GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was supposed to work the next day and didn't show up for work, her boss might have called her husband to ask if he knew where she was. That might have alerted the husband to the fact that she was missing. That is, if the husband didn't have anything to do with her being missing.

Here's the thing, if it was in fact presupposed that she was coming back that night, then when she didn't he would have called her multiple times and we could have seen the times and what tower her phone pinged off of. If she was supposed to come back and he didn't call once then that is very suspicious. It's also suspicious that he waited so long to report her missing if she was supposed to be coming back.

Here's the thing, if it was in fact presupposed that she was coming back that night, then when she didn't he would have called her multiple times and we could have seen the times and what tower her phone pinged off of. If she was supposed to come back and he didn't call once then that is very suspicious. It's also suspicious that he waited so long to report her missing if she was supposed to be coming back.

this is what i think is the telltale signal of something being wrong...is that he said she was to return but she didnt so why wait so long to report her missing? i would have been worried that same night when she didnt come back!moo

As for possible errands at 9 p.m., it's not like it was midnight. Many people have run into town for something at that hour. I've sent my hubby to the store for milk or bread at that time. Or he has gone to the store at 9 or 10 to get cigarettes. I've run into town to mail a letter or a bill so that it would go off by 7 a.m. We live in a rural area and our mail carrier doesn't get around to our house until 4 p.m. or later. I can think of a dozen errands that someone could be doing at 9 at night.

Agreed. There have been many times where I've been to Target or Wal-Mart around 9 to 10 PM. I have been grocery shopping at Wal-Mart before around midnight. It's not that odd to run an errand at 9 PM.

I just find it hard to believe that Katrina had been doing errands...and failed to complete them all at one time. Instead she completed part of them, went to the marital home, and left again at 9pm to complete more errands. Then she was planning to return to the marital home? For what purpose? After all, she still had to go to her own separate residence in Roscoe and go to work the next morning. Her family stated that they knew something was wrong when she failed to show up for work.

What errands are done after 9pm...especially if you have been out during the afternoon doing errands. And if she was picking up groceries or such, would she not return to her own separate residence instead of going back by the marital home? Lots of questions about all of this.....

What is strange though is she went for an errand after being out shopping just 2 hours before? And the husband not contacting authorities quicker when she never came home from that errand when she was supposed to?

The phone records will show a lot I believe.

Agreed. There have been many times where I've been to Target or Wal-Mart around 9 to 10 PM. I have been grocery shopping at Wal-Mart before around midnight. It's not that odd to run an errand at 9 PM.

see, if i went missing and someone said that i went out at 9pm to run an errand then send out the search dogs cause im never out at that time lol! but there has to be plenty of folks out shopping at the 24hr places...all hours of day and night...moo

i just find the whole thing strange...:moo:

What is strange though is she went for an errand after being out shopping just 2 hours before? And the husband not contacting authorities quicker when she never came home from that errand when she was supposed to?

The phone records will show a lot I believe.

I seem to do that most after grocery shopping...I have grand plans to cook something and miss an ingredient - running out a bit after I get home cause I forgot something. LOL :blushing:

I am sorry if this has been posted, but are there any searches being conducted anywhere? I live in Wisconsin and am close enough to drive down to help out. I would appreciate any info anyone has. TIA

see, if i went missing and someone said that went out at 9pm to run an errand then send out the search dogs cause im never out at that time lol! but there has to be plenty of folks out shopping at the 24hr places...all hours of day and night...moo

i just find the whole thing strange...:moo:

Very good point, everyone is different!

I just find it hard to believe that Katrina had been doing errands...and failed to complete them all at one time. Instead she completed part of them, went to the marital home, and left again at 9pm to complete more errands. Then she was planning to return to the marital home? For what purpose?

SBM

I don't understand this either. The only explanation I can think of is that she was going out to meet somebody at a certain time, so she had a bit of time to stop off at home (maybe to drop off things she'd picked up during her earlier errand run) before she went out again. This is the only thing that really makes sense, unless she had just forgotten to pick up something important and realized when she got home.

I'd love to know how her relationship is with her husband. Not saying at all that I think he was involved, but I think it would shed some light into why she was planning on staying there that night.

I just find it hard to believe that Katrina had been doing errands...and failed to complete them all at one time. Instead she completed part of them, went to the marital home, and left again at 9pm to complete more errands. Then she was planning to return to the marital home? For what purpose? After all, she still had to go to her own separate residence in Roscoe and go to work the next morning. Her family stated that they knew something was wrong when she failed to show up for work.

What errands are done after 9pm...especially if you have been out during the afternoon doing errands. And if she was picking up groceries or such, would she not return to her own separate residence instead of going back by the marital home? Lots of questions about all of this.....

Ever had your monthly friend come to visit after 9PM with no products in the house or forgot to get coffee for in the morning? I agree with others, a hundred reasons you would need to run out to get something you forgot earlier. Not like it was 2AM, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member