came to earth.”

READ CHAD DAYBELL’S ESSAY HERE

Five days after the post was emailed to AVOW subscribers, Chad married Lori Vallow on a Hawaii beach. Court documents show he received $430,000 in life insurance money after Tammy died. Multiple sources say the funds came from several policies and Chad made “significant” increases to at least one policy before Tammy passed away."

Do we have any updates on Melani's divorce meeting (wasn't that on Mar 26), and when does Lori get her next bail reduction hearing.

agreed. I have always felt she was establishing an alibi to be seen somewhere. On the other hand, we do NOT know if JL called ZP before 911, and that is why she suddenly came home.

Do we have any updates on Melani's divorce meeting (wasn't that on Mar 26), and when does Lori get her next bail reduction hearing.

agreed. I have always felt she was establishing an alibi to be seen somewhere. On the other hand, we do NOT know if JL called ZP before 911, and that is why she suddenly came home.
Does anyone know if chad has been visiting lori in jail, and I heard he is.in Utah is that correct?

Does anyone know if chad has been visiting lori in jail, and I heard he is.in Utah is that correct?
Imo Chad has been video calling Lori through a jail site. He was in Utah but is now back in Idaho. I believe he came back a day or two after a motion to the court by Means was made, Lori's lawyer, regarding a bail reduction based on new "new evidence". Nothing more has been mentioned about if and when new bail reduction hearing will be.

Imo Chad has been video calling Lori through a jail site. He was in Utah but is now back in Idaho. I believe he came back a day or two after a motion to the court by Means was made, Lori's lawyer, regarding a bail reduction based on new "new evidence". Nothing more has been mentioned about if and when new bail reduction hearing will be.
I guess Chad feels comfortable to travel because he has “special” protection from Covid-19.

She might even have already been in the home. Neighborheed video cams would be nice. Don't know if by then, LE was looking into that or not.

When I review this case I am struck by how little we know about Tylee Ryan's personality, state of mind, and relationship to her mother, stepfather (CV), and step-brother (JJ). Yet these are typically things that are examined by law enforcement and the media when someone, especially a minor, goes missing.

The central question in my mind is: to what degree did Tylee share Lori's beliefs? I don't seem to find any interviews with Tylee's friends or teachers that would shed light on this.

It does seem clear that Tylee was comfortable in her mother's company. When Lori cleaned out CV's assets in Jan 2019 and went walkabout for two months, Lori took Tylee with her (including to Hawaii, by some accounts) and abandoned JJ to the care of CV. If Tylee was under duress during this period it seems likely that she could have contacted someone for help.

Both Tylee and JJ apparently witnessed the shooting of CV by Alex in July 2019. Cops arrive, Alex and Lori are interviewed, but we have no information on who was watching or talking to the kids.

At this point Lori is in Arizona and free of CV but has Tylee, to whom she is presumably close, and JJ, who is now excess baggage, to worry about. She discovers that she is not getting a million bucks from CV's insurance. Behavior during August 2019 is erratic. She enrolls JJ in his old school (to get him out of the house?), and dumps his dog. And during this month Tylee is doing what?

Lori gets evicted at the end of August and moves to Rexburg with the kids. Tylee goes along, again apparently willingly. JJ is enrolled in school, and Tylee's activities again appear to be unrecorded.

Now we have the trip to Yosemite. Tylee goes along, apparently willingly, and is not seen again. JJ returns with Lori and Alex to Rexburg and attends school for two weeks, then is pulled out and disappears. Whatever explanation Lori gave to JJ for his stepsister's disappearance seems to have been adequate because there does not appear to be any evidence of JJ engaging in serious acting out or other post-trauma behavior.

On 1 Oct, free of both Tylee and JJ, Lori rents the storage locker and the case takes a whole new arc, Lori and Chad (and Tammy and Melani and others) instead of Lori and Charles (and Tylee and JJ and others).

So we discuss the second arc in detail, but in doing so we seem to lose sight of the multitude of questions surrounding a central character in the first arc: What about Tylee? Did she share her mother's beliefs? What was she thinking and doing while all this was going on? Did she talk to anybody about all this? Was there a breakup between mother and daughter that caused Lori to sever what in the past had been a very possessive relationship? IMHO these are more important questions that what was going on with Melani and Ian and other peripheral characters. YMMV.
There are a few clues as to Tylee's frame of mind in our timeline -

Approx. Jan 2019?Lori is staying with her brother Alex. Lori and AC are seen arguing loudly in the street outside of AC’s San Tan Valley, AZ home. [my addition - July 1th 2019 - from Tylee's police statement after Charles was shot - "stated she has a baseball bat and explained that, when she had been living at her uncle's, and when she was by herself (my note Tylee's age 16 yrs and few months) she wanted something to feel safer and she's not old enough for pepper spray."]

