IL IL - Urooj Khan, 46, Chicago, 20 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In a couple of weeks they are supposedly going to exhume the body. But they already know the cause of death because of toxicology. I am not sure what the body is going to tell then now, especially considering it has been buried for quite some time.

I'm no expert but following Kathleen Savio's case, there is a lot they can still get from exhuming his body and doing a second autopsy.

In Kathleen's case, they were able to examine her wounds and determine if they were defensive wounds as an example.

They're obviously looking for something very specific in this case. We may not know what it is yet but if it goes to trial it will become obvious.

So she did prepare the curry......

'I didn't do it': Wife of $1m lottery winner killed by cyanide denies any part in murder as police reveal she did NOT share his last curry

Meanwhile, a Chicago police source has claimed that she did not share his last dinner, the traditional Indian Kofta curry she prepared at their home in Chicago

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-DID-NOT-eat-final-meal.html#ixzz2HfnWzD9x

According to the article Blondie posted above, the wife and her husband's daughter did not eat the curry meal. The wife's dad also lived in the home and owed $124,000 in back taxes, no report on what he ate. So sad because the lump sum amount is $424,00 and now there is a big fight over that. Supposedly the wife tried to cash the check in a few days after he husband's death but was unable to do it. (also in the article).

I've seen a number of articles say wife (who was also his cousin) and daughter also ate the curry meal.
Which suggests that the poison was in his individual plate, or something else than the curry meal.
Interesting article on cyanide. It's a fast acting poison. That obviously limits the suspect pool.

"Death may come in anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours, Paloucek said."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0111_1_cyanide-chicago-tylenol-murders-poison

This Chicago Tribune article from January 10 says:

"The wife of Urooj Khan – the million-dollar lottery winner who died of cyanide poisoning – said today that Chicago police detectives had questioned her about the ingredients she used in preparing her husband’s last meal.

Khan’s wife, Shabana Ansari, said she also believed that police had seized food from the family home during a search after toxicological tests showed her husband had died from lethal levels of cyanide.

Ansari and her father, Fareedun, said that both of them as well as Khan’s daughter shared a lamb curry meal with Khan on the night he died last July."

And this article also says:

"Fareedun Ansari, who identified himself as both Khan’s uncle and father-in-law, said he was present when Khan scratched off the million-dollar winning ticket last summer, weeks before his death. He said he was thrilled for him to win."

I think the uncle/father-in-law item was edited out of the suntimes article that jjenny previously linked to, at least, I couldn't find it. Anyhow, here it is in this article.

Maybe she and her father are only vegetarians on certain days of the week?

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73975199/

Things that interest me:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-cyanide-homicide-0110-20130110,0,2479887.story

Lottery winner's in-law had IRS woes
By Jason Meisner and Annie Sweeney, Chicago Tribune reporters
8:00 a.m. CST, January 10, 2013

"Khan's father-in-law, Fareedun Ansari, was living at Khan's residence with his daughter and son-in-law when Khan was fatally stricken, according to Ansari's criminal defense attorney. The Cook County medical examiner's office initially found that Khan died of natural causes, but after a relative raised concerns, extensive toxicological tests showed he died of lethal levels of cyanide. Police and prosecutors are investigating his death as a homicide.

The IRS filed liens against Khan's West Rogers Park residence in February and March 2011 as part of an effort to collect $124,000 from Ansari in allegedly unpaid taxes related to a small business, records from the Cook County recorder of deeds show."

"James Pittacora, who represents Ansari, said his client had operated a business in New Jersey that Khan had financed but that Ansari had since returned to Chicago. He said the two were "very close.""

Don't know what the Ansari business in New Jersey was but I am fairly certain it was in or near Atlantic City. Ergo, possibly the propensity to gamble extended to the uncle/father-in-law? Just a thought.

These story kind of gives me deja vu. I don't understand why people think they have the right to kill someone who wins the lottery just to take their money. I am so glad that they tested for the cyanide and his death was ruled a homicide. I hope he gets the justice he deserves like Abraham.

RIP Abraham and Mr. Khan. Winning the lottery was a curse.

I feel like I am playing the board game "Clue", so far we have:

-in the kitchen
-with cyanide
by______________

Seeing that Prof Peacock and Col Mustard where not there we have.....

-The Father-In-Law, he could have put cyanide on his SIL's plate. The check had finally arrived, he got his SIL out of the way, his daughter would have the money to help him pay off his debt. hmmmm possible.

-The Wife, Im not sure, as she was married to him, therefore the money was hers as well. Was he going to spend it all and not allow her any....if so, this is a possibility as well. Did she want all the money before he donated some winnings?
good possibility
I wonder if they had argued about how to spend this money?

-The Brother or sister: poison his brother, get custody of his niece, therefore he could try and get his hands on her share of the money. This senario would have worked if both his brother and the wife were poisoned.....but did they know that the wife was a vegeterian?????
Not likely....how would they get into his house to put cyanide in the food?

-Daughter: possibly, but I doubt it. I wonder what their relationship was like?

I wonder what the relationship was like between the widow and her brother-in-law/sister-in-law prior to this murder? Or the relationship between the step mom and step daughter prior to this murder?

In the kitchen, with cyanide by the FIL JMO

Is cyanide that easy to get? Where would the murderer have gotten the stuff? Not on the streets. Online? If so, hope they check the home and work computers.

Whoever did this to him, wanted him to suffer. This was a horrific death.

I guess all lucky streaks eventually come to an end:

From the newest Chicago Tribune article linked by jjenny:

"Also in 1998, Khan was arrested and charged with felony theft and credit card tampering stemming from his job at a gas station in Chicago's Lincoln Square neighborhood.

Khan admitted taking cash from customers for gas purchases, pocketing the money and then ringing up the charge on a phony or stolen credit card. He pleaded guilty in March 1999 and was sentenced to 30 months of probation and ordered to pay $3,200 in restitution, records show.

He successfully completed the probation by September 2001.

Some five years later, life appeared to have turned around dramatically for Khan. He had been married to Shabana Ansari, his current wife, for about six years by then and owned several condos on the Far North Side and three laundry and dry-cleaning businesses."

From stealing cash to owning several condos and three dry-cleaning businesses in 6 or 7 years? Astounding!!!

My money is on the father-in-law and the wife. Father-in-law obviously had motivation to collect back taxes, worked with wife who prepared the food. It sounds like the entire dish was spiked but it's not clear why the daughter didn't eat it (unless she is vegetarian like many Indians.)

We are getting rather conflicting information on whether everyone else in the family at this curry. British newspapers claim that only the victim ate it. But the American ones claim all of the ate it. I am also not sure at to how soon after dinner victim became ill. While many Indians might be vegeterians, since the father isn't, I am not sure why the daughter would be. Especially considering she was born in US.

We are getting rather conflicting information on whether everyone else in the family at this curry. British newspapers claim that only the victim ate it. But the American ones claim all of the ate it. I am also not sure at to how soon after dinner victim became ill. While many Indians might be vegeterians, since the father isn't, I am not sure why the daughter would be. Especially considering she was born in US.

Great questions.

The father could have been a meat-eater and the mother a vegetarian; I know some Indian families where this is the case. The daughter could have adopted the values of the mother, or just been like a lot of kids and been vegetarian for non-religious reasons.

They are Indians (atleast born in India) but they belong to the Muslim religion. Muslims are almost always heavy meat-eaters (with the exception of pork). Hindus and Buddhists are more likely to be vegetarian.

I find it very suspicious that the wife AND father-in-law did not partake of the last supper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back