Also relevant to note, as this probably applies to Tylee's experience as well - Feb 2019 – Lori’s first grandchild is born to Colby (CR) & his wife. Lori came to the hospital to see the baby. CV did not come to see the baby. CR says as a new parent he was just trying to figure out things for himself at this time in his life while all this drama was going on with Lori and CV. Lori lead CR to believe that CV had cheated on her and that was the reason she left him; that made CR angry at CV; Prior to this CV had been excited for the arrival of CR’s new baby, referring to the child as his granddaughter; CV attempted to text Lori’s family members to tell them he was innocent of cheating but CR wasn’t ready to talk to him; CR cut off communication with CV and Feb 2019 is the last time he and CV talked (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).

and -

Approx Feb 2019 – While in Kauai, Lori tells her friend AR that CV has been having an affair and he had turned mean and violent; AR says that does not sound like the CV she knew; it seemed like Lori was villainizing CV. Lori told AR how she had sabotaged CV by canceling his flight home to AZ and taking his truck from the airport, etc. (Dateline)

Approx Feb 2019 - Tylee spends most of her time in Kauai sleeping and seems depressed, while Lori talks constantly about death.

My addition - July 11th 2019 - Tylee tells the police officer she is 16 and drove to AZ from Texas by herself. Presumably CV gave her the Jeep in Houston shortly before that time, suggesting to me an attempt by CV to repair a soured relationship. link to video here ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION My feeling about Tylee's body language in that video is that she is not happy and Lori is not supportive towards her, they are standing quite apart, there is a brief accusatory exchange when Lori says "what?" to her, and Tylee is hugging herself.

30 Aug 2019 - NM goes to pick up the dog from Lori. "When Lori brought Bailey out, she asked if I’d found a home for him yet…She said, 'Well, if Tylee asks, just tell her you have because she’s really upset about all of this.'"

30 Aug 2019 – Lori, Tylee & JJ drive up to Colby’s workplace in Tylee’s Jeep. Tylee seemed sad to be moving away and didn’t say much.

--
A bit about JJ -

19 Sept 2019 -The new nanny arrives to watch JJ; "[Lori] mentioned how if she got home later to give JJ his medicine right before bed because it makes him tired fast. She joked about how she liked that because some days when he was extra tough for her to handle, she would give him his meds and have him go to bed early..." While Lori is gone JJ has a melt-down

"...He threw the chair from their wooden table down, flipped the ottoman over by their couch, and then ran upstairs. I let him cry for a bit, hoping he would calm down, but he didn’t. I felt I should check on him to make sure he wouldn’t hurt himself or break anything..."
"...I quickly found him under the bed in his mom’s room. He also had a room upstairs but from what I remember it just had toys in it and no bed. Lori’s room appeared normal, she had a large bed, bathroom, and it looked clean. Although something kind of strange..."
"...something kind of strange was that there was a small mattress in the corner where JJ slept. It was pretty thin, the size of a twin mattress, with sheets and a pillow. There was a mirror hanging above the mattress in the corner, as JJ ran up from under the bed..."

"...he went toward the mirror and knocked it off the wall. Hoping it didn’t break glass all over the mattress, I picked it up. While doing so he ran back downstairs. As I went back downstairs, JJ was still upset and said his mom wouldn’t want me to come over again..."
"...that he hated me, and didn’t want to be my friend.

---

While I share your frustration that we don't know more about Tylee's experience, I wouldn't say we are losing sight of the questions surrounding Tylee, it's just that it's limited to what ifs and maybes without more information from people who were in contact with her last year. On the other hand we do have new information to discuss about IP and Melani and it makes sense to me that this will be where the focus is at currently.

My feeling on the matter is that Lori gradually isolated Tylee from friends and then family, dragging Tylee around with her and making Tylee her witness (victimizing her) to CV being the villain, because she would need someone she could manipulate (Tylee) to vouch for why she would have to kill him. I also think Tylee's existence last year was not that of a carefree teenager with a circle of friends on the verge of stepping out to make a new life and making dreams of her own. I think she probably became introverted and depressed as a result (I note dwindling contact with Colby, and presume Lori started to control her use of her phone after they moved in that first week of September, much as JJ was restricted with his iPad and stopped facetiming KW/LW and Colby) and Tylee's upside-down world after the wheels of madness were in motion, revolved solely around JJ and being the only source of stability he had left. I'm presuming she disappeared when she did to align with college dates and the lie Lori had already been spreading about her going to college.

Just a FYI, the trip was to Yellowstone, not Yosemite. :)

MOO

There are a few clues as to Tylee's frame of mind in our timeline -

Approx. Jan 2019?Lori is staying with her brother Alex. Lori and AC are seen arguing loudly in the street outside of AC’s San Tan Valley, AZ home. [my addition - July 1th 2019 - from Tylee's police statement after Charles was shot - "stated she has a baseball bat and explained that, when she had been living at her uncle's, and when she was by herself (my note Tylee's age 16 yrs and few months) she wanted something to feel safer and she's not old enough for pepper spray."]

Also relevant to note, as this probably applies to Tylee's experience as well - Feb 2019 – Lori’s first grandchild is born to Colby (CR) & his wife. Lori came to the hospital to see the baby. CV did not come to see the baby. CR says as a new parent he was just trying to figure out things for himself at this time in his life while all this drama was going on with Lori and CV. Lori lead CR to believe that CV had cheated on her and that was the reason she left him; that made CR angry at CV; Prior to this CV had been excited for the arrival of CR’s new baby, referring to the child as his granddaughter; CV attempted to text Lori’s family members to tell them he was innocent of cheating but CR wasn’t ready to talk to him; CR cut off communication with CV and Feb 2019 is the last time he and CV talked (CR interview w/Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).

and -

Approx Feb 2019 – While in Kauai, Lori tells her friend AR that CV has been having an affair and he had turned mean and violent; AR says that does not sound like the CV she knew; it seemed like Lori was villainizing CV. Lori told AR how she had sabotaged CV by canceling his flight home to AZ and taking his truck from the airport, etc. (Dateline)

Approx Feb 2019 - Tylee spends most of her time in Kauai sleeping and seems depressed, while Lori talks constantly about death.

My addition - July 11th 2019 - Tylee tells the police officer she is 16 and drove to AZ from Texas by herself. Presumably CV gave her the Jeep in Houston shortly before that time, suggesting to me an attempt by CV to repair a soured relationship. link to video here ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION My feeling about Tylee's body language in that video is that she is not happy and Lori is not supportive towards her, they are standing quite apart, there is a brief accusatory exchange when Lori says "what?" to her, and Tylee is hugging herself.

30 Aug 2019 - NM goes to pick up the dog from Lori. "When Lori brought Bailey out, she asked if I’d found a home for him yet…She said, 'Well, if Tylee asks, just tell her you have because she’s really upset about all of this.'"

30 Aug 2019 – Lori, Tylee & JJ drive up to Colby’s workplace in Tylee’s Jeep. Tylee seemed sad to be moving away and didn’t say much.

--
A bit about JJ -

19 Sept 2019 -The new nanny arrives to watch JJ; "[Lori] mentioned how if she got home later to give JJ his medicine right before bed because it makes him tired fast. She joked about how she liked that because some days when he was extra tough for her to handle, she would give him his meds and have him go to bed early..." While Lori is gone JJ has a melt-down

"...He threw the chair from their wooden table down, flipped the ottoman over by their couch, and then ran upstairs. I let him cry for a bit, hoping he would calm down, but he didn’t. I felt I should check on him to make sure he wouldn’t hurt himself or break anything..."
"...I quickly found him under the bed in his mom’s room. He also had a room upstairs but from what I remember it just had toys in it and no bed. Lori’s room appeared normal, she had a large bed, bathroom, and it looked clean. Although something kind of strange..."
"...something kind of strange was that there was a small mattress in the corner where JJ slept. It was pretty thin, the size of a twin mattress, with sheets and a pillow. There was a mirror hanging above the mattress in the corner, as JJ ran up from under the bed..."

"...he went toward the mirror and knocked it off the wall. Hoping it didn’t break glass all over the mattress, I picked it up. While doing so he ran back downstairs. As I went back downstairs, JJ was still upset and said his mom wouldn’t want me to come over again..."
"...that he hated me, and didn’t want to be my friend.

---

While I share your frustration that we don't know more about Tylee's experience, I wouldn't say we are losing sight of the questions surrounding Tylee, it's just that it's limited to what ifs and maybes without more information from people who were in contact with her last year. On the other hand we do have new information to discuss about IP and Melani and it makes sense to me that this will be where the focus is at currently.

My feeling on the matter is that Lori gradually isolated Tylee from friends and then family, dragging Tylee around with her and making Tylee her witness (victimizing her) to CV being the villain, because she would need someone she could manipulate (Tylee) to vouch for why she would have to kill him. I also think Tylee's existence last year was not that of a carefree teenager with a circle of friends on the verge of stepping out to make a new life and making dreams of her own. I think she probably became introverted and depressed as a result (I note dwindling contact with Colby, and presume Lori started to control her use of her phone after they moved in that first week of September, much as JJ was restricted with his iPad and stopped facetiming KW/LW and Colby) and Tylee's upside-down world after the wheels of madness were in motion, revolved solely around JJ and being the only source of stability he had left. I'm presuming she disappeared when she did to align with college dates and the lie Lori had already been spreading about her going to college.

Just a FYI, the trip was to Yellowstone, not Yosemite. :)

MOO
This is a very good break down of Tylees emotional/mental state. I could really feel her sadness develop and get worse as I read.
I feel sad knowing what she must have gone through and knowing the person she should trust most betrayed her in a big way. Lori is a monster, pure narcissism. No use anymore, no worries just get rid of her. Pure evil and Chad too. I keep hoping every day that I wake up and check this site that he has been arrested. Jmo

Oh, I think Lori was Golddigger #1. For instance, they put down $30K income PER MONTH on the lease app in Kauai. Yeah, Tammy's insurance of $420k divided by 12. But who thinks that way? They are spending it at $100k or so a month now. *poof*

Just for fun, a video released by Nate. Introducing his family and what they are doing at home. Previous posts mentioned that other East Idaho News crew have done as well.
That video was uplifting! Nate has such a sweet family. Lol little Everett says, in response to whether or not he’s in school, “technically not,” that he does an online preschool. SO adorable! Thank you Nate for sharing your family with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010